Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:28:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115842 times)
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:53:43 AM

Hey guys need some help please I've installed the Factom Enterprise wallet and it just gives me a failure to connect message even with VPN activated as follows:

Unable to connect to factomd instance. The wallet is at 'localhost:8088' for it's factomd instance. If this is set locally you must download the latest factomd and run it until it is synced

I've downloaded and unzipped the blockchain to the folder specified below as described on the setup instructions page below.

~/.factom/m2/main-database/ldb/MAIN/factoid_level.db/

https://docs.factom.com/#before-you-begin

And I've tried restarting the wallet a couple of times, but there is no improvement with the problem.

Some help would be much appreciated.

What kind of firewall or AV do you have? It seems to me as if something s blocking connection.
The best option is to join Factom slack, there is a link on page 1 of this thread. You can find official support there.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Camineet

Activity: 21
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:07:53 AM

just windows firewall and microsoft security essentials.

can someone direct link me to slack? i can't find it anywhere on 1st page of thread
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:47:43 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2017, 11:15:28 AM by crazyivan

just windows firewall and microsoft security essentials.

can someone direct link me to slack? i can't find it anywhere on 1st page of thread

Here it is:

https://factomfoundation.slack.com

Camineet

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:03:04 AM

[/quote]

Here it is:

http://community.factomfoundation.com/
[/quote]

ty, i've tried clicking that link about 10 times and get 'invalid custom domain' error. are you sure that's the right web address?

bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:22:58 AM

I have 4 transactions that where not send to the blockchain but are withdrawn from my balance. Total of 1079 factom is missing or in limbo Cry appearently its a polo problem so I will submit a ticket .. pfff last ticket took weeks before resolved. This is caused by the network of factom being down a lot I think? So better to check slack everytime when withdrawing funds ..? What a hassle but no other way I think

You do not need to check slack. Check this one out.

http://status.factom.com/

It tells you if the network is operational.

All in all, I do not expect these issues anymore in the future.

Thanks mate will check that out next time

No problem, as you can see, you can even register to get regular updates if something happens. However, as I ve said, I really hope these issue re behind us. Factom needs stability and client base will grow.

Well I have another missing 1200 factoids. it it summing up way to large numbers now. I checked the site before withdrawing from polo it said network was runnign and everthing was fine but it was never send to the blockchain again. Today I read there where again some problems with the network. I'm a huge fan of factom but this is getting real troublesome for me I want to withdraw my coins from the exchange but lots of them are just in limbo gone for the moment and as we all know polo dont respond so this getting a big problem for me. There seems there is now way to be sure if I send my factom to my paper wallet that they will arrive safely.

total of 7 missing withdrawals now so its really atarting to worry me now..
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:14:56 AM

My mistake, here is it:

Camineet

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:33:37 AM

My mistake, here is it:

great thanks but still need an invite to get access to factom's slack. can you help?
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:12:56 PM

I have 4 transactions that where not send to the blockchain but are withdrawn from my balance. Total of 1079 factom is missing or in limbo Cry appearently its a polo problem so I will submit a ticket .. pfff last ticket took weeks before resolved. This is caused by the network of factom being down a lot I think? So better to check slack everytime when withdrawing funds ..? What a hassle but no other way I think

You do not need to check slack. Check this one out.

It tells you if the network is operational.

All in all, I do not expect these issues anymore in the future.

Thanks mate will check that out next time

No problem, as you can see, you can even register to get regular updates if something happens. However, as I ve said, I really hope these issue re behind us. Factom needs stability and client base will grow.

Well I have another missing 1200 factoids. it it summing up way to large numbers now. I checked the site before withdrawing from polo it said network was runnign and everthing was fine but it was never send to the blockchain again. Today I read there where again some problems with the network. I'm a huge fan of factom but this is getting real troublesome for me I want to withdraw my coins from the exchange but lots of them are just in limbo gone for the moment and as we all know polo dont respond so this getting a big problem for me. There seems there is now way to be sure if I send my factom to my paper wallet that they will arrive safely.

It's safe to say that Factom is not totally stable yet but I believe that Polo has own issues. Some months ago I also had problems with a withdrawal and others as well. It simply wasn't processed and after writing to support it took about one week or so to resolve that issue. But that was in march.

Some weeks ago it was the other way around and that was definitely not a Factom-problem: I deposited a small amount on Polo and all went well. Then I sent more right after and it didn't show up on my account (the transfer on the blockchain was done). Again I messaged support but got no reply for 12 days and never got reply.

What I did, and now it becomes a bit crazy: I sent a tiny amount to Polo just to test if it goes through - and: this small deposit (about 0.1 FCT or so) also didn't show up but it was as if it pushed my previous deposit through. Instantly that showed up (the one I waited for and waited to get a reply from Support). And that happened several times now - a deposit doesn't go through, but the next one kind of pushes it from "endless pending" (or not even showing up at all) to "confirmed/available".

That said: Polo has problems. Best scenarios is that they are simply overwhelmed, that the tech is overwhelmed and the support-staff of course.  Bad scenario is that it's simply a bad site and that they are not able to handle their service and that would be a problem if we think about security in general. Even worst: If there is something so wrong that they might become the next MtGox or whatever - already hacked but nobody nows about it.

For now I believe that it's the first scenario: The increase of users is obvious and it's really a sharp rise. And that it's a technical problem is also obvious - my own experience is proof for me. That support can't handle it is also obvious. But in general I'm carefully with poloniex.

In your situation it's most likely similar: The withdrawals were not processed but in difference to my "push-through-deposits" you can't do much more than writing to support. But I'm sure that your funds are not lost.
bamsterdam

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:46:12 PM

Thank you for your extended reply. I waited to long to get my factoids out of polo simply because I was unformiliar with paper wallets and didnt wanted to use the enterprise wallet since it cant be encrypted. So when I finally found out how paper wallets work (it was really simple..) and remebered I could check the blockexplorer if my funds arrived in my wallet I started to withdraw funds from polo. Only shortly after factom rised and the amount in $ grew so its taking a long time to withdraw all my factoids from polo. Ive been at it every day and was trying to increase my withdraw limit in which I resently succeeded but now I found out that a lot of my transactions wherent send to the blockchain.

I dont want to use polo again or not for big amounts but still hoping to get my funds of it largest part is still on it. Hoping its the first senerio you discribe would be a dissaster if the would turn in the next gox and will trigger a bear market for sure afterwards. Exchanges are terrible and its time for decentralised exchanges to take the upper hand.

btw transactions are not send to the blockchain again just tried it out with 1 factoid this is getting real troublesome and frustrating since they obviously dont respond to these requests

The scary part is that I dont control my factom and have so much faiht in it that I certainly dont want to lose more then half of my stack.. lets hope the network will proces transactions soon so I can withdraw yet another bunch of coins from there and wait for tommorrow ..
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:55:52 PM

Thank you for your extended reply. I waited to long to get my factoids out of polo simply because I was unformiliar with paper wallets and didnt wanted to use the enterprise wallet since it cant be encrypted. So when I finally found out how paper wallets work (it was really simple..) and remebered I could check the blockexplorer if my funds arrived in my wallet I started to withdraw funds from polo. Only shortly after factom rised and the amount in $ grew so its taking a long time to withdraw all my factoids from polo. Ive been at it every day and was trying to increase my withdraw limit in which I resently succeeded but now I found out that a lot of my transactions wherent send to the blockchain.

I dont want to use polo again or not for big amounts but still hoping to get my funds of it largest part is still on it. Hoping its the first senerio you discribe would be a dissaster if the would turn in the next gox and will trigger a bear market for sure afterwards. Exchanges are terrible and its time for decentralised exchanges to take the upper hand.

btw transactions are not send to the blockchain again just tried it out with 1 factoid this is getting real troublesome and frustrating since they obviously dont respond to these requests

The scary part is that I dont control my factom and have so much faiht in it that I certainly dont want to lose more then half of my stack.. lets hope the network will proces transactions soon so I can withdraw yet another bunch of coins from there and wait for tommorrow ..

Yes, I absolutely understand. Maybe join the slack: http://factom-slack.herokuapp.com/

(Ah, I just see that you are on there - if you type in "withdrawal" in the search-field - you are not alone)

And like I said: Some months ago I also had problems and a few others I know.

My mtgox-comparison was not meant as if they would hold back funds. Until now I don't believe that. Thought is more: It's safe to say that Polo doesn't work well lately (check this: https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=poloniex%20withdrawal&src=typd )

....and that raises concerns about security in general in my opinion. And their support is really bad. I believe that they work but  if they don't have the resources to solve all problems in 24-48 hours there should be at least guys who reply on messages and give infos.

But true is also: Factom is obviously not easy to handle for other services. Exodus also didn't include it yet while that was planned since early this year.
bamsterdam

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 01:36:47 PM

Yes, I absolutely understand. Maybe join the slack: http://factom-slack.herokuapp.com/

(Ah, I just see that you are on there - if you type in "withdrawal" in the search-field - you are not alone)

And like I said: Some months ago I also had problems and a few others I know.

My mtgox-comparison was not meant as if they would hold back funds. Until now I don't believe that. Thought is more: It's safe to say that Polo doesn't work well lately (check this: https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=poloniex%20withdrawal&src=typd )

....and that raises concerns about security in general in my opinion. And their support is really bad. I believe that they work but  if they don't have the resources to solve all problems in 24-48 hours there should be at least guys who reply on messages and give infos.

But true is also: Factom is obviously not easy to handle for other services. Exodus also didn't include it yet while that was planned since early this year.

Wow that twitter account is going crazy with people having all sorts of problems.. pff just withdraw some btc gonna try again tommorow to withdraw some more factoids. Yeah they have big problems for sure hope I will get my funds out of there in time.. Meanwhile factom network isnt helping I can understand exodus still is waiting for factom to get his network stable cause it simply isnt. Hopefully you are right and where not seeying the beginning of a new gox but seems to me polo took security way more serious that gox did after their first hack. Time will tell hopefully before that my missing factoids have returned
lolikop

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 07:06:17 PM

Hey guys need some help please I've installed the Factom Enterprise wallet and it just gives me a failure to connect message even with VPN activated as follows:

Unable to connect to factomd instance. The wallet is at 'localhost:8088' for it's factomd instance. If this is set locally you must download the latest factomd and run it until it is synced

I've downloaded and unzipped the blockchain to the folder specified below as described on the setup instructions page below.

~/.factom/m2/main-database/ldb/MAIN/factoid_level.db/

https://docs.factom.com/#before-you-begin

And I've tried restarting the wallet a couple of times, but there is no improvement with the problem.

Some help would be much appreciated.

U need to install factomd and run it before opening the enterprise wallet, or u can use the live node which is much easier and faster https://docs.factom.com/#run-enterprise-wallet-online
lolikop

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 07:11:26 PM

This seems not only related to the factom network but also to the exchanges api's, even when its up and running some withdraws are not going through, paul said that the factom blockchain is different then all other blockchains and that they are working with the exchanges to get the deposit and withdraw issues fixed.
lolikop

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:29:25 PM

Jun 17, 2017
Monitoring
Resolved - The Factom Network is back online after a maintenance period in which we deployed a significant bugfix that was causing network stalls.

We will continue to keep a close eye on the system to ensure it remains stable.
Jun 17, 22:42 UTC
Identified - We have identified a fix for our persisting network issues and are rolling out an update.

We value your patience - please subscribe to our status page for real-time updates.
Jun 17, 19:41 UTC
Monitoring - The Factom Network is online. If you are running a Factom Node, your node will resume syncing without any action required on your end. Factoid transactions are operational (wallet and transfers are operational). you may see intermittent issues with some data entries, we are still investigating this.
Jun 17, 04:48 UTC

Darkchrono

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:46:51 AM

Just want to point out that I made a withdrawal from poloniex june the 12th that was confirmed but never seen in blockchain or my wallet. I received my withdrawal today after the maintenance so I think this might have resolved something? Just want to check if the maintenance helped others aswell.
luczalt

Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:41:08 AM

Just want to point out that I made a withdrawal from poloniex june the 12th that was confirmed but never seen in blockchain or my wallet. I received my withdrawal today after the maintenance so I think this might have resolved something? Just want to check if the maintenance helped others aswell.
I received my today too!
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:16:00 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2017, 03:39:43 PM by MrSunshine

I received my today too!

Me too, June 12th withdrawal from polo didn't show up until today.

I just did another withdrawal from Polo, and it went through in like 15 minutes. I want off of Polo.
dmitryshech

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:45:01 PM

Yess, finally I got my 50 tokens as well today. After a week!
sgjenks01

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:38:45 PM

When I try to start factomd.exe on Windows 10 I get an error which says:
    "Reading from 'C:\users\[user]/.factom/m2/factomd.conf'
    Cannot open custom config file.
    Starting with default settings.
    open C:\users\[user]/.factom/m2/factomd.conf: The system cannot find the file specified."

Then it repeats the same exact thing, over and over and over.

How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Steve

PS  I've searched the entire PC and there is no file called factomd.conf .
lolikop

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:14:06 AM

When I try to start factomd.exe on Windows 10 I get an error which says:
    "Reading from 'C:\users\[user]/.factom/m2/factomd.conf'
    Cannot open custom config file.
    Starting with default settings.
    open C:\users\[user]/.factom/m2/factomd.conf: The system cannot find the file specified."

Then it repeats the same exact thing, over and over and over.

How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Steve

PS  I've searched the entire PC and there is no file called factomd.conf .

Factomd is for running a local node, u need the enterprise wallet aswel https://docs.factom.com/#install-enterprise-wallet

Its easier to just use the factom live node, no need for factomd and syncing will only take a few hours
https://docs.factom.com/#run-enterprise-wallet-online
Pages: « 1 ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: