Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:32:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339399 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:07:03 PM

Friday is Bayday for me, so be generous and spend me a BAY at BAYDAY96gvXYugqSH3JpDQcQh9KkyHLzBg  Grin
Decentradical

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:14:36 PM

I'm reading this is a scam that is just David resurrecting blackcoin.

Don't worry. Blackcoin is already 'David resurrecting Blackcoin'.  Grin
MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:43:57 PM

No offence but you are saying you are happy with no information. Yes we have the tech and wallet but we know NOTHING about the real work of populating a marketplace of some sort. That's simply unacceptable. The list I saw had only a couple of the people under NDA's so what about the others? Seems fishy...

I said I was currently satisfied.  I don't expect there to be no new information forever.

The team said that they would release more specific information when the NDA's are expired and stated that the marketplace would already be going by then.  I am okay with waiting for the marketplace to exist before we tackle the other stuff.

I understand that might place me in a huge minority of crypto users and trust can be a risky thing.  But so far I see positive interaction with the community which looks like it will continue.  Let's see what the website is like.  A dedicated forum will hopefully start spawning some productive discussion regarding project specifics.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
choeymethod

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:45:48 PM

Looks slick, now lets get this  baby going
smallbay

Activity: 44

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:49:20 PM

2 more days until the fun starts  Grin
waxo

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:31:24 AM

Overed

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:53:32 AM

Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 02:11:04 AM

interested with gaming features at the wallet
add jackpot game please  Grin
BitcoinBaBa

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:33:03 AM

So as far as them putting my name to this. If you read the OP on BCT, they put me as lead dev before I had a chance to announce the news to BC. I was upset since the gossip spread so fast I didnt even have time to talk on my own behalf and so I had them change the post to say i was ONLY a project manager.

It was never my intention to be a lead dev of a coin that I myself didnt write from scratch. If you followed BC, you would know that and you would know that this action went way beyond what anyone expected from me.

After they had my name on it, and people kept asking questions on BCT and they only wanna talk to me, i felt like i didnt really have a choice.

So the only choice i had was to pass up the offer in the first place(and i didnt have a time machine). And I would had to consider that they would put my name all over it and that i would be forced to take on a larger role for them. At the time, I really had not considered it. To me, I was just cloning Halo for them and doing markets which i had planned all year anyways. At the time of negotiation my rationale was to "get paid doing what i was planning on doing anyways".

So, i accepted and now there has been some drama which i never ducked.

Instead of worrying about the past my only intention is to focus on the future. SO I'm just going to continue coding and try my best. Which is all anyone should expect. Im not going to spend my time worrying if they bought on the back end. If there is selling below ico, you may be right although i have no idea how you would expect me to provide evidence of that no matter how rational your argument. So now im going to simply have to walk forward and put one foot in front of the other.

Err.. have to admit it doesn't sound too promising. I divested a couple of days back as it was too much of risk for me. Hope it becomes a success as crypto could really do good with such projects.Best of luck guys.
spookycoins

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 03:56:51 AM

Err.. have to admit it doesn't sound too promising. I divested a couple of days back as it was too much of risk for me. Hope it becomes a success as crypto could really do good with such projects.Best of luck guys.

That thread you pulled that from is basically a witch hunt on David.

Investing in BitBay is not for everyone.
I respect your decision not to support the project.
Hopefully when the roadmap shows progress and the marketplace gains traction you'll reconsider.
Cheers.

That's me on twitter --> @spookycoins
BitcoinBaBa

Activity: 225

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:08:21 AM

Hopefully when the roadmap shows progress and the marketplace gains traction you'll reconsider.
Cheers.

Oh yes if things clear up I will happily hop back in, may it be at a premium but for now its better to be safe than sorry.

A lot of eyes will be on the upcoming wallet.Hope it turns out well.
C0ins_R_U5

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:49:46 AM

Cheers.

Oh yes if things clear up I will happily hop back in, may it be at a premium but for now its better to be safe than sorry.

A lot of eyes will be on the upcoming wallet.Hope it turns out well.

be greedy when others are fearful.. this coin no doubt packs the most bang for the buck .. pending a wallet release.  if this takes off the ground floor will be really hard to see in the coming days.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 06:14:37 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 06:54:08 AM by unusualfacts30

So as far as them putting my name to this. If you read the OP on BCT, they put me as lead dev before I had a chance to announce the news to BC. I was upset since the gossip spread so fast I didnt even have time to talk on my own behalf and so I had them change the post to say i was ONLY a project manager.

It was never my intention to be a lead dev of a coin that I myself didnt write from scratch. If you followed BC, you would know that and you would know that this action went way beyond what anyone expected from me.

After they had my name on it, and people kept asking questions on BCT and they only wanna talk to me, i felt like i didnt really have a choice.

So the only choice i had was to pass up the offer in the first place(and i didnt have a time machine). And I would had to consider that they would put my name all over it and that i would be forced to take on a larger role for them. At the time, I really had not considered it. To me, I was just cloning Halo for them and doing markets which i had planned all year anyways. At the time of negotiation my rationale was to "get paid doing what i was planning on doing anyways".

So, i accepted and now there has been some drama which i never ducked.

Instead of worrying about the past my only intention is to focus on the future. SO I'm just going to continue coding and try my best. Which is all anyone should expect. Im not going to spend my time worrying if they bought on the back end. If there is selling below ico, you may be right although i have no idea how you would expect me to provide evidence of that no matter how rational your argument. So now im going to simply have to walk forward and put one foot in front of the other.

You forgot to read everything that David said. Obviously, Bitbay is for consumers and DD will have to be set up the way consumers want it. David has right to speak his mind and sometimes it can be different from what's good for Bay as a project. No big deal. David is a great dev as always and he has right to speak his mind. Bay is still as powerful as it ever was.

Personally, I think it doesn't make sense to put an ICO that'll release 33% of total ICO money everytime you get to a milestone. If Bitbay wanted to make money they would make it differently so they can get all the fund out in one shot without achieving milestone (easiest and most profitable way to run away with money) BUT they didn't. That means money from ICO isn't their motivation at all. Competing with Alibab is their goal.

You know the thing is, I believe in DD escrow. That was the reason I made it. I'm not the only one. Lots of people believe in it and there has been some contracts in Halo (we keep track of it). So although you are correct... ideally a society based on trust is a better one, we currently do not have a society based on trust. Simply turn on the news for a few minutes and listen to how corrupt and backwards society is.

I agree with you. There is definitely challenges in getting DD escrow to be used main stream. However, the same can be said for crypto.

Ive always been a fan of the old world and eye for an eye system. Regardless of its practicality because consumers want to feel comfortable

Instead of worrying about the past my only intention is to focus on the future. SO I'm just going to continue coding and try my best. Which is all anyone should expect. Im not going to spend my time worrying if they bought on the back end. If there is selling below ico, you may be right although i have no idea how you would expect me to provide evidence of that no matter how rational your argument. So now im going to simply have to walk forward and put one foot in front of the other.[/dzimbeck]

David role is a lead dev. People expecting him to answer questions regarding "alibaba" or "Ico money" is just plain retarded. How the hell would he know?

Main issue is that people think that Bay is just a smalltime crypto like any other altcoin and two or three people are working on it. That's far from the truth. I think there are people working in this project who have no clue about crypto or btctalk forum for that matter and lot of users on btctalk don't keep that in mind that world doesn't revolve around "btctalk" forum.  Cool

My advice to David would be. Don't feed the troll. Focus on your coding and forget about everything else that's going on in BTCtalk forum. This place is full of drama and that's not just the case for "bitbay" it happens to every single crypto that comes out. Most of the trolls aren't looking for "answer". They're just looking to start drama and by feeding them you're falling into their trap.

People who are holding bags of any other altcoin are just pissed off and some of them spend all day calling out every single altcoin that looks promising. Instead of blaming themselves for their loss they blame whole crypto community like a coward who don't have balls to blame himself for his loss. It's pathetic.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
issie81

Activity: 760

CryptoZilla

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 08:03:07 AM

Massive bull incoming.. great buys!
still top10 richlist baby xD
Smoothmold

Activity: 147

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 08:14:21 AM

Massive bull incoming.. great buys!
still top10 richlist baby xD

Yep. Bought another 1.5 btc. Couldn't resist it haha
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:32:14 AM

And yet another public attack on Bitbay.

I must say it is tiring to see people accusing Bitbay of all kinds of s***.

And everytime Bitbay / David provides proof etc some other retard shows up.

These people do not even read this thread, only 1 post and base their entire accusation on this.

I honestly hope we will soon bring out an update/feature that is like an big middle finger to all of these false accusers.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:05:15 PM

And yet another public attack on Bitbay.

I must say it is tiring to see people accusing Bitbay of all kinds of s***.

And everytime Bitbay / David provides proof etc some other retard shows up.

These people do not even read this thread, only 1 post and base their entire accusation on this.

I honestly hope we will soon bring out an update/feature that is like an big middle finger to all of these false accusers.

microchoveur

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:48:25 PM

When is the next feature released ? Tomorrow ?

When is the next upcoming event ?

IDAP.IO.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Introducing Derivatives Product Ecosystem to Crypto Asset Market.
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk

Decentradical

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:49:46 PM

So far this thread has only been scratching the surface when it comes to the potential of smart contracts.

The guitar example is really understating the value of a smart contract. It's just trading objects and fair enough, that's when liquidity becomes a problem.  

But a large part of the digital economy comes from commission-based freelancing. Web-design, copy-writing, affiliate marketing, coding, graphic and concept artist and what not. All these custom-made services are much less tangible than a guitar.  

If you want to hire someone to design your website, your deal only ends when you're satisfied. If you are hired to design a website, then your deal only ends when you're paid.

That means that for this type of work, smart contracts are a godsend.

Check this website:
http://clientsfromhell.net/  

Every single one of these horror stories can be avoided by smart contracts. That's because smart contracts give both parties the incentive to uphold their part of the bargain to the best of their abilities. It's not about a 'he said she said' issue with a broken guitar or a box filled with phonebooks.

It's about "Hey I like the site so far but our contract also says that the member profile section has to be finalised. If you finish it this week we can both release each other's eskrow, if you think you're not getting it done we can just pay for the finished part for 80% and make a new contract for the member profile section part."  

These deals need a lot of communication and this can only truly be done when both parties have leverage on each other.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:22:48 PM

So far this thread has only been scratching the surface when it comes to the potential of smart contracts.

The guitar example is really understating the value of a smart contract. It's just trading objects and fair enough, that's when liquidity becomes a problem.  

But a large part of the digital economy comes from commission-based freelancing. Web-design, copy-writing, affiliate marketing, coding, graphic and concept artist and what not. All these custom-made services are much less tangible than a guitar.  

If you want to hire someone to design your website, your deal only ends when you're satisfied. If you are hired to design a website, then your deal only ends when you're paid.

That means that for this type of work, smart contracts are a godsend.

Check this website:
http://clientsfromhell.net/  

Every single one of these horror stories can be avoided by smart contracts. That's because smart contracts give both parties the incentive to uphold their part of the bargain to the best of their abilities. It's not about a 'he said she said' issue with a broken guitar or a box filled with phonebooks.

It's about "Hey I like the site so far but our contract also says that the member profile section has to be finalised. If you finish it this week we can both release each other's eskrow, if you think you're not getting it done we can just pay for the finished part for 80% and make a new contract for the member profile section part."  

These deals need a lot of communication and this can only truly be done when both parties have leverage on each other.

Yes, this is something most people don't seem to get and are only thinking about eBay or Alibaba type services. I am a freelance translator and a system with smart contracts would be amazing.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: