Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:49:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339417 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitBay Team (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:01:14 PM

I don't know what I did. Maybe it was pc restart but the smart contracts now finally work. The contract finally picks my receive adress, which is set in 'receive coins' and is identical to the home wallet address.

You don't need the gmail adress, but it does make things a whole lot easier.

So let the smart contracting begin Cheesy is it still NFL or is there a new competition?

We have extended the competition to cover next Sunday's games. Have at it : -)

BitBay Team
Decentradical

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:07:41 PM

Oooh! Any Starcraft fans here? I've always wanted to bet on the World Championship games!

http://wcs.battle.net/sc2/en#schedule
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 02:13:20 PM

The problem here is that David has about a dozen posts in other threads the last 5 hours, and exactly one post in here.

That's not accurate.

All of the posts over the time span you referenced were yesterday and were in threads that were dedicated to Bitbay fud and bringing up his personal information.

He was defending himself.

He shouldn't have to do that.  But if one had to, on an international forum, how would you define priorities?  

Sometimes it is hard to ignore the trolls...and to implicitly support him, I second thanking David for his efforts.  I suppose I wouldn't be arguing too much if he were taking some time to attend to his own personal interests.  Downtime, even if it is contextual to work, is valuable and it is unreasonable to expect everything at every single time.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=234208;sa=showPosts

Yup, agree 100% If it's not moving fast enough for you complainers and FUDDERS, then get off the forum and go outside and get some sunlight. That is, if you can still open your doors.....

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:17:44 PM

Some of us aren't worried and can ignore FUD, wish others had some balls to do the same when they see something promising....eih, what can you do.

Still nice to see the wallet in action.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
whetherman

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 02:20:32 PM

The problem here is that David has about a dozen posts in other threads the last 5 hours, and exactly one post in here.

That's not accurate.

All of the posts over the time span you referenced were yesterday and were in threads that were dedicated to Bitbay fud and bringing up his personal information.

He was defending himself.

He shouldn't have to do that.  But if one had to, on an international forum, how would you define priorities?  

Sometimes it is hard to ignore the trolls...and to implicitly support him, I second thanking David for his efforts.  I suppose I wouldn't be arguing too much if he were taking some time to attend to his own personal interests.  Downtime, even if it is contextual to work, is valuable and it is unreasonable to expect everything at every single time.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=234208;sa=showPosts

Yup, agree 100% If it's not moving fast enough for you complainers and FUDDERS, then get off the forum and go outside and get some sunlight. That is, if you can still open your doors.....

Back off Jack. If David was smart he would be in here answering questions and helping people to get the wallet working. How many successful contracts have you managed so far with that wallet? Big Fat Zero.You need to distinguish between legitimate concerns of people who are supporting this project and fud. Or else you lose all credibility.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:27:44 PM

You need to distinguish between legitimate concerns of people who are supporting this project and fud.
You take the words right of my mouth  Wink
SkyValeey

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:29:02 PM

Oooh! Any Starcraft fans here? I've always wanted to bet on the World Championship games!

We don't give a fuck about it. GTFO
randywald

Activity: 600

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:31:46 PM

We don't give a fuck about it. GTFO

SkyValeey, you cannot say "we" because you are not "we" Cheesy Wink.

BitBay Team (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:35:59 PM

Please be civil towards one another.  Grin
digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:37:17 PM

Another point to add to toknormal's about volume/price - which is why the current prices don't bother me (with just limited trading I'm scoring a ton of free BAY so I'm delighted actually - despite the 'loss' of my ICO coins in value).

In the early stages of a project, especially a software project, there are a ton of bumps in the road.  In crypto you couple this with a ton of manipulation and volatility and FUD and there is a ton of money to be gained/lost, all before anything really can be seen in a polished state.  These are all speculation bids for a future which may not be fully realized for years (even BTC is a baby in terms of real-world adoption).

On the other hand, since BAY has not been 'pumped' or artificially supported - as some have called for - we have a situation where all of the coins have a very small profit horizon.  By that I mean that if you believe this is more than a $1M project - ever - then it should be easy to see profits just from a price perspective.  Many people hold BTC they bought at over $800... so for it to best it's ATH price will be difficult and require a large infusion of new capital as selling pressure will be significant.  For BC it's even more the case - it would take close to a miracle for it to ever get over 50-60K sats again (although as most of those buyers have probably given up and sold at a loss the average price paid for the entire mintage is probably lower than this).

It's a weird trend in crypto that I've noticed over the past couple years trading it... people will often sell coins at a loss (when you should never sell) and will hold on to coins that have seen a parabolic rise in price (when you should always sell).  With BAY all the price has to do is crest ~295 sats (except for the few that bought during the tiny bump to ~310 after the markets opened)... and everyone holding it is in the profits.  Although it might take a little marketing to 'restore' the ICO hype at that point, it won't take very much at all considering the low volumes and sideways price action we've seen the past week.

To me I didn't buy into this coin because of the market price - I just trade everything, especially early on, because that's how I make more BTC to invest in these coins in the first place.  I invested in the concept with BAY, and to a lesser extent, in David as a developer - because I've seen promise in his work and work ethic.  He's hungry and an entrepreneur... and those are the only two qualities that really matter much in new business ventures.

Time will tell who is right and who is wrong - but you either take risks and participate, or you guarantee that you stay exactly the same as you were yesterday.  Wink
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 02:42:50 PM

too many fud in bitcointalk,
bitcointalk forum is not pleasant place anymore,.
fud like devil,maybe king of devil on crypto world

We only loose if we let them win...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
neo1947

Activity: 449

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:47:05 PM

a project that loosing its 75% of ico value in just three weeks,think again!!!!! what a project lol Huh Huh Huh Huh
SkyValeey

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:47:36 PM

Strange shakeout. Remember similar with LXC....
Piston Honda
Legendary

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:48:10 PM

Another point to add to toknormal's about volume/price - which is why the current prices don't bother me (with just limited trading I'm scoring a ton of free BAY so I'm delighted actually - despite the 'loss' of my ICO coins in value).

In the early stages of a project, especially a software project, there are a ton of bumps in the road.  In crypto you couple this with a ton of manipulation and volatility and FUD and there is a ton of money to be gained/lost, all before anything really can be seen in a polished state.  These are all speculation bids for a future which may not be fully realized for years (even BTC is a baby in terms of real-world adoption).

On the other hand, since BAY has not been 'pumped' or artificially supported - as some have called for - we have a situation where all of the coins have a very small profit horizon.  By that I mean that if you believe this is more than a $1M project - ever - then it should be easy to see profits just from a price perspective.  Many people hold BTC they bought at over $800... so for it to best it's ATH price will be difficult and require a large infusion of new capital as selling pressure will be significant.  For BC it's even more the case - it would take close to a miracle for it to ever get over 50-60K sats again (although as most of those buyers have probably given up and sold at a loss the average price paid for the entire mintage is probably lower than this).

It's a weird trend in crypto that I've noticed over the past couple years trading it... people will often sell coins at a loss (when you should never sell) and will hold on to coins that have seen a parabolic rise in price (when you should always sell).  With BAY all the price has to do is crest ~295 sats (except for the few that bought during the tiny bump to ~310 after the markets opened)... and everyone holding it is in the profits.  Although it might take a little marketing to 'restore' the ICO hype at that point, it won't take very much at all considering the low volumes and sideways price action we've seen the past week.

To me I didn't buy into this coin because of the market price - I just trade everything, especially early on, because that's how I make more BTC to invest in these coins in the first place.  I invested in the concept with BAY, and to a lesser extent, in David as a developer - because I've seen promise in his work and work ethic.  He's hungry and an entrepreneur... and those are the only two qualities that really matter much in new business ventures.

Time will tell who is right and who is wrong - but you either take risks and participate, or you guarantee that you stay exactly the same as you were yesterday.  Wink

Exaaccccttllyy, thanks for writing all this so I wouldn't have to, LOL!

:thumbsup:

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Decentradical

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:48:19 PM

If anyone has every followed a software development project, be it a website, a game or an app you know that shit WILL happen. There's going to be bugs, there's going to be down-time and there's going to be all kinds of weird stuff going on.  At any of those moments there's a huge financial incentive for people to start screaming that the sky is falling. You can make a ton of money by shaking people up like that. We're not seeing this going on at Blackcoin even though they're both in the same boat. Both coins will benefit once Nighttrader takes off. It's all the other coins that will lose out on this new step being taken.  

Currently Bitbay is the perfect chewtoy. The trolls will come out of the woodwork at every tiny hiccup and see how far they can exacerbate it.

It won't stay like this for long though. As the whole thing takes root it will become stable and quick gains based on predictable yet jittery prices will be less common. The pump groups know that. They know that currently they're in their haydays so they're going full throttle on opportunities like this.

I'm not really angry at them trying to make a profit either this way either. What is a concern though is that it obstructs the discussion and testing feedback. That slows development down and that's unacceptable.
joffmac

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:48:40 PM

To me I didn't buy into this coin because of the market price - I just trade everything, especially early on, because that's how I make more BTC to invest in these coins in the first place.  I invested in the concept with BAY, and to a lesser extent, in David as a developer - because I've seen promise in his

work and work ethic.  He's hungry and an entrepreneur... and those are the only two qualities that really matter much in new business ventures.

i like that post well done for that positive post Grin
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:52:12 PM

As vivid as this BTC thread is, The IRC channel #bitbay is silent.
Why? I really don't know, maybe peeps are too lazy to change the given channels into #bitbay?
And what are those names for at the bottom of the chat?

Kevinrasf

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:58:22 PM

Why? I really don't know, maybe peeps are too lazy to change the given channels into #bitbay?

Those names on the bottom are some sort of webshops.

But I do not know if they are real of just test templates.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:07:48 PM

If anyone has every followed a software development project, be it a website, a game or an app you know that shit WILL happen. There's going to be bugs, there's going to be down-time and there's going to be all kinds of weird stuff going on.  At any of those moments there's a huge financial incentive for people to start screaming that the sky is falling. You can make a ton of money by shaking people up like that. We're not seeing this going on at Blackcoin even though they're both in the same boat. Both coins will benefit once Nighttrader takes off. It's all the other coins that will lose out on this new step being taken.  

Currently Bitbay is the perfect chewtoy. The trolls will come out of the woodwork at every tiny hiccup and see how far they can exacerbate it.

It won't stay like this for long though. As the whole thing takes root it will become stable and quick gains based on predictable yet jittery prices will be less common. The pump groups know that. They know that currently they're in their haydays so they're going full throttle on opportunities like this.

I'm not really angry at them trying to make a profit either this way either. What is a concern though is that it obstructs the discussion and testing feedback. That slows development down and that's unacceptable.

Pretty much.

Eih no worries here like i said, you can't control what others are going to do...it's their fault if they miss the boat (not so long as it's a sinking ship).  The boat will rock a bit in rocky waters in the beginning (like now), but once you hit open water it's smoooooth sailing.... Smiley Wink - we can say "I told you so" later.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:08:10 PM

Those are a test I believe from the earlier days @BC - I would not recommend going to any of them because I seem to remember some of the sites getting hacked during all the fallout from BC's price-plummet (if you think there's FUD and pain in this thread... go check out June or so in that one).  Shocked

Regardless, the chat function definitely needs to be re-done so that the proper channel is reflected and the links are gone (plus it would really be nice to see an integrated, encrypted chat client in the wallet.  Maybe a little side-project via bitmessage, David?

The wallet is definitely beta-esque, and there is obviously a great deal of work still to be done on it.  However, as was stated earlier by the team... you can either release something early with bugs and errors, or you can have everyone screaming about how there's no availability of the technologies proposed.  It's pretty much a lose-lose scenario, but I do expect to see a more polished wallet in a week or so hopefully.
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: