Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:43:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 [2177] 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376891 times)
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 04:52:44 PM

For me personally, the most interesting thing about the forthcoming trial will be the revealing of accomplices. Cryptsy? Lot of transactions ($>BTC during the initital Ponzi, and then later BTC to $ when cashing out of the Paycoin operation.)there- and Buttercoin as well. Also, one would think that the "Friends and Family" that gave Adam Matlack ~$1,000,000 to invest with his highschool chum and BBFL , Josh Garza, will be named if the scope of the trial reaches into the later part of the GAW scheme into  the Paycoin operation.   Either that or perhaps it will be confirmed once and for all that he was and most likely is still in collusion with Garza on the Paycoin fraud operation.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 05:30:02 PM

For me personally, the most interesting thing about the forthcoming trial will be the revealing of accomplices. Cryptsy? Lot of transactions ($>BTC during the initital Ponzi, and then later BTC to $ when cashing out of the Paycoin operation.)there- and Buttercoin as well. Also, one would think that the "Friends and Family" that gave Adam Matlack ~$1,000,000 to invest with his highschool chum and BBFL , Josh Garza, will be named if the scope of the trial reaches into the later part of the GAW scheme into  the Paycoin operation.   Either that or perhaps it will be confirmed once and for all that he was and most likely is still in collusion with Garza on the Paycoin fraud operation.

I have a feeling that million is sitting right next to the 8 million gaw used to "buy" zencloud in garza's imagination.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 06:40:52 PM

I imagine Cyrus really enjoyed writing this one!  Cheesy

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/12/feds-sue-yet-another-cryptocurrency-startup-alleging-19m-ponzi-scheme/

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Paul Revere

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 06:52:15 PM

Is he the same writer that made the thread here asking opinions about Paycoin ?

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 07:06:39 PM

Is he the same writer that made the thread here asking opinions about Paycoin ?

Yeah, although I'd be hard pressed to find the posts or his ID at this point, however I do recall the gaw tards trying their damndest to convince him it wasn't a scam, while we all tried knocking them down and shutting them up... Cheesy

Edit - I guess it wasn't that hard after all, thanks google! Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=923897.0

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Paul Revere

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:09:06 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2015, 08:36:04 PM by Paul Revere

Some comedy gold in that thread. Poor Tomcat.  Undecided "Duh!? Where am I" Dovaboy and the "Hillbilly" Sciborg make guest appearances on BCT even. And some class A BS from Buckrogers and Bitgeek.

Wow- Bretheren Seth (pd62512005) was even in his meth addled full Paycoiner glory:

I believe GAW was scammed by the Reddit and Bitcointalk community on launch. You should do a story on how Reddit and Bitcointalk came together to shut out a community that is constantly being scammed by the aforementioned obstructionists. And how they have profited by GAW's attempts to make the Crypto community become mainstream

LOL! GAW was scammed! Damn you Reddit/BCT!

Glad you have it all figgered out thar pardner! Now grab your bucket and get back to work mopping some shithole motel in BF Utah, Seth.

peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:16:49 PM

Are we 'always making money' yet? Cool
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:31:53 PM

best post on /r/bitcoin

@Coinfire More indictments coming. Stuart you have been a bad boy. The FBI doesn't like wire fraud.

I'm also wondering if you can file something with the SEC to recover any losses they are able to recover?

I believe in the past, from the public ponzi scams, they have been able to recoup some money for the victims, but I think i've also seen it that they go and get the money back from those that made money, so divide it equally..(i could be wrong though)
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:35:42 PM

I'm also wondering if you can file something with the SEC to recover any losses they are able to recover?

I believe in the past, from the public ponzi scams, they have been able to recoup some money for the victims, but I think i've also seen it that they go and get the money back from those that made money, so divide it equally..(i could be wrong though)

Yes, clawbacks are real indeed.  https://bernsteinlaw.com/publications-list/investor-beware-what-everyone-should-know-about-clawback-litigation/

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:38:13 PM

Some comedy gold in that thread. Poor Tomcat.  Undecided "Duh!? Where am I" Dovaboy and the "Hillbilly" Sciborg make guest appearances on BCT even. And some class A BS from Buckrogers and Bitgeek.

Wow- Bretheren Seth (pd62512005) was even in his meth addled full Paycoiner glory:

I believe GAW was scammed by the Reddit and Bitcointalk community on launch. You should do a story on how Reddit and Bitcointalk came together to shut out a community that is constantly being scammed by the aforementioned obstructionists. And how they have profited by GAW's attempts to make the Crypto community become mainstream

LOL! GAW was scammed! Damn you Reddit/BCT!

Glad you have it all figgered out thar pardner! Now grab your bucket and get back to work mopping some shithole motel in BF Utah, Seth.

Oh, wow, that's fantastic. I remember dropping all his social media links and he started crying and ran away... Poor Seth & his spiderman underoos! Cheesy

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:50:58 PM

Some people will remain gawtarded for life. Wink
ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:11:25 PM

Agreed. That thread is comedy fucking gold.

Welp, it has been a long time coming but the process is finally underway and while this may well be a civil action, the collected evidence they possess will no doubt have been passed to other three-letter agencies.

Of particular interest to them will be the involvement of wealthy-investor-with-banking-difficulties-Rishabh-Jain. After all, Cantor Fitzgerald is a company in the business of providing investment services and advice to high-net-worth individuals and one would have to wonder how he ended up being introduced to the Garzas.

Turns out a bowtie, a rented Diablo, and an entourage of schills can't save you from the SEC. I think this will set the stage for many more SEC actions against the "cloud mining" scammers, at least those with ties to the US:

"Hashlets constitute investment contracts, and thus “securities” under Section 2(a)(1) [15 U.S.C. §77b(1)] of the Securities Act."

Anyone who was wondering if cloud mining contracts would be considered securities? The US definitively says yes.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:19:18 PM

Agreed. That thread is comedy fucking gold.

Welp, it has been a long time coming but the process is finally underway and while this may well be a civil action, the collected evidence they possess will no doubt have been passed to other three-letter agencies.

Of particular interest to them will be the involvement of wealthy-investor-with-banking-difficulties-Rishabh-Jain. After all, Cantor Fitzgerald is a company in the business of providing investment services and advice to high-net-worth individuals and one would have to wonder how he ended up being introduced to the Garzas.

Turns out a bowtie, a rented Diablo, and an entourage of schills can't save you from the SEC. I think this will set the stage for many more SEC actions against the "cloud mining" scammers, at least those with ties to the US:

"Hashlets constitute investment contracts, and thus “securities” under Section 2(a)(1) [15 U.S.C. §77b(1)] of the Securities Act."

Anyone who was wondering if cloud mining contracts would be considered securities? The US definitively says yes.

I think you are mistaken. SEC didn't say cloud mining contracts are considered securities. If you read the other paragraphs, they state that they only had a fraction of mining with respect to what they sold. They also talk about paying with other funds, that's what makes it a security. Cloud mining itself isn't really described in there (unless I missed it)
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:23:16 PM

The reason it was a security was due to the cloud mining shares representing a "share" of the "profit" from the "mining".

I read the entire document. Cloud mining is mentioned numerous times, albeit mentioned in such a way to accuse Garza of fraudulent representation. Which he did, and it was.
Proof read. Wink
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:41:16 PM

I'm glad they got that mention of Stu and Cantor in there at the end.  That should piss off some important people (and by important I just mean rich, not necessarily important in any meaningful way).
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 09:57:48 PM

I'm glad they got that mention of Stu and Cantor in there at the end.  That should piss off some important people (and by important I just mean rich, not necessarily important in any meaningful way).

oh, uncle Stu owns 41% of a ponzi/scam. would explain why they wiped him from the cantor website to prevent this bad press. well... too late Smiley

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:03:31 PM

oh, uncle Stu owns 41% of a ponzi/scam. would explain why they wiped him from the cantor website to prevent this bad press. well... too late Smiley

More money than brains... Good Lord...
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:49:35 PM

For me personally, the most interesting thing about the forthcoming trial will be the revealing of accomplices.

Yep!

Disgraced @Miaviator, (GAW General Manager Jonah Dorman) is back to posting his obnoxious wall-o-text in the comments section of these articles about the SEC charges

--  AS IF he had NOTHING to do with any of it.....

....Notice how Dorman/ miaviator got REALLY QUIET HERE on BCT after ranting for months???

Right around the time the SEC got busy...

o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:17:12 AM

Ok well josh is now coming truthful on some statements. Paycoin article on forbes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jordanmaglich/2015/12/01/sec-alleges-bitcoin-mining-companies-operated-20-million-ponzi-scheme/

that makes wsj, forbes just cnn to go right? took jos 12 months for those articles to get published
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 12:51:05 AM

If Cyrus could stop reporting opinion as fact, that would be great.

Cyrus is vastly overrated as a Bitcoin journalist, to put it mildly.  How nice that he gets paid to defame peoples' demonstrated best efforts as "incompetent" and "criminal."

The implosion of GAW Miners marks yet another example of incompetence and possible criminal behavior associated with companies selling Bitcoin mining hardware. Previously, CoinTerra, Butterfly Labs, and HashFast also faced similar legal battles.

This lazy comparison of GAW to Cointerra and Hashfast is factually flawed and a violation of journalistic ethics.

In the case of Hashfast, the bankruptcy court make no finding of "incompetence" and indeed endorsed the opposite conclusion by allowing the company to continue operating under Chapter 11 rehabilitation, rather than be placed immediately into Chapter 7 liquidation.

Cyrus needs to get his head out of his smug, posturing ass and learn the basics of the topic before drawing and publicizing flawed, libelous conclusions.

It's not that hard, and Ars Technica's fact checkers should have caught his amateur errors.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 [2177] 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: