Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:43:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 [2178] 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376888 times)
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:54:03 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2015, 01:09:42 AM by peonminer

Those articles are based off of the SEC's investigation. Garza won't say a word because he knows he's royally f##ked, and about to be royally ass-f##ked in prison. Wink
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 01:04:43 AM

Those articles are based off of the SEC'a investigation. Garza won't say a word because he knows he's royally f##ked, and about to be royally ass-f##ked in prison. Wink

Not to burst your ass-whatevery fantasy, but most financial criminals (read bernie madoff) end up in low-security places like this, so I don't think that's really going to happen. He didn't murder anyone, so he's not going to be going to the supermax in CO... LOL...  Cheesy

https://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/buf/

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 01:12:38 AM

Can we at least get some live coverage of trial, some forum posters in the crowd at the hearing, something??  Cheesy
ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 01:40:11 AM

Agreed. That thread is comedy fucking gold.

Welp, it has been a long time coming but the process is finally underway and while this may well be a civil action, the collected evidence they possess will no doubt have been passed to other three-letter agencies.

Of particular interest to them will be the involvement of wealthy-investor-with-banking-difficulties-Rishabh-Jain. After all, Cantor Fitzgerald is a company in the business of providing investment services and advice to high-net-worth individuals and one would have to wonder how he ended up being introduced to the Garzas.

Turns out a bowtie, a rented Diablo, and an entourage of schills can't save you from the SEC. I think this will set the stage for many more SEC actions against the "cloud mining" scammers, at least those with ties to the US:

"Hashlets constitute investment contracts, and thus “securities” under Section 2(a)(1) [15 U.S.C. §77b(1)] of the Securities Act."

Anyone who was wondering if cloud mining contracts would be considered securities? The US definitively says yes.

I think you are mistaken. SEC didn't say cloud mining contracts are considered securities. If you read the other paragraphs, they state that they only had a fraction of mining with respect to what they sold. They also talk about paying with other funds, that's what makes it a security. Cloud mining itself isn't really described in there (unless I missed it)

Oh shut up. We all read the same document and the point is there's some actual precedent for the SEC to go after scammers in crypto. The above is a direct quote from the indictment. Whether you call it cloud mining or anything else, they are saying this shit isn't OK and it's not a leap to say that cloud mining shares constitute an investment contract when many of the cloud mining scams promise specific ROI terms and even use the word "contract." It's a legal milestone, like the IRS declaration of crypto as property, and the Breathitt Co., KY ruling against the borrower who defaulted on a BTCJam loan. That's the point.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
MOB

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 02:08:03 AM

Some interesting tidbits:

91. Hashlets constitute investment contracts, and thus “securities” under Section 2(a)(1) [15 U.S.C. §77b(1)] of the Securities Act.

92. No registration statement was filed with respect to the Hashlets sold by defendants, and no exemption from registration was available for these securities.

I wish I could remember who was the first person to bring the hashlets == unregistered securities allegation up in this thread. It only took a year but the US Gov finally agrees Smiley

Ahem.

Activity: 37
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 02:34:17 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptocurrency#Fraud

I am sure someone should be able to massage the entry about Garbonzo to include Uncle Stu's fame  into the mix with some citations and sources.
MOB

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 02:41:31 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2015, 03:01:07 AM by MOB

Agreed. That thread is comedy fucking gold.

Welp, it has been a long time coming but the process is finally underway and while this may well be a civil action, the collected evidence they possess will no doubt have been passed to other three-letter agencies.

Of particular interest to them will be the involvement of wealthy-investor-with-banking-difficulties-Rishabh-Jain. After all, Cantor Fitzgerald is a company in the business of providing investment services and advice to high-net-worth individuals and one would have to wonder how he ended up being introduced to the Garzas.

Turns out a bowtie, a rented Diablo, and an entourage of schills can't save you from the SEC. I think this will set the stage for many more SEC actions against the "cloud mining" scammers, at least those with ties to the US:

"Hashlets constitute investment contracts, and thus “securities” under Section 2(a)(1) [15 U.S.C. §77b(1)] of the Securities Act."

Anyone who was wondering if cloud mining contracts would be considered securities? The US definitively says yes.

I think you are mistaken. SEC didn't say cloud mining contracts are considered securities. If you read the other paragraphs, they state that they only had a fraction of mining with respect to what they sold. They also talk about paying with other funds, that's what makes it a security. Cloud mining itself isn't really described in there (unless I missed it)

Oh shut up. We all read the same document and the point is there's some actual precedent for the SEC to go after scammers in crypto. The above is a direct quote from the indictment. Whether you call it cloud mining or anything else, they are saying this shit isn't OK and it's not a leap to say that cloud mining shares constitute an investment contract when many of the cloud mining scams promise specific ROI terms and even use the word "contract." It's a legal milestone, like the IRS declaration of crypto as property, and the Breathitt Co., KY ruling against the borrower who defaulted on a BTCJam loan. That's the point.

Not sure why you are being so hostile Phwner, but the SEC finding does not indicate that cloud mining as a whole is an unregistered security. If you think otherwise, perhaps you could post the exact paragraph?

I agree that many cloud mining companies are likely also operating as illegal securities, but that does not mean all. It depends on how they are actually structured and sold.

Back on topic, I posted this long ago, but here are the sentencing guidelines for cases like this:

FIGURE 1: EXAMPLE RECOMMENDED SENTENCING PERTHE GUIDELINES (FOR THE DESCRIBED OFFENSE)
Section Level:
Base Offense Level (Fraud / Non-Fraud White Collar)18 §2B1.1(a) 7
» Loss (between $20 and $50 million) §2B1.1(b)(1) +22
» 250 or more victims §2B1.1(b)(2) +6
» Sophisticated means §2B1.1(b)(10)(C) +2
» Role in the offense §3B1.1 +2

Those are for levels, not months or years. The levels then correspond to a time in jail (this is like D&D hit-charts?), so for level 39 you have: 262 – 327 months (~21.8 – 27.25 years)

Josh is clearly at least level 39, between +7 levels for fraud & +22 for 20 million in loss. Even if that loss proves less, there were more than 250 victims, this is "sophisticated" (even if Josh is not), and he had a clearly prominent role.

Josh is at least level 39-49. That's a lot of time, before good behavior anyway. It is possible to get a life sentence for fraud, even with no past criminal convictions, not that I think Josh deserves to be in prison for life.

truckinusa

Activity: 534

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 03:38:15 AM

Can we at least get some live coverage of trial, some forum posters in the crowd at the hearing, something??  Cheesy

I would love to show up, but I bet there will be tons of court dates where nothing happens.  Wish I lived closer.  I'm sure we can fund some gas money for live/recorded streams.  Does it say anywhere which federal court this will be done in?

bitJob                       ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
                ▄▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████
         ████████████████████████████████████████  ██
         ▀██████████████████████████████████████▀  ██
          ▀▀██████████████████████████████████▀▀  ████
                                                 ▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 05:19:06 AM

Can we at least get some live coverage of trial, some forum posters in the crowd at the hearing, something??  Cheesy

I would love to show up, but I bet there will be tons of court dates where nothing happens.  Wish I lived closer.  I'm sure we can fund some gas money for live/recorded streams.  Does it say anywhere which federal court this will be done in?

Careful with "streams". You can take notes or whatever but video/audio recording is a big no no. AFAIK, IANAL, etc etc.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 05:23:18 AM

Some interesting tidbits:

91. Hashlets constitute investment contracts, and thus “securities” under Section 2(a)(1) [15 U.S.C. §77b(1)] of the Securities Act.

92. No registration statement was filed with respect to the Hashlets sold by defendants, and no exemption from registration was available for these securities.

I wish I could remember who was the first person to bring the hashlets == unregistered securities allegation up in this thread. It only took a year but the US Gov finally agrees Smiley

Ahem.

Welcome back! I'll take your word for it Grin
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 06:17:23 AM

Can we at least get some live coverage of trial, some forum posters in the crowd at the hearing, something??  Cheesy

I'd even send some money to fund this... would be super entertaining. a live tweet or something (do you allow periscope?)

KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:36:21 AM

Justice is a sweet thing. Wink

Scott-
HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 08:33:00 AM

Scott-

took a while, but yeah .... sweet sweet justice!

doesn't really help the paycon/xpee bag holders, but that ... that's a story for another day

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 08:40:20 AM

Scott-

took a while, but yeah .... sweet sweet justice!

doesn't really help the paycon/xpee bag holders, but that ... that's a story for another day

yeah, currently they're taking care of 2014 and the ponzi stuff. don't forget the 2015 $20 Floor promise, 9/11 scam and so on. that's the next problem for Mr. Garza

o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 09:03:56 AM

Judge: Mr Garza can you kindly show us proof of your mining equipment and bitcoin mining profits.

Garza: You're a fudder judge we have plenty of happy customers. I don't have to prove anything to fudders, my clients know I'm legit

Judge: Carlos do you have anything further to add

Carlos: Your question merits no response... o and I'm scared.
ladrx

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 02:13:40 PM

Judge: Mr Garza can you kindly show us proof of your mining equipment and bitcoin mining profits.

Garza: You're a fudder judge we have plenty of happy customers. I don't have to prove anything to fudders, my clients know I'm legit

Judge: The penalty for your crimes carries a sentence of 30 years to life. Is there anything you would like to say, Homero?

Homero: What about the 20-year floor?

Adam Matlack 1/5/2014: "Not but 30 seconds later, the Holy Spirit slapped me upside the head and said "what are you thinkin'? What are you doin'?" It was an emphatic "NO". And I got - just guilt started to cover me"
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 03:08:23 PM

Judge: The penalty for your crimes carries a sentence of 30 years to life. Is there anything you would like to say, Homero?

Homero: What about the 20-year floor?
The ownage is strong in this one.
bitcoinnoisseur

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 04:03:35 PM

Josh's TOP 10 responses when taking his oath in court:

Do you Homero Joshua Garza swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you Gawd?

1 - About everything?

2 - I only respond to Hash King now.

3 - Wasn't there supposed to be a pre-announcement about this?

4 - But i don't know how to tell the truth.

5 - I have a learning disability you know.

6 - You're a troll.

7 - Can my lawyer answer that? He is from one of the most prestigious firms in the country.

8 - Where's that damn ban button?

9 - Can I respond by email?

10 - Can Bitjane edit my answer?

Thought I'd post this again for fun. PLEASE ADD MORE.
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 04:16:10 PM

Do you Homero Joshua Garza swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you Gawd?

1 - About everything?

6 - You're a troll.

7 - Can my lawyer answer that? He is from one of the most prestigious firms in the country.

11 - Do you cup balls?

LOL

peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 04:20:29 PM

1 - About everything?

6 - You're a troll.

11 - Do you cup balls?

LOL

12. Yes, and I promise to give you all $20 per under oath question asked! Ask away!
Pages: « 1 ... 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 [2178] 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: