Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:35:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3377059 times)
Wings1987

Activity: 418
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 01:45:40 AM

Sorry about that, couldn´t resist.

I hope most people realize that the general public rarely reads the comments at the bottom of a story.

True but the general public won't be reading it.

My point was that posting comments for your own enjoyment is fine but doing so hoping it will hurt GAW is a waste of time.

The same can be said about comments hoping to help GAW so I still don't see your point.

I agree with you it doesn't help also. My point was that wasting time posting comments on either side of the argument is to entertain the same people who are in this thread.

My initial comment was not intended to start an argument. Just a general point that blog/news story/you tube comments are read by a very small percentage of viewers/readers. That's all.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 8995

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 01:47:32 AM

clanbake, bitcoinnoisseur, could you please lay off personal shit and fucking swearwords (see what you did Smiley ) towards Stargazer and kingcolex, these guys are at least contributing to the discussion. Ignore them if you must. Let's not turn this into WSJ  Grin

15 minutes to the big thing, get ready for that instead Smiley

galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 01:51:19 AM

What I´d love to do is get some money later and make
a documentary about this opera.  Grin

I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 01:55:55 AM

Lmao I was thinking earlier this should be a book or a movie.

Honeycutt22

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 01:56:17 AM

Hashbase.com will open tonight.. That's the annoucement
clanbake

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 01:56:21 AM

clanbake, bitcoinnoisseur, could you please lay off personal shit and fucking swearwords (see what you did Smiley ) towards Stargazer and kingcolex, these guys are at least contributing to the discussion. Ignore them if you must. Let's not turn this into WSJ  Grin

15 minutes to the big thing, get ready for that instead Smiley

Sure, I'll stop. The comment kingcolex made about knowing that GAW has always payed out, kind of pissed me off because, well, like others, GAW took my money and closed my tickets Smiley
clanbake

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 01:57:26 AM

This should be a miniseries Smiley
numanoid
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1148

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 01:59:39 AM

BB is not happy:

https://hashtalk.org/topic/19378

(edit: I have no clue what the "hotel on Mars" is referring to or what facts coinfire were caught making up months ago)

I have no idea where that is coming from either. Perhaps he can produce some messages showing where the hotel on mars story is, or what we were making up. I'm fairly certain both statements are made up from him Wink

We are dropping a bombshell soon that shows more lies from Shopify and he claimed we didn't reach out to him but have proof of that otherwise we will see what he has to say.

I haven't decided who is right or wrong in the coinfire debate right now, but in order to avoid "his word" vs "our word" debates, I'd recommend you recording the messages you leave for GAW with regards to comment.  Disclose the recording if it is a 2 party consent state if needed, but it would lend credence to your claims that you received no response.

If anyone from GAW is reading this, I also urge you to record similar messages when returning calls for comment.  Leave names, dates, times and what you are calling in regards to and this will be cleared up quite quickly.
clanbake

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:01:14 AM

BTW about the whole server farm thing...

This is what a real mining farm looks like http://vimeo.com/104009961 and you can read about it here http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2014/08/01/bitfury-asic-maker-builds-20mw-bitcoin-mining-data-center/  This here is a company that is clearly proud of their 20 megawatt server farm, the largest in the world.

Now, GAW has their "mining farm" in Mississippi where power is a bit pricey. Why of all places would GAW pick Mississippi? So They can charge your customers more maintenance fees? http://www.mississippipower.com/my-business/our-pricing/rate-and-rider-details

Anyway GAW's mining farm appears to be a joke compared to the one mentioned above.

http://gawminers.eu/news/gaw-miners-building-new-data-center/ --- 10 megawatt?
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/josh-garza-to-launch-paycoin-media-tour/ -- How did that CNN interview go?
and you guys have seen the other pictures.

As you can see, the mining farms are like day and night. BTW, I thought the mining farm was somewhere other than Mississippi, did they move it?

Question of the day. Why would GAW not be proud of their mining farm?
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 02:02:38 AM

–UPDATE: An earlier version of this blog post incorrectly stated that Paycoin’s software would function as a separate layer on top of the existing bitcoin blockchain. Paycoin will be comprised of its own, separate blockchain.
http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/11/25/bitbeat-gaw-miners-to-launch-bitcoin-challenger-paycoin/

Ok, makes more sense now. Thanks for pointing this out.
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:02:58 AM

So I've found GAW's actual hardware delivery times and speeds to always be 100% accurate. I found that their cloud services were initially paying out very well and fees were reasonable. Now that the fees = payouts which leaves almost nothing for actual BTC returns I'm worried. The fact that they have not yet restructured their fees worries me more. The fact that they just pushed back their whole hashcoin ICO for another "2 weeks" (I shit you not, 14 days), sounds wayyyy to familiar to another BS mining company (ehem BFL).

It is coming to the point that I may stop promoting them as a legit company. At bare minimum the fees need to be changed. I already ROI'd a long time ago, but now my hashlets are nearly useless.

Do you consider Vaulbreaker delivery also 100% accurate? They are delivering "something" around now, which is way late and probably has worse specs. Haven't seen any happy buyers bragging about those deliveries yet.

I've bought the black widows, scrypt blades, and those singles (forgot what they were called). All were delivered on time and had higher speeds than I paid for (10->13 and 1->1.3 etc)

I don't know what a vaultbreaker is and I never bought one.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1350

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:04:13 AM

BB is not happy:

(edit: I have no clue what the "hotel on Mars" is referring to or what facts coinfire were caught making up months ago)

I have no idea where that is coming from either. Perhaps he can produce some messages showing where the hotel on mars story is, or what we were making up. I'm fairly certain both statements are made up from him Wink

We are dropping a bombshell soon that shows more lies from Shopify and he claimed we didn't reach out to him but have proof of that otherwise we will see what he has to say.

I haven't decided who is right or wrong in the coinfire debate right now, but in order to avoid "his word" vs "our word" debates, I'd recommend you recording the messages you leave for GAW with regards to comment.  Disclose the recording if it is a 2 party consent state if needed, but it would lend credence to your claims that you received no response.

If anyone from GAW is reading this, I also urge you to record similar messages when returning calls for comment.  Leave names, dates, times and what you are calling in regards to and this will be cleared up quite quickly.

Good idea. This is the internet, world of the written word and and we're still stuck with he said she said.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Jacques de Molay

Activity: 339

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:06:27 AM

In case no one saw it cos now the servers crashed lol

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone,

You've heard of PayPal and probably use a credit card from Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover. But what do these global technology companies have in common?

Banks. These global payment companies were created by banks to process transactions between the banks and customers that use their cards and services.

As a global medium of exchange, credit cards as a digital payment process have provided huge benefits to customers and financial institutions. But there are increasing challenges and serious issues today.

Retailers and customers have grown accustomed to high transaction costs, customer service issues and disputes. Everyone is worried about identity theft and other more serious business and transaction issues.

Banks are the foundation of every existing mainstream payment "solution". Everyone has experienced, at one time or another, frozen funds and poor security practices and we now live in a world where our money and identity is at risk with every transaction.

But there is good news. We all know the promise that cryptocurrency has as a powerful new global medium of exchange. We can use new technology to address these challenges. Bitcoin proved the concept of digital scarcity with inexpensive, peer-to-peer transfer of value. Paycoin is perfecting the technology for mass adoption by the general public. Our vision and plan is to take cryptocurrency mainstream for the first time.

Today we are announcing a new digital payment platform. We have been building and acquiring some of the best technologies available since the earliest days of Project Prime. . It’s the cryptocurrency infrastructure behind the digital transfer that enables us to provide value for our customers. We envision a future with a convenient, lower cost option besides Paypal, credit cards or traditional banks.

This new service is Paybase, a worldwide payment platform for Paycoin. You all are the first in the world to hear about Paybase, outside our company, and we will share more details of our bold new strategy and plan as they develop in the future.

When our team started building Paybase alongside Paycoin, we set the goal of providing our customers with a superior online payment platform. We have been buying companies over the past few month combine all the best features of a payment technology and allow us tobuild best digital payment platform possible -- one that could only be built alongside the best coin on the planet with features you could only dream of having with a payment solution.

Paybase customer features and benefits include:

Auto convert to BTC- any merchant that presently takes BTC will already be compatible with Paycoin. Paybase will auto convert to BTC when a bitcoin address is used
    Debit card access- purchase anywhere a debit card is accepted
    ATM partnership- exchange paycoins for other currencies all over the world
    Switch back and forth between Paycoin, BTC and FIAT in real time
    Send money to anyone in the world. If they don’t use Paycoin, they can even convert it to their local currency.

Through a recently formed partnership, when Paybase launches, it will also be merchant compatible - with any merchant that uses Shopify or PayPal. We will be making an official press release on this soon.

Our recent aquisaitions will allow for features like:

Bill Pay- Paybase will auto detect the company you are paying. If they don't use Paycoin yet, it will convert your paycoins into a check and automatically mail it to them
    Browser plug in to allow you to shop at major retailers and check out with Paycoin.
    Total security and insurance for your entire balance.
    Total integration into social media sites like Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter so you can tip your friends and favorite bloggers.
    Historical-tracking that records everything... in a way that you can actually understand and use. You'll even be able to integrate to accounting software.

As if that wasn’t enough to make Paybase the most advanced transaction processing platform yet conceived, we are creating an investment fund to finance companies building Bitcoin 2.0 applications to integrate into Paybase - encouraging the community to build its’ own solutions into our open platform!

Our team will release more details through our website and show the world what a fully-featured blockchain can do.

My main message today is that if you were designing an online global payment system today, you would focus on the customer, not banks, and build a solution to address their needs. Paybase will change online payments, forever.

Paybase will launch around December 15th 2014. Check out the timeline here

-Josh/CEO

PS. I have attached some screen shots of Paybase below. I hope you enjoy them Smiley

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did however chuckle at this line "Banks are the foundation of every existing mainstream payment "solution". Everyone has experienced, at one time or another, frozen funds.... "

No Josh, I cant say I have had my funds frozen, ever, or even threatened too. Have you ?

NP darkangel11
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 02:07:45 AM

HT is 504.

I know I'm awfully biased here but doesn't a statement like this sound disturbing for a company that's supposed to bring us "the next big thing". Bragging that your own forum software/servers are inadequate?

https://twitter.com/gawceo/status/537425995381604352

crash HT, check Smiley

Edit: thanks JdM
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:11:55 AM

BB is not happy:

Can you please provide proof for your previous statements as well?

Even though I hate to agree with the hashtalkers, they are right that you could have fabricated the whole thing.

Which previous statements? We published the names. Do people really want to see the actual emails and phone records? Do you demand that of every other journalist?

Look at our track record, we have brought valid, honest reporting to every other topic. We have countless times over delivered news that has turned out to be true repeatedly before anyone else.

BFL, I personally tweeted pictures of the orders the weekend before they were public in my very hands. We posted the SEC letters everyone said was FUD (and now a few startups have confirmed they received them), we brought USMS auction news and quotes. I think our track record really speaks for itself regarding this.

For those demanding "proof of statements" we will be posting the emails and what not soon but I am sure people will say we photo shopped those as well. Believe what you want but we stand by the reporting we do.

1-800-Flowers weeks before the announcement, USMS auction details before public, SEC letters, BFL court orders before public, our track record again, really speaks for itself. Repeatedly we have been told BULLSHIT only to come out a few weeks later that what we said was accurate.

I am going to be personally sharing how we write news, what we do to get leads, who goes and talks to people and what not in the near future. Even sharing our internal Contributor's Bible (minus a few redacted parts of secret sauce and competitive info) on our site. These things don't just happen overnight though.

I think providing the proof just makes you guys that much more of a legit source. There are plenty of computer wiz's around the forums that can verify if the images are real or not. If I were you I'd take it on a more positive note, not that we are doubting you, but if you can provide proof to your statements you're credibility goes through the roof and it provides the community with evidence that we can shove in people's faces.

Also can you share how they edited/hacked your homepage?

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:16:37 AM

Hashbase.com will open tonight.. That's the annoucement

By reading the WSJ Blog comments by the shills I would of thought freebase.com

This should be a miniseries Smiley

Start a Crowdfunding page :p

CoinFire

Activity: 322

Online at CoinFire.io

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 02:18:19 AM

BB is not happy:

Can you please provide proof for your previous statements as well?

Even though I hate to agree with the hashtalkers, they are right that you could have fabricated the whole thing.

Which previous statements? We published the names. Do people really want to see the actual emails and phone records? Do you demand that of every other journalist?

Look at our track record, we have brought valid, honest reporting to every other topic. We have countless times over delivered news that has turned out to be true repeatedly before anyone else.

BFL, I personally tweeted pictures of the orders the weekend before they were public in my very hands. We posted the SEC letters everyone said was FUD (and now a few startups have confirmed they received them), we brought USMS auction news and quotes. I think our track record really speaks for itself regarding this.

For those demanding "proof of statements" we will be posting the emails and what not soon but I am sure people will say we photo shopped those as well. Believe what you want but we stand by the reporting we do.

1-800-Flowers weeks before the announcement, USMS auction details before public, SEC letters, BFL court orders before public, our track record again, really speaks for itself. Repeatedly we have been told BULLSHIT only to come out a few weeks later that what we said was accurate.

I am going to be personally sharing how we write news, what we do to get leads, who goes and talks to people and what not in the near future. Even sharing our internal Contributor's Bible (minus a few redacted parts of secret sauce and competitive info) on our site. These things don't just happen overnight though.

I think providing the proof just makes you guys that much more of a legit source. There are plenty of computer wiz's around the forums that can verify if the images are real or not. If I were you I'd take it on a more positive note, not that we are doubting you, but if you can provide proof to your statements you're credibility goes through the roof and it provides the community with evidence that we can shove in people's faces.

Also can you share how they edited/hacked your homepage?

Yeah, we intend on sharing way more but we've lawyered up as Josh making those sort of threats means we need to be prepared.

That said, we will release stuff as our attorney says it is okay to do so.

We have turned over all of the relevant information to law enforcement. We know EXACTLY how our site was changed and it shouldn't happen again.

As things cool down a bit we can release more details on what exactly happened.

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 02:22:59 AM

Well, aside from some ill-conceived rthetoric - PayPal wasn't created by a bank and there is really no need to project someone's personal dislike of banks onto EVERYONE - this is an interesting announcement.

December 15 is way ahead of January 2, so presumably Paybase will launch without the Paycoin option.

Someone in our old thread predicted a browser plug-in - there you have it.

Debit card is probably the most interesting part of it. Worldwide acceptance is understandable, I wonder if it will be issued worldwide too. That's a question many HT posters have been asking and it's been ignored so far.

The rest of it looks like a solution looking for a problem, but it's only a couple of weeks, I can wait before passing judgement. And yes, I'll be very vocal if it's even one day late. Absolutely no need to pre-announce a date if you can't keep it.

Here's the timeline link: http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/376190/GAW-Timeline/
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:29:17 AM

To be fair-  If they can pull off the debit card aspect, it really would be an interesting change, and bypass the need for btc/atm's for those of us in area's without them.
numanoid
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1148

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:31:34 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 03:01:21 AM by numanoid

So as someone "invested" in mining at GAW (and other places) and also a fairly hardcore skeptic on this new coin, I have to say this thread has devolved into absurdity.  I come here looking for solid, reasonable risks (quantifiable) with regards to Pay Coin.  Lord knows I don't get to see much of that at Hash Talk.  So with a few good comments on the technical limitations of the coin, and the vast abyss of the unknowns of the coin, we're surrounded with personal attacks on GAW and Josh, and a significant amount of untrue statements.

Is the Cantor guy the father in law of Garza?  I've seen it posted here no less than 3 times.
The Garza vs youtube vid posted?  Not OUR Josh Garza?

These things absolutely destroy the credibility of the detractors of GAW.  Even those that have legitimate  issues with the company.  If this is a moderated thread, I ask the moderator to start removing the proven wrong accusations to allow a real picture for those looking.  Otherwise what's the point?  A circle jerk hatred thread to GAW?  That serves no one.  

I have a serious problem with ALL so called crypto news outlets.  The CCN articles are shit from start to finish.  They are glorified press releases with a question at the beginning.  That said, the coinfire article also was far too anonymous.  LEO, if you stand behind your research, which may or may not have been performed by you, then you should post your full name and stand behind the article.  The fact that you named a Walmart source (Tara) was great, but you should have done for all of the contacts you spoke with and you should have put your name out there.

Anything less, and I hold CCN (and the like) to the same standard, is a fucking blog.  Blogs are not news, they are, at best, an opinion piece.

EDIT: Removed the tail end of my rant as the coinfire person/people were the initial reddit source and did not convey that information from a third party.

Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: