Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:07:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376915 times)
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:35:40 AM

I could not fathom having something called GAW having access to my online billing and payments be it electrical cable internet or whatever. Why on earth would one introduce a third party security risk into your personal affairs and more so into your intimate private data. No chance in hell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maildir
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:39:56 AM

Now for some criticism.  One of my biggest concerns on this whole thing, and GAW in general, is that Josh is making this up as he goes.

I tend to agree since all the ideas now collected in their current announcement have been proposed here and elsewhere by various critical thinkers. It does appear they throw out nebulous ideas, let the masses mull it all over, then cull the clever ideas that some come up with, repackage them as their own and run with it.
numanoid
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1148

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:42:04 AM

I could not fathom having something called GAW having access to my online billing and payments be it electrical cable internet or whatever. Why on earth would one introduce a third party security risk into your personal affairs and more so into your intimate private data. No chance in hell.

OK, so good point on the 3rd party, but who here doesn't do that with a bank right now?

I "bill pay" the following:

My cable
My Electric
My Gas
Credit Card payments (autopay)
My mortgage

Basically anything I can "autopay" via a transfer from my BANK to the party in question.

Now my "bank" works like clockwork....GAW?  Not so much.  So there is that.
numanoid
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:43:24 AM

Now for some criticism.  One of my biggest concerns on this whole thing, and GAW in general, is that Josh is making this up as he goes.

I tend to agree since all the ideas now collected in their current announcement have been proposed here and elsewhere by various critical thinkers. It does appear they throw out nebulous ideas, let the masses mull it all over, then cull the clever ideas that some come up with, repackage them as their own and run with it.

Totally agree.  It even seems like Josh solicits this information and makes decisions based on it.  I hope this isn't the case, and I'm NOT saying this is the case, but it sometimes seems this way.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 03:44:17 AM

Worse is the issue of privacy -- the big picture of all of this is a throwback to '90's with AOL and their GUI for noobs. Everything you touch will be recorded and logged by GAW and for what exactly?

Yeah, that's a bit crazy. It's probably part of the revenue stream too - selling data to merchants/advertisers, getting kickbacks for referrals etc. PayBase TOS should be interesting to read.

Historical-tracking that records everything...

The debit card thing is two-faced as well. It can't exist in its own payment network, so it will have to be affiliated with Visa/Mastercard, issued by a proper bank, and will carry the same fees (for the merchant) as any other debit or credit card. All the evils that PayCoin is supposed to solve. A good option perhaps, but presented in the wrong context with this whole anti-bank rant.
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:50:51 AM

Is this twitter confirmed as official "Stuart Fraser" or just another GAW shill?

https://twitter.com/GTAUKSTER

maildir
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:54:01 AM

Well this has gone from major vendors like Target and Walmart and Amazon directly accepting their coin, to nothing more than a proxy user interface client side that no vendor will even be aware of. Now since will mention this: it will evolve into a client side software application again like  AOL of the 90's, which you download and install and browse the internet and effect purchases with this coin and whatever else they may program it to do, to make it appear that it is doing something. Incredible pointless and all a gimmick but it may appear interesting to Granny and Grandpa if indeed they want to pretend to be hip and young using crypto currencies. Which could be a good thing and unite them with their wayward grand children. Heck, how about coming out with a Granny and Grandpa version of Call of Duty? Old soldiers in wheelchairs chasing each other and camping around the flags.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 03:55:21 AM

OK, so good point on the 3rd party, but who here doesn't do that with a bank right now?

My cable
My Electric
My Gas
My mortgage

Basically anything I can "autopay" via a transfer from my BANK to the party in question.

Well you answered your own question Smiley

My bank with all its shortcomings has had my account for the last 15 years or whatever and hasn't missed a single payment so far. Actually for bill pay I can trust it more than I trust myself as I tend to forget and otherwise mess things up. That's one of those solutions looking for a problem. It might become a viable service if we "cut the cord" completely and stop using fiat and conventional banks. Not likely in my lifetime at least (yes, please embarrass me with that statement 20 years from now).
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:59:38 AM

Is this twitter confirmed as official "Stuart Fraser" or just another GAW shill?

The text and terminology used in the account is identical to HashTitan's own account - down to the smirks. Compare the accounts yourself and make your own decision.

Scott-
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 04:04:15 AM

Yes, that's been quite evident in many of his posts, some openly asking for ideas, some posing a "hypothetical" question. There is nothing wrong with asking for community feedback, it's just often done backwards, and in a not quite transparent and honest way.
numanoid
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:12:23 AM

Well you answered your own question Smiley

My bank with all its shortcomings has had my account for the last 15 years or whatever and hasn't missed a single payment so far. Actually for bill pay I can trust it more than I trust myself as I tend to forget and otherwise mess things up. That's one of those solutions looking for a problem. It might become a viable service if we "cut the cord" completely and stop using fiat and conventional banks. Not likely in my lifetime at least (yes, please embarrass me with that statement 20 years from now).

I really did, didn't I? Smiley

So with the potential GAW issues with payment, we DO gain the following (assuming no changes in account info with GAW)

We have a method to "bill pay" from an "account" that doesn't require the traditional personal information that is needed with fiat.  For instance, My Zen Cloud account does not have my address, phone number, or SSN associated with it.  No chance for this to happen with a traditional bank account.

Personally, I don't care about this, but for the bitcoin (crypto) purists, this may be a major step in the right direction from fiat based accounts.  

I propose this question to the less drunk smart people:  What's the difference between paying in BTC to a retailer compared to using this plugin that links to a Pay Base wallet assuming you don't have to provide personal information in your pay base wallet?

I should clarify that I have not used the "bill pay" feature from my bank before.  I always use the "auto pay" features from my utility where I provide my bank account/routing number and they auto withdraw the necessary amount.  I don't know if this is better or worse, but I wanted to clarify since I clearly said "bill pay" above.

maildir
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:14:59 AM

It is incredibly deceitful, that is how most scam ASIC scrypt miner companies began, by initially pretending to be fully funded, tricking people into thinking all you are paying for is your device, the taking the pre-order money, then slowly revealing you are part of a crowd funding endeavor and your funds are what is financing the venture from the get go.

If you review the check-list here everything is correct, all the bones for the skeleton are in place, yet there is no meat anywhere to be found

- register domain names - check
- create websites - check
- trade mark names - check
- make patents - check

But there is no content, wishy washy ideas being floated around daily, ever changing depending on the feedback.

Buy hashcoin. com, trademark hashcoin, reveal hashcoin, crowd roars disapproval, buy paycoin.com, trademark paycoin crowd roars approval, now what? How do we fill in the blank guys? Give us some ideas what to do and how to do it please.

It is an interesting situation to observe in real time, quite a novel approach to starting a new business actually, whether it culminates in anything viable at the end of the day, remains to be seen.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:17:00 AM

This guy is HashTitan´s father in law ?

maildir
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:21:38 AM

You misunderstand the purpose of the plug in. The plug in makes it appear when you browse say Amazon.com, that the prices are in BTC or Paycoin. click buy whatever product it, converts it on the fly, pays out to Amazon.com in dollars and debits your BTC or Paycoin account. As you indicate.  No real point to it other than to make it appear as so. IF and let us see them grab this idea as I propose it, if as a collective there is a discount in bulk buying or buyers brought forward by paybase, it could make sense that you use this illusion. Otherwise you would be better off buying from Amazon directly with dollars. It is all an unnecessary step simply to make it all appear as though you are using a crypto currency to buy anything from anywhere. Someone somewhere has to take a piece of the pie to convert the crypto currency and pay out on the back end in dollars.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:23:14 AM

Another? I don't recall them faking a known person's twitter before, that would be the first.

This guy is HashTitan´s father in law ?
OMG not this again...

He sort of looks like HashTitan. Maybe it´s his half-brother  Grin

KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:23:53 AM

Arguments/disagreements aside, I urge everyone on both side of the fence to spend the time and go back to where all these GAW "changes" began and carefully "follow the BTC" up to the point we find ourselves now.

Here is one place you can start: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=720844.msg9401621#msg9401621

To those who say they have ROI'd once or many times over and/or are "smiling all the way to the bank", please by all means, continue with this expressed stance and make yourselves known in favor of this operation. This will give the regulators the info they need to add you as a willing collaborator - after the fact - if they choose to go that route. Remember, the first 2-3 tiers of any alleged Ponzi scheme requires some of the early players to make money in order to [help] draw in new investors. If lawfully unaware the scheme beforehand, no worries. However, continuing to support that scheme after being notified of the potential and likelihood of it being a Ponzi situation opens those collaborating with the source facilitating the scheme up to liability as well. Just saying...

Scott-

numanoid
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:24:15 AM

It is incredibly deceitful, that is how most scam ASIC scrypt miner companies began, by initially pretending to be fully funded, tricking people into thinking all you are paying for is your device, the taking the pre-order money, then slowly revealing you are part of a crowd funding endeavor and your funds are what is financing the venture from the get go.

If you review the check-list here everything is correct, all the bones for the skeleton are in place, yet there is no meat anywhere to be found

- register domain names - check
- create websites - check
- trade mark names - check
- make patents - check

But there is no content, wishy washy ideas being floated around daily, ever changing depending on the feedback.

Buy hashcoin. com, trademark hashcoin, reveal hashcoin, crowd roars disapproval, buy paycoin.com, trademark paycoin crowd roars approval, now what? How do we fill in the blank guys? Give us some ideas what to do and how to do it please.

It is an interesting situation to observe in real time, quite a novel approach to starting a new business actually, whether it culminates in anything viable at the end of the day, remains to be seen.

On your first point, I agree, but how do you see this connecting to GAW?  Speak plainly.  I don't see a clear connection to your second point.

On your second point, I thought I was the only person who saw that.  It's not discussed at HT, but is clear as day to me and is, BY FAR, my biggest red flag.
Melkunov

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:24:38 AM

http://genius.com/Josh-garza-confidential-notice-annotated/
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:24:48 AM

You misunderstand the purpose of the plug in. The plug in makes it appear when you browse say Amazon.com, that the prices are in BTC or Paycoin. click buy whatever product it, converts it on the fly, pays out to Amazon.com in dollars and debits your BTC or Paycoin account. As you indicate.  No real point to it other than to make it appear as so. IF and let us see them grab this idea as I propose it, if as a collective there is a discount in bulk buying or buyers brought forward by paybase, it could make sense that you use this illusion. Otherwise you would be better off buying from Amazon directly with dollars. It is all an unnecessary step simply to make it all appear as though you are using a crypto currency to buy anything from anywhere. Someone somewhere has to take a piece of the pie to convert the crypto currency and pay out on the back end in dollars.

Amazon affiliate payments might provide say a 1-2% discount for buyers if GAW gives back. Remember where you heard this idea first!
burst1002

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 04:28:21 AM

My cable
My Electric
My Gas
My mortgage

+1

i dont see why should i go for this centralized coin.
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: