Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:05:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 209 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NastyFans: The Bitcoin Enthusiast Fan Club (est. 2012)  (Read 957385 times)
laSeek

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Litecoin Core Developer

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2012, 11:33:33 PM

I just don't like being forced into interacting on something that shouldn't require any interaction

The forced interaction (1 sign in within 179 days) is because maybe you disappear... We do not want part of donations to nastyfans dumping to a black hole. If members disappear we redistribute the donations and seats.

and if you disappear?
We know you just as much as you know us.  Trust works both ways

Don't get me wrong - I don't mean to sound like I'm bashing you - it's just that so far - the shareholders from glbse have been shafted & battered about and now we're forced to go through another bunch of hoops.. and separate sites for every share you held, each asking for a bunch of info, each with their own bugs, UI, policies..

Litecoin Core Developer
 - Dev Repo - https://github.com/dasher/litecoin.git
Donations:  LTC LX2aYdR8jPiHUHVmegBiK1DBGa2fusz1fx  BTC 1PnAbtTnQJTiZ1N1RVHLq2vop77PWwsCoC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
plasticAiredale

Activity: 207
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 11:47:08 PM

what happens if i forget my password ? i lose my dividends / (shares after 3 months) ?

Forcible "donation"

I think forcing people to interact with a shitty website is a bit too much.

If there is a big enough voting block maybe there will eventually be a poll to extend the inactive time, to years, or even eternity. You never know what us nasty fans will think is a fun duration time. Twice a year to check in on things seems plenty fun to me, but I could be swayed to vote to extend the time if such a poll was created.
laSeek

Litecoin Core Developer

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2012, 11:49:26 PM

what happens if i forget my password ? i lose my dividends / (shares after 3 months) ?

Forcible "donation"

I think forcing people to interact with a shitty website is a bit too much.

If there is a big enough voting block maybe there will eventually be a poll to extend the inactive time, to years, or even eternity. You never know what us nasty fans will think is a fun duration time. Twice a year to check in on things seems plenty fun to me, but I could be swayed to vote to extend the time if such a poll was created.

I'm not even sure why the time limit is needed.  Payouts to go addresses automagically - voting on measures proposed have the no-shows defaulting to no-action currently.
If anything - the default action can be to support Nasty's proposal or abstain (and therefore not counted).

Litecoin Core Developer
Donations:  LTC LX2aYdR8jPiHUHVmegBiK1DBGa2fusz1fx  BTC 1PnAbtTnQJTiZ1N1RVHLq2vop77PWwsCoC
nonnakip

Activity: 633
Merit: 591

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 11:54:54 PM

and if you disappear?

The interaction requirement is not for me. It is for everyone.

Your concern about me disappearing is valid. I did not think about this. Maybe the idea from ErebusBat was good. If I provide a signed list showing seat distribution and make it public then maybe you are happy? For it to be valuable it must show username and donation address and number of seats owned. Maybe some members do not want this information public?
nonnakip

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 12:02:02 AM

I'm not even sure why the time limit is needed.  Payouts to go addresses automagically

I already explain time limit. It allows donation and seat redistribution if you disappear. This is good for the other members that do not disappear.

voting on measures proposed have the no-shows defaulting to no-action currently.
If anything - the default action can be to support Nasty's proposal or abstain (and therefore not counted).

That is a good idea for a account setting. Maybe you can set what you want your default to be.
kuzetsa

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 12:02:58 AM

Ah, I got an email with instructions. Thanks...

Also:

What is the password character limit?

63 characters long.

Allowed characters are ascii code 32 to 126. This is all visible characters on a USA keyboard.

SECURITY RED FLAG!!!

There should not be ANY limit to the password length.

If you are using a one-way cryptographic hash (salted or otherwise) to store passwords, there can be no risk of the password being stolen.

Anyone, doesn't matter who --- So long as you're willing to take any / all of the steps to keep the needed address active / current) please add a proper domain name (a free / dynamic one is fine) it shouldn't be any more difficult to implement than the namecoin-driven address (.bit or otherwise)

3x zero-cost examples:

I ask because I'm actively boycotting all things namecoin, and don't wish to type an IP every time. Also, there might be some people who don't know how to use whatever tools are used to make .bit addresses work.
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 12:05:46 AM

Ah, I got an email with instructions. Thanks...

Also:

What is the password character limit?

63 characters long.

Allowed characters are ascii code 32 to 126. This is all visible characters on a USA keyboard.

SECURITY RED FLAG!!!

There should not be ANY limit to the password length.

If you are using a one-way cryptographic hash (salted or otherwise) to store passwords, there can be no risk of the password being stolen.

Anyone, doesn't matter who --- So long as you're willing to take any / all of the steps to keep the needed address active / current) please add a proper domain name (a free / dynamic one is fine) it shouldn't be any more difficult to implement than the namecoin-driven address (.bit or otherwise)

3x zero-cost examples:

I ask because I'm actively boycotting all things namecoin, and don't wish to type an IP every time. Also, there might be some people who don't know how to use whatever tools are used to make .bit addresses work.

For a. Bit to work in your browser, just add one of the DNS servers that support. Bit, I used Khaleds dns server in france, but there are a hist of others you can use
laSeek

Litecoin Core Developer

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 12:16:45 AM

and if you disappear?

The interaction requirement is not for me. It is for everyone.

Your concern about me disappearing is valid. I did not think about this. Maybe the idea from ErebusBat was good. If I provide a signed list showing seat distribution and make it public then maybe you are happy? For it to be valuable it must show username and donation address and number of seats owned. Maybe some members do not want this information public?

It's not so much that information needs to be public - although some sense that you're part of something more would help.
So far there's just a list of obligations put on us from somebody who aparently has the full confidence of Nasty - somebody I don't know and yet I'm supposed to trust he's gonna handle my data, payouts, handle the sale of seats and properly represent whatever the website lets me do - and yet the site doesn't give me anything.
I can't see any real reason to visit unless I'm (a) really very bored and I should visit to make sure I'm not kicked or to see if there's a vote, (b) I want to buy/sell a seat.  The site barely mentions and doesn't show any connection to what we've invested in.

The current value of a seat is some value you have to recalc from the past sale of a seat.  How many seats have been sold, at what price, when?  When was the last payout, when can I expect the next payout (remember it's been the age of a bible since we saw a return - and on the forums only a spend of our dividends with no idea of what that means to us).  Are people mostly selling or buying?
How has the mining op been performing?  What's the daily/weekly/monthly hash rate/income been like? What's it likely to be in the future?  Has there been any issues, has it been performing better than expected?
Block reward halving has happened and our past dividends have been spent - which means we can expect payouts to be half of what we remember from glbse happening maybe sometime in the days/weeks/months to come?

This is all the type of stuff a "fan site" could provide - but you have to think about how to encourage people to visit - other than some stick that they'll lose their seats/shares.
You have to give them some confidence that this isn't just some fly-by-night thing by somebody who barely has any presence in the community (low forum post count here, I've not seen you around in the litecoin forums or the btce exchange), that's gonna disappear and leave them high & dry again.

So who are you? Smiley
What do you do other than play with the "fan site"?  How much time are you able to put into this?
What's your experience and why is this important enough to spend your free/full time on?  What's your operating costs for running the site and how much/often should we try to help out with covering them?

Keep in mind .bit domains are all well and good - but most people won't have their machine/net setup to resolve them and they're not recognised by the main DNS providers or connected to the majority of the DNS infrastructure.

Litecoin Core Developer
laSeek

Litecoin Core Developer

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 12:18:47 AM

What you talking about Willis? Wink
Why actively? [I've been busy the past few weeks and the signal/noise ratio on these forums means it's a time sink - have I mised something?]

I'm happy to point a domain name & record for free to the nasty fan club (I feel I need a rub down with a damp edition of the radio times after writing that) - pick a name that I can prefix to txn.co.in and I'll set it up.

Litecoin Core Developer
nonnakip

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 12:25:27 AM

I am. I do not know or have access to any passwords. I can increase the maximum password length. But a limit will exist. Do members want passwords longer than 63 characters?
nonnakip

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 12:42:09 AM

This is all the type of stuff a "fan site" could provide - but you have to think about how to encourage people to visit - other than some stick that they'll lose their seats/shares.
You have to give them some confidence that this isn't just some fly-by-night thing by somebody who barely has any presence in the community (low forum post count here, I've not seen you around in the litecoin forums or the btce exchange), that's gonna disappear and leave them high & dry again.

nastyfans is young. Your critic is not appropriate now. I try to get the basic skeleton running so the fans can see some action again. Please be patient and help us improve our fanclub.

So who are you? Smiley
What do you do other than play with the "fan site"?  How much time are you able to put into this?
What's your experience and why is this important enough to spend your free/full time on?  What's your operating costs for running the site and how much/often should we try to help out with covering them?

I am a fan of NASTY MINING like you. I have seats in nastyfans like you. OgNasty asks me to help because GLBSE died and was illegal. I try to help and create a independent donation-based fanclub to show enthusiasm for NASTY MINING. I do not ask for any operating costs. I enjoy having a part in the exciting Bitcoin world. In the future I hope we can do great things with our fanclub. Now we have only a skeleton. Let us fill in the body.
laSeek

Litecoin Core Developer

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 12:44:14 AM

nastyfans is young. Your critic is not appropriate now. I try to get the basic skeleton running so the fans can see some action again. Please be patient and help us improve our fanclub.

It wasn't a critique.. they were tips & suggestions on things to implement that might help improve the site Smiley
Some of the comments were aimed at Nasty :p

Litecoin Core Developer
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 12:47:00 AM

So who are you? Smiley

I am a fan of NASTY MINING like you. I have seats in nastyfans like you. OgNasty asks me to help because GLBSE died and was illegal. I try to help and create a independent donation-based fanclub to show enthusiasm for NASTY MINING. I do not ask for any operating costs. I enjoy having a part in the exciting Bitcoin world. In the future I hope we can do great things with our fanclub. Now we have only a skeleton. Let us fill in the body.

Issuing unregistered securities is illegal whether on glbse or someplace else. It doesnt matter what platform you use.

Equilux

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 12:50:46 AM

Whoa, can someone ... no actually, can OgNasty please give a detailed description of what exactly is going on?

I hold a sizable amount of shares, and have been happy to do so mostly because Ognasty has always been quick to respond and handles things in a calm and collected manner, and seems to have his shareholders best interest at heart.

I have no idea of what is fanwebsite is all about, or why it even exist, and I cannot find any clear info explaining this. On the one hand it it the "unofficial fanpage" on the othe hand it seems the way to claim my shares? which will be turned into seats or something? Which i can loose over time? what the hell is this all about, and why does it seem awfully rushed and chaotic?

Please update the OP with some sensible info!

Kind regards,

Equilux.

flipperfish

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Dolphie Selfie

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 01:10:40 AM

invalid pgp fingerprint
failed value test
invalid pgp fingerprint
invalid query
common.c:256
Updating my "donations" address gives the error above.. I've tried 2 addys now..

Can you change those awful post buttons (seriously - one form per button) to actualy url's?
Otherwise you end up with "confirm resubmission" when you try to go back on some pages..

You are probably running into the same problem I had. Try clearing out the pgp fingerprint data, so that the only data on your screen is your bitcoin address.

Cool - ta - that worked.. sloppy code on the site.
Why are we using pgp anyway?  You have a bitcoind addy.. the bitcoin api supports signed messages - creating & verifying.
If you need to reset your password - you may as well sign a server generated message with your bitcoin address than with a pgp key.

+1
I really would like to see that implemented. Maybe even with a second address instead of pgp key.

And I also would like to vote against the inactivity timeout. Or please do at least increase the time step from 90 days to 1 year, so in the end it would take 3 years to lose the shares. Time flies by faster, when you get older Wink
Gerco

Activity: 73

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 01:19:01 AM

Am I correct in understanding that it's not possible to set a price for buying seats? I have to buy whatever is currently for sale or don't buy at all?

What if I want to buy 100 seats at 0.5, but no-one is selling? Nobody would know that I want to buy seats and they cannot make a decision based on all the available information (whether to sell or not).

OTC: gercod | Tip jar: 1KNxsZNsGf8RXbnjtiJN84kYVejSeK4bD8 | GPG Key: 8DA261EC572065FD
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 01:40:08 AM

invalid pgp fingerprint
failed value test
invalid pgp fingerprint
invalid query
common.c:256
Updating my "donations" address gives the error above.. I've tried 2 addys now..

Can you change those awful post buttons (seriously - one form per button) to actualy url's?
Otherwise you end up with "confirm resubmission" when you try to go back on some pages..

You are probably running into the same problem I had. Try clearing out the pgp fingerprint data, so that the only data on your screen is your bitcoin address.

Cool - ta - that worked.. sloppy code on the site.
Why are we using pgp anyway?  You have a bitcoind addy.. the bitcoin api supports signed messages - creating & verifying.
If you need to reset your password - you may as well sign a server generated message with your bitcoin address than with a pgp key.

+1
I really would like to see that implemented. Maybe even with a second address instead of pgp key.

And I also would like to vote against the inactivity timeout. Or please do at least increase the time step from 90 days to 1 year, so in the end it would take 3 years to lose the shares. Time flies by faster, when you get older Wink

If the unsold seats can be used for voting then they would far outweigh the other voters so motions are pretty much pointless.

This is why on most exchanges they are called "treasury shares" and cant be used for that.

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 02:03:21 AM

Is Saturday still the fun day for donations?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
OgNasty (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 4676
Merit: 4154

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 02:31:00 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2012, 02:48:03 AM by OgNasty

can OgNasty please give a detailed description of what exactly is going on?

GLBSE seems to have been operating under less than official terms.  Nefario shut it down claiming it needed to happen.  Any contract we were thought to have had is apparently not enforceable without the collection of personal information (see the gigamining disaster).  However, nonnakip has a pretty cool website.  Fans could still have a way to vote on what they think I should do with NASTY MINING.  For that reason, I handed the GLBSE list over to nonnakip, who I trust.  The site never wants to hold your BTC, so don't see it as a risk.  

I hold a sizable amount of shares, and have been happy to do so mostly because Ognasty has always been quick to respond and handles things in a calm and collected manner, and seems to have his shareholders best interest at heart.

Thank you for your confidence.  Please give me the opportunity to maintain it with my actions.

I have no idea of what is fanwebsite is all about, or why it even exist, and I cannot find any clear info explaining this. On the one hand it it the "unofficial fanpage" on the othe hand it seems the way to claim my shares? which will be turned into seats or something? Which i can loose over time? what the hell is this all about, and why does it seem awfully rushed and chaotic?

It exists because there is a need.  If you want no part of it, I recommend selling your seats.

Am I correct in understanding that it's not possible to set a price for buying seats? I have to buy whatever is currently for sale or don't buy at all?

What if I want to buy 100 seats at 0.5, but no-one is selling? Nobody would know that I want to buy seats and they cannot make a decision based on all the available information (whether to sell or not).

You cannot set a price for buying seats.  This is true.  What is available for sale is available for sale.  I am trying to help the situation by advising seat owners who don't like what is being done to sell their seats.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 02:39:42 AM

You cannot set a price for buying seats.  This is true.  What is available for sale is available for sale.
Maybe a simple message board could be included where buyers could express interest.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 209 »
  Print  

Jump to: