Hello kuzetsa. I try to answer your comments. I only speak for nastyfans.
any members that do not vote within thirty days of a poll begin will automatically vote for the "no action" choice
At the most basic level, "not voting" is the very definition of abstention:
You are correct. But maybe members do not have time to vote. Or maybe they are not available for some months. In such case it may be in the interest that they automatically vote for no action. This supports a model where changes only occur when a majority actively
agrees. I thought this is a safe model for the first policy version.
Who wrote the original policy?
I am author of nastyfans policy and website. I pondered each policy item for a long time. The policy was nearly more work than the website.
1) it only takes a vote of 25% "no action" to veto any policy changes (a vote with 75% in favor is required to change policy)
Yes. I preferred a model where "no action" is easy and change is hard. I believe this helps us to make better decisions longterm.
2) the policy redefines abstention, and then hijacks / mis-counts actual, literal acts of abstention (formally defined as not voting) and then changes any true abstention to instead be a vote for "no action"
Correct. I preferred a model where only active
voting can cause action.
3) why does OgNasty have control of greater than 25% of the seats, and with it, the ability to unilaterally veto any and all polls
The initial number of seats given to members matches the GLBSE list I received. On that list OgNasty had many seats.
Two earlier polls under this new system where ognasty's action was basically the only one that mattered (the outcome of the vote would have been reversed by a significant margin)
That is the choice of OgNasty.
Just wanted to point out that nowhere in the nastyfans policy was there any specification / written understanding or documentation (nor any post on this forum) to authorize OgNasty to suddenly have control over treasury seats, complete with voting rights:
The fanclub does not have treasury seats. All seats are the same. Just like you OgNasty received the number of seats on the GLBSE list. I think you agree that it is very generous that OgNasty does not accept donations for those seats. Maybe you want OgNasty to abstain from voting also? Sometimes OgNasty abstains. Somtimes not. Maybe OgNasty has insights to some issues that we do not know. Example of BTCFPGA: without OgNasty votes the results of the BTCFPGA order poll is not cancel. But this is obvious scam now. I trust OgNasty and I think most fans do. If OgNasty forces a poll result then maybe there are good reasons. But as president I choose polls carefully because I know OgNasty can push a majority.
Maybe in the future OgNasty does not have so many seats. We have several members with many seats and are growing.
So really, we have a mockery of a voting system:
We have a member with many many seats. We can ask OgNasty to abstain from voting. But there are some members like stan.distortion that prefer OgNasty handles the important decisions. They maybe have no disagreement with OgNasty voting. As president I would appreciate knowing before if OgNasty will vote on a poll. Because then there is no need for that poll.
1) abstention is instead automatically treated like a veto / converted to a vote of "take no action which can be used to fix or amend broken policy"
2) the mining operations manager (or whatever OgNasty's title is) basically has full veto power for everything treasury seats are no longer treated separately like they're supposed to be.
3) there is no "3" ... though I guess I'll add that technically, the 75% majority vote requirement isn't all that abnormal, but in light of point number 2, it's easily abused.
With voting we can change nastyfans policy. With dialogue we can work with OgNasty to start polls where we know OgNasty abstains.
I have much respect for OgNasty and the NASTY MINING work. I trust OgNasty. As president of nastyfans I also see the problem with seat distribution. I believe this problem will fix itself as NASTY MINING and nastyfans matures.