Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:25:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ Cloudmining 101 (ponzi risk assessment) ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁  (Read 361308 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 06:25:56 PM

Guys, what is hashocean.com? Scam or legit? Anyone tried them out?

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 06:52:17 PM

Scam, bit time. Do not even touch.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 06:57:45 PM

Why don't we use our BRAINS to figure this out... let's see:
- Return on investment within 5 months.
- 190,977 users
- Our power is 19.3 GH/s
- 907 days in operation
- 0.00688 BTC/day per MH/s vs https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=allorders&a=3
- User andrord*** (Date of registration)   01/07/2013, Repayment % 295%, http://who.is/whois/hashocean.com Registered On January 18, 2015
- Get 5% of powers for invited users
- etc

You have to be really ignorant to fall for this one...
TigerMart

Activity: 268
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:52:43 PM

is there a reliable cloud mining service mining altcoins and instantly converting them to btc?

No man, nothing out there is reliable.
And especially not at these cryptocurrency prices at the moment.

I do not think there is a single one operational. Does Zeus still offer their overpriced service? Genesis Mining has shut down their scrypt operation.

https://bit-x.com is legitimate.

What is the mining address of https://bit-x.com ?

I'll get back to you shortly Smiley.

Still waiting Smiley

It'll be public soon I was told. I'll see if I can provide any more information soon Smiley.

It would be the mining address of the BitFury provided and hosted ASICs.

It'll be public soon - everyone said so Wink

Will there be any real time reporting of the sold hash power too ? Otherwise what would we tally ?
galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 02:13:50 AM

i am interested in mining as newbie and this thread is easy to understand.
mining at this point is not wise? or is it better to wait for later moment when price is higher.

What's so hard about buying bitcoin? The fact you don't have to beg someone for it back?

No, but watching it constantly tank is. Which is why most people with a modicum of brain activity have given up on on listening to all those legendary experts around here that are always and consistently wrong about the bitcoin market.

Blackmet

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 06:40:04 AM

Why don't we use our BRAINS to figure this out... let's see:
- Return on investment within 5 months.
- 190,977 users
- Our power is 19.3 GH/s
- 907 days in operation
- 0.00688 BTC/day per MH/s vs https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=allorders&a=3
- User andrord*** (Date of registration)   01/07/2013, Repayment % 295%, http://who.is/whois/hashocean.com Registered On January 18, 2015
- Get 5% of powers for invited users
- etc

You have to be really ignorant to fall for this one...

Yeah. I suppose dat was a stupid question. Thanks.

Blackmet

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 06:42:13 AM

And what about nexusmining.com and scryptsy.com? I am trying to choose something right now, but a bit scared actually.

BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 12:41:53 PM

And what about nexusmining.com
The price appears acceptable, there are no indications of the fees on their site. You don't know how much they'll charge you after you sign up and they intentionally try to evade this aspect.

They also claim to be Bitcoin Foundation Silver members, they are not any kind of members, and there is no Silver membership at the moment.

Help centre / Learning center

RISK FREE - they even guarantee it!

Registrant Name: Brett Langish
Registrant Organization: Nexus Mining
Registrant Street: 145 Traders Blvd E
Registrant City: Mississauga
Registrant State/Province: Ontario
Registrant Postal Code: L4Z3L3
Registrant Country: Canada
Registrant Phone: +1.8008408954
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: nexusmining@gmail.com

etc...

scryptsy.com?
1 BTC / 1 TH, no fees?

You can't even install a shitty 1 TH miner with 250$, yet these guys do it for you, and you don't pay anything after that?!

Affiliate Programme and start earning 1%-10% random commission!

They are called "scryptsy" as in "scrypt" the altcoin algorithm, and they sell bitcoin hashing only...

https://who.godaddy.com/whoisstd.aspx?domain=scryptsy.com >> Registrant Name: Registration Private

I am trying to choose something right now, but a bit scared actually.
You should be, you and everyone else keeps googling for scams to get burned on. Simply browsing this forum for the companies will reveal their capacity of providing their promised services.

At the moment only the S5 market purchased shares on HashNest are the most profitable and certain options.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=888378.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=700463.0
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 12:50:22 PM

is there a reliable cloud mining service mining altcoins and instantly converting them to btc?

No man, nothing out there is reliable.
And especially not at these cryptocurrency prices at the moment.

I do not think there is a single one operational. Does Zeus still offer their overpriced service? Genesis Mining has shut down their scrypt operation.

https://bit-x.com is legitimate.

What is the mining address of https://bit-x.com ?

I'll get back to you shortly Smiley.

Still waiting Smiley

It'll be public soon I was told. I'll see if I can provide any more information soon Smiley.

It would be the mining address of the BitFury provided and hosted ASICs.

It'll be public soon - everyone said so Wink

Will there be any real time reporting of the sold hash power too ? Otherwise what would we tally ?

Information will be provided by BitFury too.

Until then you can rest assured as BitFury's partnership is confirmed with Bit-X!
flyingplows

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:54:54 PM

It is as scam as it gets man Wink Don't send your money there, its a cheap clone of a previous russian scam... One of the most obvious and noobish scams in here. Smiley

r4vani

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

Play Poker Games at Bitoker.com

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 08:22:09 PM

following

BITOKER.COM[

Enjoy the ultimate online play bitcoin poker
Anonymous  /  US Player Friendly  /  Instant Play
[

]
Puppet (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 10:03:28 PM

Until then you can rest assured as BitFury's partnership is confirmed with Bit-X!

While its true BF has confirmed the partnership, its worth pointing out that if bit-x doesnt directly control the hashpower, it adds another layer of risk. If BF goes tits up, you lose your investment. If Bit-x goes tits up, idem ditto. All other things equal, its always safer to invest directly with the owner of the hashrate.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 10:44:54 PM

While its true BF has confirmed the partnership, its worth pointing out that if bit-x doesnt directly control the hashpower, it adds another layer of risk. If BF goes tits up, you lose your investment. If Bit-x goes tits up, idem ditto. All other things equal, its always safer to invest directly with the owner of the hashrate.

Yes, but in this case BitFury doesn't sell hashing power to individual customers (don't see such option on their website).

From investors point of view, it could be better to accept 'extra layer' of risk if the price is attractive enough.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Blackmet

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 01:05:52 PM

And what about nexusmining.com
The price appears acceptable, there are no indications of the fees on their site. You don't know how much they'll charge you after you sign up and they intentionally try to evade this aspect.

They also claim to be Bitcoin Foundation Silver members, they are not any kind of members, and there is no Silver membership at the moment.

Help centre / Learning center

RISK FREE - they even guarantee it!

Registrant Name: Brett Langish
Registrant Organization: Nexus Mining
Registrant Street: 145 Traders Blvd E
Registrant City: Mississauga
Registrant State/Province: Ontario
Registrant Postal Code: L4Z3L3
Registrant Country: Canada
Registrant Phone: +1.8008408954
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: nexusmining@gmail.com

etc...

scryptsy.com?
1 BTC / 1 TH, no fees?

You can't even install a shitty 1 TH miner with 250$, yet these guys do it for you, and you don't pay anything after that?!

Affiliate Programme and start earning 1%-10% random commission!

They are called "scryptsy" as in "scrypt" the altcoin algorithm, and they sell bitcoin hashing only...

https://who.godaddy.com/whoisstd.aspx?domain=scryptsy.com >> Registrant Name: Registration Private

I am trying to choose something right now, but a bit scared actually.
You should be, you and everyone else keeps googling for scams to get burned on. Simply browsing this forum for the companies will reveal their capacity of providing their promised services.

At the moment only the S5 market purchased shares on HashNest are the most profitable and certain options.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=888378.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=700463.0

Bro, thanks so much for this perfect analysis. While reading you, I am starting to get what such analysis should be like. Following the thread, will bring some more info shortly.

Bitkrieg

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:04:15 AM

Since you guys seem to have a lot of faith in bit-x can someone summarize how it works? The only functionality I see on the site is for trading. How do you mine there?

Check out the 'Mining' heading here: https://bit-x.com/pages/about

Any other questions please ask!

That didn't tell me anything. Can someone just summarize in like one sentence how to buy hash power on bit-x? I've looked all over the site and don't see any options to do so. That's all I'm asking here guys. I answer questions about other sites for people all the time on these forums, is it too much to ask for a little help in return? ffs
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:12:02 AM

Since you guys seem to have a lot of faith in bit-x can someone summarize how it works? The only functionality I see on the site is for trading. How do you mine there?

That didn't tell me anything. Can someone just summarize in like one sentence how to buy hash power on bit-x? I've looked all over the site and don't see any options to do so. That's all I'm asking here guys. I answer questions about other sites for people all the time on these forums, is it too much to ask for a little help in return? ffs

What to you mean how? It s the same like Hashnest. There is a market where people buy and sell hash. Deposit BTC to your account there, go to the market and make you bid. Once your price and quantity matches what somebody else is selling, you get your hash into your account and it starts hashing immediately. You sell it the same way.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:13:52 AM

What to you mean how? It s the same like Hashnest. There is a market where people buy and sell hash. Deposit BTC to your account there, go to the market and make you bid. Once your price and quantity matches what somebody else is selling, you get your hash into your account and it starts hashing immediately. You sell it the same way.

Or you can buy immediately from current sell orders.
Bitkrieg

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 07:42:51 PM

that's what I needed to know, thanks.
mo35

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:03:38 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2015, 11:01:47 PM by mo35

edited/update.

they took sweet time , eventualy they replied to my emails and credited me with purchased hash , just took almost 4 days !
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feedback about nexusmining.com , since spandoolies guy kinda mentioned them as legit business i tried to buy small amount of hash for test purposes , guess what , its not even ponzi , its outright scam. I paid for small contract , btc went through , no hash credited. after 1,5 day they so called support replied (from gmail address!?) and promised to look into. Another 24h+ passed , no replays , no hash.

M.
Bitkrieg

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:51:27 AM

anyone know what kind of miners Bit-X uses? Where are they located? And is the ROI better than hashnest?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: