Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:42:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ Cloudmining 101 (ponzi risk assessment) ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁  (Read 361307 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptojumper

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:13:15 PM

Fb started feeding me ads from this site.. anyone care to share their opinion about this site?

https://www.genesis-mining.com/

AFAIK it's legit. but ROI is over a year.

They have a risk of fractional reserve mining. That means that they might be reselling the same hardware to many different people not only one or selling more hashpower than they have to say in other words.
And they are terribly unprofitable. Why bother - buy from hashnest and have no worries Smiley

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:57:23 PM

Fb started feeding me ads from this site.. anyone care to share their opinion about this site?

https://www.genesis-mining.com/

AFAIK it's legit. but ROI is over a year.

They have a risk of fractional reserve mining. That means that they might be reselling the same hardware to many different people not only one or selling more hashpower than they have to say in other words.
And they are terribly unprofitable. Why bother - buy from hashnest and have no worries Smiley

+1

I m not worried about them doing fractional reserve mining. If you take a look at their page, the entire team s there, with photos and contacts. They would not be able to run if they would go south. But profitability, that s an issue.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
leorjakum

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 04:30:29 AM

HELLO!! CLOUDMINR.IO STILL PAYING... NICE!! ITS A PONZI OR NOT?
cryptojumper

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 06:52:56 AM

HELLO!! CLOUDMINR.IO STILL PAYING... NICE!! ITS A PONZI OR NOT?

Yes, it's a ponzi most likely.. See page 1 of this thread. I would suggest you to invest in Hashnest or Bit-x if you want cloudmining, otherwise you will either get scammed or will not roi ever..

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 04:23:19 PM

Really return on investment from legit hosted bitcoin mining is so long now you are better off just buying and holding bitcoin.

If you just have to mine you need to put odds as much in your favor as possible and run a bitcoin miner at home ... if you have cheap power. If you know what you are doing there are a few altcoins on the move to trade but I would never invest in any altcoin long term. Consider them all pump and dumps. You can also have some fun trading bitcoin contracts for difference (CFD).

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 04:29:05 PM

Another ponzi. https://cloudthink.io/

No ANN thread. A scam accusation already popped out - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074272.0

flyingplows

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:03:11 PM

WTB LTCGear accounts! PM me. Thank you! Smiley

Please PM me, I have for sale hashie, amhash, amhash_havelock, gaw, paycoin and other accounts for sale, if you are doing charity you should not discriminate victims of other scams as well Wink

I could add genesis-mining acc as well, it's not a scam, but I will not live that long to reach roi, maybe you're younger.. Wink

wakasaki808

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 10:33:23 PM

Another ponzi. https://cloudthink.io/

No ANN thread. A scam accusation already popped out - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074272.0

now the page is down,
i'm getting 404 error
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 10:43:17 PM

http://hashmaniac.com/ had a 10ghs free from their bct giveaway, no payment for 3 days now. well, was an obvious ponzi.

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:29:04 AM

http://hashmaniac.com/ had a 10ghs free from their bct giveaway, no payment for 3 days now. well, was an obvious ponzi.

Well, I do not think that surprises anyone.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
cryptojumper

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:30:16 AM

Not even a ponzi. To be a ponzi you have to pay customers money from new investors. This was just a simple and plain scam. Collected some money and ran after a few days.. those little hackers.. or their parents found out what they were doing and ordered to stop Wink

Metadextrous

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:45:35 AM

Stumbled upon this site, scrypt.cc

the question is, is it legit? and if it is legit, is it worthy?
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 09:55:06 AM

It is a ponzi.

flyingplows

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 07:12:57 PM

It's a ponzi, a scam and a virus. They will steal everything you send them. Well, maybe not everything, but the bigger part. I would think they are in the final stages of collapsing. Definitely not worth the risk now. Even if somebody had roi, you are very late to the ponzi.

byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 09:16:19 PM

It's a ponzi, a scam and a virus. They will steal everything you send them. Well, maybe not everything, but the bigger part. I would think they are in the final stages of collapsing. Definitely not worth the risk now. Even if somebody had roi, you are very late to the ponzi.

Uh, what the hell are you talking about?
Do you even know what a virus is...?
Please do not make any baseless statements based on your own limited knowledge, just to earn more for your signature campaign. scrypt.cc is one of the oldest cloud mining sites....
flyingplows

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 09:25:24 PM

Please do not make any baseless statements based on your own limited knowledge, just to earn more for your signature campaign. scrypt.cc is one of the oldest cloud mining sites....

I don't think I should answer to an ignorant shill like you (unless you're trolling that you think it's legit), but yeah, of course I know what a virus is. I was just making a joke referencing to a well known Staff member -ck comment about eobot cloudming where he told smth like that Wink
Please do not make any baseless statements based on your own limited understanding on the comments of other members Wink
And stop shilling for scrypt.cc, because it is almost a definition how a ponzi and a scam looks like. It will soon collapse, nobody invest there unless you want to lose money!

byt411

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:55:54 PM

I don't think I should answer to an ignorant shill like you (unless you're trolling that you think it's legit), but yeah, of course I know what a virus is. I was just making a joke referencing to a well known Staff member -ck comment about eobot cloudming where he told smth like that Wink
Please do not make any baseless statements based on your own limited understanding on the comments of other members Wink
And stop shilling for scrypt.cc, because it is almost a definition how a ponzi and a scam looks like. It will soon collapse, nobody invest there unless you want to lose money!

I really am amazed. Where have I stated that scrypt.cc is not a ponzi or a scam? If you bothered to read my statement properly, you would realize that all I stated is that it is one of the oldest cloud mining sites.
You cannot say that something is a scam unless its proven. All you can say is that it is likely to be a scam.
The one who is making a baseless statement is you. Accusing me of shilling is a very severe accusation, and I'd suggest that you should keep your mouth shut unless you know what you are talking about.
If what you said was "It's very likely to be a ponzi", then I would have not answered you in any way, shape or form. However, making things up so that people stay away from something when you aren't sure of the facts is ridiculous.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 04:23:16 PM

I really am amazed. Where have I stated that scrypt.cc is not a ponzi or a scam? If you bothered to read my statement properly, you would realize that all I stated is that it is one of the oldest cloud mining sites.
You cannot say that something is a scam unless its proven. All you can say is that it is likely to be a scam.
The one who is making a baseless statement is you. Accusing me of shilling is a very severe accusation, and I'd suggest that you should keep your mouth shut unless you know what you are talking about.
If what you said was "It's very likely to be a ponzi", then I would have not answered you in any way, shape or form. However, making things up so that people stay away from something when you aren't sure of the facts is ridiculous.

it is one of the oldest cloud mining sites. - It is very wrong statement, friend! This statement is equal to saying "this is not a ponzi".

byt411

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:01:36 PM

it is one of the oldest cloud mining sites. - It is very wrong statement, friend! This statement is equal to saying "this is not a ponzi".

No, it does not. Read the OP.

Take PBmining,  they have been around since the beginning of 2014 and havent failed to pay so far. Does that prove its not a ponzi? Hardly. Based on their own stats, in the past month they sold ~1.5  PH worth of contracts. Good for around ~2200 BTC. During that same month they paid around 1600 BTC in dividends. A net profit of  ~600 BTC or nearly a 1/4 of a million dollar. Just for running a website. So the fact they are still paying out doesnt prove they are legit, its actually far more likely they are still paying out because it maximizes their profits ( update: pbmning meanwhile collapsed: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=887871  qed.).

Of course that cant last. At some point the new sales will slow while the owed dividends keep going up. Once the latter becomes bigger than the former, guess what the anonymous operator will do? The same thing lunamine, coinsoncloud, pirate, bitcoin-trader and countless other (mining) ponzi's before did.
It is not an incorrect statment. It has been around for more than a year, and it is one of the oldest cloud mining sites.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 05:45:42 PM

No, it does not. Read the OP.

Take PBmining,  they have been around since the beginning of 2014 and havent failed to pay so far. Does that prove its not a ponzi? Hardly. Based on their own stats, in the past month they sold ~1.5  PH worth of contracts. Good for around ~2200 BTC. During that same month they paid around 1600 BTC in dividends. A net profit of  ~600 BTC or nearly a 1/4 of a million dollar. Just for running a website. So the fact they are still paying out doesnt prove they are legit, its actually far more likely they are still paying out because it maximizes their profits ( update: pbmning meanwhile collapsed: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=887871  qed.).

Of course that cant last. At some point the new sales will slow while the owed dividends keep going up. Once the latter becomes bigger than the former, guess what the anonymous operator will do? The same thing lunamine, coinsoncloud, pirate, bitcoin-trader and countless other (mining) ponzi's before did.
It is not an incorrect statment. It has been around for more than a year, and it is one of the oldest cloud mining sites.

What you are saying is that it is one of the oldest cloud mining sites which definitely is not what it is. Hope you understand what I am telling.

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: