Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:19:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436015 times)
hypersire

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 02:20:34 AM

Wat?! Please don't tell me the wat lady died  Sad

I just stumbled upon this coin and it certainly seems interesting but can someone please confirm that it is totally open source code? I ask because I saw some comment a couple of pages back about it being closed source but I'm pretty sure that was just FUD.

Also, what's with that other coin, vidz something? Are these 2 coins competing or are there just some similarities?

Thanks!

Try the more interactive Riot chat, which is being added to the vTorrent client

https://riot.im/app/#/room/#vtorrent:matrix.org

(works better with Firefox)

Thanks, just joined! Time to do a little research on this one Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 02:28:23 AM

Looks like the price and volume has never been higher before.

killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 02:34:08 AM

How much ram does the fully synced client consumes?
Pickleninja

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 03:55:09 AM

Looks like the price and volume has never been higher before.

Price, yes. Volume, no.

Last ramp up saw $20k/24hr.

-pickle
Pickleninja

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 03:59:23 AM

Wat?! Please don't tell me the wat lady died  Sad

I just stumbled upon this coin and it certainly seems interesting but can someone please confirm that it is totally open source code? I ask because I saw some comment a couple of pages back about it being closed source but I'm pretty sure that was just FUD.

Also, what's with that other coin, vidz something? Are these 2 coins competing or are there just some similarities?

Thanks!

Yup she didn't survive 2016.

Devs have the torrent as closed source for now...

Basically they don't want thieves stealing code, but i heard it will be open source once they establish themselves.

Purevidz is a completely different... like apples to oranges comparison and by oranges i mean dildos. They aren't even close to the same yet trolls from Purevidz keep coming here.
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 05:39:23 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2017, 06:02:05 AM by dukeneptun

Thanks!

yeah you know the "security" features like 2fa are closed source and who knows what else "to prevent theft" but even if there isn't anything malicious in there, it's a bit delusional to think people would want to run a closed source program to manage their money or assets.

Thanks!

Basically they don't want thieves stealing code, but i heard it will be open source once they establish themselves.

Purevidz is a completely different... like apples to oranges comparison and by oranges i mean dildos. They aren't even close to the same yet trolls from Purevidz keep coming here.

the problem with open sourcing the 2fa isn't to prevent theft, it's that with it being open source it makes the 2fa pointless because the whole point of it is that there is a "secret" that "secret" is only suppose to be known by your secondary device, usually your phone. In this case though, the "secret" is derived from the password you use to decrypt the wallet meaning with the source being open, you can see how to compute that secret.

therefore if you know the wallet password, and how to compute the secret, you can compute the secret, produce yourself a new QR code and scan it and viola you have access to their 2fa now too!! so secure!!
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 05:53:00 AM

Thanks for your swift response Duke. You have now proven you come here often to check in. It's great to have you. There are still some cheap coins if you want to pick them up. No one will blame you for doing so.  Wink

dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 06:03:14 AM

Thanks for your swift response Duke. You have now proven you come here often to check in. It's great to have you. There are still some cheap coins if you want to pick them up. No one will blame you for doing so.  Wink

i'm sure there will be some cheap vidz for you on yobit to pick up, you can grab em on cryptopia too while thye're hot. no one will blame you for holding both Wink
Pickleninja

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 08:08:26 AM

Thanks!

yeah you know the "security" features like 2fa are closed source and who knows what else "to prevent theft" but even if there isn't anything malicious in there, it's a bit delusional to think people would want to run a closed source program to manage their money or assets.

Thanks!

the problem with open sourcing the 2fa isn't to prevent theft, it's that with it being open source it makes the 2fa pointless because the whole point of it is that there is a "secret" that "secret" is only suppose to be known by your secondary device, usually your phone. In this case though, the "secret" is derived from the password you use to decrypt the wallet meaning with the source being open, you can see how to compute that secret.

therefore if you know the wallet password, and how to compute the secret, you can compute the secret, produce yourself a new QR code and scan it and viola you have access to their 2fa now too!! so secure!!

That wasn't what i meant by theft.

They don't want <insert vtr knockoff> being made at the same time.
pnoch

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:16:27 AM

Thanks!

Thanks!

Please stop posting a complete non-sense about 2FA such as that it will be pointless after open-sourced. You should get yourself some more knowledge on encryption and security system design before thinking you know all about VTR 2FA implementation with your cute imagination.

It is not far from saying Bitcoin security is completely pointless since it is open sourced.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:24:19 AM

Thanks for your swift response Duke. You have now proven you come here often to check in. It's great to have you. There are still some cheap coins if you want to pick them up. No one will blame you for doing so.  Wink

i'm sure there will be some cheap vidz for you on yobit to pick up, you can grab em on cryptopia too while thye're hot. no one will blame you for holding both Wink

I know you're just here to get some suckers you can dump into, but you do know you are promoting an illegal website so you and anyone else will be hunted down?

I'm no lawyer but vTorrent is BitTorrent, perfectly legal software.

So don't be that guy on the news for supporting and promoting some crappy illegal website.

Download a vTorrent client instead and relax.
rosso2

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 01:14:49 PM

Thanks for your swift response Duke. You have now proven you come here often to check in. It's great to have you. There are still some cheap coins if you want to pick them up. No one will blame you for doing so.  Wink

I know you're just here to get some suckers you can dump into, but you do know you are promoting an illegal website so you and anyone else will be hunted down?

I'm no lawyer but vTorrent is BitTorrent, perfectly legal software.

So don't be that guy on the news for supporting and promoting some crappy illegal website.

Download a vTorrent client instead and relax.

Purevidz isn't providing the hosting of the file.
streaming has only a temporary file.
And they aren't even providing the hosting of torrent file.
They're using a protocol of a magnet link.

It is something like collection of links.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 01:38:30 PM

Topic on vidz investors being taken to jail is here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1749707.msg17483269#msg17483269
Wosterlee

Activity: 220
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 01:53:01 PM

Purevidz...

It is something like collection of links.

Wow! Such innovation!
rosso2

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 02:53:35 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2017, 04:07:17 PM by rosso2

Topic on vidz investors being taken to jail is here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1749707.msg17483269#msg17483269

VTR is also a similar one.
The main use of VTR will also pay money for an illegal file.  Grin

VTR is more direct.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 07:51:27 PM

Bad Ass 2FA dev  Cheesy

Do you think that 2FA would work with MultiSig?

That would make MultiSig super secure  Cool

I bet exchanges would spend a fortune implementing that for their offline wallets, especially Bitfinex. You could probably get them to list vTorrent as part of the deal Wink
Shy_Bladder

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:51:24 AM

Hey, downloaded the client a couple days ago but it refuses to sync. I'm using a mac btw.

Using Textedit, I added a textfile I called vtorrent.conf into the same folder where the wallet.dat and all those types of files reside. In this vtorrent.conf file I wrote: addnode=vtrseed.cloudns.asia. I also removed the RTF extension on the file.

However when I now try to start the client it just crashes.

Anyone knows how I can solve this problem and get the client to sync?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:18:42 AM

Hey, downloaded the client a couple days ago but it refuses to sync. I'm using a mac btw.

Using Textedit, I added a textfile I called vtorrent.conf into the same folder where the wallet.dat and all those types of files reside. In this vtorrent.conf file I wrote: addnode=vtrseed.cloudns.asia. I also removed the RTF extension on the file.

However when I now try to start the client it just crashes.

Anyone knows how I can solve this problem and get the client to sync?

Try on the Riot thread, it's more interactive and you might find someone on Mac.

https://riot.im/app/#/room/#vtorrent:matrix.org

(works better with FireFox than Chrome)

Scroll up, there are some nodes posted there that should get you started.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:28:28 PM

....2FA...it will be....open-sourced.

Here is my personal view.

Don't open source the 2FA feature, just yet. It is too valuable for all the hard work that went into it and it has commercial use cases.

What I would do is create a vTorrent wallet with the 2FA included and one without. This will add complexity, but it will deal with the fud about it being closed source.

Exchanges can 100% benefit from your 2FA implementation. So can vTorrent.

You should create a generic Bitcoin wallet with the 2FA built in and label it as a vTorrent innovation to help exchanges with fraud. You should then sell that wallet to exchanges and others interested in security. The sale process is to create a licence agreement with them.

You could also sell them the option to create other coin wallets with 2FA added.

The licence means that they will pay you to see the source code so they can get it inspected for viruses. It also means you can charge them to put the source code into escrow should they need to access it in emergency (you disappear).

You can then choose to accept payment in BTC or VTR.

Once you have earned, say, 1,000 BTC or vTorrent has reached $30m market cap, you can then choose to open source, or not.

The headlines on Coindesk:

"Exchanges Secure Bitcoin Cold Wallets with vTorrent's 2FA Technology"
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:36:12 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2017, 06:12:49 PM by leigh2k14

....2FA...it will be....open-sourced.

Here is my personal view.

Don't open source the 2FA feature, just yet. It is too valuable for all the hard work that went into it and it has commercial use cases.

What I would do is create a vTorrent wallet with the 2FA included and one without. This will add complexity, but it will deal with the fud about it being closed source.

Exchanges can 100% benefit from your 2FA implementation. So can vTorrent.

You should create a generic Bitcoin wallet with the 2FA built in and label it as a vTorrent innovation to help exchanges with fraud. You should then sell that wallet to exchanges and others interested in security. The sale process is to create a licence agreement with them.

You could also sell them the option to create other coin wallets with 2FA added.

The licence means that they will pay you to see the source code so they can get it inspected for viruses. It also means you can charge them to put the source code into escrow should they need to access it in emergency (you disappear).

You can then choose to accept payment in BTC or VTR.

Once you have earned, say, 1,000 BTC or vTorrent has reached $30m market cap, you can then choose to open source, or not.

The headlines on Coindesk:

"Exchanges Secure Bitcoin Cold Wallets with vTorrent's 2FA Technology"

Only after you posting about using 2FA on exchanges do I see the value of it, look at all the hacks that have happened over the last few years, hundreds of thousands of BTC stolen, wow this really does have a high value.

The kicker is if the devs didn't release this instead of torrent back in August, and just released it as a separate release the marketcap would of shot right up.

Just imagine if they communicated more, we'd have a much much higher marketcap.

The marketcap is usually a good measurement for how well a project is doing.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: