|
hypersire
|
 |
January 15, 2017, 10:46:45 PM |
|
Wat?! Please don't tell me the wat lady died  I just stumbled upon this coin and it certainly seems interesting but can someone please confirm that it is totally open source code? I ask because I saw some comment a couple of pages back about it being closed source but I'm pretty sure that was just FUD. Also, what's with that other coin, vidz something? Are these 2 coins competing or are there just some similarities? Thanks!
|
|
|
|
|
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
|
 |
January 16, 2017, 01:24:24 AM |
|
Wat?! Please don't tell me the wat lady died  I just stumbled upon this coin and it certainly seems interesting but can someone please confirm that it is totally open source code? I ask because I saw some comment a couple of pages back about it being closed source but I'm pretty sure that was just FUD. Also, what's with that other coin, vidz something? Are these 2 coins competing or are there just some similarities? Thanks! Try the more interactive Riot chat, which is being added to the vTorrent client https://riot.im/app/#/room/#vtorrent:matrix.org(works better with Firefox)
|
|
|
|
|
|
hypersire
|
 |
January 16, 2017, 02:20:34 AM |
|
Wat?! Please don't tell me the wat lady died  I just stumbled upon this coin and it certainly seems interesting but can someone please confirm that it is totally open source code? I ask because I saw some comment a couple of pages back about it being closed source but I'm pretty sure that was just FUD. Also, what's with that other coin, vidz something? Are these 2 coins competing or are there just some similarities? Thanks! Try the more interactive Riot chat, which is being added to the vTorrent client https://riot.im/app/#/room/#vtorrent:matrix.org(works better with Firefox) Thanks, just joined! Time to do a little research on this one 
|
|
|
|
|
|
ik_do
|
 |
January 16, 2017, 02:28:23 AM |
|
Looks like the price and volume has never been higher before. 
|
|
|
|
|
killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010
|
 |
January 16, 2017, 02:34:08 AM |
|
How much ram does the fully synced client consumes?
|
|
|
|
|
|
Pickleninja
|
 |
January 16, 2017, 03:55:09 AM |
|
Looks like the price and volume has never been higher before.  Price, yes. Volume, no. Last ramp up saw $20k/24hr. -pickle
|
|
|
|
|
|
Pickleninja
|
 |
January 16, 2017, 03:59:23 AM |
|
Wat?! Please don't tell me the wat lady died  I just stumbled upon this coin and it certainly seems interesting but can someone please confirm that it is totally open source code? I ask because I saw some comment a couple of pages back about it being closed source but I'm pretty sure that was just FUD. Also, what's with that other coin, vidz something? Are these 2 coins competing or are there just some similarities? Thanks! Yup she didn't survive 2016. Devs have the torrent as closed source for now... Basically they don't want thieves stealing code, but i heard it will be open source once they establish themselves. Purevidz is a completely different... like apples to oranges comparison and by oranges i mean dildos. They aren't even close to the same yet trolls from Purevidz keep coming here.
|
|
|
|
|
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
|
 |
January 16, 2017, 05:39:23 AM Last edit: January 16, 2017, 06:02:05 AM by dukeneptun |
|
Wat?! Please don't tell me the wat lady died  I just stumbled upon this coin and it certainly seems interesting but can someone please confirm that it is totally open source code? I ask because I saw some comment a couple of pages back about it being closed source but I'm pretty sure that was just FUD. Also, what's with that other coin, vidz something? Are these 2 coins competing or are there just some similarities? Thanks! yeah you know the "security" features like 2fa are closed source and who knows what else "to prevent theft" but even if there isn't anything malicious in there, it's a bit delusional to think people would want to run a closed source program to manage their money or assets. Wat?! Please don't tell me the wat lady died  I just stumbled upon this coin and it certainly seems interesting but can someone please confirm that it is totally open source code? I ask because I saw some comment a couple of pages back about it being closed source but I'm pretty sure that was just FUD. Also, what's with that other coin, vidz something? Are these 2 coins competing or are there just some similarities? Thanks! Yup she didn't survive 2016. Devs have the torrent as closed source for now... Basically they don't want thieves stealing code, but i heard it will be open source once they establish themselves. Purevidz is a completely different... like apples to oranges comparison and by oranges i mean dildos. They aren't even close to the same yet trolls from Purevidz keep coming here. the problem with open sourcing the 2fa isn't to prevent theft, it's that with it being open source it makes the 2fa pointless because the whole point of it is that there is a "secret" that "secret" is only suppose to be known by your secondary device, usually your phone. In this case though, the "secret" is derived from the password you use to decrypt the wallet meaning with the source being open, you can see how to compute that secret. therefore if you know the wallet password, and how to compute the secret, you can compute the secret, produce yourself a new QR code and scan it and viola you have access to their 2fa now too!! so secure!!
|
|
|
|
|
|
rhinomonkey
|
 |
January 16, 2017, 05:53:00 AM |
|
Thanks for your swift response Duke. You have now proven you come here often to check in. It's great to have you. There are still some cheap coins if you want to pick them up. No one will blame you for doing so. 
|
|
|
|
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
|
 |
January 16, 2017, 06:03:14 AM |
|
Thanks for your swift response Duke. You have now proven you come here often to check in. It's great to have you. There are still some cheap coins if you want to pick them up. No one will blame you for doing so.  i'm sure there will be some cheap vidz for you on yobit to pick up, you can grab em on cryptopia too while thye're hot. no one will blame you for holding both 
|
|
|
|
|
|
Pickleninja
|
 |
January 16, 2017, 08:08:26 AM |
|
Wat?! Please don't tell me the wat lady died  I just stumbled upon this coin and it certainly seems interesting but can someone please confirm that it is totally open source code? I ask because I saw some comment a couple of pages back about it being closed source but I'm pretty sure that was just FUD. Also, what's with that other coin, vidz something? Are these 2 coins competing or are there just some similarities? Thanks! yeah you know the "security" features like 2fa are closed source and who knows what else "to prevent theft" but even if there isn't anything malicious in there, it's a bit delusional to think people would want to run a closed source program to manage their money or assets. Wat?! Please don't tell me the wat lady died  I just stumbled upon this coin and it certainly seems interesting but can someone please confirm that it is totally open source code? I ask because I saw some comment a couple of pages back about it being closed source but I'm pretty sure that was just FUD. Also, what's with that other coin, vidz something? Are these 2 coins competing or are there just some similarities? Thanks! Yup she didn't survive 2016. Devs have the torrent as closed source for now... Basically they don't want thieves stealing code, but i heard it will be open source once they establish themselves. Purevidz is a completely different... like apples to oranges comparison and by oranges i mean dildos. They aren't even close to the same yet trolls from Purevidz keep coming here. the problem with open sourcing the 2fa isn't to prevent theft, it's that with it being open source it makes the 2fa pointless because the whole point of it is that there is a "secret" that "secret" is only suppose to be known by your secondary device, usually your phone. In this case though, the "secret" is derived from the password you use to decrypt the wallet meaning with the source being open, you can see how to compute that secret. therefore if you know the wallet password, and how to compute the secret, you can compute the secret, produce yourself a new QR code and scan it and viola you have access to their 2fa now too!! so secure!! That wasn't what i meant by theft. They don't want <insert vtr knockoff> being made at the same time.
|
|
|
|
|
|
pnoch
|
 |
January 16, 2017, 09:16:27 AM |
|
Wat?! Please don't tell me the wat lady died  I just stumbled upon this coin and it certainly seems interesting but can someone please confirm that it is totally open source code? I ask because I saw some comment a couple of pages back about it being closed source but I'm pretty sure that was just FUD. Also, what's with that other coin, vidz something? Are these 2 coins competing or are there just some similarities? Thanks! yeah you know the "security" features like 2fa are closed source and who knows what else "to prevent theft" but even if there isn't anything malicious in there, it's a bit delusional to think people would want to run a closed source program to manage their money or assets. Wat?! Please don't tell me the wat lady died  I just stumbled upon this coin and it certainly seems interesting but can someone please confirm that it is totally open source code? I ask because I saw some comment a couple of pages back about it being closed source but I'm pretty sure that was just FUD. Also, what's with that other coin, vidz something? Are these 2 coins competing or are there just some similarities? Thanks! Yup she didn't survive 2016. Devs have the torrent as closed source for now... Basically they don't want thieves stealing code, but i heard it will be open source once they establish themselves. Purevidz is a completely different... like apples to oranges comparison and by oranges i mean dildos. They aren't even close to the same yet trolls from Purevidz keep coming here. the problem with open sourcing the 2fa isn't to prevent theft, it's that with it being open source it makes the 2fa pointless because the whole point of it is that there is a "secret" that "secret" is only suppose to be known by your secondary device, usually your phone. In this case though, the "secret" is derived from the password you use to decrypt the wallet meaning with the source being open, you can see how to compute that secret. therefore if you know the wallet password, and how to compute the secret, you can compute the secret, produce yourself a new QR code and scan it and viola you have access to their 2fa now too!! so secure!! Please stop posting a complete non-sense about 2FA such as that it will be pointless after open-sourced. You should get yourself some more knowledge on encryption and security system design before thinking you know all about VTR 2FA implementation with your cute imagination. It is not far from saying Bitcoin security is completely pointless since it is open sourced.
|
|
|
|
|
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
|
 |
January 16, 2017, 09:24:19 AM |
|
Thanks for your swift response Duke. You have now proven you come here often to check in. It's great to have you. There are still some cheap coins if you want to pick them up. No one will blame you for doing so.  i'm sure there will be some cheap vidz for you on yobit to pick up, you can grab em on cryptopia too while thye're hot. no one will blame you for holding both  I know you're just here to get some suckers you can dump into, but you do know you are promoting an illegal website so you and anyone else will be hunted down? I'm no lawyer but vTorrent is BitTorrent, perfectly legal software. So don't be that guy on the news for supporting and promoting some crappy illegal website. Download a vTorrent client instead and relax.
|
|
|
|
|
rosso2
Newbie

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
|
 |
January 16, 2017, 01:14:49 PM |
|
Thanks for your swift response Duke. You have now proven you come here often to check in. It's great to have you. There are still some cheap coins if you want to pick them up. No one will blame you for doing so.  i'm sure there will be some cheap vidz for you on yobit to pick up, you can grab em on cryptopia too while thye're hot. no one will blame you for holding both  I know you're just here to get some suckers you can dump into, but you do know you are promoting an illegal website so you and anyone else will be hunted down? I'm no lawyer but vTorrent is BitTorrent, perfectly legal software. So don't be that guy on the news for supporting and promoting some crappy illegal website. Download a vTorrent client instead and relax. Purevidz isn't providing the hosting of the file. streaming has only a temporary file. And they aren't even providing the hosting of torrent file. They're using a protocol of a magnet link. It is something like collection of links.
|
|
|
|
|
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
|
 |
January 16, 2017, 01:38:30 PM |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Wosterlee
|
 |
January 16, 2017, 01:53:01 PM |
|
Purevidz...
It is something like collection of links.
Wow! Such innovation!
|
|
|
|
|
rosso2
Newbie

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
|
 |
January 16, 2017, 02:53:35 PM Last edit: January 16, 2017, 04:07:17 PM by rosso2 |
|
VTR is also a similar one. The main use of VTR will also pay money for an illegal file.  VTR is more direct.
|
|
|
|
|
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
|
 |
January 16, 2017, 07:51:27 PM |
|
Bad Ass 2FA dev  Do you think that 2FA would work with MultiSig? That would make MultiSig super secure  I bet exchanges would spend a fortune implementing that for their offline wallets, especially Bitfinex. You could probably get them to list vTorrent as part of the deal 
|
|
|
|
|
Shy_Bladder
Newbie

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
|
 |
January 17, 2017, 12:51:24 AM |
|
Hey, downloaded the client a couple days ago but it refuses to sync. I'm using a mac btw.
Using Textedit, I added a textfile I called vtorrent.conf into the same folder where the wallet.dat and all those types of files reside. In this vtorrent.conf file I wrote: addnode=vtrseed.cloudns.asia. I also removed the RTF extension on the file.
However when I now try to start the client it just crashes.
Anyone knows how I can solve this problem and get the client to sync?
|
|
|
|
|
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
|
 |
January 17, 2017, 01:18:42 AM |
|
Hey, downloaded the client a couple days ago but it refuses to sync. I'm using a mac btw.
Using Textedit, I added a textfile I called vtorrent.conf into the same folder where the wallet.dat and all those types of files reside. In this vtorrent.conf file I wrote: addnode=vtrseed.cloudns.asia. I also removed the RTF extension on the file.
However when I now try to start the client it just crashes.
Anyone knows how I can solve this problem and get the client to sync?
Try on the Riot thread, it's more interactive and you might find someone on Mac. https://riot.im/app/#/room/#vtorrent:matrix.org(works better with FireFox than Chrome) Scroll up, there are some nodes posted there that should get you started.
|
|
|
|
|
|