Bitcoin Forum
October 02, 2026, 11:31:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436826 times)
magaura
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000



View Profile
February 11, 2017, 11:50:49 AM
 #3621

any news?

alexcrownjr
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 63
Merit: 10


View Profile
February 11, 2017, 12:22:17 PM
 #3622

any news?

hm .. Magura asked about news..I can smell ..money something  Grin
Wosterlee
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 220
Merit: 110


View Profile
February 11, 2017, 01:00:27 PM
 #3623

Wallet 0 has sold 400K, probably pissed off waiting for dev.

I don't think they sold - hasn't been any large sells in the last few days. More likely he has withdrawn 400k from Bittrex.

I've been watching wallet 0 and I can confirm he has withdrawn (not sold) 400K coins.

It would be silly to sell IMO, unless you need the money which means you were overinvested anyway.

PR twitter account was very active last month when the price rose in anticipation of MegaUpload 2.0. 
ik_do
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 522
Merit: 500


View Profile
February 11, 2017, 05:25:59 PM
 #3624

From cypherpunks mailing list:
Quote
Several Pirate Bay users from ISPs all over the world have been
unable to access their favorite torrent site for more than a week.
Their requests are being stopped in the Internet backbone network
of Cogent Communications, which has blackholed the CloudFlare
IP-address of The Pirate Bay and many other torrent and streaming
sites.
When the average Internet user types in a domain name, a request
is sent through a series of networks before it finally reaches the
server of the website. This also applies to The Pirate Bay and other
pirate sites such as Primewire, Movie4k, TorrentProject and
TorrentButler. However, for more than a week now the US-based
backbone provider Cogent has stopped passing on traffic to these
sites. The sites in question all use CloudFlare, which assigned
them the public IP-addresses 104.31.18.30 and 104.31.19.30. While
this can be reached just fine by most people, users attempting to
pass requests through Cogent's network are unable to access them.

https://torrentfreak.com/internet-backbone-provider-cogent-blocks-pirate-bay-and-other-pirate-sites-170209/
https://yro.slashdot.org/story/17/02/10/1443231/internet-backbone-provider-cogent-blocks-pirate-bay-and-other-pirate-sites
https://www.reddit.com/r/torrents/comments/5t6vdu/
https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/5t388q/
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/5t9t0c/
https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/5t356a/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/5t215k/
https://www.reddit.com/r/evolutionReddit/comments/5t1yi8/
https://www.reddit.com/r/UnderReportedNews/comments/5t6z1e/
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13612235
http://archiveteam.org/index.php?title=The_Pirate_Bay
dickwhite
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 225
Merit: 100


View Profile
February 11, 2017, 06:03:51 PM
 #3625

As you guy are probably aware from my last few posts, my patience is wearing thin, I would like to add that if we don't go live after all this time, I am done with this project.

Edit: at the very least show something torrent related.

I guess we'll find out in one month.

I'm not sure what you expect from this project/dev or why you've hung around this long. This is something that hasn't been done before. I'm no coder but I expect the first release to be late and limited in functionality, if it works at all. It may also be buggy and unusable, necessitating further delays and rewrites. Software development is a long, arduous process, and the dev seems more focussed of coding than appeasing impatient investors.

Again, this project is what it is. Progress is slow, methodical, and somewhat shrouded in mystery. But it is progressing, the fundamentals clear. The goal of a torrent platform that incentivizes seeding is appealing and potentially very useful. The decentralized nature can prevent takedowns and censoring. Ease of use will be especially attractive to the less technically minded. I can imagine indie content creators moving from closed, restrictive platforms like Youtube. I see it growing as a portal to unrestricted, high quality, and rare content for those willing to pay a fair price, likely many, many ordinary people. And I see the value of VTR rising with the increased utility and velocity.

However, this will all take time, perhaps even years. But if you've got the foresight to buy while it's cheap, and the patience to trade/hold through this frustrating development process, you may eventually be rewarded handsomely. I know that's why I'm here. Otherwise, wait for the impending hardfork and pump, sell out, and move to another project with better PR.
ik_do
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 522
Merit: 500


View Profile
February 11, 2017, 06:11:41 PM
 #3626

As you guy are probably aware from my last few posts, my patience is wearing thin, I would like to add that if we don't go live after all this time, I am done with this project.

Edit: at the very least show something torrent related.

I guess we'll find out in one month.

I'm not sure what you expect from this project/dev or why you've hung around this long. This is something that hasn't been done before. I'm no coder but I expect the first release to be late and limited in functionality, if it works at all. It may also be buggy and unusable, necessitating further delays and rewrites. Software development is a long, arduous process, and the dev seems more focussed of coding than appeasing impatient investors.

Again, this project is what it is. Progress is slow, methodical, and somewhat shrouded in mystery. But it is progressing, the fundamentals clear. The goal of a torrent platform that incentivizes seeding is appealing and potentially very useful. The decentralized nature can prevent takedowns and censoring. Ease of use will be especially attractive to the less technically minded. I can imagine indie content creators moving from closed, restrictive platforms like Youtube. I see it growing as a portal to unrestricted, high quality, and rare content for those willing to pay a fair price, likely many, many ordinary people. And I see the value of VTR rising with the increased utility and velocity.

However, this will all take time, perhaps even years. But if you've got the foresight to buy while it's cheap, and the patience to trade/hold through this frustrating development process, you may eventually be rewarded handsomely. I know that's why I'm here. Otherwise, wait for the impending hardfork and pump, sell out, and move to another project with better PR.

Agreed 100%
It seems that many projects that have as much innovation take an extreme amount of times; as I've said previously on this thread when it comes to BitTorrent and Bitcoin many have promised and few have delivered.

If it were really that easy I'm sure someone would've released it over the past 7 years of real, workable cryptocurrency.
Instead we have a bunch of competing projects and nothing solid yet--its kinda similar to how everyone expected cryptocurrency to exist but no one over quite a period of time managed to make it actually work until Satoshi stepped in.
Pickleninja
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 242
Merit: 250


View Profile
February 11, 2017, 07:57:02 PM
 #3627

Bought another 3k vtr ... i won't miss $100 if it crashes, but I'll be doing backflips if vtorrent comes through.
dickwhite
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 225
Merit: 100


View Profile
February 12, 2017, 12:06:14 AM
 #3628


Agreed 100%
It seems that many projects that have as much innovation take an extreme amount of times; as I've said previously on this thread when it comes to BitTorrent and Bitcoin many have promised and few have delivered.

If it were really that easy I'm sure someone would've released it over the past 7 years of real, workable cryptocurrency.
Instead we have a bunch of competing projects and nothing solid yet--its kinda similar to how everyone expected cryptocurrency to exist but no one over quite a period of time managed to make it actually work until Satoshi stepped in.

Well said. And this is very much a convolution of technologies in order to solve problems nagging torrent-based clients/platforms, chiefly centralized trackers, takedowns and censorship, virii and malware, IP tracking with dubious lawsuits, lack of content and seeders, etc. Users will be rewarded for uploading and seeding, incentivising reliable, high-quality, available content, all on one secure, decentralized, anonymous platform. I'd like to see a reputation system of sorts added, where trustworthy seeders are recognized accordingly. Hopefully a market of original content will blossom, proving once and for all that artists can make a living without draconian DRM or corporate backing, where fair compensation for one's digital works is possible. I hope to see further add-ons like built-in media playback and live streaming, in-wallet currency exchange, cloud storage, VPN services, and full mobile compatibility. All in good time, as they say.
ik_do
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 522
Merit: 500


View Profile
February 12, 2017, 06:42:49 AM
 #3629

Also worth noting is that Kim is planning on releasing Megaupload 2 / Bitcache in Q4 2017.

So there is no real viable project with anything to offer right now.
coins101
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002



View Profile
February 12, 2017, 03:36:26 PM
 #3630

Also worth noting is that Kim is planning on releasing Megaupload 2 / Bitcache in Q4 2017.

So there is no real viable project with anything to offer right now.

I think JoyStream is getting closer to launching. That project is the most similar to VTR.

The only issue for JoyStream is BTC fees and BTC chain bloat. For its existing investors and the founders, JoyStream is interesting, but no one else can participate until it gets to the point of an IPO, which could be 3-10 years away, at best.

With VTR, you get JoyStream functionality, plus a lot more in terms of privacy, and you get to participate as an investor by just going to Bittrex.  
magaura
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000



View Profile
February 13, 2017, 09:44:52 AM
 #3631

any news?

hm .. Magura asked about news..I can smell ..money something  Grin

lol no I just have a faith in this project.. and yes I'm in.. but waiting for the next uptade.. Smiley

Pickleninja
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 242
Merit: 250


View Profile
February 14, 2017, 01:52:24 PM
 #3632

March 3rd @ 1159am

 Smiley
Cryptoadvice_82
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 329
Merit: 250



View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 05:13:30 PM
 #3633

any news?

hm .. Magura asked about news..I can smell ..money something  Grin

lol no I just have a faith in this project.. and yes I'm in.. but waiting for the next uptade.. Smiley

Hi Magaura, glad to see you here!
Next update should come at block 1300000 with next planned fork but I've seen the new wallet in network several times last weeks, waiting for it recently dev says that is going to add RIOT (anonymous chat similar to slack) in vtorrent wallet



▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ████████████
              ██████████
               ████████
                ██████
                 ████
                  ██
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency  
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|



                   ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌




   ▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███




             ▄████▄▄  
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀




     ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
[
coins101
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002



View Profile
February 14, 2017, 05:25:23 PM
 #3634

----E
----E
----E

...
But we've gone to the trouble of designing the pitch forks now. It'll be hard to stop the crowd from rioting.

----E
----E
----E

bump....

----E
----E
----E
coins101
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002



View Profile
February 14, 2017, 05:29:35 PM
 #3635

March 3rd @ 1159am

 Smiley

How did you work that out?

Ok, you don't have to tell your calculation method as that's probably your own secret sauce.

I get ~ March 16 @ 5am
Pickleninja
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 242
Merit: 250


View Profile
February 15, 2017, 03:10:40 AM
 #3636

March 3rd @ 1159am

 Smiley

How did you work that out?

Ok, you don't have to tell your calculation method as that's probably your own secret sauce.

I get ~ March 16 @ 5am

Ancient Alien secret.
ALCTEC
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 152
Merit: 100


View Profile
February 15, 2017, 06:11:10 AM
 #3637

Scooping up more at these prices
Sv3n
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 6
Merit: 0


View Profile
February 15, 2017, 08:27:11 PM
 #3638

Hi to all VTR supporters, its my first post althought i support already for a year.
Is a smartphone app already discussed?
And with staking POS do i need to be connected all the time? And my staking is not everytime all i Have in wallet.
Where can i find how it works?
I re-read almost all the posts back, but its not all clear.

Thanks in advance.
ik_do
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 522
Merit: 500


View Profile
February 16, 2017, 08:00:21 AM
 #3639

Hi to all VTR supporters, its my first post althought i support already for a year.
Is a smartphone app already discussed?
And with staking POS do i need to be connected all the time? And my staking is not everytime all i Have in wallet.
Where can i find how it works?
I re-read almost all the posts back, but its not all clear.

Thanks in advance.


A smartphone app hasn't really been discussed but has been shown by dev via a YouTube video; its likely given the vision of the project (to be an all inclusive A>Z app that features crypto) that we'll see this at some point though.

If you're PoS staking then yes, you do need to be connected 24/7. Or just when your computer is on.

Generally speaking PoS works upon the age of your coins, so if your coins have been in your wallet for ~7 days (can't remember exact figure) then you would achieve maximum stake. This varies depending on the cryptocurrency you're using.

These aspects of this cryptocurrency are very general to cryptocurrency in general so are featured in several other projects which is why they've never really been discussed at length here; for the most part its assumed that people have some experience of PoS given crypto projects in general.
ALCTEC
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 152
Merit: 100


View Profile
February 16, 2017, 08:09:54 AM
 #3640

Edit. Wrong thread
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 263 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!