Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:38:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541882 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 07:50:04 PM

Hey everyone, so it's looking like we have at least 2 exchanges lined up for the peg. And there might be more who will ask for BTC. As there is really no way around this, I think it would be best if everyone from the community who has a vested interest contribute something. We will need at least 10 BTC for these exchanges however if we can raise more even better considering there are many exchanges that will probably ask similar things. I think it's personally worth it as we have waited 5 years and finally have completed this feature of the rolling peg. I think if everyone made a contribution it could leave us room to negotiate with even more exchanges. It's not my style normally to ask these things however exchanges will always charge (and sometimes they can get pretty expensive).

Of course it is up to each individual person however obviously if everything goes our way it will be worth it. I know we aren't in a bull market right now, but there is no telling when the altcoin industry will boom again and we have the only coin in the world with a decentralized dynamic supply. I'm going to post the address here. Thanks and let me know if there are any questions/suggestions/ideas.

Bitcoin address:
3P45R8RGmdLzjWgucp2X56eAexadNRrJTY

lol...and there it is...

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
3dant

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 08:18:50 PM

Piston Honda, what happened to you...you was a positive person once, I took your advice and it paid off.
All i see you post nowadays is crap (sorry, it has to be said).....your like a dude going from party to party standing in the middle of the room and
shouting this party is shit....grab a drink, mingle...get your crypto mojo back...or not... Tongue
shaydinblue

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 10:11:50 PM

@Piston Honda - I saw your transformation from supporter to persistent troll. I'm guessing you sold and regret it? Not too late to buy back in, it's actually a good time to jump back on the train. Or be a hater for the rest of your life, up to you...
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 11:35:18 PM

Hey everyone, so it's looking like we have at least 2 exchanges lined up for the peg. And there might be more who will ask for BTC. As there is really no way around this, I think it would be best if everyone from the community who has a vested interest contribute something. We will need at least 10 BTC for these exchanges however if we can raise more even better considering there are many exchanges that will probably ask similar things. I think it's personally worth it as we have waited 5 years and finally have completed this feature of the rolling peg. I think if everyone made a contribution it could leave us room to negotiate with even more exchanges. It's not my style normally to ask these things however exchanges will always charge (and sometimes they can get pretty expensive).

Of course it is up to each individual person however obviously if everything goes our way it will be worth it. I know we aren't in a bull market right now, but there is no telling when the altcoin industry will boom again and we have the only coin in the world with a decentralized dynamic supply. I'm going to post the address here. Thanks and let me know if there are any questions/suggestions/ideas.

Bitcoin address:

lol...and there it is...

We have been paying out of pocket for the past 4 years. Donations aren't required we will list regardless. It's that simply every single exchange will come back at us with a 3-15 btc cover charge. LAToken wants 7, BTC-Alpha 2.5 and IDAX 15. So actually just even getting a single Bitcoin would be helpful because this is going to wipe us out. We also have to be careful because OEX just stole 3 BTC from us. They said they would list and didn't. We can't risk that again. Otherwise would put exchanges on double deposit escrow which might turn them away from negotiations.

Personally I think exchanges should list us for free. What we created here is a coin that can reverse a bear market. It's crazy what this peg can do. So to be honest I don't know why BAY isn't on 100s of exchanges with this peg. It's a million times better than what Basis wanted to do and we did it while they raised 100 million for vaporware(and then they bailed on it). So trying to get a couple Bitcoins is trivial. IEO scams raise a million bucks and we are scraping with tech in hand. It's sad that we are even in a grind at all and most likely I'm gonna have to front the majority of the costs. I prefer not asking however it's absolutely worth it to see who would like to pitch in. If they don't, we will list somewhere anyways even if I've got to fly all around the world to get the connections.
Blockchain Mechanic

Activity: 380
Merit: 103

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 09:40:56 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2019, 04:52:13 AM by Blockchain Mechanic

Bitcoin address:

lol...and there it is...

We have been paying out of pocket for the past 4 years. Donations aren't required we will list regardless. It's that simply every single exchange will come back at us with a 3-15 btc cover charge. LAToken wants 7, BTC-Alpha 2.5 and IDAX 15. So actually just even getting a single Bitcoin would be helpful because this is going to wipe us out. We also have to be careful because OEX just stole 3 BTC from us. They said they would list and didn't. We can't risk that again. Otherwise would put exchanges on double deposit escrow which might turn them away from negotiations.

Personally I think exchanges should list us for free. What we created here is a coin that can reverse a bear market. It's crazy what this peg can do. So to be honest I don't know why BAY isn't on 100s of exchanges with this peg. It's a million times better than what Basis wanted to do and we did it while they raised 100 million for vaporware(and then they bailed on it). So trying to get a couple Bitcoins is trivial. IEO scams raise a million bucks and we are scraping with tech in hand. It's sad that we are even in a grind at all and most likely I'm gonna have to front the majority of the costs. I prefer not asking however it's absolutely worth it to see who would like to pitch in. If they don't, we will list somewhere anyways even if I've got to fly all around the world to get the connections.

These are disturbing trends I have noticed, people throw tons of money at projects with nothing but a whitepaper and have no interest in supporting projects with an actual product. Another is the high prices exchanges are asking for coin listings. Why the hell would you need even 3 BTC to list a coin ? I have been working on my own project :- Xequium for a while and have been hearing stuff like this a lot lately.

Xequium has an in built exchange , follow the link for screenshots, it will have a robust api to rival or beat all existing ones, yet i do not think that i would charge such exorbitant amounts. Maybe because it is my first time running an exchange , but i think that is way too much. See below for a proposed cost breakdown :-

Here is how I calculated the costs for the unique wallets setup :-

For every coin :-

1x rock pi 4 model b starter kit, storage and shipping- $263.23

For every 48 coins :-

1x 48 port managed switch ~ $800

For all coins :-

1x UPS/APS  - ~ $8000 (haven't asked about shipping and used would be cheaper but less reliable and probably no recourse in case of failure)

1 custom server cabinet to hold all the hardware :- price unknown but should be < $1000

So per coin i am looking at a hardware cost of  ~ $ 300 (excluding the UPS and cabinet)

I'll add $100 for labour and even tack on an additional $50 for stuff like handling a swap/hard-fork. Add an internet cost of $50 for uncapped bandwidth and for electricity and cooling.

That comes to a cost of $500 to add a coin. 0.06 BTC at today's price. So even in greedy mode, if i go at 0.1 BTC per listing i'm still charging 1/30th of what i hear other exchanges charge.

So what am i missing ? How come they charge so much ?

Equality vs Equity...
Discord :- BlockMechanic#8560
shaydinblue

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 11:52:42 PM

people can be greedy sometimes. Binance charges something like 250k for a listing, wowzers...
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 01:01:58 AM

Well listing BAY requires a thousand or so lines of code they have to add. However for the exchanges who net multi-millions per year it should be trivial. It shocks me to see some of the nonsense that gets listed in 100+ exchanges, it seems like a mafia of sorts. I'm not sure the exchanges we are talking to care either way it's just another way to make a buck. I wish they could understand how powerful the peg really is. However if they are bank owned indirectly, that might explain why some of them act the way they do.
Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2019, 12:48:53 PM

Anyone who can send coins, please do! currently re-syncing the wallet for better performance.

BP1tctq9XooKNLwgfMUG8YVH73FsmsLgqy

Equality vs Equity...
tradersnow

Activity: 90
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 05:22:44 PM

Well listing BAY requires a thousand or so lines of code they have to add.

Is that including the peg?
Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 05:31:18 PM

Listing BAY as a coin seems simple enough. What are these extra lines for , the peg ? if so lin some tech specification or example and i can work it in.

Equality vs Equity...
BitBayDoc

Activity: 193

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 07:48:37 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2019, 08:56:19 PM by BitBayDoc

@Blockchain Mechanic - What the hell are you doing? Are you soliciting coin for your own benefit on a BAY thread?!?  Not Cool.

ALERT - *Blockchain Mechanic* IS A FRAUD AND A TROLL!

I think you are a distracting troll.  David Z put up an address for contributions to help our cause above, and then you come right back with a ton of information about what YOU are doing; and then ask for a contribution to your own project - which is confusing to people that want to contribute to BAY.  Again... not cool.

So... as a huge investor in BAY I am asking Munti to BAN you permanently from this thread.

We don't want you taking up our time or space with your "project" or begging for contributions for your cause when we have our own contribution drive going on to list with more exchanges. Please go away and troll somewhere else.

Bay is kicking ass with the Marketplace in beta testing and the Peg is done!
We have accomplished what we set out to do and have the most feature rich crypto on the planet.
We must be over the target, as that is when frauds and trolls like Blockchain Mechanic come out of the sewers.
Invest in TRULY DE-CENTRALIZED BITBAY and BE FREE!
 https://bitbay.market/wall-of-features

Official Bitcoin (BTC) address for contributions to list BAY on exchanges for peg implementation:
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 05:54:35 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2019, 06:11:10 AM by dzimbeck

Doc, judging from Blockchain Mechanic's comment history I don't think it's a troll. It seems like might be interested in BitBay. However, it was probably not entirely appropriate to post an address while we are also raising funds for exchange listings. Anyways, so far we still need funds for listings. LAtoken, IDAX and BTC-Alpha won't be the only ones who ask. So any ideas and assistance would be appreciated. If our peg can also have high volume then it's basically unstoppable in my humble opinion. dynamicpeg.com is tracking the price beautifully at whatever the algorithm sets.

Official Bitcoin (BTC) address for contributions to list BAY on exchanges for peg implementation:
raisinbran

Activity: 64
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 02:28:53 AM

Is dzimbeck or anybody else at BAY pursuing iron clad software and/or process patents for the peg stuff?
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 08:26:00 AM

Is dzimbeck or anybody else at BAY pursuing iron clad software and/or process patents for the peg stuff?

Perhaps, however honestly I don't believe in patents or owning ideas or names. I considered it years ago for DDE however changed my mind. Everything should be open source. Also patents are hard to enforce.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 08:48:55 AM

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Listing BAY as a coin seems simple enough. What are these extra lines for , the peg ? if so lin some tech specification or example and i can work it in.

It has to track the supply changes. For example if a user has coins that freeze/switch to reserve on the exchange then their trade balance will change. If the exchange does not track this, then withdraws will not be correct or in some cases not possible (when trying to withdraw reserve or frozen funds instead of liquid). Thus, all trades must be calculated in which shards of liquidity are being moved. Balances also must be adjusted when marketcap is dropped by force. For example if a user has 1000 coins at 100% when the peg starts and it drops 50% then the exchange must reflect 500 coins liquid and 500 coins reserve. This assumes he has full range of liquidity. This will also effect the orderbook, dropping orders by a certain amount if the user no longer has the liquid funds. There is some other details as well.

It's what goes on under the hood, for now it's about 1000 lines of code and direct connection to bitbayd to calculate liquidity. The peg data is stored with the exchanges database. We have already the code, the sample of how it's integrated on dynamicpeg.com and some API docs. We are preparing more as well. It's not too hard to integrate for a gifted coder, they should just look at our demo exchange.

Why/who deleted the above post?
Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2019, 09:11:46 AM

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

It has to track the supply changes. For example if a user has coins that freeze/switch to reserve on the exchange then their trade balance will change. If the exchange does not track this, then withdraws will not be correct or in some cases not possible (when trying to withdraw reserve or frozen funds instead of liquid). Thus, all trades must be calculated in which shards of liquidity are being moved. Balances also must be adjusted when marketcap is dropped by force. For example if a user has 1000 coins at 100% when the peg starts and it drops 50% then the exchange must reflect 500 coins liquid and 500 coins reserve. This assumes he has full range of liquidity. This will also effect the orderbook, dropping orders by a certain amount if the user no longer has the liquid funds. There is some other details as well.

It's what goes on under the hood, for now it's about 1000 lines of code and direct connection to bitbayd to calculate liquidity. The peg data is stored with the exchanges database. We have already the code, the sample of how it's integrated on dynamicpeg.com and some API docs. We are preparing more as well. It's not too hard to integrate for a gifted coder, they should just look at our demo exchange.

Why/who deleted the above post?

Also got notifications of deleted post

Equality vs Equity...
BitBayDoc

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 08:14:59 PM

I do believe we are finally going to start catching up with the rest of the bull market here soon, as the volume has picked up nicely at times.

I remember when BAY was in the top 50 about 2 years ago...  That was a great feeling.
It's been tough going, but I personally have used this bear market to keep stacking.

Blockchain ain't goin' no where soon. And BAY should be a leading beacon of hope for peoples and nations to be free.
It's all here... people just need to walk through the proverbial door to freedom.
At BAY one can create their own truly decentralized marketplace to buy, sell or trade anything without a middleman. Wow...

Me personally - if the price keeps going lower, whatever... I'm stacking.
BitBayDoc

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 04:52:27 AM

Facebook is coming out with their own Centralized crypto I see.

Ironic since they prohibit crypto advertising on their site.  Sad
So... No Thank You, Facebook Track Everything Social Profile Mark of the Zuckerberg Beast Coin. lol

I'm Stackin' that DECENTRALIZED / ANONYMOUS / NO MIDDLEMAN / SELL ANYTHING NOW / https://bitbay.market/wall-of-features BAY Coin, Baby... Smiley
cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 10:20:02 PM

Facebook is coming out with their own Centralized crypto I see.

Ironic since they prohibit crypto advertising on their site.  Sad
So... No Thank You, Facebook Track Everything Social Profile Mark of the Zuckerberg Beast Coin. lol

I'm Stackin' that DECENTRALIZED / ANONYMOUS / NO MIDDLEMAN / SELL ANYTHING NOW / https://bitbay.market/wall-of-features BAY Coin, Baby... Smiley

They will help with mainstream adoption, but I agree with you. THey have a much bigger hidden agenda. Their biggest money maker is selling data to 3rd parties.
This will just give them more options to steal privacy for profit

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
cpjdekker

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 02:06:04 PM

Hi, I just registered to ask a burning question that I've had for a while.

Who and how many people are actively doing marketing and promotion? Get to it! Snowflakes are covering this project up. Programming is solid, you guys are doing an amazing job, keep at it. But just add to it.

Bitbay is unfortunately not going to show itself. Where's the campaining?
Pages: « 1 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: