Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:58:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
soulace

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:13:05 PM

I had a quick question, is there a difference in staking rewards or behavior between the qt client and the market client?

Well the markets client breaks for change and splits your account into denominations. So I think if you have a lot of coins you are more likely to get consecutive stakes. You could certainly do the same thing though in the QT manually by sending yourself coins a few times. With a smaller balance then they should be pretty similar.

Hey David, what would you consider a lot of coins to be the minimum for using the market client over qt ? 100K? 250K? 500K?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:49:21 AM

I had a quick question, is there a difference in staking rewards or behavior between the qt client and the market client?

Well the markets client breaks for change and splits your account into denominations. So I think if you have a lot of coins you are more likely to get consecutive stakes. You could certainly do the same thing though in the QT manually by sending yourself coins a few times. With a smaller balance then they should be pretty similar.

Hey David, what would you consider a lot of coins to be the minimum for using the market client over qt ? 100K? 250K? 500K?

Yeah how much something means to someone is relative. The markets client is higher security. But for me personally, over 250k would be a good amount to consider the extra security of two keys. Just remember with the higher security comes the responsibility of good backup and caring for your keys.
Cryptodingdong

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:00:28 PM

Funds did come in to Bitbay we have had volume over 40 million daily and have broken all of our records including in satoshis. You have to realize that 150 Billion comes in proportion to the project. If Bitcoin grows 10% it gains billions on "paper". If BitBay grows 10% it gets another 30 million or so on paper.

As for timeline of course, we work very hard and have had a reputation to deliver on features. I think the updated roadmap was recently released.

Thank you Mr. Zimbeck for all you work and answers! If I seem impatient, its not because I am impatient for returns, these will come and I dont worry. Even with us getting our legs lobbed off, I know it will be ok. My concern is simply someone else beating us to market, even with an inferior product, but flashy marketing. I know you work extremely hard! I dont not question that at all. But man I've seen many brilliant ideas get lost...  The most important thing for me - which I consider part of the marketing - is to get the bay from desk-top, to interactive.

Example and this is a real example, not hypothetical - I'm a tech idiot, hence my name. I go to the website, and I want to sell a Mattias Heinicke 1923 Bohemian violin. I mean this thing is cherry, 99-98% condition, custom built for my great grandfather. Its 2 steps down from a Stratovarius. My grandmother really needs the money, and I'm thinking what better place to sell internationally. Well, I go to the bitbay website, and nowhere do I see where to actually list my item. So I call my multi-millionaire friend, he says I have to download the Client. Now if I didnt have my friend, I would have left. The front page should say in huge letters: DOWNLOAD THE CLIENT TO USE THE BUY/SELL FUNCTION". Thats not on there, marketing problem.

So I try to download it, I get all sorts of errors, saying I have to disable this and that before it can install. I dont know how to do all that, I'm an old HVAC business man, but a tech ding-dong. So I've never been able to download it, and now I gotta find a different way to sell the violin. So people have to go through alot of trouble to use the feature that makes Bitbay, Bitbay. Huge marketing problem, I'd say Achilles heel. You know many others are also working on similar products, and they may have deeper pockets. I know its a huge step and I know you want to do it, but if you can make the marketplace interactive like ebay, then 10,000 sats is a blip on the screen.

Cheers my friend!
Cryptodingdong

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:28:08 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 01:57:35 AM by Cryptodingdong

PS what is fud?

cheers!
Cryptodingdong

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:59:26 PM

I see you are looking for a Greek translator, I'm your man! Let me know anything you want me to do  Cool Cool
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:52:00 AM

Funds did come in to Bitbay we have had volume over 40 million daily and have broken all of our records including in satoshis. You have to realize that 150 Billion comes in proportion to the project. If Bitcoin grows 10% it gains billions on "paper". If BitBay grows 10% it gets another 30 million or so on paper.

As for timeline of course, we work very hard and have had a reputation to deliver on features. I think the updated roadmap was recently released.

Thank you Mr. Zimbeck for all you work and answers! If I seem impatient, its not because I am impatient for returns, these will come and I dont worry. Even with us getting our legs lobbed off, I know it will be ok. My concern is simply someone else beating us to market, even with an inferior product, but flashy marketing. I know you work extremely hard! I dont not question that at all. But man I've seen many brilliant ideas get lost...  The most important thing for me - which I consider part of the marketing - is to get the bay from desk-top, to interactive.

Example and this is a real example, not hypothetical - I'm a tech idiot, hence my name. I go to the website, and I want to sell a Mattias Heinicke 1923 Bohemian violin. I mean this thing is cherry, 99-98% condition, custom built for my great grandfather. Its 2 steps down from a Stratovarius. My grandmother really needs the money, and I'm thinking what better place to sell internationally. Well, I go to the bitbay website, and nowhere do I see where to actually list my item. So I call my multi-millionaire friend, he says I have to download the Client. Now if I didnt have my friend, I would have left. The front page should say in huge letters: DOWNLOAD THE CLIENT TO USE THE BUY/SELL FUNCTION". Thats not on there, marketing problem.

So I try to download it, I get all sorts of errors, saying I have to disable this and that before it can install. I dont know how to do all that, I'm an old HVAC business man, but a tech ding-dong. So I've never been able to download it, and now I gotta find a different way to sell the violin. So people have to go through alot of trouble to use the feature that makes Bitbay, Bitbay. Huge marketing problem, I'd say Achilles heel. You know many others are also working on similar products, and they may have deeper pockets. I know its a huge step and I know you want to do it, but if you can make the marketplace interactive like ebay, then 10,000 sats is a blip on the screen.

Cheers my friend!

Well first of all if you had any problems installing and had to disable antivirus or something blocking it that is typical. The software was made with the consideration of your security, privacy, anonymity, resistances to hacks, etc.

Unfortunately antivirus software tends to block peer to peer software and python unjustly. I don't actually use them for that any many other reasons as they don't seem to prevent any security holes and slow down the system and send private data to 3rd parties.

With that said, the reason I didn't start with a web app is because the blockchain and all the sysetms this runs to literally run where this thing would still work in an apocalypse is not conducive to web apps.

Web has much lower security in general. However, I have long known that people will sacrifice some security for utility and thus indeed Bitbay should be something anyone can host a webpage and see the listings. To bridge both systems is unorthodox and a pretty big coding task. I've been trying to get it to that level as it would indeed be the first of it's kind. We have new people looking at breaking it into sections and getting that done. The security model is very different. We also have taken a much more aggressive stance in marketing as well lately.

Also you must realize there is a liability factor. Peer to peer systems are superior in this regard because users are responsible for their own actions. In the case of unbreakable peer to peer contracts there is a mild conflict of interest if this thing isn't engineered so that anyone can host it and that users security is all on the front end.

It can look the way you describe but it's not an overnight process.

Also the word "FUD" means "Fear, uncertainty, doubt". It can at times apply to a person who tries to attack a project or propagandize it for ulterior motives. It can also mean that something is unjustly negatively hyped, that sort of thing.

Also Greek translations... sure. I'm not the one who does the recruiting. Simply ask Aletha on Slack or perhaps they can contact you here if they still need someone.
j4y_naKomodo

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:22:19 AM

Greetings, friends at BitBay!

Now that Komodo Platform has a stable GUI available on mainnet for our BarterDEX decentralized exchange, allowing the average user to trade peer-to-peer via atomic swap with 80+ Bitcoin-protocol cryptocurrencies, we aim to expand the reach of our decentralized and open-source solutions and unite the coin communites -

• ATOMIC Swap trading following Noel Tiernan's protocol
  • Control your own funds, maximizing security and privacy
  • Automatic orderbook matching, trading p2p
  • Integrate and List your coin for free
  • Set up SPV electrum server, allowing users to trade your coin without downloading the entire blockchain
  • Anyone can become a market maker or dedicated liquidity provider, pairing your coin with any other 80+ featured coin and allowing traders around the globe to access your coin
  • Native trade bots can automatically buy low and sell high, allowing low and high volume traders to provide liqudity 24 hours a day

>> BarterDEX protocol (wp/git) >>

The following requirements are necessary for an easy integration:
  • bitcoin protocol
  • CLTV (bip 65) support
  • gettxout and importaddress rpc calls
  • and 8 digits for one coin

What does a non-Bitcoin/zCash-protocl coin need to do to make atomic swaps possible on BarterDEX?

Quote from: jl777B, lead Developer at Komodo Platform
"the code to do all this is quite complicated and I assumed a bitcoin protocol coin, but it is possible to do the atomic swaps even if only 2of2 multisig is supported. So i guess a bitcoin protocol emulator for the subset of rpc calls that I use and at least a 2of2 multisig, but preferably CLTV mechanism to be able to handle both sides of the trade... this would require making changes to the existing barterDEX code, unless the bitcoin protocol emulator is really, really good and it actually works as a bitcoin protocol coin via rpc calls"

Our goal is to  integrate as many cryptocurrencies into our ecosystem as possible, providing end-users with unparalleled privacy and control of their funds! The developers of Komodo Platform would be more than happy to assist with integration into the ecosystem. Please send me a DM if you are interested in joining our decentralized exchange!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:55:33 PM

PS what is fud?

cheers!

FUD when most people use it really refers to

Facts Uncovering Deception

although they try to tell you they mean

Fear uncertainty and doubt

This board is full of stuff like that and youll soon get used to it.

Welcome to bitbay anyway at least you manage to find this thread amongst the pages and pages of utter trash here.

jnet1.co

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:01:59 PM

I downloaded the BitBay QT wallet on their website, and sent BAY there from my Bittrex account. It has not reach my wallet. What can I do?
Cryptodingdong

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:52:40 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 11:15:02 PM by Cryptodingdong

Thank you Mr. Zimbeck for all you work and answers! If I seem impatient, its not because I am impatient for returns, these will come and I dont worry. Even with us getting our legs lobbed off, I know it will be ok. My concern is simply someone else beating us to market, even with an inferior product, but flashy marketing. I know you work extremely hard! I dont not question that at all. But man I've seen many brilliant ideas get lost...  The most important thing for me - which I consider part of the marketing - is to get the bay from desk-top, to interactive.

Cheers my friend!

Well first of all if you had any problems installing and had to disable antivirus or something blocking it that is typical. The software was made with the consideration of your security, privacy, anonymity, resistances to hacks, etc.

Unfortunately antivirus software tends to block peer to peer software and python unjustly. I don't actually use them for that any many other reasons as they don't seem to prevent any security holes and slow down the system and send private data to 3rd parties.

With that said, the reason I didn't start with a web app is because the blockchain and all the sysetms this runs to literally run where this thing would still work in an apocalypse is not conducive to web apps.

Web has much lower security in general. However, I have long known that people will sacrifice some security for utility and thus indeed Bitbay should be something anyone can host a webpage and see the listings. To bridge both systems is unorthodox and a pretty big coding task. I've been trying to get it to that level as it would indeed be the first of it's kind. We have new people looking at breaking it into sections and getting that done. The security model is very different. We also have taken a much more aggressive stance in marketing as well lately.

Also you must realize there is a liability factor. Peer to peer systems are superior in this regard because users are responsible for their own actions. In the case of unbreakable peer to peer contracts there is a mild conflict of interest if this thing isn't engineered so that anyone can host it and that users security is all on the front end.

It can look the way you describe but it's not an overnight process.

Also the word "FUD" means "Fear, uncertainty, doubt". It can at times apply to a person who tries to attack a project or propagandize it for ulterior motives. It can also mean that something is unjustly negatively hyped, that sort of thing.

Also Greek translations... sure. I'm not the one who does the recruiting. Simply ask Aletha on Slack or perhaps they can contact you here if they still need someone.

Fascinating! sure looks as if you are approaching everything holisticly and methodicaly. And this is why I'm all into Bitbay. I'll go look up Slack, I guess there is a Bitbay thread there? Let me see if you guys still need a Hellene  Cool  Thanks again friend  Smiley

Cheers!
Cryptodingdong

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:05:33 PM

Mr. Zimbek - about the downloading the client and interfierence issues, I'm not sure it was the AV that blocked me, I'll try again and tell you specificaly. But this is the main issue I see with BB. The main purpose is to have a decentralized trading platform that everyone can use. But it has to be idiot friendly, so even I can use it. If it stays how it is now, only (relatively) hard-core techies will use it. But if its interactive like alibaba, it will go mainstream... and I think we can all imagine the customer base that you will have at that point!!
Cryptodingdong

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:40:05 PM

PS what is fud?

cheers!

FUD when most people use it really refers to

Facts Uncovering Deception

although they try to tell you they mean

Fear uncertainty and doubt

This board is full of stuff like that and youll soon get used to it.

Welcome to bitbay anyway at least you manage to find this thread amongst the pages and pages of utter trash here.

And thank you Cryptohunter for the welcome, looks like I'm in fine company Cool So crypto hunter, looks as if you've been around a few cycles, how do you see this down turn were in? For me and others newbs its a grave, for you old-times it doesnt matter much lol. But what do you think about Bay in the next 1-3 months?

Cheers
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:01:22 AM

I downloaded the BitBay QT wallet on their website, and sent BAY there from my Bittrex account. It has not reach my wallet. What can I do?

Are you fully synchronized? When did you download the wallet? How many connections to the network? Do you have a TXID from Bittrex? What is the wallet address and can you see the coins at chainz.cryptoid.info/bay ?!
Provizor-071

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:07:01 PM

tell me, what is the difference between this decentralized market and Syscoin (SYS). And also between the new one - https://crowdsale.storiqa.com/
Cryptodingdong

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:26:58 PM

So Mr. Dave, I went to login to slack, and after I gave my info it wants me to create a typeform. Am I at the right place? Do I have to do this to get in? Do you have to invite me?
Cryptodingdong

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:46:37 PM

Mr. Dave, So another suggestion of the marketing front - you were explaining to me about the various issues one can encounter with installing/downloading/using the Client. Even if you do nothing else and keep the Client how it is, it would IMO be wise to have instruction and directions for its instalation and use, and the potential download and instalation issues as well as solutions for them. Once it is more user friendly, then the advertizing will work much beter. Because if you do ads now and succeed to bring people to the site, and then they have to figure a bunch of issues out before they can even proceed, people will be turned off and leave. So its best to have as much help as possible ready to assist the potential user in installing and using.

And of course, a good and succesful product will advertize itself. Once people are succesfuly using the client, they will tell others, plus marketing will bring more people in who will see its succesful, and you will develope a virtuous cycle.
Lisk-investor

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

Lisk the future is bright!

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:04:54 PM

Bitbay is doing great.
Buying every month extra bitbay just to support.

Cool Cool

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:47:07 AM

So Mr. Dave, I went to login to slack, and after I gave my info it wants me to create a typeform. Am I at the right place? Do I have to do this to get in? Do you have to invite me?

We have an invite form on our website for Slack. The invites are manual to prevent bots so when you put your info in the form within the day someone should add you. We have a FAQ and it used to be a section on our site specifically with any troubleshooting. There is also training videos which we used to link at the OP. After the rebrand some content was removed and I've asked our web guy to add it back. Also yeah we of course want to have a full web front end for this. For now at least we do have the web wallet on our site for people who want to simply store coins without a download.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:56:55 AM

tell me, what is the difference between this decentralized market and Syscoin (SYS). And also between the new one - https://crowdsale.storiqa.com/

Well because we have a working product that actually exists and has been used for many years. Obviously it makes no sense to support a crowdsale without a product... people shouldn't be getting money without actually doing hard work. And as for SYS there is many threads talking about that... to be honest there is no comparison. BitBay has many more features. In fact we have a "wall of features"  https://bitbay.market/wall-of-features

That wall isn't even the full list either. We have exotic spend like freezing, switches, hash puzzles and time locks fully integrated, notary with notifications, tons of features under the hood and the cash for coins template.

Unlike other projects we are not limited to sales of goods, unbreakable contracts have extremely strong use case in employment, barter, cash for coins, and any type of contract you can think of.

And this is by far the main advantage. We don't have escrow and SYS does. So does Open Bazaar. Escrow is a very dangerous and weak system responsible for a majority of theft and loss seen today. Like on many E-bay scams the buyers or sellers get hurt when a product isn't as described, damaged, or an empty box. The arbiters must guess as to who is right and they commonly punish innocent people. Our contracts are a two party escrow system where both parties put their funds in a joint account and if they lie to each other they lose.

We were also the first smart contracting platform in the world before Ethereum (BitHalo) and the first decentralized markets and will soon most likely be the first moving peg. And that peg is also another major advantage which is an entirely separate subject.
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:59:54 AM

v2.0.0.0-g32a928e

Is this the correct version # for the new QT wallet? Downloaded it from the website, looks like the one I had installed.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: