Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:57:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:07:42 PM

muahahahaha..i just realized that this is up since 2014..rookie spotted  Grin still new on this crypto thing.
Sure, let us know if you have any questions or check out our forum, slack or bitbay.market

Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ig700

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:10:08 PM

Hi,

An dumb question guys,

How i uninstall in windows 64bits the old bitbay wallet? bitbay-qt

Thank you

I just want to uninstall to install the new wallet.

The old QT wallet is simple the executable. Deleting it will uninstall it. However there are files stored in the folder c:\users\(your user name)\appdata\roaming\bitbay

However just remember in that folder is wallet.dat which contains your account so make sure to back that up or move funds out of that wallet before you intend on deleting that folder.

Thanks man, right now my BAYs are in the exchange and delete the files from the old wallet.

CryptoSceptic

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:01:49 PM

Hello, I really like this project but have some questions:

1. You have listed many job positions but it is still hard to distinguish, at least for me, how many active coders are working on this project?
2. Any plans to market the product to a broader audience if so when we can expect that (don't see this on the road map)?
3. What do you think about your competition and why do you think your solution will win? I am mainly asking about ZCoin which already got a lot of recognition and has decentralized marked on their road map but feel free to also comment briefly on any other projects.
4. Is this project fully open source?
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:23:32 PM

Hello, I really like this project but have some questions:

1. You have listed many job positions but it is still hard to distinguish, at least for me, how many active coders are working on this project?
2. Any plans to market the product to a broader audience if so when we can expect that (don't see this on the road map)?
3. What do you think about your competition and why do you think your solution will win? I am mainly asking about ZCoin which already got a lot of recognition and has decentralized marked on their road map but feel free to also comment briefly on any other projects.
4. Is this project fully open source?

Yes it's open source. However on the Python Markets/Halo client we change variable names to prevent easy cloning. Our decentralized markets exist. Other projects only have it on their roadmap as you have said. Also our markets are the best because we don't use arbitration. Arbitration on an anonymous crypto is a bad idea. They don't have vested interest and their judgement will be a coin toss causing loss for users, they can also collude and steal escrows or escrow their own deals by luck, and crypto is non-reversible.

Thus we have the tried and tested double deposit escrow AKA unbreakable contracts where both parties place a deposit of some size and both lose if one of them tries to cheat the deal. It's a "Halo handshake" like a self insured escrow. This is a huge feature because it can really benefit any industry (what industry doesn't benefit from an unbreakable contract)

We do market this however we are still building the team. Right now there is a lot of people helping to improve our marketing.

We have a bounty list and most of them are for marketing. However I'm the only coder who works on the core Markets Client (I started working on this 4 years ago in BitHalo). We have another coder who does JavaScript and some of the side projects like the poker site, the web wallet, the block explorer.

And then we have a couple volunteer coders who are doing things like the Bitmessage relay. And we also have one more coder who has worked on a new UI for QT and a dedicated Mac Wallet that isn't Wine.
CryptoSceptic

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:48:48 PM

Thank you very much for the response. I like the premise of this product but the lack of marketing really worries me the most. It wouldn't be the first nor the last time when a good, if not superior, product losses because of that reason. Going long on this!

Edit:
After posting this I have realized I might come as a shill. Oh well you just had a FUD guy so I can be a shill guy  Grin.
easypeasy

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:39:50 AM

Thank you very much for the response. I like the premise of this product but the lack of marketing really worries me the most. It wouldn't be the first nor the last time when a good, if not superior, product losses because of that reason. Going long on this!

Edit:
After posting this I have realized I might come as a shill. Oh well you just had a FUD guy so I can be a shill guy  Grin.

You're or anyone's opinion are always welcome friend especially when conveyed in such a manner, glad to hear your long on bitbay, wise move i think
CryptoSceptic

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:04:24 PM

However I'm the only coder who works on the core Markets Client (I started working on this 4 years ago in BitHalo).

I have some follow up questions. Since you are the only coder how maintainable is your code? Are you the only one who has the unobscured source code?
BrechREiZ

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:22:57 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2018, 02:59:00 PM by BrechREiZ

Has anyone ever tried to use the RPC commands of the wallet?
It tried both bitbay-qt and bitbayd (newest github clone), and everytime I send a request I only get "empty responses".

This is what I send:
Code:
curl -u bitbayrpc:BBZP3Q4MqWqksU -X post -d '{"id": "0", "method":"getinfo",  "params": []}' -H 'content-type: application/json' http://127.0.0.1:25001
Curl always reports:
Code:
curl: (52) Empty reply from server
I tried GET and POST and digest auth. Everytime same behaviour.  Huh

The same Curl command works for many other currency wallets, only bitbay is making problems.

The port is configurated in bitbay.conf and netstat is showing bitbay listening on this port, so to that point everthing seems to be correct.
Looks like either a problem in my command or a problem in bitbay wallet RPC implementation?
But other wallets from other currencies would also respond an adequate JSON encoded error message in the case the given command is invalid. Bitbay just does nothing.
Gatorelf

Activity: 845
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:59:00 PM

Bay is rocken now,  might make a stellar move in the coming days
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:17:25 PM

I don't even consider bay recognised until 10k sats

then appreciated at 15k- 20k sats

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:12:16 PM

However I'm the only coder who works on the core Markets Client (I started working on this 4 years ago in BitHalo).

I have some follow up questions. Since you are the only coder how maintainable is your code? Are you the only one who has the unobscured source code?

Great question, I have the entire code memorized and know where everything is. There is a couple very trusted members of the community who have a copy of the full code in case anything happens to me and they also have the whitepaper of my peg so a coder would know the way to do it.

With that said, my code is all in one file. It could really use a refactor and even be broken up into a library of extremely useful crypto tools. Since the software does so much other coders would benefit a lot from the techniques used. I would like to see a team of coders eventually rewrite it in JavaScript.

When I add things to the code I have to work with 50k lines of tedious changing and testing. I work slowly for that reason, careful to avoid typos. When I'm done we will give it to a team of skilled python coders who will rewrite and refactor it so it's nice and modular. It's worth noting that we are working with a strong coder right now who is doing some c++ and GUI work. So we are in the process of building up our team now that things are going well.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:17:45 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 10:28:43 PM by dzimbeck

It tried both bitbay-qt and bitbayd (newest github clone), and everytime I send a request I only get "empty responses".

This is what I send:
Code:
curl -u bitbayrpc:BBZP3Q4MqWqksU -X post -d '{"id": "0", "method":"getinfo",  "params": []}' -H 'content-type: application/json' http://127.0.0.1:25001
Curl always reports:
Code:

The same Curl command works for many other currency wallets, only bitbay is making problems.

The port is configurated in bitbay.conf and netstat is showing bitbay listening on this port, so to that point everthing seems to be correct.
Looks like either a problem in my command or a problem in bitbay wallet RPC implementation?
But other wallets from other currencies would also respond an adequate JSON encoded error message in the case the given command is invalid. Bitbay just does nothing.

Hmm good question. Well I run RPC with the markets client using python and bitcoins authserviceproxy library and it works just fine. I'm not sure why you would get a blank response. I assume your RPC password and user and server=1 and rpcport are all correct in your config? If you run the markets wallet, it stores the data directory local to c:\bitbay\bitbaydata and if you run the QT it stores it in appdata. We will take a look at it and see if there is any reason for this.

Also any reason you aren't using the standard RPC port of 19915?
paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 10:00:20 PM

Early supporter of this coin as far as minor investor but I have to admit I haven't used the site yet.  I am a serious eBayer with the same account since 1998 and thousands of sales there.  If the BitBay experience could be the same kind of experience as eBay it would be awesome.  Any thoughts on this?

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:33:33 PM

Early supporter of this coin as far as minor investor but I have to admit I haven't used the site yet.  I am a serious eBayer with the same account since 1998 and thousands of sales there.  If the BitBay experience could be the same kind of experience as eBay it would be awesome.  Any thoughts on this?

That is where we are headed. However remember this is like a combination of local bitcoins, craigs list, alibaba, ebay, freelancer, barteronly all in one! It's because of the versatility of the unbreakable contracts. The advantage we have over ebay is no fees, no escrow, etc.

The drawback for now is it's desktop software but we are very interested in a web interface. This requires a rewrite of Halo in JavaScript. With the continued success of the coin it's becoming more realistic.

The desktop software itself is pretty powerful the templates are meant to be as few clicks as possible. Also someone has worked on a bitmessage relay server to speed up messaging. And someone also built some electrumx nodes for fast connection to the network. So the user experience will continue to improve.

I'm almost done with my next template which will make it more user friendly to buy/sell. It has a shipping calculator (only useful for estimating larger packages). It also has auctions and even reverse auctions (where sellers bid for buyers). And so forth.
yshurik

Activity: 9
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:54:39 AM

This is what I send:
Code:
Curl always reports:
Code:

Hi, http method should be written in upper case:

-X POST

(-x post will not work)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:18:09 PM

That is where we are headed. However remember this is like a combination of local bitcoins, craigs list, alibaba, ebay, freelancer, barteronly all in one! It's because of the versatility of the unbreakable contracts. The advantage we have over ebay is no fees, no escrow, etc.

The drawback for now is it's desktop software but we are very interested in a web interface. This requires a rewrite of Halo in JavaScript. With the continued success of the coin it's becoming more realistic.

The desktop software itself is pretty powerful the templates are meant to be as few clicks as possible. Also someone has worked on a bitmessage relay server to speed up messaging. And someone also built some electrumx nodes for fast connection to the network. So the user experience will continue to improve.

I'm almost done with my next template which will make it more user friendly to buy/sell. It has a shipping calculator (only useful for estimating larger packages). It also has auctions and even reverse auctions (where sellers bid for buyers). And so forth.

Do we have any javascript people on the team now?

Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:46:45 PM

Do we have any javascript people on the team now?

Yes
Asimmo

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:54:49 PM

As I remember, bitbay hired new PR member(s) something like 2 months ago.

Are they still active and working?
If yes, can we know their current planned activities?
cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:08:33 PM

Great read on XRP. While they are busy trying to streamline the middleman process for banks and forex and rely on banks to accept them as a service.
We are busy streamlining  the removal of the middleman even for international trade and don't rely on banks and forex brokers to accept us. The demand for companies to be able to profit more from international trading and treasury hedging, in my opinion, has much more appeal in regards to risk of adoption as compared to Ripples potential.

https://medium.com/@twobitidiot/i-see-you-xrp-fcf151feb96d

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:27:23 PM

As I remember, bitbay hired new PR member(s) something like 2 months ago.

Are they still active and working?
If yes, can we know their current planned activities?

Yes, they are active and working. A lot of their work is directly related to our release schedule. We are just finishing the details on that.
Pages: « 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: