Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:48:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Marina SH

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:52:26 AM

dzimbeck,I answered you in private messages.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:57:49 PM

dzimbeck,I answered you in private messages.

Thanks I got it and responded.  Smiley
spoonyg

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:51:19 PM

I had a quick question, is there a difference in staking rewards or behavior between the qt client and the market client?

Well the markets client breaks for change and splits your account into denominations. So I think if you have a lot of coins you are more likely to get consecutive stakes. You could certainly do the same thing though in the QT manually by sending yourself coins a few times. With a smaller balance then they should be pretty similar.

Thanks for the reply. I had one other question, should the staking reward be 1.5 or 20 bay? I had been using the 1.2 qt and would sometimes get a stake, and when I did it would be 1.5. When I tried using the 2.0 qt I would get a stake of 20, but I never had one of those 20 rewards confirm.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:27:31 PM

I had a quick question, is there a difference in staking rewards or behavior between the qt client and the market client?

Well the markets client breaks for change and splits your account into denominations. So I think if you have a lot of coins you are more likely to get consecutive stakes. You could certainly do the same thing though in the QT manually by sending yourself coins a few times. With a smaller balance then they should be pretty similar.

Thanks for the reply. I had one other question, should the staking reward be 1.5 or 20 bay? I had been using the 1.2 qt and would sometimes get a stake, and when I did it would be 1.5. When I tried using the 2.0 qt I would get a stake of 20, but I never had one of those 20 rewards confirm.

It's 20 now after the fork. A lot more people are staking after the fork, so there is more competition now. that explains why it is harder to win a block now.
Cryptodingdong

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:20:54 PM

Hello everyone, thank you all for your great contributions. I found Bitbay with my best friend a year ago, when it ws a bit over 1c. We both loved it. The difference being, he went out and sold almost everything he had and put it all on Bitbay, while I called him crazy. He called me crazy and said it was the future. Now he's a multi-millionair telling me "I told you so and you said I was crazy" and laughing, and I'm here with my d!ck in my hand   Grin Shocked   Embarrassed

So anyway, now that I'm in I just want to say this to mr. Zimbeck - the community here and myself really believe in this project. I think you have all the right ideas, I'm all itno this and nothing else. But being in business myself, I cannot stress enough: someone with a mediocre product but great marketing, will always beat someone with a great product and mediocre marketing. I think this is the best venture in the crypto world by far and I'm looking forward to $1/coin, but I really really stress you gotta invest in a really good marketing person. If you even have just ok marketing with your phenominal project, then $1/coin will be just the beginning. Otherwise, it will be the end. You see all these other hype-helium coins with nothing at all out-performing us on nothing but marketing. Imagine what a REAL project can do...

PS I love how you Mr Zimbeck still read and reply to your community, keep it up & all the best wishes!!!

The marketing will come, but now isn't really the time to do so imo.  While the functionality is there, the GUI looks pretty dated.  Once the new GUI is in play and rolling peg is released, the masses will flock to this coin. 

IMO you are way ahead of other coins and have a product. You just need a web release and UI update. Now is the time for marketing which will increase your coin value and in turn drive up your development budget.

Agree 1000%
Cryptodingdong

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:36:05 PM

Hello everyone, thank you all for your great contributions. I found Bitbay with my best friend a year ago, when it ws a bit over 1c. We both loved it. The difference being, he went out and sold almost everything he had and put it all on Bitbay, while I called him crazy. He called me crazy and said it was the future. Now he's a multi-millionair telling me "I told you so and you said I was crazy" and laughing, and I'm here with my d!ck in my hand   Grin Shocked   Embarrassed

So anyway, now that I'm in I just want to say this to mr. Zimbeck - the community here and myself really believe in this project. I think you have all the right ideas, I'm all itno this and nothing else. But being in business myself, I cannot stress enough: someone with a mediocre product but great marketing, will always beat someone with a great product and mediocre marketing. I think this is the best venture in the crypto world by far and I'm looking forward to $1/coin, but I really really stress you gotta invest in a really good marketing person. If you even have just ok marketing with your phenominal project, then $1/coin will be just the beginning. Otherwise, it will be the end. You see all these other hype-helium coins with nothing at all out-performing us on nothing but marketing. Imagine what a REAL project can do...

PS I love how you Mr Zimbeck still read and reply to your community, keep it up & all the best wishes!!!

The marketing will come, but now isn't really the time to do so imo.  While the functionality is there, the GUI looks pretty dated.  Once the new GUI is in play and rolling peg is released, the masses will flock to this coin. 

Is there a timeline in place for these events? In the meantime, in the last month about 150 billion market cap has come into cryptos, and almost none into Bitbay. Marketing IMO is THE most important thing now. They are already way ahed in vision and tech, and behind only in marketing.
spoonyg

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:08:17 PM

It's 20 now after the fork. A lot more people are staking after the fork, so there is more competition now. that explains why it is harder to win a block now.

That makes sense, thanks!
GeneralC1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:02:53 AM

Hahaha well a lot of us here have similar experiences, some people saw Bitcoin when it started, sold early, etc. It happens.

As for reading and replying it doesn't take much time. Sure, I'm busy and perhaps one day I will have to turn off social media. To be honest, not sure why so many devs do otherwise. It benefits to listen to investors.

As for marketing, I completely agree. Indeed there is evidence of projects with nothing and just a lot of marketing at billions in marketcap. Some parts of our tech will speak for itself and potentially move us higher, however we are looking for marketing people and we need one who believes in what we do and has the time to devote almost full time. And also the experience. Our team is building.
Technology will speak its own, before speaking, no brain to buy on it, if you want to recruit marketing team, the price can not imagine haha
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:50:27 AM

Is there a timeline in place for these events? In the meantime, in the last month about 150 billion market cap has come into cryptos, and almost none into Bitbay. Marketing IMO is THE most important thing now. They are already way ahed in vision and tech, and behind only in marketing.

Funds did come in to Bitbay we have had volume over 40 million daily and have broken all of our records including in satoshis. You have to realize that 150 Billion comes in proportion to the project. If Bitcoin grows 10% it gains billions on "paper". If BitBay grows 10% it gets another 30 million or so on paper.

As for timeline of course, we work very hard and have had a reputation to deliver on features. I think the updated roadmap was recently released.
Plumboo

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:42:33 PM

Interesting question: I wanted to disguss negative sides of this crypto, but it was not possible here. I wanted so much to make a disgussion about negative sides of this crypto, to make some Balance. But hey, it is not possible to disguss why 150 billion Mcap has come into the cryptos but not into Bitbay, I have already tried. When someone try to ignore your question or even delete what you write, simply because someone doesn`t like what you write;. than you realize  it`s time to move on.
I bought NEO and Adshares. Not bad Smiley

HVCC

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:02:46 AM

BitBay Community Update - Jan. 14th, 2018

https://blog.bitbay.market/bitbay-community-update-jan-14th-2018-79d5f9a7aa85

BitBay team member - Take your markets back!
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:10:11 AM

Interesting question: I wanted to disguss negative sides of this crypto, but it was not possible here. I wanted so much to make a disgussion about negative sides of this crypto, to make some Balance. But hey, it is not possible to disguss why 150 billion Mcap has come into the cryptos but not into Bitbay, I have already tried. When someone try to ignore your question or even delete what you write, simply because someone doesn`t like what you write;. than you realize  it`s time to move on.
I bought NEO and Adshares. Not bad Smiley

If you ever had a comment deleted it was because you were saying things that were deliberately false. Personally we don't babysit threads nor have time to respond to assumptions made without even reading the site or OP. We almost never delete comments so I'm sure if one of the mods removed it, there was a good reason.  We do discuss "negatives" of our project that is exactly why we keep improving it. However we will not entertain deception or extremely lazy criticism. And I answered his question as to if funds from the supposed 150 billion that came into crypto. Did you not read the response directly above your reply?

It's a clear misunderstanding of marketcap. If Bitcoin goes up 150 billion it doesn't mean 150 billion was invested. Price * supply = marketcap. An increase in marketcap can happen for much less if there isn't enough sell walls. And also almost half of the Bitcoins have never been moved and almost half of the Bitcoins that have been moved have been stolen by third parties. So the marketcap is an illusion. Bitbay was recently at an all time high in volume so we are clearly expanding based on the increased interest in crypto. We used to have 100 dollars a day in volume now we have 10-40 million on some days. The proof is right in front of you.
dmz241

Activity: 519
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:48:33 AM

Need a bit of help. My bay are showing less then they should be. I checked the send address and there is nothing sent but its showing less then the amount that should be in there.
Here is the picture of my wallet:
https://prnt.sc/i0jnxs
When I look in explorer it shows correct amount. Sorry have been away from forums. All I did was upgraded my wallet from the old to the new one.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/address.dws?BP5w8o5ogs3wrMk8H4FKMjzoin8MKRn4Je.htm
On the bitbay website its not even showing the balance staked.
http://explorer.bitbay.market/address/BP5w8o5ogs3wrMk8H4FKMjzoin8MKRn4Je

Could anyone please help me and inform me what happened here as I am totally lost.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:22:17 AM

Need a bit of help. My bay are showing less then they should be. I checked the send address and there is nothing sent but its showing less then the amount that should be in there.
Here is the picture of my wallet:
https://prnt.sc/i0jnxs
When I look in explorer it shows correct amount. Sorry have been away from forums. All I did was upgraded my wallet from the old to the new one.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/address.dws?BP5w8o5ogs3wrMk8H4FKMjzoin8MKRn4Je.htm
On the bitbay website its not even showing the balance staked.
http://explorer.bitbay.market/address/BP5w8o5ogs3wrMk8H4FKMjzoin8MKRn4Je

Could anyone please help me and inform me what happened here as I am totally lost.

The explorer I think is under maintenance. We have advised users to check chainz in the meantime.

Make sure your client is synced and the current block matches the most recent block on chainz. If it is, the perhaps you can try to run Bitbay-qt from the command line with the -rescan option.
dmz241

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:28:36 AM

Since I am on windows could I also do the rescan option from the console? See the thing is I deposited the bay in there about 380k about 2 months back. But now its only showing 221k which is very weird. Chainz shows the correct amount but my wallet doesnt.
dmz241

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:31:09 AM

Got it. I used the console and typed repairwallet then did getbalance it corrected it.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:02:15 PM

Got it. I used the console and typed repairwallet then did getbalance it corrected it.

That's good to hear.  Smiley

Speaking of which, you should always backup your wallet file. You can do that from the menu.
Plumboo

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:22:43 AM

If you ever had a comment deleted it was because you were saying things that were deliberately false. Personally we don't babysit threads nor have time to respond to assumptions made without even reading the site or OP. We almost never delete comments so I'm sure if one of the mods removed it, there was a good reason.  We do discuss "negatives" of our project that is exactly why we keep improving it. However we will not entertain deception or extremely lazy criticism. And I answered his question as to if funds from the supposed 150 billion that came into crypto. Did you not read the response directly above your reply?

It's a clear misunderstanding of marketcap. If Bitcoin goes up 150 billion it doesn't mean 150 billion was invested. Price * supply = marketcap. An increase in marketcap can happen for much less if there isn't enough sell walls. And also almost half of the Bitcoins have never been moved and almost half of the Bitcoins that have been moved have been stolen by third parties. So the marketcap is an illusion. Bitbay was recently at an all time high in volume so we are clearly expanding based on the increased interest in crypto. We used to have 100 dollars a day in volume now we have 10-40 million on some days. The proof is right in front of you.

You are probably right about what you wrote:
1) That you delete because of what you call deliberately falsness. I call it to be open and be able to also talk about weaknesses in the project.
2) You are probably right, that you dont babysit threads. But still you remove and delete very quicly what you do not like about things that are written here.
3) Where have you been discussing negatives of the project? I have not seen anything so far, maybe you could tell me where this negative "discussions" are?
4)150 billion dollar. It`s you that misunderstand. What he ment is that altcoins and bitcoin has rose with 150 billion in general. And this is important to understand. Bitbay has not take any part of this higher valuation as the crypto has fallen 55 places. And even worse, it continues to fall in value. Nothing lift the course any longer, at least it looks like that from my possition and him too.
As you probably know, it is not a warranty that the value ever will come back to all time high. Lately, bitbay has fallen pretty quicly and very much. Maybe it doesn`t scare you a bit, but maybe someone do? The way you argue certainly doesn`t calm me Down. As you know, I am done, at least almost and I feel more confortable this way.
game_changer

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:34:50 AM

1) That you delete because of what you call deliberately falsness. I call it to be open and be able to also talk about weaknesses in the project.
2) You are probably right, that you dont babysit threads. But still you remove and delete very quicly what you do not like about things that are written here.
3) Where have you been discussing negatives of the project? I have not seen anything so far, maybe you could tell me where this negative "discussions" are?
4)150 billion dollar. It`s you that misunderstand. What he ment is that altcoins and bitcoin has rose with 150 billion in general. And this is important to understand. Bitbay has not take any part of this higher valuation as the crypto has fallen 55 places. And even worse, it continues to fall in value. Nothing lift the course any longer, at least it looks like that from my possition and him too.
As you probably know, it is not a warranty that the value ever will come back to all time high. Lately, bitbay has fallen pretty quicly and very much. Maybe it doesn`t scare you a bit, but maybe someone do? The way you argue certainly doesn`t calm me Down. As you know, I am done, at least almost and I feel more confortable this way.

another noob worried about price! The team don't control the price. They just do what they are good at and continue to work hard. My advice to you is sell and go buy yourself a dog
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:00:15 AM

There is over 300 pages on this thread not to mention the locked thread and multiple other threads where if you knew anything about this project you would know we definitely talk about negatives. You made statements and accusations that were 100% deceptive and false. You literally started making things up about the team that weren't true, and then made statements about how crypto works that were impossible. You made claims that weren't true and could have been instantly answered by reading the website or even the thread.

If you come to someones house looking for a fight, you will get what you asked for. Your comment history shows your first comment to be negative about Bitbay with a brand new profile. I'm not sure if you are aware but there are teams of people in Bitcoin who "fud" or attack coins to drop price or distract developers. So no, baseless accusation or deliberate deception is not allowed here. If you want to be open, sure be open all you want.

Of that 150 billion supposed marketcap increase, a lot of it has gone into BitBay. Our volume was ranging around 40 million for weeks. We broke our all time high in USD and Bitcoin price only a few weeks ago. Crypto is volatile that is exactly why Bitcoin goes up and down 10% a day. If you don't like it, don't invest in Bitcoin. We are creating a rolling peg that deals with volatility by freezing and unfreezing funds... controlling supply. Thus this coin is one of the only in the world that even cares to deal with that problem.

Investing is not for the immature. Normal investments on the New York Stock Exchange take YEARS to grow 20%. In crypto it happens +20% or -20% in a day. It's pretty much gambling if you look at monthly charts in crypto. If you look at BitBay's yearly chart you will see the coin has exploded from the depths of nothing. So please if you want to leave we think you should. Go invest in Kittycoin or Ripple or Truckcoin or something. Be sure to tell us what you got and how amazing and how much better (insert name here)coin is.

And on that note, I challenge you to find a community where the dev takes time to talk to people on multiple social media platforms. My time is extremely precious and usually spent coding the critical features of this project. So for that I'm not going to give time to comments that are nonconstructive however you can see that I've actually taken the time to give a thoughtful response.

And again, of the 150 billion rise in marketcap as you claim Bitcoin is down almost 40% from it's peak. BitBay is also down about 50% from it's peak. Our peak was recent and it was our record after 4 YEARS of doing development. After BitBay had almost no trading volume, was trading at 100 dollars a day volume, we had people who stole from us and mocked us and myself and investors fought and created what is here today. Now we always have millions of a dollars a day in volume.

What BitBay has is the definition of a success story. If you don't think so why don't you try it? Start your own crypto, code it yourself, make things that have never existed before in history, build a team, deal with the bullshit I've had to deal with, spend 4 years coding and see if you generate similar results.
Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: