Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:05:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:26:33 AM

v2.0.0.0-g32a928e

Is this the correct version # for the new QT wallet? Downloaded it from the website, looks like the one I had installed.

Well for Windows there was one minor update to icons and splash screen and  things. Although the build should be the same. You have a screenshot?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:34:32 AM

v2.0.0.0-g32a928e

Is this the correct version # for the new QT wallet? Downloaded it from the website, looks like the one I had installed.

Well for Windows there was one minor update to icons and splash screen and  things. Although the build should be the same. You have a screenshot?

I'm good, thanks, found the correct one, purple screen, v2.0.0.1-g32a928e 2018. Looks nice...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
HVCC

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:23:27 PM

BitBay Community Update - Jan. 21st, 2018

https://blog.bitbay.market/community-update-jan-21st-2018-45c2dbf6bd8a

BitBay team member - Take your markets back!
Cryptodingdong

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:20:24 AM

Wow, fantastic!  Cool
Provizor-071

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:58:21 PM

tell me, what is the difference between this decentralized market and Syscoin (SYS). And also between the new one - https://crowdsale.storiqa.com/

Well because we have a working product that actually exists and has been used for many years. Obviously it makes no sense to support a crowdsale without a product... people shouldn't be getting money without actually doing hard work. And as for SYS there is many threads talking about that... to be honest there is no comparison. BitBay has many more features. In fact we have a "wall of features"  https://bitbay.market/wall-of-features

That wall isn't even the full list either. We have exotic spend like freezing, switches, hash puzzles and time locks fully integrated, notary with notifications, tons of features under the hood and the cash for coins template.

Unlike other projects we are not limited to sales of goods, unbreakable contracts have extremely strong use case in employment, barter, cash for coins, and any type of contract you can think of.

And this is by far the main advantage. We don't have escrow and SYS does. So does Open Bazaar. Escrow is a very dangerous and weak system responsible for a majority of theft and loss seen today. Like on many E-bay scams the buyers or sellers get hurt when a product isn't as described, damaged, or an empty box. The arbiters must guess as to who is right and they commonly punish innocent people. Our contracts are a two party escrow system where both parties put their funds in a joint account and if they lie to each other they lose.

We were also the first smart contracting platform in the world before Ethereum (BitHalo) and the first decentralized markets and will soon most likely be the first moving peg. And that peg is also another major advantage which is an entirely separate subject.

Thank you! And what kind of partnership do you have? Syscoin is one of the Microsoft partners ..?! Do you have 1 developer?
game_changer

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:32:52 AM

tell me, what is the difference between this decentralized market and Syscoin (SYS). And also between the new one - https://crowdsale.storiqa.com/

Well because we have a working product that actually exists and has been used for many years. Obviously it makes no sense to support a crowdsale without a product... people shouldn't be getting money without actually doing hard work. And as for SYS there is many threads talking about that... to be honest there is no comparison. BitBay has many more features. In fact we have a "wall of features"  https://bitbay.market/wall-of-features

That wall isn't even the full list either. We have exotic spend like freezing, switches, hash puzzles and time locks fully integrated, notary with notifications, tons of features under the hood and the cash for coins template.

Unlike other projects we are not limited to sales of goods, unbreakable contracts have extremely strong use case in employment, barter, cash for coins, and any type of contract you can think of.

And this is by far the main advantage. We don't have escrow and SYS does. So does Open Bazaar. Escrow is a very dangerous and weak system responsible for a majority of theft and loss seen today. Like on many E-bay scams the buyers or sellers get hurt when a product isn't as described, damaged, or an empty box. The arbiters must guess as to who is right and they commonly punish innocent people. Our contracts are a two party escrow system where both parties put their funds in a joint account and if they lie to each other they lose.

We were also the first smart contracting platform in the world before Ethereum (BitHalo) and the first decentralized markets and will soon most likely be the first moving peg. And that peg is also another major advantage which is an entirely separate subject.

Thank you! And what kind of partnership do you have? Syscoin is one of the Microsoft partners ..?! Do you have 1 developer?

Syscoin dont have a partnership with Microsoft! They use microsoft azure! Anyone can if they apply and do a few things they ask. Its not a partnership. Im fact Bitbay had the option of using Azure but we didnt want to go down that avenue
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:36:12 AM

Did you read my response? How can we have a product without a developer? I'm the dev. If you mean to ask am I the only developer then yes that would be true. I've worked on Halo/BitBay for 4 years. However lately we have signed on more developers who have worked on side projects such as a multisig poker platform, the web wallet and electrumx servers, bitmessage relay and now we have a guy who works on the c++ code with builds and eventually he will be able to contribute to Halo source.
GrizzlyShibe

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 02:54:05 AM

Syscoin dont have a partnership with Microsoft! They use microsoft azure! Anyone can if they apply and do a few things they ask. Its not a partnership. Im fact Bitbay had the option of using Azure but we didnt want to go down that avenue

Incorrect. Blockchain Foundry has a partnership with Microsoft on both DIF identity.foundation and as a Certified Business Partner.

Bitbay is a fantastic project and there is plenty of room for both. Both are FAR more developed and rational than 99% of crypto projects, with some of the best developers in the space.  I would count DZimbeck as one of the best and most knowledgeable blockchain developers on the planet, and I feel the same about Jag Sidhu. I would suggest following both projects closely because they are both going places.  You don't do this for four years without pay without a long term goal. It's not really a this or them choice, they are headed in completely different directions, focused on particular use-cases, and both great projects.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:12:55 AM

Incorrect. Blockchain Foundry has a partnership with Microsoft on both DIF identity.foundation and as a Certified Business Partner.

Bitbay is a fantastic project and there is plenty of room for both. Both are FAR more developed and rational than 99% of crypto projects, with some of the best developers in the space.  I would count DZimbeck as one of the best and most knowledgeable blockchain developers on the planet, and I feel the same about Jag Sidhu. I would suggest following both projects closely because they are both going places.  You don't do this for four years without pay without a long term goal. It's not really a this or them choice, they are headed in completely different directions, focused on particular use-cases, and both great projects.

Hey thanks for the comment and honestly I think that Sidhu is a great dev! We often chat on Skype and I have the utmost respect for anyone who makes real software. It's interesting to hear your take on the partnership. As a dev, I wish I had time to really dig into other projects and what they are doing. But you know as a dev it makes more sense for me to focus on delivering on goals and promises. One day when the smoke clears I will take a step back and look at what others built. As for the direction, well I know Sid would agree we chose different models. His model is blockchain based with pruning and 3rd party centralized escrow. We chose a Bitmessage based market with 2 party decentralized escrow. We also have chosen the peg and we have other features like exotic spend and pay to email and imap integration.

I'm sure any investor here can testify that whenever we are asked for recommendations at BitBay we encourage investors to buy into REAL products. As any ICO or "roadmap" coin doesn't have a physical product to display. Thus people are rewarding the founders of (enter ICO here) unjustly. Even if the founders are trustworthy. When BitBay started there was a working prototype! And that software has greatly improved since that time.

So other projects with working prototypes do indeed qualify as legitimate projects. Ethereum has a working platform although they have some bloat issues to fix, EOS has a prototype, BitBay of course, Syscoin has it's own software, Lisk has working software and even Blocknet has a prototype. Those are just examples. All we have to say on this is investors should probably be very careful when investing in a platform without a working product or prototype especially to a new team.

It should be very clear that there are only a handful of devs who do blockchain stuff and yet 1000s of projects. Where do the 1000s of projects get their devs?! The chances are they don't have devs who can code what they want and the talent pool is not increasing at the rate of demand.

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:57:52 PM

Tell me how to run the CLIENT and Qt at the same time on one computer?thank you!
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:05:48 AM

Tell me how to run the CLIENT and Qt at the same time on one computer?thank you!

Change the RPC port in the config file for the QT and it should work.

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:27:48 AM

Thank You,David!It's all good!!!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:01:27 AM

PS what is fud?

cheers!

FUD when most people use it really refers to

Facts Uncovering Deception

although they try to tell you they mean

Fear uncertainty and doubt

This board is full of stuff like that and youll soon get used to it.

Welcome to bitbay anyway at least you manage to find this thread amongst the pages and pages of utter trash here.

And thank you Cryptohunter for the welcome, looks like I'm in fine company Cool So crypto hunter, looks as if you've been around a few cycles, how do you see this down turn were in? For me and others newbs its a grave, for you old-times it doesnt matter much lol. But what do you think about Bay in the next 1-3 months?

Cheers

Yes there is always ups and downs. So long as there is no black swan event or global clamp down on crypto as a whole then bitbay is always going to be a strong contender for the top 10 -15 of the REAL projects. With a mobile and web full functioning product then top 5

Of course real projects most often don't compete with the let's keep the coins between the 5 of us and sell them back and forth for ever increasing amounts so the stupid turds at coinmarketcap will just let it appear we have a 20 billion cap to even dumber turds.

However from the handful of REAL projects on this board bay is still the cheapest for what you get. There are other Real projects of great value but bay is still the best bargain right now.

Sadly bay is a bit of a traders coin right now with high supply and lowish vol. However, the traders of bay always want to retain bay so they are churners really. They love to boost it up then let it fall to scare out fresh hands then buy it all back and boost it up...

The peg is supposed to stop this and if you get paid more % on locked coins that are locked for longer periods in greater quantities that would be great.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:11:45 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 02:00:42 AM by cryptohunter

Thread is a graveyard really. The fact we have marketing team is quite remarkable.

From the entire team you need one person or two to keep the thread on page 1 or 2 here or at least one comment 3x per day

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:50:56 AM

Thread is a graveyard really. The fact we have marketing team is quite remarkable.

From the entire team you need one person or two to keep the thread on page 1 or 2 here or at least one comment 3x per day

I think they are overworked, they have drafted a lot of people and they are still getting accommodated to the project and setting up a lot of different things at once.
HVCC

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:44:36 AM

https://forum.bitbay.market/t/bitbay-community-update-january-28th-2018/1035

BitBay team member - Take your markets back!
kumara

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:44:41 AM

I think they are overworked, they have drafted a lot of people and they are still getting accommodated to the project and setting up a lot of different things at once.

As I just learned, http://Bitbay.net is wholly unrelated to http://Bitbay.market

The name Bitbay is therefore already diluted and unless you were first to market, your use will possibly open you up to a lawsuit. Your name must be uniquely identifiable to prevent confusing consumers and distinguish your product from anyone else’s. From a marketing standpoint your project is dead in the water.
I am very surprised your marketing team has not rectified this fatal flaw by now.

Sadly I see no point in investing in this project under the Bitbay name.

I suggest you rebrand under a new name ASAP

ders_a

Activity: 298

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 10:34:39 AM

BAY is an old project, imo much wider than some local bitcoin exchange. you did strange relation between 2 projects. you can ask them to rebrand. You can open coinmarketcup and look when first coins went to bigger exchanges

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:48:49 PM

As I just learned, http://Bitbay.net is wholly unrelated to http://Bitbay.market

The name Bitbay is therefore already diluted and unless you were first to market, your use will possibly open you up to a lawsuit. Your name must be uniquely identifiable to prevent confusing consumers and distinguish your product from anyone else’s. From a marketing standpoint your project is dead in the water.
I am very surprised your marketing team has not rectified this fatal flaw by now.

Well if you knew what the other investors knew about this project you wouldn't say that.

Also the exaggeration is preposterous, you can't sue a blockchain. Hahaha try suing Bitcoin. This project like many others is decentralized, ownerless. Both projects came at the same time actually by coincidence. There is no confusion, they are a centralized exchange and we are a coin with hundreds of use cases and features. Centralized exchanges won't last long anyways. Even if there was we had an international presence long before they did (they started out as a Polish exchange and grew from there).
anahata

Activity: 523
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:40:35 PM

Your sure must be joking. Did you even do your research and try to find out what both does? There is big difference between an exchange and a coin. And fyi, polo was the biggest exchanges and most hyped two years back, now it's in decline. People do not even want to remember mt. gox.
Pages: « 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: