Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:20:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Quit have a community takeover?
YES - 16 (61.5%)
NO - 10 (38.5%)
Total Voters: 26

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QUIT] Quit Dough, Real Products (e-cigs) +Multi-Vendor Vape Site  (Read 61355 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
letsplay

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 06:35:35 AM

Great! I will buy up some more and get me a site, so when will you add the next ones?
QuitDough (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 06:53:05 AM

Great! I will buy up some more and get me a site, so when will you add the next ones?
In about 3 weeks from now.
Cheers Matt
QuitDough (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:38:09 PM

After seeing the mining dumps the team is wondering is we change over to 100% POS and away from POW
What do you guys think and why.

Cheers Matt
letsplay

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 10:10:05 PM

After seeing the mining dumps the team is wondering is we change over to 100% POS and away from POW

Cheers Matt
Don't know enough to comment as so new to crypto, but do see why you would ask the question, the price is low which is good to buy into but it seems to low as miner just dump and I would say they haven't even read about the coin at all or care they just mine and dump.

Keep up the good work look forward to seeing whats been worked on.
Ruffyyyy

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:32:12 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2015, 06:33:10 AM by Ruffyyyy

I think we need more popularity to the coin: giveaways, other exchanges like bittrex, polo or cryptsy + add to coinmarketcap! Its look like nobody care or hear about Quit Dough! Its a really nice idea behind this coin, but we need definitive more attention! Any news for the vendorsite? And maybe anybody can write and articel about Quit Dough and we try to bring it on coin desk, cryptoarticles ore something else!? And i think it is to early to change 100% pos, so you got now 3 mio Quit for pre, only 1,4~ mio are minted, 30 mio max right? I think the 10% pre scarred some people too...
QuitDough (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:27:36 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2015, 09:57:45 AM by QuitDough

I think we need more popularity to the coin: giveaways, other exchanges like bittrex, polo or cryptsy + add to coinmarketcap! Its look like nobody care or hear about Quit Dough! Its a really nice idea behind this coin, but we need definitive more attention! Any news for the vendorsite? And maybe anybody can write and articel about Quit Dough and we try to bring it on coin desk, cryptoarticles ore something else!? And i think it is to early to change 100% pos, so you got now 3 mio Quit for pre, only 1,4~ mio are minted, 30 mio max right? I think the 10% pre scarred some people too...
Hi Ruff
Yes it maybe to soon for POS only I would say thinking more about it.
I have pushed bittrex and thought I was close to getting on bittrex but I know if I had some help to push them we should get on, was talking to Bill Shihara bill@bittrex.com a lot and it looked close but just one person pushing didnt seem to pull it off, so any help with a few emails to bill would be great!!!

the team have been very busy on the site and would think its about 5 days away to where it can be launched, and it will still need work but it will be up.

So any help would be great in any way, from talking about Quit here or anywhere would help.

Cheers Matt

YAdaminer

Activity: 829
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:27:23 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2015, 03:33:52 PM by YAdaminer

I know I was first who talked about mining/dumping and how too long mining period is nothing than mining for dumping and how miners don't have incentive to hold the coins. All new coins gets their attention but even faster they lose it. Your idea behind coin is OK but if you dont find the way to backup  the price in some way or make incentive to hold coins rather than dump them then until mining can earn more than it spents miners will dump. Miners specialy those on multipools are like locusts jumping from coin to coin and exploiting it until they see their profit in it, you need to find a way to use that in your favor. Some miners join community many more that mines on multi pools dont even know what they are mining...
PoW or PoS or ICO,... are only distribution options for a coin, some are better accepted than other, PoW brings some costs of mining which partialy determines the price of mined coin so it can be used in setting some flor price of the coin, ... QUIT is your project, you know what was your plan in making demand for it, without demand coin will go nowhere despite all efforts you'll put in it. Going PoS can stop dumps but then you have problem with premine percentage where 3mil from 10% becomes more than 65% premine and even those 10% is huge.
I know you have plans to spent that premine for project purposes but prolem in crypto is that you with genuine project compete with many others where most of them are nothing but copy/paste scams or in best case scenarios they are quest for quck few bucks but until ppl find that out your genuine project can lose positive momentum.
Anyway I think that only you can decide which way you want to go with QUIT, asking community is good but without demand for coin and without incentive to hold them rather than dump them new ideas and new exchange can only bring little more marketing. Vendor web is excelent way in creating demand but if spots are 'given' they should be given for not first 5 or xy but for all with at least some minimum amount of QUIT which you will determine. Also you need to anticipate that not all investors are interested for web spot so you should give them opportunity to rerent them. If you decide for PoS or some new PoW/PoS combination my suggestion is to destroy premine but rent spots on the web, you'll get funds for project needs and demand will be created and renters will get new amounts of QUIT from sales. If you go that way think about coin supply cause many ppl thinks that low supply is good but for coin with purpose I dont think it is, also if QUIT continues with PoW/PoS you can rethink and go with lower block rewards in PoW and make significant percentage increase for PoS that will increase breakeven point in mining/dumping operation and make incentive to hold the coins and stake them.
VIP vendor shops is what was waited and sales from it will create demand so ... dont lose faith, this is one of few coins I realy respect not in terms coin inovations but in terms of efforts you are puting into project and I think all efforts will repay big time.
Stenull

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:49:49 AM

Cheers Matt

I was just about to write, the I relized YAdaminer wrote the same thing xD

Change...is in the air.
You know why
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:09:59 PM

I suppose it is completely normal for most of the miners to dump coins. The mission of the miner is to mine and sell on exchange, so people who really want to have the coin, can buy it. In the real world do you think miners (the ones who mine gold or coal, no difference) keep their mined products for themselves? Cheesy
They sell it to the ones who need the mined product. The same do miners in crypto world. They create the coins and distribute it via selling.

If you want the value of the coin to increase, create a demand for the coin. That's the right way. Other ways look a bit like cheating Smiley. I learned the crypto community does not like the coins which stop mining in the middle of the way.

... this space is not for rent ...
QuitDough (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:25:22 PM

Yep lots to think about and lots to do, I think the main goal is creating the market place as it has the potential to drive quit and also cyrpto to people that don't even know it exists, in a market that needs a new system for payments in many counties, so  at the moment we are more inclined to market to vapers as they are the customers and will be the future customers for Quit Dough.

We have made a points reward system on the site that is call Quit points, like a discount/rewards system for signing up, leaving reviews or purchasing products, this will push the name out there and also makes it look simple to anyone that doesn't understand what crypto is, the rewards system itself is not crypto but showing it to people the reaction was the same they liked the idea, when I show anyone how to buy crypto coins they look confused. So on site we are trying to also put in easy way to buy Quit like store credit / vouchers, we are now setting up easy to buy coupons on site that will let people buy Quit without the confusion of exchanges btc-quit and all the other hassle it takes just to buy any crypto.

I think overall the team will focus less on what miners are doing and the price of Quit and just market quit to the end users (vapers) over wasting to much time trying to hype or get people in crypto on board, so I think ill just leave everything as it is and go and do the work that needs to be done on the site and marketing quit to the end users.

I think pushing a coin with a real project in here is to hard and not the right place for Quit as then its pure speculation and that leads to pump and dumps etc, so I think I will spend less time with the crypto community and more doing whats needed for Quit to work in the real world and if people follow and support Quit from crypto then good but if not its not of my concern as it takes to much time and effort for very little reward and its not helping the coin at all.

Its not that I don't see the crypto community as valuable they are but at present time is the key, so I will update major events but otherwise we will be busy doing what we said we would and see what happens down the road.

If you have any interest in Quit then maybe follow @quitdough on twitter as posting every update in here is just wasting time that I could be spending on the plans and real world business and marketing.

Cheers Matt

drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 02:26:15 AM

I believe this is wise decision, Matt. Forums can take huge amount of time, especially when you are one of those people who prefer to think first, before writing something Smiley, and if you like to give comprehensive answers to everybody. This kind of people becomes pretty rare now, especially in forums, but you are one of them Smiley

Better to concentrate on real project tasks, just please dont forget to post an update here once or twice a week, so people (investors) don't panic. The price will then rise with the news Smiley, and QUIT will find its market value itself.

... this space is not for rent ...
pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:36:18 AM

once some vendor sites pop up. and the use for QUIT becomes obvious. that will do a lot of work towards accepting.
and more miners should get on board, reducing the simply mine /dump strategy.

other than, you could find a community member who is interested in fronting for you here. could post twitter informations unless you had something big to share.

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:08:11 AM

something that just occurred to me. in terms of the miner/dump loop.
reducing block reward may be useful

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
QuitDough (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:22:26 AM

I believe this is wise decision, Matt. Forums can take huge amount of time, especially when you are one of those people who prefer to think first, before writing something Smiley, and if you like to give comprehensive answers to everybody. This kind of people becomes pretty rare now, especially in forums, but you are one of them Smiley

Better to concentrate on real project tasks, just please dont forget to post an update here once or twice a week, so people (investors) don't panic. The price will then rise with the news Smiley, and QUIT will find its market value itself.

Hi drays
Yes i will be in and out and let people know the meaningful updates as they happen.
Cheers Matt
QuitDough (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:38:31 AM

something that just occurred to me. in terms of the miner/dump loop.
reducing block reward may be useful

Hi Pine
We did start with 50 per block but people wanted it to be more, so it went up to 100. We did start low due to the coin being used to buy e-cigs etc.
We might look at dropping it later on once we have time to look at things like that.

Cheers Matt
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:14:06 AM

the current price/ buy support may do some work towards reducing dumps as well Smiley

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 05:16:50 AM

Wow glad to see things are going so well . I'm gonna start putting some buys in here over the next few weeks because i see more progress being made. The thing with decentralized economies is no one can control them . Let the market set the price. Matt keep doing good work and keep progressing towards your goals. I have no doubt this will work these e cigs are a trend sure . A billion dollar trend. I'm still here for u let me know if I can do anything. I still got list of headshops i used during my "novelty" compound days.

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
letsplay

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 05:48:16 AM

I can't work out why more people are not on quit, keep on trucking or vaping
QuitDough (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 10:06:08 PM

So what would be a good giveaway to get the word about quit out?
Thinking of giving away a chunk of the teams coins, but i am not sure what would work the best? Twitter? signature promo etc

Cheers Matt
emmnazady

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 12:30:41 PM

So what would be a good giveaway to get the word about quit out?
Thinking of giving away a chunk of the teams coins, but i am not sure what would work the best? Twitter? signature promo etc

Cheers Matt

Twitter and Signature the best.

Cheers

Next-Gen of
Algo Stablecoins

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
  Join Private Sale of $TST
  No KYC     Fair Launch Auction

CopperLaunch.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████

████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████   ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄   ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌                ▐█████
███████▄   ▀████▀   ▄███████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: