Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:22:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Quit have a community takeover?
YES - 16 (61.5%)
NO - 10 (38.5%)
Total Voters: 26

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QUIT] Quit Dough, Real Products (e-cigs) +Multi-Vendor Vape Site  (Read 61355 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
QuitDough (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:14:25 AM

Community take over?

I will post more later on after more thinking about it

But options to get on bittrex that held quit back were the fact the site was for e-cigs,
So to fix a few problem instead of me hitting my head on the table would be:

Community take over would then part the site from quit the coin and maybe be enough then for bittrex to accept Quit maybe??

If so i would only want keen parties that have supported Quit, not just random people to take it over.

Any ideas as I have no idea about the option of a take over but anything is better than just me tiring to push shit uphill and where the coin will die it feels no matter what i do.

So ideas on a take over of Quit? would it be good for the coin?

I really want Quit to be a real use coin (used to trade e-cigs) and not just pumped to death, that's one con I see

I can still offer places on the site well a few more anyway, and also help where needed if needed etc.

Its just an idea at the moment so feedback would be great!

Matt

i dont see bittrex as a benefit to becoming a real coin. only as a benefit for bagholders to make $$
haha but they seem pretty closed and prudish.

just keep forging ahead Smiley you're doing great.
you're keeping it real, and putting real work into it.

at this point it seems mostly down to getting the shops working well, advertising, and making quit available for the consumers.
sidelights would obviously be getting other businesses to utilise it.

--
i still think a good use for at least a % of the premine is to stake for network security.
which would entail a central figurehead.

Hay pine
I have had one of those weeks, lost a bucket load trying to get a payment gateway made and its such a piss off to pay for something that doesn't work at all, really tried to get Quit out there but I am not crypto more business and I also will not do anything that's makes me look over my shoulder the rest of my life.

I have no more $ funds to do much and the coin and it is worth jack so even if i sold my 900k of coins it wouldn't get me a coffee let alone  do what i know the coin needs, so I am looking at ideas apart from go do endless work for no outcome, I have done almost everything people have said to do and with f*% all result. So its one of the weeks i would rather forget at the moment.

pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:25:53 AM

yah mr dough.
it's an interesting life, i had an amusing experience last two days trying to work with an email host, only to ring up this morning to cancel and have the woman on the other end just say "i think i can see your problem" such lols after hours of fruitless effort Smiley settings are yet to take effect so i actually hope it worked lol.
NOT THAT CHANGING YOUR SERVER SETTINGS WILL MAKE QUIT FIRE UP !!! lol

i've seen some interesting coins burn out .. and this looks like it could be the time for Quit to do so.
except you have built an interesting infrastructure around the e-shops ..

obviously a payment gateway is useful, but given the manual handling of orders - is it truly necessary at this point. when you can handle payments manually ?? i guess the tricksy bit is to work out current conversion rate.

i support you. it's a shame i really cant do much except run a node. . .
and egg you on Cheesy

;;;;

speaking of ico's
this looks interesting.
http://www.caseyresearch.com/articles/equity-crowdfunding-for-the-rest-of-us

makes me wonder what the deal with crowdfunding with crypto rewards until australian law.

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
QuitDough (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:32:38 AM

So pine whats your take on offering quit to the community? being i started it my main concern is the scammers as my name was on it from the start and if its just for a pump then NO i would rather let it go and go do my real work
I would only hand this over to supporters of Quit not randoms f*&%ers

that article was interesting for a few reasons, none crypto related

pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 09:02:38 AM

well i guess that i cant see QUIT as anything special without your work on the shopfronts.

coins are really only reliant on a central body to oversee things like code changes, so all appropriate bodies (exchanges, explorers etc) remain on the "official" fork

coins used to facilitate business in some ways are generally also reliant on work done (such as payment gateways, lite wallets). this is generally done by the dev as it facilitates their business plan.

tbh i think at this point you have put a lot of work in that you either kiss goodbye, keep slogging on, or adapt to a new model.

a) seems silly as it involves the e-shops. which seem like a good idea.
b) seems like hard work
c) opens large vistas of varying complexity and likelihood, and is fairly unknown

my view is that i feel you probably should just take a break and in a positive state, explore c)

my other view is that you probably have a good idea on how to run a business.
you need to look at Quit as the extension of that business (at this point anyway)
focus on the business and not Quit as a currency. as a currency it exists and is ready to serve any purpose.

hmm. random thoughts.
haha i hope it makes sense and helps.

community involvement sounds great. but needs to be quite skill specific at this point. it seems the most useful input at this point is working on something like the payment gateway.
either that or pure investment Smiley

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 09:43:11 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2015, 12:03:36 AM by drays

If Australian laws are restrictive about ICO, maybe it makes sense for somebody else to organize that ICO (some member of BCT community, who has no problem with this, either because of his country does not have such laws, or because he is anonymous).

QUIT is very legit project, and it would be really pitiful if such project goes to oblivion. There is a lot of work done, and dropping it at this stage is like stop swimming and sink when you almost reached the shore. There should be some respectful old member of this community who could involve in this and attract others, just I am not sure who that could be. Have you though of working with PICISI project (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=976386.0) and Armis (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=225066)? Maybe they can help to organize an ICO to raise money for payment gateway, or suggest some solution...

Another option could be to sell QUIT as a share of the e-cigs website business (kind of what is offered by Amber coin).

Anyway, as experience shows I am not well informed on what drives this community, I am just trying to generate some ideas, hoping for them to be helpful.

... this space is not for rent ...
kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 03:52:21 PM

QUIT throws in the towel
drays
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:12:20 PM

See this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1028119.msg11384307#msg11384307

It is actually unrelated to discussion here, however there is a interesting point: a capable and trusted developer and community member is ready to implement a payment gateway (for other coin) for only 2 BTC. I wonder if he would take the same job for QUIT for similar price, if offered so.

mmm01
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1053

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:36:36 PM

coin seems solid honest hardworking dev
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 05:08:13 AM

quit hasnt died yet Smiley

and there are a few different options available for payment gateways i've found in the altcoin services section, it's just whether they are applicable to the shops as they are now. which i guess is being compatible with wordpress.

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
QuitDough (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 08:10:01 AM

Sorry guys
I have had a few days off it all and feel more mellow (less hissy fits  Roll Eyes  )
Some good ideas, busy now but ill be back

Matt
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:15:22 PM

Sorry guys
I have had a few days off it all and feel more mellow (less hissy fits  Roll Eyes  )
Some good ideas, busy now but ill be back

Matt

lol sweet Smiley

i was just thinking the low coin count. 7.4 million.
also will help it from diving too low.

looks like pools are still dumping. . .

is there a requirement for the shop owners to hold their quit ?

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
4xrant

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 06:56:32 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2015, 11:24:51 PM by 4xrant

Yeah, don't get stressed out. To me the coin trading was just starting to regain traction. Having the volume above 2btc/day  was getting some good outside attention. That has been reset this week, but can be rebuilt once the dumpers are finished and we get our heads back in the game.

For being less than 6 months old, this coin has done a lot of good things. The payment gateway is a big step, but certainly attainable. I'd like to simply see a post where  'Quit coin was used to purchase this: <insert image here>'.  Lastly, I know you are busy with important things, but I've had 0 of 4 pm's replied to, kind of a bummer. Edit: PMs answered.
kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:42:32 PM

I don't get it, you could spend 1 BTC, get a ton of QUIT extremely cheap and the price would be 2000 sats and tons of interest would be in the coin all a sudden. Did you ever think being listed only on c-cex is an opportunity? Price is determined on a single exchange alone.

You can literally buy 1% of the coin for 15 bucks and the dev is not doing it even though he puts tons of work into this? This is crazy Huh
drays
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:02:12 PM

It's quiet here.. Smiley

Looks like opinions are divided 50/50... 7 voters are for takeover, other 7 - against. Not sure what this voting means though. How one could vote for takeover when there is no one yet ready to take the project...?
Lets imagine for a moment 100% of people vote for takeover. So what next? How the takeover will happen? Is there a candidate we are not aware of?

4xrant

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:21:35 PM

It's quiet here.. Smiley

Looks like opinions are divided 50/50... 7 voters are for takeover, other 7 - against. Not sure what this voting means though. How one could vote for takeover when there is no one yet ready to take the project...?
Lets imagine for a moment 100% of people vote for takeover. So what next? How the takeover will happen? Is there a candidate we are not aware of?

Yes, it is quiet. Other than kryptologist and pine we are not a very chatty community.

I have to say, I wouldn't read much into that poll, since it started off as a different question ... 'do you like the current POS...'  The main thing that the poll tells us is that there are at least 14 community members that have an opinion about this coin.

I'd like to get an update on the premine. Once there is less chance of a dump, I think trading will get back on track.

I hope Matt takes care of what he needs to and comes back at least to coordinate and delegate. Community members are cheap labor, bag-holders are free!

pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:09:01 AM

lol i never voted.
i think Quit is currently best served by staying as is.

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
4xrant

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:32:18 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2015, 02:46:22 PM by 4xrant

The faucet has a new URL

http://www.faucetrotator.ml/quitdough/

Edit: Looks like it is empty and may be on the old fork?

... The blockexplorer is down.  If this is going to stay down I could get one configured.
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 01:21:40 PM

exlorer is back up Smiley

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 01:32:17 PM

QUIT throws in the towel and quits?

A dev quitting is just the worst. Thanks for giving up on your investors. When BTC turns around and everyone is excited about crypto again, don't expect anyone to support you.
MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 01:33:35 PM

whats all this about quitting??

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: