Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:22:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dank Bank Deposits - dank's soul is claimed! - New music Nov 30th  (Read 128824 times)
BorderBits

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 07:22:29 AM

I want to say that it's really bad guitar playing, but it's not even guitar playing.  It's the equivalent of my cat walking across my piano.  I could teach ANYONE a chord or two and some basic strumming patterns in ten minutes.  If you give anyone a guitar who has the least bit of musical inclination, or even general curiosity, they will figure out a basic chord or at least a musical riff of some sort after a few hours. 

I don't even believe that a person needs traditional lessons to become good.  I've been playing 20 years with a total of five or six lessons over the years and have become good to the point where I've done some touring and studio work with an established band.  I mostly learned from trading licks with friends and TAB books of my favorite bands.  With motivation and an internet connection or some TAB books, face to face lessons are not a necessity (though, they certainly can help).  Have you ever googled a beginner's lesson?  Hell, google something advanced, and you'll probably drag some knowledge away from it.  What you've been doing is not in any way playing a guitar. 
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 07:49:48 AM

Are you kidding? dank is obviously the world's best guitar player. He will become famous, living in a mansion, selling marijuana pipes and shit.
drekk

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Who shot who in the what now?

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 10:19:13 AM

Are you kidding? dank is obviously the world's best guitar player. He will become famous, living in a mansion hookah lounge, selling marijuana pipes and shit.
FTFY.

☛ GPG Key / Fingerprint: CDFF 083A 3056 7DD8 B5B9  6687 726C AB05 D6AE 6148
☛ Overly attached BitMinter miner // 4pmlIE9idmlvdXMgdHJvbGwgaXMgb2J2aW91cy4g4pm
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 03:46:39 PM

I want to say that it's really bad guitar playing, but it's not even guitar playing.  It's the equivalent of my cat walking across my piano.  I could teach ANYONE a chord or two and some basic strumming patterns in ten minutes.  If you give anyone a guitar who has the least bit of musical inclination, or even general curiosity, they will figure out a basic chord or at least a musical riff of some sort after a few hours. 

I don't even believe that a person needs traditional lessons to become good.  I've been playing 20 years with a total of five or six lessons over the years and have become good to the point where I've done some touring and studio work with an established band.  I mostly learned from trading licks with friends and TAB books of my favorite bands.  With motivation and an internet connection or some TAB books, face to face lessons are not a necessity (though, they certainly can help).  Have you ever googled a beginner's lesson?  Hell, google something advanced, and you'll probably drag some knowledge away from it.  What you've been doing is not in any way playing a guitar. 
That's fine and dandy, but do you play off your soul?  I think that's the limiting factor.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 04:23:16 PM

That's fine and dandy, but do you play off your soul?  I think that's the limiting factor.

What noise does a soul make?
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 04:30:26 PM

This is the way I look at it: you can play with your ego, by learning chords, taking lessons, constructing a song, etc.  Or you can play with your soul, play in the moment by feeling the energy.  When you play with your soul, you are basically channeling the universe's energy (god) through you and into music.

I'm of the opinion that what the universe creates has been and always will be greater than what man does.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
CharlieContent

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 04:56:46 PM

This is the way I look at it: you can play with your ego, by learning chords, taking lessons, constructing a song, etc.  Or you can play with your soul, play in the moment by feeling the energy.  When you play with your soul, you are basically channeling the universe's energy (god) through you and into music.

When you play, you must be channelling the part of the universe that is a methane swamp on some far away planet, or a Mexico City garbage dump. Your "music" is shit. Perhaps you telling us that it is literally excrement, and you are channelling this shit through your guitar.

You have literally no guitar playing skill or any evidence of talent. Everyone has to start somewhere, but you are so utterly, utterly deluded about your own abilities. Unless you plan to corner a lucrative market in people paying you to be quiet, I think it will take many years of practice before you will ever earn a single cent from your guitar. And that is if you get over your aversion to actually learning how to play.

You cannot play guitar. You will not be a professional musician anytime soon. Anyone can see that. Everyone is telling you that. Why are you so deluded? I think you are either a dumb fuck or you are mentally ill.

If you actually want to make a success out of your life, you need to snap out of these insane, narcissistic delusions of grandeur. Anyone can see that you don't possess even a fraction of the skills, talent and intelligence that you claim. What do you think will happen to you if you carry on the path that you are going, instead of learning actual skills for real? It's funny that you talk about ego in such negative terms when your own ego is so preposterously inflated.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 05:08:30 PM

My ego's big, why, because I believe in myself?  Do I talk shit to people on the internet?

Thanks for your input though, obviously, 6 weeks of practice won't amount to godlike music.  I'm just getting started, remember, I said humans are growing exponentially.  We are still quite far from that steep curve in a couple months.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 05:13:37 PM

What noise does a soul make?

Mine screams in terror when opening one of danks soundcloud files.
CharlieContent

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 05:26:20 PM

My ego's big, why, because I believe in myself?  Do I talk shit to people on the internet?

Thanks for your input though, obviously 6 weeks of practice won't amount to godlike music.  I'm just getting started, remember, I said humans are growing exponentially.  We are still quite far from that steep curve in a couple months.

It's fine and normal to be useless on guitar after only six weeks practice (although in all honesty, if they put in the hours, most people are far better than you by that point). The problem is that you are claiming godlike talent with no godlike music to back it up with, and you are predicting godlike success in a very short timescale. Have you ever heard the phrase "Don't put the cart in front of the horse"?

Self belief is a good quality to have, but you are claiming that you will absolutely, definitely be a "successful musician" by the end of this year. You are absolutely nowhere near!

Self belief is: "If I work hard and focus I will be able to achieve my dreams." It's not: "I will definitely be a rock star in 3 months even though I currently suck balls."

If you were claiming the former then I would be encouraging you now. Honestly man, if you plan for success in a more rational way, with a more realistic timescale, then you have a much better chance of getting where you want to be.

Do I think you will be a successful rock star one day? Hell, I dunno, maybe. But I think it's very unlikely. I have one friend who was signed to Interscope for a while a few years back, and another friend who was on Universal Republic more recently. They both were immeasurably talented, practiced and played live for years and years, they both got exceptionally lucky to be signed to major labels, and they both got dropped eventually after failing to get the kind of mainstream success that the label were hoping for. They are actually brilliant musicians and they got chewed up and spit out by the music industry.

You are a beginner, a beginner who isn't actually taking to it too well, and you think you can succeed where they failed? Ok, I admit, it's possible, eventually, if you put in all the effort that they did and even more, but after just three months? No fucking way. It's not going to happen Dank.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 06:42:01 PM

I believe if I work hard and focus my energy on guitar, I will reach my dreams.  Perhaps, it sounds a little cocky to say I will be X good in X months, but my lifetime of sensing/feeling the future is what gives me the confidence to say that.  Whatever you believe is true, after all, we create our reality in the mind.

As senbon mentioned, time is going faster, exponentially, as more change happens in less time, everyday.  This year has felt like several lifetimes, to me, due to the amount of what I experienced.  Those that adjust their frequency to change with the universe will be impacted by the change.  All it takes is love.

2012 is real, it's not the end of the world, in a destructive manner, it's the end of our illusion of a world.

Senbon sent me this video, while it's not where I learned what I know, I feel like it does a good job describing the oncoming changes and validity of spiritualism through scientific means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVUU3p5iHMA

CharlieContent

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 07:23:00 PM

I believe if I work hard and focus my energy on guitar, I will reach my dreams. 

Well that is reasonable.

Perhaps, it sounds a little cocky to say I will be X good in X months, but my lifetime of sensing/feeling the future is what gives me the confidence to say that.  Whatever you believe is true, after all, we create our reality in the mind.

That isn't reasonable.

As senbon mentioned, time is going faster, exponentially, as more change happens in less time, everyday. 

No, it doesn't.

This year has felt like several lifetimes, to me, due to the amount of what I experienced.  Those that adjust their frequency to change with the universe will be impacted by the change.  All it takes is love.

What?

2012 is real, it's not the end of the world, in a destructive manner, it's the end of our illusion of a world.

No, it isn't.

Senbon sent me this video, while it's not where I learned what I know, I feel like it does a good job describing the oncoming changes and validity of spiritualism through scientific means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVUU3p5iHMA

What?

I think you must be a fictional character created by an anti-drug campaign.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 08:05:55 PM

What's your reasoning?  Time is going faster.  Look at the advancements in human history in the last year, decade and century and compare that to the last millennial or longer.  The advancements in technology and communication allow us to evolve faster, we can learn and process more information faster than before.  An idea has the potential to spread around the world in a matter of minutes, or seconds even, rather than months or years before.

Try understanding before rejecting.  If you don't understand something, ask questions to get a better understanding.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 08:36:53 PM

It's funny that you talk about ego in such negative terms when your own ego is so preposterously inflated.

Kind of like how he maintains that money is unimportant but he's always asking other people for it.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
fgervais

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:05:35 PM

What's your reasoning?  Time is going faster.  Look at the advancements in human history in the last year, decade and century and compare that to the last millennial or longer.  The advancements in technology and communication allow us to evolve faster, we can learn and process more information faster than before.  An idea has the potential to spread around the world in a matter of minutes, or seconds even, rather than months or years before.

Try understanding before rejecting.  If you don't understand something, ask questions to get a better understanding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerating_change#Kurzweil.27s_The_Law_of_Accelerating_Returns

Problem is, it applies on a macro scale, not to individuals.

Oh, 88 days left to be "one of the best guitar players in the world", what ever the fuck that means.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:15:11 PM

Yes, because I chose for our society to be based off greed and possessions, that was my choice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerating_change#Kurzweil.27s_The_Law_of_Accelerating_Returns

Problem is, it applies on a macro scale, not to individuals.

Oh, 88 days left to be "one of the best guitar players in the world", what ever the fuck that means.
Did you even read that?  The dude wrote a book talking about approaching singularity and paradigm shifts becoming more frequent.  He even mentions spirituality and the fact that less time is needed for more change.

How could you say technology has no direct influence over the rate at which humans evolve?

fgervais

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:28:56 PM

It does. On a macro scale, not an individual scale.

Stop twisting stuff to fit your world view.

Inb4 singularity will make me a rock god.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 10:17:36 PM

How?  Technology makes humans smarter as a species, but not individual humans?  How can a species evolve, if the organisms aren't evolving their self?  And how can humans exist, in an ever changing world, without evolving?

I have three people doing a research project, one can only talk to other people about it, one can read books for information and one can use the internet.  You're telling me the ones with greater access to information/technology will not learn and evolve faster?

fgervais

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 11:26:12 PM

How?  Technology makes humans smarter as a species, but not individual humans?  How can a species evolve, if the organisms aren't evolving their self?  And how can humans exist, in an ever changing world, without evolving?

I have three people doing a research project, one can only talk to other people about it, one can read books for information and one can use the internet.  You're telling me the ones with greater access to information/technology will not learn and evolve faster?

This is the part where I link a couple of studies, articles, blah blah blah. You're not going to read them. Skip.

You're confusing group intelligence with individual intelligence. While it's true individual intelligence will get some gains from the exponential augmentation of knowledge, this involves constant self-actualization, with you know, education. It's not a passive, bleed through process.

I just upgraded my internet at home from a cable 120 meg line to a fiber gigabite link. Kicking my throughput that much will allow me to add a couple of clusters in my R&D park, and interface waaaay faster with my AWS instances. My tools just got a manly as fuck buff, which in turn allows me to work better, faster, which means I have less downtime in my research, so I process information faster. I get smarter in the sense that I have access to better info, faster.

Meanwhile, you play guitar from the soul, whatever that fucking cliché means in practice. My theory is that you make funny faces when you're, ahem, playing. Do you use the advances in telepresence to book a teacher by videoconference? Do you use analysis tools to fine tune your sound? Do you search the web for information on sound engineering? Do you use better search tools to find sheet music more suited to your tastes and styles? Can you even read sheet music?

Nah, while the world is indeed getting smarter as a group, and in some case on an individual level, you regress in mysticism and keep fooling yourself into thinking you're an artiste.

Just because the local cell carrier upgrades the cell tower near your home from 3G to LTE doesn't mean you get a +5 bonus to your IQ by proximity.

Oh, and 87 days left.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 11:36:48 PM

What's wrong with you, Dank?

Signature space available for rent.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: