Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:59:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool  (Read 118816 times)
prochobo

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:49:45 PM

What's up with the stales?  I'm using the "VIP" direct address and I was getting < 2%.  For about the past week I've been getting ~9% stales.

Where do I apply for the "VIP" direct address?  Cool

Go to your account settings and scroll down.  There's bold red text that tells you the address.  If you don't see it, then unfortunately you don't qualify.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gramma

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 08:15:32 PM

What's up with the stales?  I'm using the "VIP" direct address and I was getting < 2%.  For about the past week I've been getting ~9% stales.

Where do I apply for the "VIP" direct address?  Cool

Go to your account settings and scroll down.  There's bold red text that tells you the address.  If you don't see it, then unfortunately you don't qualify.

Just a data point from a non-VIP peon - I am getting a lot of stales now too, whereas I wasn't when I started earlier today.

(PS - I sure don't expect to be a "VIP" the day I join anything. But now that I know that there is a Super Speshul club that is somewhat occult (I don't see a Path to VIPdom, just the comment above about a magical message containing the secret), I am left to wonder what I am missing out on, and/or how I might be subsidizing the Annointed Ones. Kind of a sour taste.)

BTC: 1MrNRPo7p8DEyxn87c9BCGwrbatBQeCHc1
gramma

Activity: 194

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 08:47:13 PM

I think you're speshul  Grin

Heh. You and my husband, both.

Mine from your own p2pool node.  100% uptime, no fees, DDOS-proof.

Gonna look into that. I am geeky, but utterly unqualified to be a geek. Nevertheless, with all the DDOS going on, maybe it's time to graduate from easy mode.

BTC: 1MrNRPo7p8DEyxn87c9BCGwrbatBQeCHc1
burnside (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 08:10:44 AM

Mining works, but website is down....  :S

That's what I thought too, but the website was up for a brief time this morning and NONE of the work I did yesterday showed up. Also zero auto payouts and I have it set to 1LTC, there should have been several by now. It appears to be working fine, but I think the shares are going into the void.

Sorry about the late update.  We are definitely under DDoS.  I had shifted the site away from the DDoS service to see if stales improved and within a few hours we were under attack and down again.

The attack caused some crons to fail.  The crons lock and unlock as they start and finish so when the ddos interrupted them they stopped running until I manually cleared the locks.  Once I did that, all the block payouts caught up and paid out, though because of the ddos, payouts today sucked anyway.

I did make some progress today toward shifting to the new server.  I think by tomorrow i'll be able to move all the DB services over to it.

A couple people have pointed me at the elgius pool software for stratum.  It looks promising. I'll give it a whirl soon!

Cheers.
skang

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

from democracy to self-rule.

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:10:56 PM

Thanks for the response BurnSide!

GoGOGO!

"India is the guru of the nations, the physician of the human soul in its profounder maladies; she is destined once more to remould the life of the world and restore the peace of the human spirit.
But Swaraj is the necessary condition of her work and before she can do the work, she must fulfil the condition."
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:14:42 PM

I keep switching back, because apparently coinotron is under attack too, but the stales are over 30%. Sad

prochobo

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:51:41 PM

Thanks burnside.  You must've done something right, my stales have decreased by about 30%.  Still pretty high, but I can deal with it.
and0r

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:53:34 PM

too many stales, but i did get paid
theres about 0.3 LTC worth of missing coin from my overall successful mining shares ive should have gotten payed for after doing on the math (yes im factoring in donation amount) which is kind of odd

will have pull out of this pool
but might come back when things are running smooth again...
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 09:40:51 PM

too many stales, but i did get paid
theres about 0.3 LTC worth of missing coin from my overall successful mining shares ive should have gotten payed for after doing on the math (yes im factoring in donation amount) which is kind of odd

will have pull out of this pool
but might come back when things are running smooth again...

This page shows the math used for payouts: http://ltc.kattare.com/blocks.php

Cheers.
zenrith

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:47:03 AM

Hi

New to this pool and new to ltc.  I am very interested in pushing my btc hardware to mine entirely for ltc as ASIC's move in.

What is the estimated establish time for Stratum on this pool? 

What can be done to lower the stale rate until Stratum is setup?
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 01:37:05 AM

New to this pool and new to ltc.  I am very interested in pushing my btc hardware to mine entirely for ltc as ASIC's move in.

Welcome!

What is the estimated establish time for Stratum on this pool? 

No ETA at the moment.  I'm working on it in my "spare" time.  Wink

What can be done to lower the stale rate until Stratum is setup?

We're working on rolling out some new hardware.  I expect that tonight (in about 2-3 hours) I'll be taking the site down and moving things around.  I'll do my best to minimize impact to the miners, but there will definitely be brief interruptions.

Cheers.
zenrith

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:48:32 AM

Thanks for the info.  I'll check back daily to see updates.

SynOps

Activity: 140

BitFi Services

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 08:26:30 AM

Missing a few withdrawals made to btc-e from last week. The we all under 1 LTC, it seems if i do 1 LTC auto send it works just fine and I get deposits.  Whom do I contact about that?

SynOps

Activity: 140

BitFi Services

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 04:17:32 PM

Missing a few withdrawals made to btc-e from last week. The we all under 1 LTC, it seems if i do 1 LTC auto send it works just fine and I get deposits.  Whom do I contact about that?

Missing another 2 deposits made since my last post.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 07:41:07 PM

is there stratum

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 02:43:14 AM

When I go to this page: http://ltc.kattare.com/blocks.php

I'm getting this error: Unknown or incorrect time zone: 'Europe/London'

Forgot to load the timezone info into mysql.  Thanks for the tip!  It should be fixed now.  Wink
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 02:44:33 AM

Missing another 2 deposits made since my last post.

What did you have it set to?
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 02:47:36 AM

Hi, when i try to login i get "This account has been locked, too many failed attempts."
And i haven't even logged in to my account that many times.
My username is username, yes, literally "username", maybe thats the reason?

Hope you can fix this, thanks.

That's going to be a persistent problem.  Accounts get locked when other people try to log into them.  I guarantee 'username' is going to be a perpetual issue because it's what we pre-populate the login box with... can I change that to something else for you?  PM me.

Cheers.
c1010010

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:56:33 AM

Mining works, but website is down....  :S

That's what I thought too, but the website was up for a brief time this morning and NONE of the work I did yesterday showed up. Also zero auto payouts and I have it set to 1LTC, there should have been several by now. It appears to be working fine, but I think the shares are going into the void.

Sorry about the late update.  We are definitely under DDoS.  I had shifted the site away from the DDoS service to see if stales improved and within a few hours we were under attack and down again.

The attack caused some crons to fail.  The crons lock and unlock as they start and finish so when the ddos interrupted them they stopped running until I manually cleared the locks.  Once I did that, all the block payouts caught up and paid out, though because of the ddos, payouts today sucked anyway.

I did make some progress today toward shifting to the new server.  I think by tomorrow i'll be able to move all the DB services over to it.

A couple people have pointed me at the elgius pool software for stratum.  It looks promising. I'll give it a whirl soon!

Cheers.

Sorry to be dense... But why the DDoS? There is always motivation for actions.  What is the motivation here?

YOU TOO CAN BE A MILLIONAIRE – INFINITECOIN Infinite possibilities – http://infinitecointalk.org          
zenrith

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:13:04 AM

Why DDOS?  These attacks are system wide on every Ltc and Btc pool on the planet.  Ever since the Cyprus financial crisis and its lead up, bitcoin and litecoin have had amazing growth.  With this growth has come fear from many groups outside of the btc/ltc "world".  Speculation on how btc/ltc can and is affecting real world currencies is scaring the crap out of major financial institutions and many world governments. 

It should come as no surprise that using or purpetuating btc/ltc makes targets of us all by old world financial as we are using a non-traceable, non-taxable form of currency and trade. 

Ask yourself, if you were the head of a national central bank and you noticed hundreds of millions of dollars being dumped into some digital currency, wouldn't you want it stopped?

Now ask yourself, what groups on the planet have the power to knock out both btc/ltc exchanges AND most of the btc/ltc mining pools at the same time?  Any moderately well-read person will come up with is rather small list with that specific capability...

I will continue to mine despite the current issues.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: