Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:13:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool  (Read 118816 times)
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 06:58:05 AM

burnside, add the ability to reduce difficulty for a certain worker so that shares are found easier.

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 08:47:20 AM

burnside, add the ability to reduce difficulty for a certain worker so that shares are found easier.

why

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Derringer

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:25:22 PM

why

A number of pools implement variable-difficulty shares so that any given worker is submitting at a roughly constant rate whether it's a CPU-mining Raspberry Pi or an overclocked 6-GPU monster.  It helps the pool by preventing it from being share-spammed into oblivion by large rigs, and helps the miner by giving relatively stable error bounds on share submission.
Chuck Finley

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:36:37 PM

After the issues p2pool was having the other day I tried hopping back on here. After seeing my stales shoot up to 50%+ I had to switch pools again. It looks like the pool hash rate has dropped to 166 mhash so apparently a bunch of people are jumping ship - what's going on?

thepwnorbpwnd

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:07:11 PM

Seeing one of my miners dc and the rest get twice the regular stale rate. Still, more share of the pot for me. We're down to 231 mhash.
#Darren

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:55:52 AM

burnside's not gone, just preoccupied.  Between LitecoinGlobal, btct.co, Kättare Hosting, LTC-MINING, ASICMINER-PT, and whatever else he's gotten into since I last looked, administering the pool is probably just not a high priority.  I got an email from him today regarding ASICMINER-PT so I know he's still lurking.

I have litecoin in his pool that I cannot withdraw. 

████████████████
   ████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████   ███████████████████
█████████████████        ███████████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████            ████████████
█████████████████             ███████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████            ███████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████      ███████████████
█████████████████ ████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
     █████████████████
          ████
DIA | OPEN ACCESS FINANCIAL DATA
gisfrancisco

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:28:53 PM

Had to jump ship 60-70% stales are an asswhooping.went to another pool and stales running 10-15%.
zenrith

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 04:30:20 AM

Burnside! 

When I attempt to log into the website, I get redirected back to the login screen.

Where are you?  What has happened and how can this be fixed.
skyhigh2004

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 05:23:52 AM

Had to jump ship 60-70% stales are an asswhooping.went to another pool and stales running 10-15%.

You should give Invasion Mining Network a shot.  I've been getting on average less than a percent stales for the last few days I've been mining there.  Also its been a pretty lucky pool, I regularly get more than my estimated payout.

BTC:157BZV5z5dEdEoE5KSr5D7CQGXamLpsZ7n  LTC:LYCf5PnQpXCCmpR4ka3mR8DFDe5hKhTdfc
MEC:MAgTT8QdhVCkgHTkUoKvs4w1TQvv3NU99v  DGC:D8Ubh9oYTpSe1HEBptY8wf6ZrPpj7bhkV5
FTC:6hb1VsGzkej4kSsssGA4FMnkCoVp7PLi8D  PXC:PqQwQKJoYxGSVrKtVfDa5aaJVL9Yevhb2b
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:45:32 AM

why

A number of pools implement variable-difficulty shares so that any given worker is submitting at a roughly constant rate whether it's a CPU-mining Raspberry Pi or an overclocked 6-GPU monster.  It helps the pool by preventing it from being share-spammed into oblivion by large rigs, and helps the miner by giving relatively stable error bounds on share submission.

Vardiff is great but the pool software has to support it.  (I doubt pushpool does)  The only version of Stratum that works with Litecoin is the vipaerus modified one, and that one doesn't support vardiff.  So he'd have a fair bit of programming to do to implement vardiff on his pool.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
paulsltc123

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 01:14:15 AM

How come so little action in this thread?
And why are there so many miners here when the efficiency of this pool is so low and with such a high rate of stales!!?
I'm so surprised at this...a waste of hashrate, power, time, etc...wasn't the pool owner supposed to be doing something about this? Or is he still not even around? I'm a bit confused
Chuck Finley

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:32:41 PM

And why are there so many miners here when the efficiency of this pool is so low and with such a high rate of stales!!?
I'm so surprised at this...a waste of hashrate, power, time, etc...wasn't the pool owner supposed to be doing something about this? Or is he still not even around? I'm a bit confused

Probably because everyone left. I've got to assume all those small time guys "set it and forget it" (and there was even one guy who was getting from 50-150 MEGAhash who had for at least a week or more somewhat like 90% stales. Incredible.) Burnside, although around here (and seen online at the LTC forums) stopped responding to this thread a while ago (maybe stratum became too much of a PITA to set up?) I'm sure he's still making a bunch from the guys still mining anyways (they had a hell of a lucky day yesterday too looking at their block stats!)

When I used to mine there I think the pool rate was in the mid 300s to low 400s but now it's down to what, 160ish mhash? It's too bad, I really did like this pool when things were working well!

burnside (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 08:41:35 AM

Probably because everyone left. I've got to assume all those small time guys "set it and forget it" (and there was even one guy who was getting from 50-150 MEGAhash who had for at least a week or more somewhat like 90% stales. Incredible.) Burnside, although around here (and seen online at the LTC forums) stopped responding to this thread a while ago (maybe stratum became too much of a PITA to set up?) I'm sure he's still making a bunch from the guys still mining anyways (they had a hell of a lucky day yesterday too looking at their block stats!)

When I used to mine there I think the pool rate was in the mid 300s to low 400s but now it's down to what, 160ish mhash? It's too bad, I really did like this pool when things were working well!

I suspect a lot of the 50%+ stales situations had to do with the DDoS protection service.  Mining looks a whole lot like a DDoS to a protective service.  Request after request from the same IP's.  Wink

I think someone had asked about vardiff.  I hate to say it, but the software definitely does not support it.  It'd take way more time than I have to implement it.  Sorry.  Sad

For everyone that has been waiting patiently for stratum, I apologize.  Derringer had it right.  I've been buried in my day job and btct.co/litecoinglobal.com responsibilities.  The good news is that as of tonight, I have experimental stratum support up and running.  If you're logged in, you can get the connection URL from the "Get Started" page.  Wink  My test miners using stratum have less than half the stales.  Very impressive.

I've also reduced the difficulty a bit.  I'm not sure I'll keep it that low, but I figured it's worth a shot.

Cheers.
tonyk2005

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:54:03 AM

Hey Burnside,
Id just like to thank you for the stratum support.  Been mining away for the last 48 hours with it and my stales are down from 20% to 0.1%.  Fantastic job man, hopefully this will encourage more miners back to the pool.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:17:58 PM

Hey Burnside,
Id just like to thank you for the stratum support.  Been mining away for the last 48 hours with it and my stales are down from 20% to 0.1%.  Fantastic job man, hopefully this will encourage more miners back to the pool.

That's great news, thank you for trying it out!
odie158

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:54:29 PM

Hey Burnside,

I am really happy about the stratum too. I was getting 11% stales and thinking about changing pools. Now I don't have to. I like you because you're at least partially in Oregon. if you're ever in P-town I'd love to meet you and buy you a coffee to thank you for the neat ltc related thing that you have done.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 07:27:59 PM

Hey Burnside,

I am really happy about the stratum too. I was getting 11% stales and thinking about changing pools. Now I don't have to. I like you because you're at least partially in Oregon. if you're ever in P-town I'd love to meet you and buy you a coffee to thank you for the neat ltc related thing that you have done.

I'll be flying into PDX this weekend for a friend's wedding.  Gonna be crazy busy tho.  Really appreciate the offer!  Wink
odie158

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:06:16 PM

Hey Burnside,

I'll be flying into PDX this weekend for a friend's wedding.  Gonna be crazy busy tho.  Really appreciate the offer!  Wink
Ok, instead I will donate 1%. Really not a bad trade going from losing 10%+ in stales to a 1% donation. I kind of feel like a shmuck.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 07:40:20 AM

Ok, instead I will donate 1%. Really not a bad trade going from losing 10%+ in stales to a 1% donation. I kind of feel like a shmuck.

Heh, no problem.  I really (really) appreciate the donation!
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 08:33:51 AM

I fixed the postfix config this evening.

Some people were having issues with the password recovery and I realized when I was looking into it that postfix was broken.

An unintended side effect is that now the dead worker notifications are working again as well.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not flag them as spam.  Instead, log in and turn them off if you no longer want them.  It's really easy to do from the worker management interface in the account settings page.  (worst case, let me know your email address and I'll turn them off for you.)

Cheers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: