Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:12:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 [650] 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916368 times)
robix

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 07:17:27 PM

What do you guys think is the reason that FC doesn't update anymore? I'm sure there is a reason.

I'd say the primary reason is because there is not much to say at the moment.
I don't think so. What about hashrate? Does anyone know why it is so low, what is the plan? There is really much to explain.

Small divs, no hashrate, no updates. He knows that the shareprice goes down as a result.
Why do you assume FC cares about the current share price?

I don't assume he cares about current share price. But he should care about his shareholders.
And he cares. Dividends are paid. Aren't they? They are low becuse network hashrate is increasing and sales of hardware are way less profitable than ever (smaller amount with smaller price tag)
Paying divs is his obligation, not taking care of shareholders.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 07:19:47 PM

User 67117 showed up on rankings of BTCguild. If I remember corectly this is AM user account. Back to pool mining?

Yes it is.
Aaaannnnndddd... He's gone from rankings...

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 07:25:11 PM

What do you guys think is the reason that FC doesn't update anymore? I'm sure there is a reason.

No that's just some depressed kid who invested in Icedrill

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 07:28:21 PM

User 67117 showed up on rankings of BTCguild. If I remember corectly this is AM user account. Back to pool mining?

Yes it is.

What hashrate did it get up to?
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:27:18 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2013, 10:27:25 PM by glendall

Wow I can't believe the price is this low.

I'm gonna have to buy. I have no option. I'm very compelled.

The 24hr low of 1.6-odd sort of scares me (as I'm holding a decent amount of shares) but hey, so it is.

Side note: Ever since I ignored Vycid this thread has really improved.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
conv3rsion

Activity: 310

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:38:56 PM

I've said it before, there is a huge incentive for friedcat to withhold as much (and communicate as little) as he can justify from his paying dividends in order to

1) Bolster the company in the longer term through reinvestment
2) Not give strategic guidance to his competitors
3) Increase his holdings in the company and the lowest possible purchase price prior to more public actions

That said, the average hashrate was never sustained over 60TH/S. So, unless friedcat made more money selling products than he would have mining from them, there is not a victory. However, considering the markup and the fact that nothing ever sold will ROI in bitcoin, and the obvious opportunity to completely dominate asic sales for months, its possible that sourcing has been nearly as much of an issue for friedcat as it has been for everyone else in this space. Who knows. I do know that blades are already more price competitive than anything else shipping and that they likely still have an incredible markup (which we will soon learn about if they continue to drop in price).

Either he's totally beaten, giving up, or doing what a smart and rational actor would. Place your bets either way.
Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:54:14 PM

I've said it before, there is a huge incentive for friedcat to withhold as much (and communicate as little) as he can justify from his paying dividends in order to

3) Increase his holdings in the company and the lowest possible purchase price prior to more public actions

That said, the average hashrate was never sustained over 60TH/S. So, unless friedcat made more money selling products than he would have mining from them, there is not a victory. However, considering the markup and the fact that nothing ever sold will ROI in bitcoin, and the obvious opportunity to completely dominate asic sales for months, its possible that sourcing has been nearly as much of an issue for friedcat as it has been for everyone else in this space. Who knows. I do know that blades are already more price competitive than anything else shipping and that they likely still have an incredible markup (which we will soon learn about if they continue to drop in price).

Either he's totally beaten, giving up, or doing what a smart and rational actor would. Place your bets either way.

Every day he does not publish a planned price, spec and release date for his Gen 2 hardware, he is losing customers who choose to preorder with his competition.

Are you suggesting his competition is not acting rationally, since they have all released their plans?

Points 1 and 3 sound pretty similar, by the way.

lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:04:16 PM

Every day he does not publish a planned price, spec and release date for his Gen 2 hardware, he is losing customers who choose to preorder with his competition.

Are you suggesting his competition is not acting rationally, since they have all released their plans?

The competitors are acting rationally but they act different than ASICMINEr because they have a different history of such success and different position in the market. Hence it is rational for F.C. to act this way.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
conv3rsion

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:09:25 PM

That is not and has never been his business model. He has never

1) Accepted preorders
2) Given planned prices or specs
3) Announced availability dates for new products

Friedcat is the anti BFL. Some people appreciate that. Potential "customers" who want to preorder vaporware are not his market.

If what I'm suggesting is true, that his biggest issues are sourcing-related, then he has worked at every step to maximize profit correctly and rationally.
Vycid

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:10:28 PM

The competitors are acting rationally but they act different than ASICMINEr because they have a different history of such success and different position in the market. Hence it is rational for F.C. to act this way.

That doesn't account for the lost sales FC is suffering. Reputation alone doesn't mean his product will be cheaper or more efficient than the competition (who are actually largely more qualified to be making ASICs), so without information people will choose Cointerra or HashFast or whatever.

It WOULD be rational for FC to say nothing if he has an inferior product.

Vycid

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:13:29 PM

That is not and has never been his business model. He has never

1) Accepted preorders
2) Given planned prices or specs
3) Announced availability dates for new products

Friedcat is the anti BFL. Some people appreciate that. Potential "customers" who want to preorder vaporware are not his market.

If what I'm suggesting is true, that his biggest issues are sourcing-related, then he has worked at every step to maximize profit correctly and rationally.

He's never needed to release specs before because he never had competition.

He's not the "anti-BFL", come on. He's a businessman, and a good one, and he understands the importance of announcing his product.

conv3rsion

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:13:40 PM

That doesn't account for the lost sales FC is suffering. Reputation alone doesn't mean his product will be cheaper or more efficient than the competition (who are actually largely more qualified to be making ASICs), so without information people will choose Cointerra or HashFast or whatever.

Friedcat has had to stop taking orders at least twice for a short period in the last 2 months.

He is not losing sales of products he does not have.
lophie

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:14:38 PM

ASICMINER was different from the beginning. Hash first then sell hardware later. Until gen2 are online don't expect an update with an announcement about "available" gen2 products. It will be exactly like when ASICMINER started booming. Hash first, Sell hardware later.

conv3rsion

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:16:03 PM

He's not the "anti-BFL", come on. He's a businessman, and a good one, and he understands the importance of announcing his product.

Oh he's a good businessman but he hasn't ever pre announced a product just because he hasn't needed to (even though should have had to because he DID have other competitors taking preorders the entire time).

Right, actually nothing has changed. Gotcha.

You know, you suck at logic.
Vycid

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:17:18 PM

ASICMINER was different from the beginning. Hash first then sell hardware later. Until gen2 are online don't expect an update with an announcement about "available" gen2 products. It will be exactly like when ASICMINER started booming. Hash first, Sell hardware later.

Then we should understand that to mean that FC doesn't expect to have enough hardware to sell anytime soon. I maintain that FC is not a idiot.

What he has been doing with all the bitcoins he's been siphoning from dividends is beyond me.

conv3rsion

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:17:51 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nothing has changed
Vycid

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:19:40 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nothing has changed

Except it has. FC gave frequent updates during the early days. Check his post history, I'm on my phone. I'll dig out quotes later.

lophie

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:22:42 PM

Well then I would need some digging too for my estimation. Judging by what happened with gen1 after a large amount of funds were moved from the savings of ASICMINER. After 3 weeks we should be expecting a spike upward for ASICMINER hashrate. So enjoy 2-3 weeks of free money on arbitraging and price fluctuations guys.

I don't have a heart for daytrading so I am going to hold and read.... with alot of popcorn.

tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:25:12 PM

Yes pre-ordering has proved to be such a success story. Just look at BFL and Avalon. The people who pre-ordered with them are just elated. So there will be no risk pre-ordering with new unknowns. Roll Eyes
ajk
Donator

Activity: 447

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:33:11 PM

Friedcat probably had so much more time prior to having to deal with 1000's of Eruptor blades, the share price on BTCT is still only around 7-8% of the shares in circulation, I also believe that while he probably had a long term plan with the amount of competition coming to the market he is trying to adjust to have the best outcome for his company and investors, the company is still in its infancy in the overall outlook of things and we have witnessed first hand how quickly mining hardware outdates,

considering that I could literally crash the price to the ground by myself if I transferred my direct shares to BTCT I believe it is controlled by to small of a number of people for it to be accurate, people also tend to panic horribly with any type of news, what is FC doing withholding the dividends? probably exactly what he said hes going to do..

I am undoubtedly going to be purchasing at least 50K-100K USD worth of shares as it continues down because it very well might since most are investing on BTCT for the dividends and they are currently not that good, however, that still doesnt mean that FC  will not deliver on his promises considering that he has probably well over 1M USD for his reinvestment plans,

Pages: « 1 ... 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 [650] 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: