Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:26:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 [922] 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916346 times)
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:20:48 PM

I'm still interested to know if FC still has a solomining goal of 10% ...

When I was investing into this company ~ 1 year ago, it was publicly known that ASICminer's goal is to maintain at least 10% of global hashrate, so i did some calculations and bought shares. I was investing into mining company which goal was to mine bitcoins. I was not investing into chip manufacture which will be selling chips for fiat after one year. But yeah ... I am now in huge 75% loss, no point of selling now. I feel quite fucked by ASICminer.
If people were willing to buy those chips for more BTC than the expected amount the chip was going to mine in its lifetime, obviously selling them was a great choice.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
E f f e c T

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:59:30 PM

If there is anyone here who is looking to sell a large amount of shares via havelock transfer please PM me. Escrow only. No exceptions.
novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:11:14 PM

It would make sense for AM to offer Rockminer a discount for bulk chip purchases. This would make sense for any large buyer.

Anything other than that simply isn't going to happen. Rockxie will already benefit by an indirect "discount" through getting dividends from the sales Rockminer generates for AM. If you bought AM equipment as a shareholder, you got this "discount" too, although it was probably much smaller.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:36:25 PM

It would make sense for AM to offer Rockminer a discount for bulk chip purchases. This would make sense for any large buyer.

Anything other than that simply isn't going to happen. Rockxie will already benefit by an indirect "discount" through getting dividends from the sales Rockminer generates for AM. If you bought AM equipment as a shareholder, you got this "discount" too, although it was probably much smaller.
I sympathize with the assessment that reliable partners should get good prices. However, the discount argument is a fallacy - it follows the pattern to privatize profits and to socialize costs. Here the "society" is the overall group of shareholders. Actions like that are only justifiable if you can indicate certain problems like the tragedy of the commons.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
necro_nemesis

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:50:05 PM

Yes, well, it doesn't apply here. Again: What incentive does Friedcat have to keep the stock price high?

Simple 236,038 shares that would have far greater value than what the company earns this one round. In an environment where shareholder confidence is high he can sell shares at multiples of earnings without concern for effecting the price of the stock. Happens everyday on the market as declared insider trades.

When it was low or as it is could be perceived as low he could also offer to buy back shares if he wanted to do away with the investors, but he hasn't done that.

My thoughts, why friedcat doesn't care about the share price (which isn't bad)

Bitfountain's total number of shares is simply too high to be sold at a given market price. Selling even 1% of the shares would completely crash the market. During the 0.25 period there's been an especially low volume. Why would Friedcat keep the price up when he isn't even certain he'll be able to deliver gen 3 (which was uncertain back then).
He also stated that he doesn't like to work for others and prefers to work for himself, so he doesn't intend to sell the shares. Simple as that. This way, by doing a good work, he and his team ("Bitfountain") get 2/3 of everything that's considered profit. If they sold all their shares (which would be very very difficult due to the market depth), they'd have no reason to keep up the good work because they'd earn nothing. But by retaining 2/3 of the shares, they get the majority of the income while having the incentive to continue performing well. I believe it generates more income to continually do decent business, than dumping all your shares - which, again, is rather difficult.

A "normal" company would do as you describe. But this is Bitcoin land. It is unregulated, the rules are gray at best, everything can happen. We're basically at FC's mercy. But he has proven himself to be trustworthy, a good businessman and engineer. And this is more than you get at, say, 90% of Bitcoin companies. It simply is the most profitable thing for him to just keep up the good work. The stock price doesn't matter to him. If he wanted to do a final big scam (which I highly doubt, but of course can't guarantee it won't happen), he'd fabricate some awesome news or collect money for pre-orders. No one would suspect anything due to his high trustworthyness. But even that wouldn't be wise, since the market depth would - again - be too low to really profit him. And he'd lose all his potential future income. Again, simply keep up the good work is the way to go.
And I, for one, am not concerned, he'll pull off something bad, since I believe him to be an honest person. But remember, this is no investment/trading advice and I can't be held accountable.

tl;dr: He simply has no reason to care for the share price. Keeping the share price up or pulling of a scam would be incredibly stupid, both profit-wise and  future-business-wise

Ok we're getting into arguments which rely on exceptional circumstances that in your own words are not normal. Sit back and think for a moment why this time; this one extraordinary time in history, thing's are justifiably different.

I'd be more willing to accept the situation as it stands if there were investment information coming out but all we see is page upon page of shareholder speculation and not one simple answer. How much effort is it really to address shareholder's concerns regarding recent events.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:55:59 PM

Yes, well, it doesn't apply here. Again: What incentive does Friedcat have to keep the stock price high?

Simple 236,038 shares that would have far greater value than what the company earns this one round. In an environment where shareholder confidence is high he can sell shares at multiples of earnings without concern for effecting the price of the stock. Happens everyday on the market as declared insider trades.

When it was low or as it is could be perceived as low he could also offer to buy back shares if he wanted to do away with the investors, but he hasn't done that.

Bitfountain's total number of shares is simply too high to be sold at a given market price. Selling even 1% of the shares would completely crash the market. During the 0.25 period there's been an especially low volume. Why would Friedcat keep the price up when he isn't even certain he'll be able to deliver gen 3 (which was uncertain back then).
He also stated that he doesn't like to work for others and prefers to work for himself, so he doesn't intend to sell the shares. Simple as that. This way, by doing a good work, he and his team ("Bitfountain") get 2/3 of everything that's considered profit. If they sold all their shares (which would be very very difficult due to the market depth), they'd have no reason to keep up the good work because they'd earn nothing. But by retaining 2/3 of the shares, they get the majority of the income while having the incentive to continue performing well. I believe it generates more income to continually do decent business, than dumping all your shares - which, again, is rather difficult.

A "normal" company would do as you describe. But this is Bitcoin land. It is unregulated, the rules are gray at best, everything can happen. We're basically at FC's mercy. But he has proven himself to be trustworthy, a good businessman and engineer. And this is more than you get at, say, 90% of Bitcoin companies. It simply is the most profitable thing for him to just keep up the good work. The stock price doesn't matter to him. If he wanted to do a final big scam (which I highly doubt, but of course can't guarantee it won't happen), he'd fabricate some awesome news or collect money for pre-orders. No one would suspect anything due to his high trustworthyness. But even that wouldn't be wise, since the market depth would - again - be too low to really profit him. And he'd lose all his potential future income. Again, simply keep up the good work is the way to go.
And I, for one, am not concerned, he'll pull off something bad, since I believe him to be an honest person. But remember, this is no investment/trading advice and I can't be held accountable.

tl;dr: He simply has no reason to care for the share price. Keeping the share price up or pulling of a scam would be incredibly stupid, both profit-wise and  future-business-wise

Ok we're getting into arguments which rely on exceptional circumstances that in your own words are not normal. Sit back and think for a moment why this time; this one extraordinary time in history, thing's are justifiably different.

Because Bitcoin stock exchanges aren't regulated/supervised and the market depth is somewhat shallow. Not a justification, just an explanation.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
necro_nemesis

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:46:47 PM

I appreciate the explanation.  Smiley
sngwinner

Activity: 432

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:46:38 PM

tl;dr: He simply has no reason to care for the share price. Keeping the share price up or pulling of a scam would be incredibly stupid, both profit-wise and  future-business-wise

Miner, you realize that the rules are murky and it's unregulated but you haven't considered the other possibilities. Bitcoin use could take off and major companies and investors could become interested in buying a stake in a proven player in the ASIC manufacturing world. Bit fountain should have an interest in maintaining a healthy and relatively stable share price in the long term if it expects to cash in on this.

I consider myself in this ride for the long haul but it would certainly help if fried cat could provide some regular guidance and address the communication issue in the future. He chose to fund this company from the public and he has a fiduciary duty to the shareholders. So far I think he has acted in shareholders interests to a T but the communication would go a long way towards increasing investor confidence.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:53:28 AM

If there is anyone here who is looking to sell a large amount of shares via havelock transfer please PM me. Escrow only. No exceptions.

Care to specify what you consider large?  Some people consider a full share a large investment, others consider a board member a large holder and no one else... the range is huge.

necro_nemesis

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:35:10 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 09:32:52 PM by necro_nemesis

I consider myself in this ride for the long haul but it would certainly help if fried cat could provide some regular guidance and address the communication issue in the future. He chose to fund this company from the public and he has a fiduciary duty to the shareholders. So far I think he has acted in shareholders interests to a T but the communication would go a long way towards increasing investor confidence.

Somewhat unnerving with the shortage of information is the appearance of a departure from the appreciation of the need for transparency.

This is the most significant problem here. There has to be a way for the board members or wider shareholders to monitor our financials and business operations. Representations could be sent by the board and do much of the job, and when we grow larger some professional auditing will be also very important. We will keep everything as transparent as enough with the help of our investors.
rockxie

Activity: 284
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:00:54 AM

We(RockMiner) are just a large buyer to ASICMINER, and will/can not benefit by an indirect discount via my "board member" identity like I cooperated with ASICMINER before.We will purchase chips with the same price as other large buyers. Of course I am not saint, I hope we can buy chips with cheaper price, but you known FC is upright like Germanic people, there is no way to do this. We trust FC since 2012 and I think he deserves our trust in future. As I known he is doing his best as he can for ASICMINER, and contributed all his time for this project, he did not even have time to go home during the Chinese New Year holidays, do you really think FC will hurt ASICMINER shareholders?

ASICMINER will rise up,and RockMiner will rock you.

Thanks.
neilol-real

Activity: 142

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:11:33 AM

We(RockMiner) are just a large buyer to ASICMINER, and will/can not benefit by an indirect discount via my "board member" identity like I cooperated with ASICMINER before.We will purchase chips with the same price as other large buyers. Of course I am not saint, I hope we can buy chips with cheaper price, but you known FC is upright like Germanic people, there is no way to do this. We trust FC since 2012 and I think he deserves our trust in future. As I known he is doing his best as he can for ASICMINER, and contributed all his time for this project, he did not even have time to go home during the Chinese New Year holidays, do you really think FC will hurt ASICMINER shareholders?

Thanks.

Awesome and much needed post - would like confirm from the FC however.
aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:16:41 AM

Thanks.

Thank you for the further assurance, I wish you all the best.

I however highly encourage you to work with a native English speaker when you are posting official RockMiner things, as your current ability is not up to where it should be.  In the future you will have issues with people misunderstanding you and this will cause some harm... lots of people have a lot of money on the line here, and it would be a shame for all the harm to be from nothing more then the language barrier.

Franktank

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:48:42 AM

Thanks.

Awesome and much needed post - would like confirm from the FC however.

I'm curious if friedcat suggested that he post this, so it shows that BitFountain/AM will not be biased to any large scale buyer...
spartan82

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:52:28 AM

All this speculation, my goodness. Have a little faith people, FC has never done us any wrong so far. AM remains probably the most trusted investments in the bitcoin world
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:53:23 AM

If you read his post backwards you will see Friedcats real name and GPS location, along with future share prices...

I'm holding.

necro_nemesis

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:11:38 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 09:39:13 AM by necro_nemesis

@rockxie. From an upright or uptight Germanic person's perspective the posts are fine and can be understood within the context they are written without the need for an interpreter. Please do not hesitate to post information. If there is any need for clarification we will ask. This is not an interrogation. I applaud your efforts to keep us informed.
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:53:48 AM

What do you guys guess per share dividends will total over the next year?

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:07:35 AM

400,000 btc at least.

1btc/share
willBTC

Activity: 134

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:07:57 AM

400,000 btc at least.

1btc/share
My simple calculation result is around 0.5 btc.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ASICMINERTUBE
         The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far              Discover now!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 [922] 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: