Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:24:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916355 times)
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:06:55 PM

Am I missing something or does that seem like a pretty decent offer given the current situation?

Divs to date are ~0.0007 btc/share + 0.0003 btc/share = 0.001 btc/share.

So the total loss for IPO investors went from ~45% to ~20%.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:08:55 PM

Am I missing something or does that seem like a pretty decent offer given the current situation?

Divs to date are ~0.0007 btc/share + 0.0003 btc/share = 0.001 btc/share.

So the total loss for IPO investors went from ~45% to ~20%.

For Amhash3 holders, not so, they got paid 0.42 per TH do date if my math and dates are correct
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:15:39 PM

yip, on Amhash3 direct shares i have received 0.40598 per TH
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:18:27 PM

Now? There's been nothing left for over a year. Just smoke and mirrors.

Still a million dollar marketcap somehow.  I guess based on the chance that FC emerges?  Or that no one can get their shares from FC to sell them Smiley

What a mess.  I hope he has a change of heart and decides to come back and figure out a way to continue the company or dissolve it.  Running and hiding is childish, if that was his plan.

that's the only thing that gives me any (very faint) hope. FC is no idiot. To just run away is idiotic. of course, I can just imagine him and the rest of bitfountain drinking beers and reading these threads, laughing at us, knowing full well there is nothing we can do about any of this.

How is running away idiotic, exactly?

He's got a fortune. He's got the know how to create a new asic.

All he really loses is the goodwill of his fried cat name, which was valuable but not millions of dollars valuable.
would you hire a guy who ripped off so many people and ran? would you want anyone to know you employed or even cooperated with such a thief? would you give funds to such a man for future endeavors? if he did steal all this his name is mud, and not the fried cat name, but his actual identity, its all over these threads...there are too many detectives on the internet to remain completely anonymous.

a blatant theft such as what this appears to be is career suicide, at least in the btc/asic world, and trust me, if he surfaces in aerospace or some other tech related feild where his skills are valued, we will be more than willing to let his bosses, investors, partners know exactly the type of businessman he is.

I don't think he would be that reckless. swiping a few million is one thing, keeping the ability to earn potentially many many more millions is quite another.

granted, it doesn't look good, either way, and I hate to admit it but as of now it looks like he simply embezzled the whole AM and fled. no one can say 100% for sure yet as none of us know a thing. the board, it seems were just puppets who were never told anything to begin with, everything is in the dark. Chinese authorities are sure to be interested, but language barriers might make this difficult too.

which brings me full circle back to the top where I guess he actually did just fuck us all and take the money and run. why not? not a single person here can do shit about it. are you going to go to china, learn Chinese, then do all sorts of detective work, deal with Chinese authorities, hunt down fc and then take him to an abandoned warehouse where you hold a gun to his head and demand he give you all the btc?

i cant really blame all these various "securities" for scamming like they ALL do. Its the easiest burn in the world.

anyways, I'm moving forward with a new concern... anyone wanna buy shares in MY brand new, super excellent ASIC company? get in at IPO only 500000 shares at 0.1 each, super high returns, 100% guaranteed  Wink
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:41:50 PM

Ultimately despite what AMhashLC says or thinks, Amhash did turn out to be a ponzi scheme.
Holders were left to believe all was fine, when really they were not.
Someone runs off with the AMhash funds collected.
Amhash1 buyers come off the best, followed by amhash2, then amhash3 and sadly lastly we have those that just bought shareson the open market at 0.001 and will get back 0.0003.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 12:50:34 AM

so this thread is now an AMhash thread like all the others, is it?
I got out of amhash as soon as my 5btc turned into 6btc, like a month in. Its my AM1 shares that I'm mourning here.
how do i get into the chinese social medias that discuss FC, AM, et al?
gogxmagog
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:16:49 AM

and another thing...
has this been verified as the AM wallet held by FC? https://blockchain.info/address/3KBUuGko4H5ke7EVsq9B7PLK1c5Askdd7y

if so has anyone been able to follow the coins?

im looking at it but idk what im doing and get lost pretty quick. there is still 30k btc in it, but plenty moved out right around the bad news....

the majority went to 3KgtbGgaX2ngstNpvyv7LwpHSweVeqGbpM and 3MkwFfGNQDve7vz1z6gUDVxkuQpcSV3Mz8

after that, i have no idea?
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:23:50 AM

I got out of amhash as soon as my 5btc turned into 6btc, like a month in. Its my AM1 shares that I'm mourning here.

AMHash is like a bond AM (or whatever other party) owns the investors, so they have to pay back with whatever they left. However, the AM share is just a profit sharing (it's not even the share of the company bit fountain, if I am not wrong). Apparently AM has no liability to pay any dividend as long as there's no profit. Moreover, considering AM has already paid more than 6x of IPO price as the dividend, they really do not own the ( profit sharing) shareholder anything if they choose to close today.

I know it's really unfair for those bought AM shares at high price, but the reality is the reality.
TheIZS

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:52:48 PM

Ultimately despite what AMhashLC says or thinks, Amhash did turn out to be a ponzi scheme.
Holders were left to believe all was fine, when really they were not.
Someone runs off with the AMhash funds collected.
Amhash1 buyers come off the best, followed by amhash2, then amhash3 and sadly lastly we have those that just bought shareson the open market at 0.001 and will get back 0.0003.

Clearly you have no idea what a Ponzi is. As shady as the end was it was not a ponzi there was no inflow of new money.

1KRuaLy9R7r328m2H67xxnJ8QeAbvCDe6C

Mr. GARBOZO you lost your bet pay up 100BTC
conv3rsion

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 09:41:42 PM

AMHash is like a bond AM (or whatever other party) owns the investors, so they have to pay back with whatever they left. However, the AM share is just a profit sharing (it's not even the share of the company bit fountain, if I am not wrong). Apparently AM has no liability to pay any dividend as long as there's no profit. Moreover, considering AM has already paid more than 6x of IPO price as the dividend, they really do not own the ( profit sharing) shareholder anything if they choose to close today.

I know it's really unfair for those bought AM shares at high price, but the reality is the reality.

Umm, no thats not how it works. The shareholders collectively own all of AM assets. If AM closed today they have to liquidate those assets and return remaining the capital to the shareholders. Unlike the complex situation with AMHash, all AM assets are owned by just one company, which makes litigation easier if they did anything outside of the best interests for the shareholders.   
gogxmagog
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:08:09 PM

Umm, no thats not how it works. The shareholders collectively own all of AM assets. If AM closed today they have to liquidate those assets and return remaining the capital to the shareholders. Unlike the complex situation with AMHash, all AM assets are owned by just one company, which makes litigation easier if they did anything outside of the best interests for the shareholders.   

ye-this

which brings us back to the supposed AM blockchain address
it had 90 odd thousand btc before FC bailed- now has ~30K
is it AM's wallet? tracing the btc might help figuring out where he went.
whatever side of the coin you are on, nothing moves until those coins are accounted for. they are the coins that would pay out amhash holders, they are the coins that might prop AM up for another attempt at something.
just taking those coins and running away is embezzlement.
killer is, I made money off AM at first, bought back in later, and havent seen a penny profit since. really thought they were a contender. i even made money on AMhash1, treating it like a ponzi, i put btc in and took it right back out after I had my 20% gain. stayed away after that, but should have read the writing on the wall, amhash was the warning sign that all ethical standards and practices had left the building. poor fool me.
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 04:12:16 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 12:47:13 PM by BitThink

You can go to page 1 and read the first post. It was clearly written AM belongs completely to the investors of Bitfountain (not investors of ASICMINER). The AM share holders just have the right to get the mining profit.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 04:41:02 AM

You can go to page 1 and read the first post. It was clearly written AM belongs completely to the investors of Bitfountain (not investors of AMHASH). The AM share holders just have the right to get the mining profit.
and sales profits. most of what was sitting in FC's wallet. FC spending the contents of said wallet is embezzlement.
AMhash is another thread.
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:32:59 PM

You can go to page 1 and read the first post. It was clearly written AM belongs completely to the investors of Bitfountain (not investors of AMHASH). The AM share holders just have the right to get the mining profit.
and sales profits. most of what was sitting in FC's wallet. FC spending the contents of said wallet is embezzlement.
Yes, plus sales profit. But profit != revenue.
conv3rsion

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:51:15 PM

Yes, plus sales profit. But profit != revenue.

No but all current company assets, minus liabilities, are profit. Which is what is meant by liquidation.
jdany

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Inspired

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:54:44 PM

The strangest thing happened.  As soon as a stopped investing in bitcoin securities...

I had more bitcoins.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8010

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 04:19:24 PM

The strangest thing happened.  As soon as a stopped investing in bitcoin securities...

I had more bitcoins.

That sounds so crazy that it just might work!  I'm going to try that.... right after I buy another 100 shares of AM to hedge my bets Wink
OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 4732
Merit: 4240

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 04:28:04 PM

stayed away after that, but should have read the writing on the wall, amhash was the warning sign that all ethical standards and practices had left the building. poor fool me.

I tried to warn people early on.  This is what scares me about Spondoolies now taking the same ethical approach to their future business (i.e. selling finite cloudhashing contracts because it's easier and more profitable and passes more risk to the customer).  Once people take the path of using their reputation to screw their customers for profit, it is difficult to recover.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
delightcoin

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:46:18 PM

We are 4 shareholders and we are not going to accept this joke! We started the diplomatic correspondence with Chinese Embassy and we will put those scammers in jail, where they belong!
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:58:55 PM

stayed away after that, but should have read the writing on the wall, amhash was the warning sign that all ethical standards and practices had left the building. poor fool me.

I tried to warn people early on.  This is what scares me about Spondoolies now taking the same ethical approach to their future business (i.e. selling finite cloudhashing contracts because it's easier and more profitable and passes more risk to the customer).  Once people take the path of using their reputation to screw their customers for profit, it is difficult to recover.

There's a reason the entire industry has adopted cloudmining. (I think Avalon and 21e6 are the only manufacturers who are not involved with cloudmining)

Cloudmining is not only easier/more profitable for the sellers, but also for the buyers. They have economies of scale, home miners don't.

The only problem (which you guys seem to blame on the business model) is the lack of professional/trustworthy/non-scammy companies.

Sidenote: I find your issues with cloudmining to be a bit disingenuous seeing as how you're running some sort of mining related investment scheme.
Pages: « 1 ... 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: