Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:58:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916265 times)
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 11:58:29 AM

As not all the shares allocated for private sales have sold yet but the 30.000 shares on GLBSE sold out within 4 days wouldn't it make more sense to try and sell part of those shares allocated for private sales on GLBSE ?

Keep it totally transparent so people know exactly how many shares are up for grabs (private and GLBSE)

That will also keep arbitrage in this 'pre-ipo' at a minimum

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 12:59:27 PM

As not all the shares allocated for private sales have sold yet but the 30.000 shares on GLBSE sold out within 4 days wouldn't it make more sense to try and sell part of those shares allocated for private sales on GLBSE ?

Keep it totally transparent so people know exactly how many shares are up for grabs (private and GLBSE)

Thanks for your suggestion. We indeed have considered it. However, all current investors' choices are made on the expectation that 30,000 shares are publicly sold and the rest are for private bulk sale. We feel that it is not a good idea to change people's investment assumptions by changing our IPO policy. So we would rather keep the plan as it was, and let the market settle everything down.

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 01:00:43 PM

Thanks for your suggestion. We indeed have considered it. However, all current investors' choices are made on the expectation that 30,000 shares are publicly sold and the rest are for private bulk sale. We feel that it is not a good idea to change people's investment assumptions by changing our IPO policy. So we would rather keep the plan as it was, and let the market settle everything down.
I will be selling at close to the IPO price if anyone is interested PM me or place a bid and I will fill it ^^
//DeaDTerra
SmiGueL

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 01:02:18 PM

IPO The GLBSE ticker is ASICMINER. 200,000 shares are issued. Initially,
30,000 are for public sale. 170,000 are for private bulk purchase via PMs and the
asset transfer system of GLBSE. The ratio may be adjusted but the total number is
always 200,000.

I would also appreciate it if there would be another 30k shares on GLbSE Smiley
I read about this yesterday, but in the evening every share was gone (or reselled for BTC.25  Undecided)
But I want to support this project and buy from you directly..

Really want 100 shares Cheesy

Asicminer Hashrate Charts @ www.asicminercharts.com

Donations BTC: 1SmiGSGWXzD5aZhmw3jyfpBFCgiki45MT
Tachikoma

Activity: 938

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 01:08:58 PM

I feel a bit cheated buying shares above IPO price when the IPO isn't done yet. If I would have known there would be more shares coming I would rather have waited.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 01:13:23 PM

I feel a bit cheated buying shares above IPO price when the IPO isn't done yet. If I would have known there would be more shares coming I would rather have waited.

I am sorry but the number of 30,000 for public sale and 170,000 for private bulk sale was written in the thread at the time this IPO has started. And also, as I said in the reply above, no shares will be put as ask walls by ourselves.

DutchBrat

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 01:14:55 PM

IPO The GLBSE ticker is ASICMINER. 200,000 shares are issued. Initially,
30,000 are for public sale. 170,000 are for private bulk purchase via PMs and the
asset transfer system of GLBSE. The ratio may be adjusted but the total number is
always 200,000.

I would also appreciate it if there would be another 30k shares on GLbSE Smiley
I read about this yesterday, but in the evening every share was gone (or reselled for BTC.25  Undecided)
But I want to support this project and buy from you directly..

Really want 100 shares Cheesy

Indeed,

It says initially 30.000 are for public sale, the ratio might be adjusted

I can understand if you want to keep it at 30.000, but then I suggest you lower the threshold for private sales

What will happen if not enough funds are raised when private sales are insufficient, yet many people want to buy smaller lots of stock, and are now even willing to pay over the 0.1 initial pricing ?
DutchBrat

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 01:17:44 PM

I am sorry but the number of 30,000 for public sale and 170,000 for private bulk sale was written in the thread at the time this IPO has started. And also, as I said in the reply above, no shares will be put as ask walls by ourselves.

Our posts crossed and I never review newer posts before pressing enter Wink
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 01:18:54 PM

Indeed,

I can understand if you want to keep it at 30.000, but then I suggest you lower the threshold for private sales

What will happen if not enough funds are raised when private sales are insufficient, yet many people want to buy smaller lots of stock, and are now even willing to pay over the 0.1 initial pricing Huh

Thanks. The 5,000 and 10,000 thresholds are for becoming board members and have more extra shares. There are practically no threshold for bulk purchase. However I would prefer larger numbers, say, >500 shares, to reduce our manual work of the GLBSE transferring system.

DutchBrat

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 01:21:21 PM

Indeed,

What will happen if not enough funds are raised when private sales are insufficient, yet many people want to buy smaller lots of stock, and are now even willing to pay over the 0.1 initial pricing Huh

Thanks. The 5,000 and 10,000 thresholds are for becoming board members and have more extra shares. There are practically no threshold for bulk purchase. However I would prefer larger numbers, say, >500 shares, to reduce our manual work of the GLBSE transferring system.

Ah, I assumed private sales were 5000+ shares

Thanks for clearing that up
SmiGueL

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 01:46:47 PM

1: The first post made clear that 'the ratio may be adjusted' so there could be more shares issued at GLbSE.

2: Current investors knew from the first moment that 200k shares were issued. What would be the difference for them whether the shares are sold are private or trough GLbSE?
Totally nothing, 200k shares = 200k shares..

The ONLY difference is that if the 30k shares were sold out, they could probably sell them with a big profit.
So actually, by not issuing more shares, u are supporting the people (who actually don't give a .... about the company, because they bought them to sell with profit) who are trying to rip other REALLY potential investors off..

Asicminer Hashrate Charts @ www.asicminercharts.com

Donations BTC: 1SmiGSGWXzD5aZhmw3jyfpBFCgiki45MT
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 02:06:34 PM

SmiGueL, thank you very much for your criticism. We admit that we have considered not carefully enough when allocating the portion of shares for public sales. But at this moment we would prefer not changing the plan by putting new ask walls, but rather let people directly buy from us.

1: The first post made clear that 'the ratio may be adjusted' so there could be more shares issued at GLbSE.
Yes, but we created it as a clause for more unexpected scenarios.

2: Current investors knew from the first moment that 200k shares were issued. What would be the difference for them whether the shares are sold are private or trough GLbSE?

The ONLY difference is that if the 30k shares were sold out, they could probably sell them with a big profit.
So actually, by not issuing more shares, u are supporting the people (who actually don't give a .... about the company, because they bought them to sell with profit) who are trying to rip other REALLY potential investors off..
Our private offering is still open. Interested investors are always welcome to buy directly from us before our IPO succeeds. Smiley

Tachikoma

Activity: 938

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 02:15:35 PM

Our private offering is still open. Interested investors are always welcome to buy directly from us before our IPO succeeds. Smiley

I still think it's not the fairest way to do it. People browsing GLBSE and reading the IPO there might just decide to pick up shares right there at market price since it mentions nowhere that private buying is an option.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 02:16:56 PM

Get together a group of interested investors and buy a block, then split up the shares accordingly.  Problem solved.  

Edit: plus you'll get the discount.

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
Comepradz

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 03:14:24 PM

Get together a group of interested investors and buy a block, then split up the shares accordingly.  Problem solved.  

Great idea. Indeed, if they sold public share again eventually it will ends up resold at higher price by others.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 06:35:10 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2012, 06:11:23 AM by HorseRider

I'm already a bulk investor myself and paid all the bitcoin and bought the number of shares I want to buy.
If you are a retail investor who wants to buy the share at the price of 0.1BTC, please PM me such information in such order:

GLBSE account   Forum ID   Bitcoin amount

1. GLBSE account is for the share transfer
2. I know your Forum ID for your message, but it will be convenient for me to paste in the sheet.
3. Bitcoin amount should be >=20 5BTC, and I will round it down to 1 digit.

After I get your PM, I will provide you a bitcoin address. and please send the coins to the address I give you.
I will transfer the shares to your GLBSE account after I get the shares.

I think this is meaningful: your money is buying the new shares, not old shares from me. I'm not selling my old shares to the public.

• No charge back request accepted, I will just transfer the shares to you if you have sent your money.
    If you send more money than you claim in the end, I will transfer the equivalent shares to your GLBSE account.
    Before the transfer job is done, I will edit this post and make announcement that I will no longer accept money.
    I won't reply to confirm you that I get the money. the blockchain will confirm it for us. My PM reply is enough evidence if I'm scamming you.
    Theoretically speaking, it is impossible to avoid the situation that you sent me the money and the IPO is already over, and I haven't order enough shares from friedcat. If this happens, those who send me the money first will have priority to get the shares I have, the others will get their money back.

Edit

Friedcat has just set up a new and dedicated address for me. Any money sent me by the retail investors will be transfer to that address immediately when I have access to internet. When the money reaches that  dedicated address, it will treated as the shares are purchased. However, friedcat only has to do the share transferring a single  time, and I will distributed to others.

I will give a list of the retail investor at the end of the IPO, (the name will only contains the first character and the last one.) and the dedicated address.

The dedicated address is

1JJMCKsPU8FVdJz8fkNiG5zKTNhgEcSRzs

https://blockchain.info/address/1JJMCKsPU8FVdJz8fkNiG5zKTNhgEcSRzs

So that everyone will make sure that all the money have been used to buy new shares.

As I might will be paying the share transferring fee, so people can donate me some bitcoin this address, thank you.:

1NTnocYbHGg9ERF96qR68Mj8P2m7RfnfQi

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 07:00:52 PM

Great idea. Indeed, if they sold public share again eventually it will ends up resold at higher price by others.

Throwing more shares at the public offering doesn't make sense right now and would even play into the hands of those who go short on this IPO. If you're seriously concerned about investing into this company then try the bulk purchase if there's still some available.

I guess what friedcat "could" do is to set aside a chunk of shares for small investors and ask somebody to maintain an order book. Then after the IPO succeeds those shares should be handed to the individuals through the GLBSE transfer system. However, I already see some volunteers doing this in effect: e.g. HorseRider. But it would be better if there would be ONE TRUSTED person doing this, which also has an option on those shares!

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
Francesco

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 07:53:15 PM

Indeed,

500 shares is fairly affordable for everyone, but the price would be 0.1 I guess?
LazyOtto

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 11:03:56 PM

I'm slightly confused by this statement:
"Each investor who privately buys 5,000 or more shares will get extra 10% ones, plus a position on the board of Bitfountain."

Is this position earned by 'buying' 5,000 shares or by 'holding' 5,000 shares?

E.g., the scenario of someone who buys 5,000 privately then sells them on GLBSE for whatever markup can be had. Then after the IPO is finished he has 500 shares (the "extra 10%") effectively free or probably at an initial profit.

In that case, someone with a 500 share stake who has already taken his intended profits has a board position? That person no longer has much of a vested interest in ensuring a full-faith audit. If anything, the motivation could be to promulgate blue-sky good news to create a bubble to sell his last 500 shares into.
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 11:43:52 PM

I'm slightly confused by this statement:
"Each investor who privately buys 5,000 or more shares will get extra 10% ones, plus a position on the board of Bitfountain."

Is this position earned by 'buying' 5,000 shares or by 'holding' 5,000 shares?

E.g., the scenario of someone who buys 5,000 privately then sells them on GLBSE for whatever markup can be had. Then after the IPO is finished he has 500 shares (the "extra 10%") effectively free or probably at an initial profit.

In that case, someone with a 500 share stake who has already taken his intended profits has a board position? That person no longer has much of a vested interest in ensuring a full-faith audit. If anything, the motivation could be to promulgate blue-sky good news to create a bubble to sell his last 500 shares into.

yes. But I guess this is rather a shortcoming of GLBSE, which doesn't offer a functionality to "lock" shares into long term. But the idea (I guess) is that each board member has a minimal stake of 5k shares in the company, which makes sense.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: