Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:13:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916342 times)
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:03:36 PM

I sold as well.
Took my profit and now will invest in AMC.

You are now doomed to experience lonely and miserable Wednesdays.

I already regretted it after 2 minutes. Bought back slightly lower and kept my AMC shares as well.
Have invested way more than i wanted to but i'm gonna take the risk.
Making fast money = high risk.

Hm crap, it needs to stop going down now though  Undecided

Its price is not a very relevant factor in its adoption....
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:07:30 PM

As others have said, ASICminer really is at an advantage.  For competitors to really hurt us, they first need to get the funds to start an operation.  Most often that will mean a big IPO and then after that they can finally start doing things.  Asicminer before just held back 2,000 coins in funding to fund future development.  No big messy ipo to deal with... they just needed some funds so they cut back on divs a bit.  If ever ASICMINER was at threat of losing 10% of the network I am sure friedcat would cut dividends and build up our buffer.  If anyone has ever watched "The King of Kong" I imagine friedcat as billy... possibly we already have new chips ready to go... but there is no reason to put them out yet, so why show your hand.  Just keep them in reserve and then when someone says "AH HA! Look I'm better then you!" you pull out your development you kept secret and CRUSH them.

The way I see it, with the current track record of ASICMINER the bar is set REALLY high for competition.  So many of these new companies are probably getting funded by people who feel they "missed the boat" with asicminer and they want to get that experience.  I myself invested some in AMC just because I can afford to, and diversification never hurts...  But honestly here the second they make any mistake that makes them look weak compared to ASICMINER money will run.

I am investing in AMC, but a majority of my holdings are going to remain in ASICMINER.  Anyone who dumps ASICMINER shares will find plenty of buyers.

SmiGueL

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:10:20 PM

Insane luck Grin

19 blocks in the last 6 hours Tongue

Asicminer Hashrate Charts @ www.asicminercharts.com

Donations BTC: 1SmiGSGWXzD5aZhmw3jyfpBFCgiki45MT
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:12:21 PM

Wow - average hashrate last 6 hrs - 73.06 TH/s

A record methinks?
ShroomsKit

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:12:59 PM

Wow - average hashrate last 6 hrs - 73.06 TH/s

A record methinks?

Was just gonna post that!

http://www.asicminercharts.com/live/

Insane!

finlof

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:41:25 PM

Sorry for the dumb question, but what is AMC everyone is talking about?

Was added today. 2 million shares need to be bought first before anything will happen to the price at all. It's going real fast though as you can see.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=158806.0

Edit: forgot the link https://btct.co/security/AMC-PT

bitfunder has had them for several weeks.  I bought in at 0.0008 - https://bitfunder.com/asset/AMC
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:03:53 PM

The way I see it, with the current track record of ASICMINER the bar is set REALLY high for competition.  So many of these new companies are probably getting funded by people who feel they "missed the boat" with asicminer and they want to get that experience.  I myself invested some in AMC just because I can afford to, and diversification never hurts...  But honestly here the second they make any mistake that makes them look weak compared to ASICMINER money will run.

I am investing in AMC, but a majority of my holdings are going to remain in ASICMINER.  Anyone who dumps ASICMINER shares will find plenty of buyers.

I just have this feeling that the ASICminer stock is a bit bubbly right now. I sold 40 TAT microshares yesterday and having mixed feelings about it. I may never be able to buy them back at the price I sold them for but then again I may buy them back at a lower price if the bubble bursts.

It reminds me of Apple going up to $700 per share and then dropping back to $400. Which made people who sold at the top really happy as they can buy back lower. But then again Apple could have gone to over $1000 and they would have felt really miserable.

Is the AM share price too high or is it too low? Only time will tell.
aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:05:53 PM

I just have this feeling that the ASICminer stock is a bit bubbly right now. I sold 40 TAT microshares yesterday and having mixed feelings about it. I may never be able to buy them back at the price I sold them for but then again I may buy them back at a lower price if the bubble bursts.

It reminds me of Apple going up to $700 per share and then dropping back to $400. Which made people who sold at the top really happy as they can buy back lower. But then again Apple could have gone to over $1000 and they would have felt really miserable.

Current APR is still >40%  and climbing as the share price falls... I would say we are fine.

ShroomsKit

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:09:14 PM

It's not dropping too fast and i think it will go back up quite quick.

BlackLilac Jordan

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:15:16 PM

You want to see a bubble burst? Keep an eye on Basic mining.

I noticed that. How is a mining bond doing under 100 GH/s valued at over BTC5000? Do they have a huge amount of pre-orders or is that a pure bubble?
runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 07:21:54 PM

people are holding shares...
few weak hands will buy back soon.

I feel the price is overvalued right now. They will buy back at lower price probably, below BTC3

I sold majority of my holdings at BTC3.47 yesterday.

I disagree with this statement. Granted, in Bitcoin mining everyone is always looking for a month to 3 month ROI. However, I feel like with this security having so much future potential (mining hardware at cost + hardware sells + generation2 chips), ~30% APY is a completely reasonable price for one share.

Also, there is quite a bit of buy support above 3 BTC, with 192 bids above 3 BTC on Bitfunder (I don't visit the other exchanges so I'm not sure about elsewhere.)

I sold as well.

Took my profit and now will invest in AMC.
I suggest you read this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241415.0

people are holding shares...
few weak hands will buy back soon.

I feel the price is overvalued right now. They will buy back at lower price probably, below BTC3

I sold majority of my holdings at BTC3.47 yesterday.

I disagree with this statement. Granted, in Bitcoin mining everyone is always looking for a month to 3 month ROI. However, I feel like with this security having so much future potential (mining hardware at cost + hardware sells + generation2 chips), ~30% APY is a completely reasonable price for one share.

Also, there is quite a bit of buy support above 3 BTC, with 192 bids above 3 BTC on Bitfunder (I don't visit the other exchanges so I'm not sure about elsewhere.)

You realize that several companies are coming out with 28nm hardware in 3 months or so, while AM is THINKING about developing 56nm hardware. Once the 28nm asic hardware hit, they will blow the 120nm current AM hardware right out of water (basically 10 times more power efficient than AM hardware while producing much less heat and occupy much less space).

3 month ROI sounds about right, I'm definitely not going to gamble on 3 year ROI, actually I think there's a 90% chance AM share will be worth below BTC1 in one year
1. Companies have promised to come out with hardware in 3 months. There's a big difference. I'm not saying they won't succeed, only that a promise is all it is.

2. ASICMiner is not just thinking, they are actively developing, and have written that October is the release date at the earliest. That's far from thinking about it.

3. KNCMiner uses a 28 nm process. Here's what their latest update says:

So it is with great pleasure that we can finally announce our Jupiter is now a 400 GH/s device and therefore Saturn is a 200 GH/s device.

[...]

We have previously specified the power consumption of the Jupiter device at a 1000 watts. We have now received indication from our chip manufacturer that this may be lower.

[...]

So until you hear from us again on this, we would like to reaffirm that Jupiter will be less than 1000 watts and Saturn less than 500 watts.

So power usage might be less, but they only promise, at most 400 MH/J. The ASICMiner Blades are 10 GH/s at 80W, so that's 125 MH/J, or only 3.2 times less than KNCMiner - and we're comparing a 130nm process to a 28nm process here!

The thing is, 28nm is not magic. It is not a magic button you push that makes all chips produced at this node size use little power. The designers have to pay special attention to power usage, as is clearly shown by both BFL's real power figures and KNCMiner's promised power estimates.

So if KNCMiner is only, say, 4 times less power hungry than the current ASICMiner 130 nm chip, will ASICMiner's 55nm chip completely eat away this advantage? I don't know, but I'd say the odds are pretty good that going from 130nm to 55nm will give you a 4-fold increase in power efficiency, making ASICMiner on par with KNCMiner's 28 nm technology.
bobboooiie

Activity: 656

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:23:03 PM

You want to see a bubble burst? Keep an eye on Basic mining.

I noticed that. How is a mining bond doing under 100 GH/s valued at over BTC5000? Do they have a huge amount of pre-orders or is that a pure bubble?

200gh/s and some more avalon/s on the way. They also are holding some asicminner shares and have fund for reinvestment. Iam pretty sure at 2btc/share they have pretty much above 10% APR at the moment , so it might be just right price for the moment and not bubble. It might be just optical that 2btc/share seems to be a lot but they only have 5000shares issued.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:24:07 PM

The crazy price rise was on super thin volume, then it got hyped up because someone was willing to gamble.  It really doesn't make sense to project out a company value when the market is so thin that you could never sell @ market rate.

Obviously in this case company value <> market price * shares outstanding.
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:31:49 PM

The way I see it, with the current track record of ASICMINER the bar is set REALLY high for competition.  So many of these new companies are probably getting funded by people who feel they "missed the boat" with asicminer and they want to get that experience.  I myself invested some in AMC just because I can afford to, and diversification never hurts...  But honestly here the second they make any mistake that makes them look weak compared to ASICMINER money will run.

I am investing in AMC, but a majority of my holdings are going to remain in ASICMINER.  Anyone who dumps ASICMINER shares will find plenty of buyers.

This is exactly how I feel. Cashed out about half my TATs around .034 and waiting to see what the next few days is like. I still feel like .035 is too high, in any case.

I don't like being cashed out with the recent hash rate increase / lucky streak lately, however. Though it's not like the price has even been linked to the hash rate  Tongue
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:37:18 PM

This is exactly how I feel. Cashed out about half my TATs around .034 and waiting to see what the next few days is like. I still feel like .035 is too high, in any case.

I don't like being cashed out with the recent hash rate increase / lucky streak lately, however. Though it's not like the price has even been linked to the hash rate  Tongue

I'm pretty sure those cashing out now will regret it.  We will have a full week of hardware sales this week and if they keep hashing at full capacity we could see record dividends next Wednesday.
gramma

Activity: 194

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:46:45 PM

The AMC PT looks promising enough that I've thrown a smidge of coin at it.  But I have to wonder how will dividends be calculated?  If the costs eat up most of the revenues, dividends will suck.  No, I don't have magical visibility into ASICminer's financials, but Friedcat has a track record of paying healthy dividends, and the share prices reflect all aspects of his performance to date.  Will the other outfit enrich themselves, or will they enrich everyone?

Diversifying a bit, but still solidly in Friedcat's camp.

BTC: 1MrNRPo7p8DEyxn87c9BCGwrbatBQeCHc1
TheFuneral

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:54:12 PM

Current APR is still >40%  and climbing as the share price falls... I would say we are fine.

why is APR being less than 40% a good thing?
runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 08:15:05 PM

why is APR being less than 40% a good thing?
> greater than
< less than
tkone

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:55:19 PM

sell sell sell!! cash out cash out!

so i can buy more shares for cheaper with dividendz money

please please keep cashing out! i love this lol Smiley

ShroomsKit

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:10:00 PM

sell sell sell!! cash out cash out!

so i can buy more shares for cheaper with dividendz money

please please keep cashing out! i love this lol Smiley

I seriously wonder how much people really are buying when they come up with this standard answer.
My guess is most will buy 0 and the rest maybe 1 to 3 shares.

Pages: « 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: