Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:03:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 [526] 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916345 times)
SmiGueL

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 01:11:43 AM

I'm a tiny bit displeased by the fact, that AM doesn't have love for the international anymore.. ;(

Seems that BTCGuild is gonna ship International in a few days! Smiley

"International Sales Update:
Starting August 2, international orders will become available."
(Source)

Would be aaawesome if they decide to add the blades! Shocked Grin

Asicminer Hashrate Charts @ www.asicminercharts.com

Donations BTC: 1SmiGSGWXzD5aZhmw3jyfpBFCgiki45MT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gramma

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:53:35 AM

Of course.  Oh well.  It's hit my sweet spot for a toy, so ordered one. Looks like I'm far from being the only one. Good news for us!

BTC: 1MrNRPo7p8DEyxn87c9BCGwrbatBQeCHc1
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:53:47 AM

I'm a tiny bit displeased by the fact, that AM doesn't have love for the international anymore.. ;(

Seems that BTCGuild is gonna ship International in a few days! Smiley

"International Sales Update:
Starting August 2, international orders will become available."
(Source)

Would be aaawesome if they decide to add the blades! Shocked Grin

I can't take too much good news in one day. Gives me palpitations. Let's leave the blades news a bit. Regular good news stream  Smiley
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:57:10 AM

how do people who originally bought sticks from Friedcat at 1.99BTC each take advantage of the coupon discount system?
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:44:09 AM

how do people who originally bought sticks from Friedcat at 1.99BTC each take advantage of the coupon discount system?

In cryptographic identities we believe. The way of the true Bitcoiners.

Need I say more?

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 07:07:01 AM

Well it is also a problem for people sending transactions.  They have to wait longer for an initial transaction confirmation because ASICminer is passing those transactions on to the next miner to find a block.

Someone pointed out it also leads to more orphaned blocks for ASICminer, although I think this doesn't happen too often.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 07:23:11 AM

In cryptographic identities we believe. The way of the true Bitcoiners.

Need I say more?

cool, will wait and see Smiley
keeron

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 07:36:26 AM

All these price cut confirmations (and massive jumps on group buy/btcguild orders) is giving me a good indication of our weekly dividend...

Can't wait for those blade sales to be official! Bring on the basics, BFL/Avalon. Though at this point might as well buy the hardware from asicminer and fulfill your preorders :-)
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 07:37:25 AM

Well it is also a problem for people sending transactions.  They have to wait longer for an initial transaction confirmation because ASICminer is passing those transactions on to the next miner to find a block.

Someone pointed out it also leads to more orphaned blocks for ASICminer, although I think this doesn't happen too often.

ASICMiner has a higher percentage of orphans than any pool.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
SimonL

Activity: 113
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:02:14 AM

What are the conditions for a buyback of ASICminer
Here are the only conditions:
If we haven't raised enough money to tape out before August. 28, 2012, we will return 100.5% of the total raised funds to investors of ASICMINER. The 0.5% is for compensating the GLBSE fee.
That's it. Question answered! Grin

So now 2012 has passed...
each ASICMINER share always owns 1/400000 of the company.
...Friedcat's contract with us isn't for life, it's for eternity.
I'm ok with that!
No issues here ^_^
We will grow old together haha

I'm curious about this no buyback clause situation. Does that mean that even if say, a huge company is interested in buying the entirety of ASICMINER's operations that the company controlling ASICMINER, Bitfountain, will not be able to sell, even if the offer were incredibly high for each share? Would this mean the company offering to buy back the shares would need to consult and negotiate with every single holder to buy out all the shares? Or would it simply mean that the majority holding of Bitfountain's shares would shift owners and the new owners would be obligated to continue serving the rest of the shareholders according to the initial IPO conditions?

Pardon me if I sound a little naive, but is this a good or a bad thing?
empoweoqwj

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:33:30 AM

If we haven't raised enough money to tape out before August. 28, 2012, we will return 100.5% of the total raised funds to investors of ASICMINER. The 0.5% is for compensating the GLBSE fee.

I'm ok with that!
No issues here ^_^

I'm curious about this no buyback clause situation. Does that mean that even if say, a huge company is interested in buying the entirety of ASICMINER's operations that the company controlling ASICMINER, Bitfountain, will not be able to sell, even if the offer were incredibly high for each share? Would this mean the company offering to buy back the shares would need to consult and negotiate with every single holder to buy out all the shares? Or would it simply mean that the majority holding of Bitfountain's shares would shift owners and the new owners would be obligated to continue serving the rest of the shareholders according to the initial IPO conditions?

I think the whole "can ASICMINER ever be sold and under what conditions" is an incredibly high-priority question to ask friedcat. We all need clarification on this from the cat's mouth
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 09:37:33 AM

Are you familiar with the phrase "past performance does not guarantee future return"? The important word here is "guarantee". The observation that Bitcoin did well in the past does not serve as a reasonable argument for why it will continue to increase in value in the future.

It looks like you missed the point. When i found bitcoins 2 years ago it looked to me like all was done already. It looked to me the same way like you look on it today.
Of course there is NO guarantee that it goes forward the same way. So if you believe that the current status is the end of the line then its ok to me.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
bobboooiie

Activity: 656

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:44:29 AM

I'm ok with that!
No issues here ^_^

I think the whole "can ASICMINER ever be sold and under what conditions" is an incredibly high-priority question to ask friedcat. We all need clarification on this from the cat's mouth

I think that question is pretty self explanatory. Who do you think would buy asicminer as a whole ? If you think about what AM is, it only has good value for some lets say 1-2 years (and that is pretty optimistic), after that there will be competitors with better and more efficient ASICs presumably. For what asicminer would be worth in BTCs that would be a huge gamble or even reckless investment to make. The only real possibility in my eyes is that BTC would explode to 1k+/BTC, some big mainstream company would take interest but even after that would such a company need anything from "underground Chinese" operation ?
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:59:08 AM

I'm ok with that!
No issues here ^_^

I think that question is pretty self explanatory. Who do you think would buy asicminer as a whole ? If you think about what AM is, it only has good value for some lets say 1-2 years (and that is pretty optimistic), after that there will be competitors with better and more efficient ASICs presumably. For what asicminer would be worth in BTCs that would be a huge gamble or even reckless investment to make. The only real possibility in my eyes is that BTC would explode to 1k+/BTC, some big mainstream company would take interest but even after that would such a company need anything from "underground Chinese" operation ?

That is one hell of a presumption. ASICMINER is light-years beyond any of the competition, and they are an extremely forward looking company... their next-generation of ASIC chips will likely be coming online before BFL ships half of thier pre-orders from last september.

The likelihood of any of the so-called competitors with their "pre-orders" actually producing real-world hardware that is more efficient than what ASICMINER is able to produce is extremely unlikely, in my humble opinion.

Also, they are not an "underground Chinese operation"... Bitfountain is a legally registered corporation operating legally in the PRC.
SimonL

Activity: 113
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 10:14:59 AM

I'm ok with that!
No issues here ^_^

As I understand it when big players want to enter the market they buy out promising businesses to get a head start, Microsoft did it, facebook did it, etc. Bitfountain has a huge head start, they are organised, resourceful, have been unflinchingly reliable, and are already planning into the future for projected growth. IMO any CEO looking to break into Bitcoin mining big time as a mining company or even just a producer of mining equipment would give their left nut for all those advantages. VCs are dropping significant amounts of money on startups that can prove themselves in the Bitcoin space. None are looking to start from scratch. Satoshi dice is the first mover in the gambling space with a shareholder base, it got sold for a small fortune. Knowing that, ASICMINER could become a possible target for acquisition for someone with very deep pockets. What I'm curious about is, is Bitfointain's members even slightly interested in such an acquisition. There are no terms for a buyout, nor is there an explicit statement indicating whether Friedcat et al. are even interested in a possible buyout.

All I know about the terms regarding the shares is that there will only ever be 400,000 . Anything regarding forced selling or forced buying is not defined. I honestly believe in Friedcat's willingness to do right by his investors but does this really mean shareholders have absolute control over their assets? If so that's pretty amazing, traditionally there's always some kind of caveat. Smiley

empoweoqwj

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 12:59:30 PM

I'm ok with that!
No issues here ^_^

As I understand it when big players want to enter the market they buy out promising businesses to get a head start, Microsoft did it, facebook did it, etc. Bitfountain has a huge head start, they are organised, resourceful, have been unflinchingly reliable, and are already planning into the future for projected growth. IMO any CEO looking to break into Bitcoin mining big time as a mining company or even just a producer of mining equipment would give their left nut for all those advantages. VCs are dropping significant amounts of money on startups that can prove themselves in the Bitcoin space. None are looking to start from scratch. Satoshi dice is the first mover in the gambling space with a shareholder base, it got sold for a small fortune. Knowing that, ASICMINER could become a possible target for acquisition for someone with very deep pockets. What I'm curious about is, is Bitfointain's members even slightly interested in such an acquisition. There are no terms for a buyout, nor is there an explicit statement indicating whether Friedcat et al. are even interested in a possible buyout.

All I know about the terms regarding the shares is that there will only ever be 400,000 . Anything regarding forced selling or forced buying is not defined. I honestly believe in Friedcat's willingness to do right by his investors but does this really mean shareholders have absolute control over their assets? If so that's pretty amazing, traditionally there's always some kind of caveat. Smiley

Exactly, AM are very likely to be a target because they lead their field and VC's are interested in the space, especially if the bitcoin price picks up again. And until friedcat makes a statement to clarify, its as clear as mud what rights / control shareholders have. Clarification please.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 12:59:55 PM

I'm ok with that!
No issues here ^_^

That is one hell of a presumption. ASICMINER is light-years beyond any of the competition, and they are an extremely forward looking company... their next-generation of ASIC chips will likely be coming online before BFL ships half of thier pre-orders from last september.

The likelihood of any of the so-called competitors with their "pre-orders" actually producing real-world hardware that is more efficient than what ASICMINER is able to produce is extremely unlikely, in my humble opinion.

Also, they are not an "underground Chinese operation"... Bitfountain is a legally registered corporation operating legally in the PRC.

AM are only ahead of the competition in delivery time frames. Both Avalon and BFL have shipped or brought online more hashing power and every ASIC developer apart from Avalon are using more efficient ASICs than AM. Also, AM's next gen chips won't be coming online until November. There's no need to spread such misinformation and it just reflects poorly on AM.
JordanL
Donator

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 01:26:19 PM

I'm ok with that!
No issues here ^_^

AM are only ahead of the competition in delivery time frames. Both Avalon and BFL have shipped or brought online more hashing power and every ASIC developer apart from Avalon are using more efficient ASICs than AM. Also, AM's next gen chips won't be coming online until November. There's no need to spread such misinformation and it just reflects poorly on AM.

What misinformation are you talking about?

Other companies have brought more hash power online than ASICMINER... are you high? That is simply false.

My opinion is just that... my opinion. Personally I can't imagine that any other company will be able to compete with ASICMINER over the next few months (who else is shipping ASICs??), or in November when their next generation of chips are ready. They have proven that they have the ability to manufacture chips on a large scale, and there is no reason to believe that some other company will gain and advantage on them in that respect.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 01:43:14 PM

Thats the 9. quote in a quote... Surely no one will read everything again...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
JordanL
Donator

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 01:51:05 PM

Sorry my fault now this thread is going to be excessively long.   ;-)

Seriously though point taken, thanks.
Pages: « 1 ... 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 [526] 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: