Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:24:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 [675] 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916343 times)
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:34:37 PM

I don´t understand why Friedcat is not giving daily updates to help stop the shares going to the floor.

he doesn't care about share price, why would he?

That would mean he doesn't care about AM investors ...

He never promised any share price. What he promised are dividends and he is still delivering those.

I didn't mention any broken promises here, just a company valuation crashing hard ...
No words at all, good for a CEO ?

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:41:27 PM

Whats causing the share dump?

Manipulation of course, same as the sudden drop in gold prices that bares no relation to logical trading practices. Look across other markets and you'll see the same thing with little or no attempt to hide it. Its another desperate attempt to prop up confidence in the USD by making other markets look unattractive, ie. can kicking on a massive scale. We've had everything from the stone age to the communications age and we're now in the retard age because delays create employment dontchknow. Not much point worrying about it, its just a dying empire lashing out at everything around it in the hope of postponing the inevitable.

Que "markets can remain irrational..." and "conspiracy nut" misdirection comments Wink

Wow.

The market is being manipulated because you don't agree with/can't predict its movements?

This is either hubris or tinfoil, I can't tell which.

gusti
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:44:34 PM

I don´t understand why Friedcat is not giving daily updates to help stop the shares going to the floor.

Because he and his partners own a huge pile of those shares?
Anyway, I don't think he should make random appearances to "save" the share price...
friedcat has always been more about presenting results than making empty promises, which is a good thing.

Why not "save" the share price ? You love your company, you care about your investors.
What's bad on a daily or weekly, optimistic yet realistic update ? Is he shy ?

physalis

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:10:44 PM

Anyway, I don't think he should make random appearances to "save" the share price...
friedcat has always been more about presenting results than making empty promises, which is a good thing.

Why not "save" the share price ? You love your company, you care about your investors.

Well, it can give the appearance of manipulation. Exactly what the people behind the labcoin scam were doing (/are doing).
Sell shares, wait for price to tank, buy shares, make a post with baseless promises -> profit.
I thus find reactionary updates on crashes rather suspicious.

Regular daily/weekly updates, like you're proposing, are a different thing though, I agree, that would be good.
There was a time when friedcat did weekly updates (more or less), but that stopped at some point.
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:11:24 PM

Manipulation of course, same as the sudden drop ... Que "markets can remain irrational..." and "conspiracy nut" misdirection comments Wink

Wow.

The market is being manipulated because you don't agree with/can't predict its movements?

No manipulation required. We're in a normal cycle between euphoria and hated. I think that we have entered the hated region a while ago and it is not clear where we are going to bottom out. It's a highly illiquid market and even though the current share price may be a good entry point for a lot of people, I expect them to hold back to see how low this can go.

Friedcat promised that news updates should improve in the future. However, keep in mind that silence does not necessarily mean a stand-still. It just means that activities are either confidential or are not relevant for public release.

I would not try to encourage friedcat to "support" the share price for the simple reason that it is distracting. As a CEO one should create a highly competitive company, not a paper asset. Company valuation only becomes important when there is need for financing or liquidity, and we all know that ASICMINER has a sufficiently strong standing to stay in the game without further fund raising.

Again, I'd like to remind everyone to look around and find similar opportunities to get investment exposure to the mining industry. Most of the companies are privately funded. And getting your own company off the ground will become increasingly uneconomic.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
JimiQ84

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:13:21 PM

Well, it can give the appearance of manipulation. Exactly what the people behind the labcoin scam were doing (/are doing).
Sell shares, wait for price to tank, buy shares, make a post with baseless promises -> profit.
I thus find reactionary updates on crashes rather suspicious.

Regular daily/weekly updates, like you're proposing, are a different thing though, I agree, that would be good.
There was a time when friedcat did weekly updates (more or less), but that stopped at some point.

Since around 22nd of june we have monthly updates. Next one will be probably on 23rd of october
gusti
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 09:38:21 PM

That would mean he doesn't care about AM investors ...

He does. I get regularly my dividends. And he keeps some divs for reinvestment. Its in my best interests too. He should not care about share prices like big companies do. Trying to move shareprice high by firing employers and similar tactics. He delivers the divs and thats it. Shareprice can go up and down, thats normal.

So as long as everybody receive their dividends, it doesn't care if share price will fall to, let's say, 0.001 ?
I don´t think so. Pissed investors will go to another project, do we wish this ?
And again, I trust FC, I only think he needs to be more comunicative, as he is the head of the project.

tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 09:39:38 PM

Manipulation of course, same as the sudden drop in gold prices that bares no relation to logical trading practices. Look across other markets and you'll see the same thing with little or no attempt to hide it. Its another desperate attempt to prop up confidence in the USD by making other markets look unattractive, ie. can kicking on a massive scale. We've had everything from the stone age to the communications age and we're now in the retard age because delays create employment dontchknow. Not much point worrying about it, its just a dying empire lashing out at everything around it in the hope of postponing the inevitable.

Que "markets can remain irrational..." and "conspiracy nut" misdirection comments Wink

Wow.

I think he is being sarcastic by comparing it to conspiracy theories that the gold and silver markets are being manipulated.
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:17:47 AM

I think friedcat is waiting for the new data center in Hong Kong to be ready before he can decide the order size of gen-2 chips. Once the new data center is ready, the risk of mass production of gen-2 has bee minimized. Even the selling is not going well, there's enough capacity for self mining. Moreover, the network condition in Hong Kong is better so less orphan and low-transaction block problem. Now just wish that data center can be finished as soon as possible. Normally, it should not take more than one month for a data-center to be ready, right?
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:45:16 AM

I think friedcat is waiting for the new data center in Hong Kong to be ready before he can decide the order size of gen-2 chips. Once the new data center is ready, the risk of mass production of gen-2 has bee minimized. Even the selling is not going well, there's enough capacity for self mining. Moreover, the network condition in Hong Kong is better so less orphan and low-transaction block problem. Now just wish that data center can be finished as soon as possible. Normally, it should not take more than one month for a data-center to be ready, right?

Where did you hear that he's waiting for a data center to be complete?

BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:53:58 AM

Where did you hear that he's waiting for a data center to be complete?

Just my guess. He mentioned the Hong Kong data center in his latest update.

We have been finalizing on our HK datacenter with our professional partner on immersion cooling.

Otherwise, I cannot understand why friedcat delay the gen-2 chip production, which seems essential to company's survival.
Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:08:48 AM

Again, I'd like to remind everyone to look around and find similar opportunities to get investment exposure to the mining industry. Most of the companies are privately funded. And getting your own company off the ground will become increasingly uneconomic.

The lack of quality alternative investments doesn't make this a good one. If anything, it suggests this one might be overvalued due to the lack of choice.

You are never obligated to invest in a sector. Sometimes the winning move is not to play.

BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:42:20 AM

The lack of quality alternative investments doesn't make this a good one. If anything, it suggests this one might be overvalued due to the lack of choice.

You are never obligated to invest in a sector. Sometimes the winning move is not to play.

It's not just mining sector. It's difficult to find a security in the whole market having the similar reliability and good record. Most investments in bitcoin security market are just gambling. After the closure of BTCT, I guess holding BTC may be the first choice of us for some time.
physalis

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:48:44 AM

+1

Also +1 for war games reference Wink
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:55:39 AM

I'm definitely in a "wait and see" mode - anything else would be gambling at this point.
[...]
My personal recommendation to investors is to close your positions pending news. There's a lot of downside potential.
I'm sorry, but aren't these two sentences in conflict with each other?
I cannot see how could they cope together.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:08:08 PM

I'm definitely in a "wait and see" mode - anything else would be gambling at this point.
[...]
My personal recommendation to investors is to close your positions pending news. There's a lot of downside potential.

1- This is my plan.
2- This is what I advise you to do so I could gain off you.

Better now?

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:21:22 PM

[...]

I think it implies that Vycid is already all out, and "wait and see" here means more "test the bottom before getting (back) in" than "hold" if you're already in.
btcbot

Activity: 151
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:35:56 PM

[...]

1- This is my plan.
2- This is what I advise you to do so I could gain off you.

Better now?

Brilliant!  Stock board shorts are seldom quite so inept as this guy... He's obviously not a pro troll; he's just a guy who doesn't care that he is hurting other people for profit. 

Undecided

Don't tip me... tip the Riseup folks who protect activists around the world.
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:48:09 PM

Official ASICMiner Update by the Board

1. Automatic Payment
We are currently working on the payment back-end, and we might begin the design process next week as well.

2. BTCT closing
BTCT told us that they will release the database for us to merge on October 10.

3. Sales/Opportunity Update
We haven’t heard from the previously mentioned potential chip buyer. We met with two other groups making 65/55nm in China interested in collaboration, but we hadn't solid cooperation conclusions yet.

4. Franchising
We have created partnerships with two new franchises.

5. Cooling Update
We hope to share a good video or exhibition materials by the end of the month.

6.Advertising Update
During the next wave of hardware sales, we will increase our advertising efforts.

7. Research & Development
We had tried several different really intricate and speculative designs for 2014, based on the assumption being competitive in a fully saturated market (average return rate getting close to normal business' single digits per year). but originally with a limited channel/staff, it can be very difficult to fully explore them. So, we conducted interviews, and recently identified several exceptional people.

We will be spreading design risk by working on several designs simultaneously and having all other designs' info/simulation results fed back to the main design process. Our designs changed aggressively and the expected successful rate (on a working mask) drops compared to the standard flow so it has to be fully (wave-level) simulated before fabrication.

8. Financial Report
The next official ASICMINER Financial Report is scheduled to be released on October 20s. We had been in the process of accumulating reserves for a two-year-based small lab (all salaries) and a full mask cost for 40nm for one month. Additional income may be reserved for other chip advancements.

9. Hardware Solutions
ASICMINER is exploring and considering several alternative hardware manufacturing roles aside from mining-related products.

SmiGueL

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:00:02 PM

Thanks for the update friedcat!

Prediction: 0.0080

Asicminer Hashrate Charts @ www.asicminercharts.com

Donations BTC: 1SmiGSGWXzD5aZhmw3jyfpBFCgiki45MT
Pages: « 1 ... 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 [675] 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: