Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:45:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 [1242] 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916315 times)
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:59:51 PM

Can someone ELI5 this paycoin business? Why is this altcoin suddenly so interesting, and why is more that 50PH directed to the paycoin network?

I also wonder why? Huh

Speculative frenzy.

http://www.coindesk.com/gaw-miners-altcoin-launch-sparks-speculative-frenzy/

That coin is garbage, but I am really happy they launched it..nicehash was paying an insane amount to us miners. I made an absolute killing off of it  Cool

ditto.
I just bought a new car.  Cheesy

Yugo cars don't count.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:04:03 PM

Can someone ELI5 this paycoin business? Why is this altcoin suddenly so interesting, and why is more that 50PH directed to the paycoin network?

I also wonder why? Huh

Speculative frenzy.

http://www.coindesk.com/gaw-miners-altcoin-launch-sparks-speculative-frenzy/

That coin is garbage, but I am really happy they launched it..nicehash was paying an insane amount to us miners. I made an absolute killing off of it  Cool

ditto.
I just bought a new car.  Cheesy

Yugo cars don't count.  Grin

hyundai sports coupe 1.6, it's my mid-life crisis purchase.
 Grin

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
rudi

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:02:55 AM

Haha you guys are funny. Thanks for the answer though!
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 01:00:29 AM

This company's rating has been updated in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness thread.

[This message won't be monitored, discuss any concerns in the thread.]

I gotta say this is a tad uncalled for... FC has communicated more than ever (well except for the funding and early gen 1 period) over the last weeks or so. The 1/10 points at communication deserve at least something better Cheesy

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 03:47:25 AM

This company's rating has been updated in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness thread.

I gotta say this is a tad uncalled for... FC has communicated more than ever (well except for the funding and early gen 1 period) over the last weeks or so. The 1/10 points at communication deserve at least something better Cheesy
Well they seem to be bashing their competition via proxies that are all on default trust (and wearing their signature). IMO this is a serious cause for concern

dmcdad

Activity: 302

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 03:55:31 AM

Well they seem to be bashing their competition via proxies that are all on default trust (and wearing their signature). IMO this is a serious cause for concern
Can you please give more detail on this (examples, links, etc.)? Thanks.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 04:02:38 AM

Proof?
raskul

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 08:08:12 AM

Proof?

even if it was the case, so what!? i feel that some folks are just a little too precious about their interent formus.
it's a big world out there kids and manufacturing companies are vying to keep ahead. Whatever marketing methods a company wishes to use, it's good to see the novel ways they their employees go about drumming up custom. At the end of the day the decision to buy / not to buy lies in the hands of the consumer.

that is one thing that never changes, people don't get 'brainwashed' into buying from a particular manufacturer.

REAL WORLD MARKETING BY ME <--- hire me, it's Christmas and I have hundreds of children to feed.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 09:03:29 AM

Have a look through any of the product threads. Its been the same thing repeated for months and months, bad communication, customer support, technical support and impossible to get hold of anyone. It goes on for pages and pages and pages and pages across all the threads.

raskul

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 09:12:09 AM

Have a look through any of the product threads. Its been the same thing repeated for months and months, bad communication, customer support, technical support and impossible to get hold of anyone. It goes on for pages and pages and pages and pages across all the threads.

I think what dogie is confusing here is the difference between a product manufacturer and an interent formus user.
When you purchase an item from a manufacturer, they do not have a duty to be on hand 24/7 on a related, but separate from their own sales platform forum.
I do think dogie has been slightly harsh and I can actually see a h/w race which is pretty much neck-and-neck-and-neck-and-neck at the moment.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 03:33:54 PM

I think what dogie is confusing here is the difference between a product manufacturer and an interent formus user.
When you purchase an item from a manufacturer, they do not have a duty to be on hand 24/7 on a related, but separate from their own sales platform forum.
I do think dogie has been slightly harsh and I can actually see a h/w race which is pretty much neck-and-neck-and-neck-and-neck at the moment.

You are joking right? They sold bad miners and just completely ignored it for months. People had boards DOA, boards catching fire, bad controllers, paid orders with delays and no replies. They should not be expected to offer round the clock support, but not even replying for over a month? AM should stick to making chips and offering cloud mining...AMHash seems to be working out well these days.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 04:16:44 PM

I think he's talking about a bunch of users (including Mr Teal, Puppet, Raskul and I) asking some cloud mining ponzis to provide evidence of legitimacy and me leaving negative feedback because they flat-out refused. I've told those "services" I'd remove it if they provide such evidence. Unsurprisingly, they haven't provided any evidence.
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 04:54:44 PM

The real problem is that one user "Doggie" has so much power and influence over "ratings" - since he is the only one rating these companies it seems.  You can't really blame him for providing a service.  Since he's the only one, he becomes a bit of a dictator in a community that respects "decentralization", not tyranny.  The obvious solution would be for other Doggies to emerge and do their own ratings.   A better solution would be to set something up where the rating is a transparent forumula that takes as it's input ratings of various users.   Doggie's thread, and the way he can play God and make or break a company, always seemed ridiculously authoritarian and incompatible with bitcoin principals of democracy and plurality, etc.    
I mean, even if Doggie is a saint today; what's to stop him from selling his account to Spoondoolies or someone?  Centralization is not good.  Neither is authoritarianism.   Distrust anyone who decides to become an "authority".  Sorry Doggie, you seem like an all right guy, but I can't support what your doing.
malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:02:43 PM

I think he's talking about a bunch of users (including Mr Teal, Puppet, Raskul and I) asking some cloud mining ponzis to provide evidence of legitimacy and me leaving negative feedback because they flat-out refused. I've told those "services" I'd remove it if they provide such evidence. Unsurprisingly, they haven't provided any evidence.
That is correct. My issue with that is that the lack of evidence of legitimacy is not evidence of a scam. The fact that you are advertising and invested in competing services is a major concern for me and makes it appear that you are attempting to increase the value of your investments. 

raskul

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:03:36 PM

You are joking right? They sold bad miners and just completely ignored it for months. People had boards DOA, boards catching fire, bad controllers, paid orders with delays and no replies. They should not be expected to offer round the clock support, but not even replying for over a month? AM should stick to making chips and offering cloud mining...AMHash seems to be working out well these days.

good point. i tend not to take much notice of any supplier batch1 as I have a principle rule never to buy batch1. but yes, I recall very clearly the points you raise and concede to your being quite correct.

raskul

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:06:44 PM

That is correct. My issue with that is that the lack of evidence of legitimacy is not evidence of a scam. The fact that you are advertising and invested in competing services is a major concern for me and makes it appear that you are attempting to increase the value of your investments.  

i did learn a small lesson with this event. While I was so blinkered by the sheer volume of ponzis going on, I let it cloud my real judgement and Mabsark and I both did leave incorrect feedback on a recent new cloud mining operation. It turned out that particular operation is indeed legit and I, for one should have been more thoughtful in how I approached the subject.
I agree that lack of evidence of legitimacy is not evidence of a scam, and i'm being more cautious in my approach, in the future.

apologies for going OT but I felt the need to address this, as my name was mentioned.

Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 06:02:15 PM

And my problem with that, is that waiting for evidence of a scam to leave negative feedback is simply too late for that feedback to stop people being ripped off by those scams. If those "services" don't want to be labelled as ponzis, they should stop acting like ponzis and provide some evidence to potential customers that they are in fact legitimate instead of coming up with bullshit excuses why they can't provide such evidence. Far too many people are getting ripped off by such ponzis and it's up to us as a community to stop that.

I think all new cloud mining services should start out with a ponzi warning until they provide evidence of their legitimacy.

i did learn a small lesson with this event. While I was so blinkered by the sheer volume of ponzis going on, I let it cloud my real judgement and Mabsark and I both did leave incorrect feedback on a recent new cloud mining operation.

Which I removed immediately upon some form of evidence of legitimacy being provided, just like I said I would.
MichaelBliss

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 06:27:36 PM

And my problem with that, is that waiting for evidence of a scam to leave negative feedback is simply too late for that feedback to stop people being ripped off by those scams. If those "services" don't want to be labelled as ponzis, they should stop acting like ponzis and provide some evidence to potential customers that they are in fact legitimate instead of coming up with bullshit excuses why they can't provide such evidence. Far too many people are getting ripped off by such ponzis and it's up to us as a community to stop that.

I think all new cloud mining services should start out with a ponzi warning until they provide evidence of their legitimacy.

i did learn a small lesson with this event. While I was so blinkered by the sheer volume of ponzis going on, I let it cloud my real judgement and Mabsark and I both did leave incorrect feedback on a recent new cloud mining operation.

Which I removed immediately upon some form of evidence of legitimacy being provided, just like I said I would.

Dude, it's called "innocent until proven guilty".  Your acting like an entitled asshole and it's reflecting badly on AM obviously.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7950

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 06:32:34 PM

The real problem is that one user "Doggie" has so much power and influence over "ratings" - since he is the only one rating these companies it seems.  You can't really blame him for providing a service.  Since he's the only one, he becomes a bit of a dictator in a community that respects "decentralization", not tyranny.  The obvious solution would be for other Doggies to emerge and do their own ratings.   A better solution would be to set something up where the rating is a transparent forumula that takes as it's input ratings of various users.   Doggie's thread, and the way he can play God and make or break a company, always seemed ridiculously authoritarian and incompatible with bitcoin principals of democracy and plurality, etc.    
I mean, even if Doggie is a saint today; what's to stop him from selling his account to Spoondoolies or someone?  Centralization is not good.  Neither is authoritarianism.   Distrust anyone who decides to become an "authority".  Sorry Doggie, you seem like an all right guy, but I can't support what your doing.

You make a valid argument though I wonder how many others would willingly take this task without the promise of remuneration?
MichaelBliss

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 06:37:46 PM

how many others would willingly take this task without the promise of remuneration?

Yeah, I said I don't blame Dogie for doing his service, it's a free market and anyone is welcome to do the same thing and compete.   That's very charitable of him if he gets nothing in return.  I thought maybe he was getting free hardware for testing.
Pages: « 1 ... 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 [1242] 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: