Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:46:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181158 times)
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:12:36 AM

You park your money at a bank.Bank leases money to individuals and corpaorations.If bank can not collect the money bank, bankrup and you lose your money.So why do not invest and carry your own risk instead of carrying sistematic and asystematic risks of the market.

a very strong point which people often do not question, bringing further a statement saying that it is uncommon for a bank to default like that, and if it were so, there wouldn't be any banks. Banks are often those financial institutions which launder money between each other to close records and maintain power in the market by flowing money constantly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kampretkabur

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 06:03:38 AM

calculate your earning, your needs n your risk, invest only what you wont regret if its gone
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 07:01:28 AM

I think theres no point if you dont save money.

At a certain point in time when you make a ton of money, youre going to park it somewhere.

at that point i'm sure you would not need to make money anymore, everyone should have a threshold in the end

and aside from this you should use your money to have fun, otherwise why bothering with becoming rich?
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 07:49:08 AM

You park your money at a bank.Bank leases money to individuals and corpaorations.If bank can not collect the money bank, bankrup and you lose your money.So why do not invest and carry your own risk instead of carrying sistematic and asystematic risks of the market.

That's why there are many government backed banks are there but their interest may be bit less. You should choose those kind of banks for long term investments not the private banks
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 07:50:48 AM

For me, i will just save it in a secured place rather than investing it. There's a high risk on investing, it's like gambling

I think it's depends on where you want to invest, you need to research first when you want to invest somewhere. at least your money which you save, you will spend it for your needs.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 09:18:04 AM

At a certain point in time when you make a ton of money, youre going to park it somewhere.

at that point i'm sure you would not need to make money anymore, everyone should have a threshold in the end

and aside from this you should use your money to have fun, otherwise why bothering with becoming rich?

Because becoming rich is fun per se, wtf. If it ain't, then you are using the wrong tools or approach

oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:18:29 AM

For me, i will just save it in a secured place rather than investing it. There's a high risk on investing, it's like gambling

I think it's depends on where you want to invest, you need to research first when you want to invest somewhere. at least your money which you save, you will spend it for your needs.

yes, this is because a lot of fraud, and at worst is that you lose all bticoin you have,.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 10:54:43 AM

Because becoming rich is fun per se, wtf. If it ain't, then you are using the wrong tools or approach

dunno i don't find it fun per se, i only find fun being able to buy everything that i want with the money, without the need to buy things money are useless, because it's like you can't use them
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 11:30:26 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2015, 11:44:06 AM by deisik

dunno i don't find it fun per se, i only find fun being able to buy everything that i want with the money, without the need to buy things money are useless, because it's like you can't use them

The necessity to buy things is a given, so it is irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make (whether money is useless or not)

As I said, it is not fun since you're using a wrong approach. To better understand my point, you can look at this from another angle, that is, unless you get fun earning money (you name the process by which you actually get your pockets filled, lol), you won't be able to become rich (by your own effort, evidently)...

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 11:33:04 AM

Besides that, there are a lot of things which are massively useless (or even outright harmful) but nevertheless still fun

MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 12:03:59 PM

yes, this is because a lot of fraud, and at worst is that you lose all bticoin you have,.

Why need to research so much if you don't know where to invest then go with well know save investment for long term gold. Surely it will appreciate in the long run.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 12:37:39 PM

Besides that, there are a lot of things which are massively useless (or even outright harmful) but nevertheless still fun

well we have a different view to this thing, i don't find fun something which can be also useless , if something is truly fun it can't be useless for me

on this specific matter simply accumulating money without a purpose would not be a thing that i would consider fun, but to each his own...

to have an example of this, it's basically like accumulating many phone numbers of hot girls, without trying to fuck any of them, i would find this pretty pointless lol
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 12:51:39 PM

well we have a different view to this thing, i don't find fun something which can be also useless , if something is truly fun it can't be useless for me

on this specific matter simply accumulating money without a purpose would not be a thing that i would consider fun, but to each his own...

to have an example of this, it's basically like accumulating many phone numbers of hot girls, without trying to fuck any of them, i would find this pretty pointless lol

I like the thought of becoming richer by saving up a medium-sized amount of money, then later investing it into all sorts of things. This wouldn't work in your analogy, though. I wouldn't be saving up phone numbers to get an even hotter girl Tongue

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 02:09:53 PM

Spending is a given, don't forget what I said. But since spending is fun, then you need to make earning into a fun too, in order to provide means for even wilder spending (more fun). And you get twice as much fun in the end, lol (while earning and while spending)...

Is it really so hard to understand?

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 02:13:03 PM

I like the thought of becoming richer by saving up a medium-sized amount of money, then later investing it into all sorts of things. This wouldn't work in your analogy, though. I wouldn't be saving up phone numbers to get an even hotter girl Tongue

well but you have a purpose, to invest later, here we are talking about the simply accumulation of money without using even a penny for anything

Spending is a given, don't forget what I said. But since spending is fun, then you need to make earning into a fun too, in order to provide means for even wilder spending (more fun). And you get twice as much fun in the end, lol (while earning and while spending)...

Is it really so hard to understand?

it's not hard to understand, it simply that i don't find fun, accumulating and not using my money, that's it
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 02:15:14 PM

well but you have a purpose, to invest later, here we are talking about the simply accumulation of money without using even a penny for anything

If I remember your words correctly, you started by saying that earning is not fun (for you), right?

In short, would you choose earning with fun or prefer to earn boringly?

btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 02:17:14 PM

AFAIK even secure place like bank can be collapse too. On my country I have bank that collapse or bail out because some of conspiracy.
So I can't tell not all place is secure but still the best place to save your money is decide by yourself
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 02:18:22 PM

If I remember your words correctly, you started by saying that earning is not fun, right?

earning per se, without using it to actually buying something, it just doesn't make sense to me, because money are meant to be spent in the end, like you buy an hair clipper, but you let it sit there in your room without using it and so on..

i would choose to earn with fun obvious, in the sense that if i want to earn bitcoin i would mine and not post 50 post a day, because i find mining very funny, especially altcoin, when it was profitable

but what i'm saying is that if i don't need to accumulate more bitcoin, i would simply not choose any way to earn more, i wouldn't do it only because i like mining, there must be a purpose for me to accumulate more money than what i need for living a good life
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 03:48:53 PM

If I remember your words correctly, you started by saying that earning is not fun, right?

earning per se, without using it to actually buying something, it just doesn't make sense to me, because money are meant to be spent in the end, like you buy an hair clipper, but you let it sit there in your room without using it and so on..

So it is beyond your comprehension that some (though, I guess, many actually) can derive pleasure (fun, in your terms) from the process itself, irrespective of further expenditure (or lack thereof)?

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:51:06 PM

So it is beyond your comprehension that some (though I guess many actually) can derive pleasure (fun, in your terms) from the process itself, irrespective of further expenditure (or lack thereof)?

no i can understand it, as i said before to each his own, but it is something that i would never do, because i find it useless
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: