Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:26:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790353 times)
minerpage

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 11:14:36 PM

Let's see what tomorrow will bring.

Service Nodes would be great  Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 12:30:45 AM

rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 12:57:02 AM

Then what were we arguing about the whole time.

Bill Gates just sent me a PM.  He wants you on a plane to Redmond, in the morning.  He said to make sure you are wearing a shirt and tie, don't be late and make sure he 'washes'.

sigh...
Dear diary, ...this thread is constantly inventing new ways of how to troll me it seems.
Let's see what tomorrow will bring.

Signing off.

Well, as we like to say around here... Stay tuned!

Gotta keep you on your feet somehow!

The solution is to get rid of the other options!  Cheesy

I already did that.  You need to read the conditions at the bottom of the OP (like, you know, the small print). The vote is pretty much 100% yes, at this stage.

(I accidentally unignored you for a second, otherwise I wouldn't have commented).

lol, looks like it all happened how it was supposed to then...  Wink

rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 01:08:17 AM

What in particular is required for an application? Do they look at goals of the project/ work that has been done?

Do they give any information as to what their vetting process consists of?

trid

Activity: 425

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:26:31 AM

hmm, someone (it seems a few people) bought that 10k sat. wall on trex?
spready

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 05:27:29 AM

Just created an account to pipe in here... I think you guys are woefully under-explaining the Microsoft thing. It's very simple: they'll offer pre-packaged SPR-enabled cloud instances if an application is submitted and the code is vetted as safe for their platform. Nothing about this "moves" the SpreadCoin network. Nothing about this changes SpreadCoin. Nothing about this forces or even persuades SPR users to start using Azure services *unless* they, of their own volition, find it convenient to assist in the operation or development of SPR-related services.

Ethereum, Factom, Emercoin and several more coins have been accepted to this platform. None of them are in a "partnership" with Microsoft. None of them have "moved" to the Microsoft network. None of them have changed any of their code, governance, licensing, funding, or anything else about their project. I honestly have no idea where the concept of moving the SpreadCoin network to a centralized partnership with overlord Microsoft comes from, but it's waaaaaaaay off the mark of what's actually been offered/implemented. Having not gone through the application myself, I can't be sure, but from what I can infer from the experiences of other projects, the vetting process seems to be self-contained to a code-safety review within Microsoft.

As for why it would be advantageous (aside from the price/investor confidence/growth), I believe this is a completely benign program to participate in that doesn't threaten decentralization, arguably increasing it through easier, immediate, and reliable end-user access to SPR services and development. If PayPal said they're accepting SpreadCoin to process payments and SPR doesn't have to change anything about themselves - would you consider that centralization? Would you be wary of such an integration? This isn't the same level, but it's similar. You have a platform with major exposure, solid support, and in this case, a particularly forward-thinking team behind it for coming from such a corporate behemoth (who else is doing Blockchain-as-a-Service, seriously?) and they've read the SPR whitepaper and would be happy to help support the SPR community and ecosystem by offering it on their experimental and forward-thinking BaaS platform.

I honestly don't see how this can be perceived as a threat or a dangerous thing. If the service sucks, no one uses it. If Azure makes no money off of BaaS, it ceases to be offered. If they offer reliable service for an attractive price, enabling developers and users to access SPR more easily or more economically, then all this is, is decentralized infrastructure (you do know what Azure is, right?) building around SpreadCoin. Frankly I'm stunned that the de facto project lead on SPR is so under-informed on his main competitors/counterparts, and what's happening in this business space. Not trying to be a dick, but you probably need some more hands on deck with various strengths and knowledge. Beyond the code. And then you need to seriously consider to their advice, the hard part. Wink

I've been with spread since Mr. Spread launched it, btw, had an old account here that I deleted last year, used to be a "Hero" - some would probably remember me. Anyway, I stop in every month or so just to see what's happening, and I had to clarify this Microsoft misunderstanding going on. Good luck with whatever direction the project goes, still have coins in the vault and watching curiously.

Thank you for explaining! I was so confused reading this thread not knowing what's it all about and people losing limbs fighting about it.
minerpage

Activity: 268

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 05:56:15 AM

Thank you for explaining! I was so confused reading this thread not knowing what's it all about and people losing limbs fighting about it.

No worries, just spreading the coins  Cool

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 09:23:50 AM

Just created an account to pipe in here... I think you guys are woefully under-explaining the Microsoft thing. It's very simple: they'll offer pre-packaged SPR-enabled cloud instances if an application is submitted and the code is vetted as safe for their platform. Nothing about this "moves" the SpreadCoin network. Nothing about this changes SpreadCoin. Nothing about this forces or even persuades SPR users to start using Azure services *unless* they, of their own volition, find it convenient to assist in the operation or development of SPR-related services.

Ethereum, Factom, Emercoin and several more coins have been accepted to this platform. None of them are in a "partnership" with Microsoft. None of them have "moved" to the Microsoft network. None of them have changed any of their code, governance, licensing, funding, or anything else about their project. I honestly have no idea where the concept of moving the SpreadCoin network to a centralized partnership with overlord Microsoft comes from, but it's waaaaaaaay off the mark of what's actually been offered/implemented. Having not gone through the application myself, I can't be sure, but from what I can infer from the experiences of other projects, the vetting process seems to be self-contained to a code-safety review within Microsoft.

As for why it would be advantageous (aside from the price/investor confidence/growth), I believe this is a completely benign program to participate in that doesn't threaten decentralization, arguably increasing it through easier, immediate, and reliable end-user access to SPR services and development. If PayPal said they're accepting SpreadCoin to process payments and SPR doesn't have to change anything about themselves - would you consider that centralization? Would you be wary of such an integration? This isn't the same level, but it's similar. You have a platform with major exposure, solid support, and in this case, a particularly forward-thinking team behind it for coming from such a corporate behemoth (who else is doing Blockchain-as-a-Service, seriously?) and they've read the SPR whitepaper and would be happy to help support the SPR community and ecosystem by offering it on their experimental and forward-thinking BaaS platform.

I honestly don't see how this can be perceived as a threat or a dangerous thing. If the service sucks, no one uses it. If Azure makes no money off of BaaS, it ceases to be offered. If they offer reliable service for an attractive price, enabling developers and users to access SPR more easily or more economically, then all this is, is decentralized infrastructure (you do know what Azure is, right?) building around SpreadCoin. Frankly I'm stunned that the de facto project lead on SPR is so under-informed on his main competitors/counterparts, and what's happening in this business space. Not trying to be a dick, but you probably need some more hands on deck with various strengths and knowledge. Beyond the code. And then you need to seriously consider to their advice, the hard part. Wink

I've been with spread since Mr. Spread launched it, btw, had an old account here that I deleted last year, used to be a "Hero" - some would probably remember me. Anyway, I stop in every month or so just to see what's happening, and I had to clarify this Microsoft misunderstanding going on. Good luck with whatever direction the project goes, still have coins in the vault and watching curiously.

Great first post for a nob account  Grin

The OP on the vote does mention packaged easy deployment.

So far there are zero no votes (read the OP small print on counting no votes).  Seems like overwhelming support for making an application.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 09:43:20 AM

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 10:07:52 AM

However, Stonehedge, something that slightly bothers me coming from you... Really?

Talk to people!  Stop disappearing for weeks on end, start telling people what is happening and start sticking to your promises.

Very fair point.  For the public record, I recently agreed to assist another project with some project management work but real life issues lead me to go AWOL and renege on that undertaking.  Communications should have been better but they weren't. I have too much going on at the moment. Its a fair cop. 
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:09:55 AM

However, Stonehedge, something that slightly bothers me coming from you... Really?

Talk to people!  Stop disappearing for weeks on end, start telling people what is happening and start sticking to your promises.

Very fair point.  For the public record, I recently agreed to assist another project with some project management work but real life issues lead me to go AWOL and renege on that undertaking.  Communications should have been better but they weren't. I have too much going on at the moment. Its a fair cop.  

One of my goals with DRK was to do my part to get it into the top10.  That's why I was by far the top poster on the DRK and Dash thread. By the time a project reaches the top 10 it becomes self sustainable.

I said I was going to put as much effort into SPR (including working on the name) and also getting it into the top 10.  

Issues crop up. Projects have good days, bad days, crisis and really long periods of drift when nothing seems to be happening until everything seems to happen at once.

I made a commitment to do my part to get SPR into the top 10.  I will stick with that promise, because honest startup crypto projects need to instil confidence to those that want to find a project they can join and contribute to in any shape or fashion.

You and I have become friends, I think. We've met and we have other interests. All that through this project. How may more bromances are waiting to be discovered along this journey to the top 10?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:35:56 AM

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:51:20 AM

Talk to people!  Stop disappearing for weeks on end, start telling people what is happening and start sticking to your promises.

Very fair point.  For the public record, I recently agreed to assist another project with some project management work but real life issues lead me to go AWOL and renege on that undertaking.  Communications should have been better but they weren't. I have too much going on at the moment. Its a fair cop.  

One of my goals with DRK was to do my part to get it into the top10.  That's why I was by far the top poster on the DRK and Dash thread. By the time a project reaches the top 10 it becomes self sustainable.

I said I was going to put as much effort into SPR (including working on the name) and also getting it into the top 10.  

Issues crop up. Projects have good days, bad days, crisis and really long periods of drift when nothing seems to be happening until everything seems to happen at once.

I made a commitment to do my part to get SPR into the top 10.  I will stick with that promise, because honest startup crypto projects need to instil confidence to those that want to find a project they can join and contribute to in any shape or fashion.

You and I have become friends, I think. We've met and we have other interests. All that through this project. How may more bromances are waiting to be discovered along this journey to the top 10?

We have indeed become friends.

I'd be 100% behind this project if there was one hint of compromise in working methods to allow my contributions to be worthwhile.

It has been incredibly frustrating to see my efforts of the last 12 months go to waste because of a lack of community engagement and team work.
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 11:54:31 AM

Welcome!

Yesterday we started the azure discussion to finally get some clarity about the matter.
And it seems that we are slowly getting there.
Your comment "confirms" a few of my assumptions.
But alas, if only microsoft was a little bit more open about their process, it's weird that they aren't.

georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 12:08:38 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2016, 01:59:48 PM by georgem

Ethereum, Factom, Emercoin and several more coins have been accepted to this platform. ....
None of them have changed any of their code, governance, licensing, funding, or anything else about their project.

If you look here : https://blog.bitpay.com/bitcore-for-microsoft-azure/

They talk about: Bitcoin API Calls – 20x Faster

(EDIT: on second thought, I'm not sure though if what bitpay talks about in this post is specific about bitcore or can be applied to all blockchains running on azure)

A Bitcore node's direct access to the blockchain via its native bindings to Bitcoind makes Bitcore-based services 20X faster than those using JSON-RPC.
That's a significant performance improvement for services that rely on blockchain data, from payment processors and exchanges to block explorers.

We've already implemented Bitcore as the backend for our own bitcoin wallet Copay. Users can choose to connect directly to private Bitcoin nodes using our Bitcore Wallet Service,
 which includes a command line client made for business users.

If I understand this correctly, a "native binding" gives you access to "native code" without the need to write any native code.
In the azure/microsoft case that might be a native binding between node.js and c++ that they provide to their users.

Part of their vetting procedure is probably to find out how easily this "native binding" can be implemented,
something tells me that slight adjustments to the spreadcoin code might actually be necessary in some cases.

Best thing for the future would be if we had some sort of serious API extension for spreadcoin, so that other programs can get more direct access than just JSON-RPC calls.
Are other coins already doing something like this?

rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 03:29:32 PM

The solution is to get rid of the other options!  Cheesy

I already did that.  You need to read the conditions at the bottom of the OP (like, you know, the small print). The vote is pretty much 100% yes, at this stage.

(I accidentally unignored you for a second, otherwise I wouldn't have commented).

lol, looks like it all happened how it was supposed to then...  Wink

P.S. Coins that wall isn't gone yet  Tongue

Roll Eyes

The above was my subtle acknowledgement I was impatient and wrong  Cheesy

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:42:37 PM

Looks like just one valid no. Still overwhelming support for yes.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:45:56 PM

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 12:01:26 AM

Bitcoin blocks have been pretty full recently

rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 03:21:08 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2016, 05:15:12 AM by rhinomonkey

Thoughts on beginning a Big Data Methodology conversation on BTCT in a separate topic?

We have one on the SPR forum here: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=749.0 , but it has rather grim amounts of traffic at the moment. Obviously, we want to get people to post in spreadcointalk more, but we are still a growing community and it may be better for productive discussion if we open the conversation up to a wider pool of people with new thoughts and ideas. I can always add important & valuable posts from here to the spreadcoin forum if some people want to explicitly contribute there.

Coins, I was hoping you might be able to direct me to a spot to open this conversation up on bitcointalk / open it up yourself in the appropriate spot, if this is thought to be a good idea. I'm woefully unfamiliar with the borderlands of BTCT!

Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: