Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:46:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: how excited are you for the DOGED rebranding to VERGE?!
insanely! - 42 (54.5%)
very! - 11 (14.3%)
sdalkjsldkfj YES! - 3 (3.9%)
Cheesy - 21 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 77

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DOGED][REBRANDING TO $XVG] DogeCoinDark [Scrypt][privacy/TOR/i2P resources]  (Read 206264 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
endoffiat

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 09:36:08 PM

heh. oh hi guys  Grin
hey there newbie  Wink welcome  Cheesy

But seriously i would also change my vote to XVG

So now it must be 15 all .  30/15    40/15     game. Huh  LOL Been watching too much tennis.

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 10:51:24 PM

heh. oh hi guys  Grin
hey there newbie  Wink welcome  Cheesy

But seriously i would also change my vote to XVG

So now it must be 15 all .  30/15    40/15     game. Huh  LOL Been watching too much tennis.

haha yes, its looking well in favor of XVG.. glad everyone's putting thought into it =]

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
ozboy2014

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:56:09 PM

Has VER been taken?
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 11:12:23 PM

Has VER been taken?

we want it to start with X and only be 3 characters to fit into the new ISO standard being implemented.

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 12:57:42 AM

so, we're going with VERGE (XVG)

Grin

im very excited about this.. i have alot of work to do, so if you'll excuse me.. i'll be back in a bit!

ozboy2014

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 01:08:29 AM

Has VER been taken?

we want it to start with X and only be 3 characters to fit into the new ISO standard being implemented.
Ok fair enough
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 01:35:48 AM

Has VER been taken?

Ok fair enough

yeah, otherwise we would want something like you suggested, VER, VERG or VRGE or something..

im pretty excited about VERGE/XVG

i think people are finally going to look at our resources n realize we are the top privacy coin out there, and no one comes close to our anonymity/privacy, or our anonymity/privacy resources.

we still have anonymity components that people think cant be done! (and many more on the way, under the new VERGE name!)

DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 01:39:01 AM

Has VER been taken?

Ok fair enough

yeah, otherwise we would want something like you suggested, VER, VERG or VRGE or something..

i think people are finally going to look at our resources n realize we are the top privacy coin out there, and no one comes close to our anonymity/privacy, or our anonymity/privacy resources.

we still have anonymity components that people think cant be done! (and many more on the way, under the new VERGE name!)

Just dropping in, is DogeD changing to Verge? if so why....

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 01:43:14 AM

Has VER been taken?

Ok fair enough

'
yes we are rebranding to VERGE. many reasons as to why..  with dogecoin's developer/creator, Jackson Palmer, having left last year,

and no new tech coming out for them on the horizon, and so many shitcoins that had/have the name "dark" in them, that aren't

truly private or "dark" so to speak, myself and many community members think we needed to be recognized for what we are, and

not associated with any other coin. at first i didn't like the idea, but i think i was just being selfish, because now, the more thought i've put into it,

i am really looking forward to the change, regardless of the amount of work its going to take me. i've already started though, and plan to have the

rebrand ready for release by mid february.  Cool

DieJohnny
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 01:48:18 AM

Has VER been taken?

Ok fair enough

'
yes we are rebranding to VERGE. many reasons as to why..  with dogecoin's developer/creator, Jackson Palmer, having left last year,

and no new tech coming out for them on the horizon, and so many shitcoins that had/have the name "dark" in them, that aren't

truly private or "dark" so to speak, myself and many community members think we needed to be recognized for what we are, and

not associated with any other coin. at first i didn't like the idea, but i think i was just being selfish, because now, the more thought i've put into it,

i am really looking forward to the change, regardless of the amount of work its going to take me. i've already started though, and plan to have the

Do you merge mine with other Scrypt like LTC? I have a titan, should I point my miner at your coin for a while?

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
ozboy2014

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 02:13:04 AM

Has VER been taken?

Ok fair enough

z.cash has started to implement things along these line.. If we can beat them to it and with the name change, people will see VERGE in a different light.

EDIT: they've got a github
https://github.com/Electric-Coin-Company/zcash
http://www.wired.com/2016/01/zcash-an-untraceable-bitcoin-alternative-launches-in-alpha/
endoffiat

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 02:21:13 AM

Has VER been taken?

Ok fair enough

Couldn't agree more Dev. This is absolutely the best private anonymous coin there is. Actually it is the only true anonymous coin available.  Cool

my ip address is Hidden. as John Cena would say U CAN'T C ME ! LOL

_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
DieJohnny
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 02:27:29 AM

I like XRG better, just saying it sounds better

endoffiat

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 02:56:24 AM

I like XRG better, just saying it sounds better
At the start of this page XVG was pointed out as probably the best relation to VERGE.
people should have no problem relating the ticker XVG to VERGE. hopefully the VG part makes it fairly straight forward.
probably less confusion that way.
others probably do sound better, but think this one needed to be as simple as possible.

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 03:20:51 AM

Has VER been taken?

Ok fair enough

'

Do you merge mine with other Scrypt like LTC? I have a titan, should I point my miner at your coin for a while?

sure, theres plenty of good pools, mastermining and suprnova, off the top of my head

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 03:21:50 AM

Has VER been taken?

Ok fair enough

z.cash has started to implement things along these line.. If we can beat them to it and with the name change, people will see VERGE in a different light.

http://www.wired.com/2016/01/zcash-an-untraceable-bitcoin-alternative-launches-in-alpha/

well we have beat them to it, early last year lol, and as far as i can see in the source code, there is nothing stopping the ip address of the users across the network..

thats why we needed this rebrand, no one took us seriously and stuff like this is making news, when its already been out!

ozboy2014

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 03:30:03 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2016, 03:54:31 AM by ozboy2014

Has VER been taken?

Ok fair enough

well we have beat them to it, early last year lol, and as far as i can see in the source code, there is nothing stopping the ip address of the users across the network..

thats why we needed this rebrand, no one took us seriously and stuff like this is making news, when its already been out!

I see. So in this instance the barriers could possibly be the stigma around the name being identified with DOGE and the ease of use  i.e. the ability of lay person being able to take the coin with all its functionalities and use it without having to go through a full technical  crash course to do so?  Grin Grin

EDIT:
Question: How can a Chinese lay person take advantage of VERGE's anonymity from country like China without having to setup/configure a full blown darkweb environment before they can use it?

Instead of trying to create a platform(s) that will cater for different users, is there a way to use the blockchain as a platform to do all these work/config and have users to just "tap/log" into it via vpn or the like to carry out their transactions?
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 03:47:37 AM

Has VER been taken?

Ok fair enough

I see. So in this instance the barriers could possibly be the stigma around the name being identified with DOGE and the ease of use  i.e. the ability of lay person being able to take the coin with all its functionalities and use it without having to go through a full technical  crash course to do so?  Grin Grin

i was thinking it could be associated with coins like doge, that do not offer any of these privacy features, and coins with "dark" in the name, that dont offer features like this either..

i think this rebranding will help our name get out there, and let it be judged for what it is, not what people may associate it with

CryptocurrencyNetwork

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 04:29:44 AM

Has VER been taken?

Ok fair enough

EDIT:
Question: How can a Chinese lay person take advantage of VERGE's anonymity from country like China without having to setup/configure a full blown darkweb environment before they can use it?

Instead of trying to create a platform(s) that will cater for different users, is there a way to use the blockchain as a platform to do all these work/config and have users to just "tap/log" into it via vpn or the like to carry out their transactions?
I'm going there in a little over a month and have a lot of experience with China. This is something I might be able to help.

What kind of experience do you have with China? Do you write and speak Chinese?

ozboy2014

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 04:32:26 AM

in interest of being open and honest, i have been writing vercingetorix and telling him to stop crying about the name change. if he doesnt stop whining about it in the thread im going to ban him from it.

this is what i wrote him today:

"why are you ignoring my messages?

how many coins do you have? what's your coin address?

i want to buy your doged so you leave. you are a huge pain in the ass and are the only one continuously whining about the name change. if you dont like verge, you can leave. if you dont want to sell right now, just shut up and wait for the price to go up. nothing you do or say is going to change the name. i created this coin. did you or anyone else create the name dogecoindark? no, i did. did you or anyone else build ANY of its resources? no, i did. i allowed the community to pick names, and the majority had picked this one, and i chose it. it is now rebranding to verge. for god sake, stop being a baby and complaining about the name change days later, or ill ban you from the thread for being an infant."

just dont want any of my words misconstrued  Tongue
More deleted posts, even a very obviously positive one to Jimmy, threats of banning. I don't care about the name anymore; I oppose how you are handling discussion and centralizing what thoughts are appropriate or not. And the name calling, and this idea that it's all about you and not all these other guys who invested in your favorite pet project. Why wouldn't I reduce my stake with that kind of behavior? No professional investors would get behind someone acting this way.

Works both way mate.

He's not saying anything that is unture. We may be investors but if he hasn't put in as much efforts as he has been to date, no investors would be hanging around anyway. The name chnage is long overdure but by the same token you need to realise how much extra work that need to go into this change. Frankly, I am happy with the change regardless of what it's called (just not DOGED.. Grin). This will enable people to judge the coin for what it is. Crypto is speculative and the development as well as marketing/perception need to go hand and hand..  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: