Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:15:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901262 times)
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 02:42:47 AM

Atheism is not a religion.  A-theism is simply the absence of Theism. 

A-theism! It cannot exist alone without Theism. How ironic.

It's just a simple prefix dude.  Not a miracle.  https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Category:English_words_prefixed_with_a-
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:04:32 AM

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?

— Nietzsche, The Gay Science, Section 125, tr. Walter Kaufmann

escrowboy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 09:34:50 AM

The concrete evidence of the quote "Ignorance is a bliss." Isn't religious people tend to be more happy and joyful?

Precisely.

That can take any number of forms.  Pretty hard to generalize, wouldn't you agree?

I am neither an Atheist nor a Theist.  I am a bot.

"I have no GOD in this fight!"    Wink

The Atheists I know do not "hate" religion. 

Religion is simply a step along the way for the truly Enlightened.

What is a religion? A chunk of ground isn't a religion. A book isn't a religion. A religion is when a person makes something a religion in his own heart and mind.

The adamant chiming of atheists that atheism isn't a religion is itself a religion in those atheists, a religion that has as part of its doctrine and dogma, statements and beliefs that atheism isn't a religion. In part, atheism is a religion of non-religion.

Cool
As an Atheist that's when I agree with you, religion is a made-up story of a man and he do really want to recruit his religion because that's what he feel and what he believe. Sure you can have you own religion but when you try to shove your perspective with others then that's not fair and good enough.
dihari

Activity: 910
Merit: 525

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 09:46:44 AM

lol
really? you ask this question?
in the "money" forum?
 Cheesy

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 10:12:24 PM

The concrete evidence of the quote "Ignorance is a bliss." Isn't religious people tend to be more happy and joyful?

Precisely.

That can take any number of forms.  Pretty hard to generalize, wouldn't you agree?

What is a religion? A chunk of ground isn't a religion. A book isn't a religion. A religion is when a person makes something a religion in his own heart and mind.

The adamant chiming of atheists that atheism isn't a religion is itself a religion in those atheists, a religion that has as part of its doctrine and dogma, statements and beliefs that atheism isn't a religion. In part, atheism is a religion of non-religion.

Cool
As an Atheist that's when I agree with you, religion is a made-up story of a man and he do really want to recruit his religion because that's what he feel and what he believe. Sure you can have you own religion but when you try to shove your perspective with others then that's not fair and good enough.

Now you are explaining the religion of atheism perfectly.    Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 10:57:20 PM

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?

First, it's important to avoid the not-so-uncommon misinterpretation that Nietzsche is saying God once was but no longer is: Nietzsche is definitely not saying that something happened to God as an entity (according to Nietzsche, God never existed), but rather that we have done something to God as an idea. Specifically, we have abandoned the idea of God, hence "killed" him, much as we would say "you are dead to me" to someone we no longer care the slightest about - though again, Nietzsche doesn't think God was ever real as an entity.

To Nietzsche, this is an inevitable step in the timeline of civilization. He claims that we both created God and are bound to destroy him, and furthermore that this latter event is on the horizon.
alplaxxx

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:08:33 AM

Atheist hate religion , simply because they are the adversary of there believes, the contradiction of there plan, they hate religion because religion , God is the center of there belief, 
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 02:27:50 AM

Atheist hate religion , simply because they are the adversary of there believes, the contradiction of there plan, they hate religion because religion , God is the center of there belief, 

Hating atheism is self-hate, because atheism is a religion.    Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 05:56:36 AM

Precisely.

Cool

Now you are explaining the religion of atheism perfectly.    Cool

Since you *clearly* understand Atheism more deeply than everyone else here, (including the Atheists,) you must be an Atheist @BADecker!
I knew it all along....
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 06:44:10 AM

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 09:22:57 PM

Since you *clearly* understand Atheism more deeply than everyone else here, (including the Atheists,) you must be an Atheist @BADecker!
I knew it all along....

You don't have to understand atheism to look up all the info about it, and see that the people expressing that info are acting the same way that religious leaders and evangelists in a religion.

BTW, did you get a wife through some Nigerian email scam? Just curious.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 09:26:10 PM

That goes to show you how ignorant evolution believers are. They can't fill in the holes, so they use their imagination. And they intentionally forget to look at the probability math that shows that evolution is impossible - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1454732.0 - and all other kinds of things as well.

Evolution. Fun religion. Neat sci-fi story.

Cool

RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 12:31:31 AM

So what do you believe in?

When are YOU going to share your divine enlightenment with us? @BADecker?

Your politics are right on, (or I would have ignored you a long time ago, just based on this thread, LOL.)

Many have asked & you never reply.
Jmild1

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 07:33:36 AM

That goes to show you how ignorant evolution believers are. They can't fill in the holes, so they use their imagination. And they intentionally forget to look at the probability math that shows that evolution is impossible - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1454732.0 - and all other kinds of things as well.

Evolution. Fun religion. Neat sci-fi story.

Cool

It is funny that religious people don't want to believe that we have similarities with ape and they don't want it. But if their priest says that humans are made out of a sand, they don't go against it. Lol
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 07:43:18 AM

First, it's important to avoid the not-so-uncommon misinterpretation that Nietzsche is saying God once was but no longer is: Nietzsche is definitely not saying that something happened to God as an entity (according to Nietzsche, God never existed), but rather that we have done something to God as an idea. Specifically, we have abandoned the idea of God, hence "killed" him, much as we would say "you are dead to me" to someone we no longer care the slightest about - though again, Nietzsche doesn't think God was ever real as an entity.

To Nietzsche, this is an inevitable step in the timeline of civilization. He claims that we both created God and are bound to destroy him, and furthermore that this latter event is on the horizon.

Thanks for your good explanation of the meaning of the Nietzsche quote sorryforthat.

Ideas are incredibly powerful, much much more than most people realize I think. Everything you can lay your eyes on (except natural earth itself) started with an idea that became an action and turned into whatever it is today, that is to say all man-made things, which is basically nearly everything you would see in any city, town or village - in other words everywhere humans live. It's all ideas that became manifest in objects.

So the manifest 'object' if you will, of the idea of God's death, according to Nietzsche, are the church steeples - those are the gravestones of where God-idea is buried [this is as far as I know also a Nietzsche quote ie. "God is dead and the church steeples are the gravestones of where he lies buried" I'm not sure of the precise quote though]. If you look at how church buildings go empty (no attendance) then you'd realize Nietzsche's ideas are becoming reality - the next step in the timeline as you pointed out.

nururochac

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:05:14 AM

Your politics are right on, (or I would have ignored you a long time ago, just based on this thread, LOL.)

Badecker only wants to reply on those arguments that he can answer. I saw other people debunking his bullish arguments and he don't want to answer it because he know in himself that he can't have any reason for that.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 01:11:32 PM

Badecker only wants to reply on those arguments that he can answer. I saw other people debunking his bullish arguments and he don't want to answer it because he know in himself that he can't have any reason for that.

BADecker doesn't recognize any arguments as such, and, therefore, never replies to any of them.

BADecker might make mistakes now and again, but in general, people only debunk their own non-arguments when they try to debunk BADecker's non-arguments. Why is this? Because they don't have enough knowledge or understanding or vision.

Anybody who wants to get divine enlightenment need only to:
1. Learn to read well if he doesn't know how;
2. Get a copy of the Bible in his native language, and, if he is entirely unfamiliar with Bible teaching, get a small Bible explanation booklet to get the basic idea of what the Bible is about;
3. Get a basic understanding of what the Bible is about;
4. Read the whole Bible over and over again, at least an hour each day, reading the Old Testament once for every 4 New Testament readings;
5. After reading the Bible thoroughly at least several times, the reader can get Bible tapes or CDs and listen rather than read.
6. Never stop.

The reason this works is that the Bible is God's word. And all knowledge and understanding is in God. Reading/listening to His Word imparts His knowledge and understanding to the reader/listener. God's Spirit is in His word, the Bible. God's Spirit actively imparts much understanding, Spirit to spirit.

What is important to remember is that there is so extremely much knowledge and understanding in the universe alone, that it will take an extremely long time to understand it all. So, it is advisable to fill on the Word as explained above for several years before responding in forums like this one.

Cool

Cyaren

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 02:08:38 PM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

I think we actually dont hate it ( maybe some of us ) but we just can't resist that someone is believing in something that isnt scientifically proved.
Personally i think its pretty funny that people really believe there is something in the HEAVEN and the god MADE world lol
do what u want anyway
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 02:41:26 PM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

I think we actually dont hate it ( maybe some of us ) but we just can't resist that someone is believing in something that isnt scientifically proved.
Personally i think its pretty funny that people really believe there is something in the HEAVEN and the god MADE world lol
do what u want anyway

I think it quite strange that cars, rockets, computers and thousands of other complex machines come from people making them. And these things wouldn't have been made if there wasn't the intelligence of people to make them.

Yet, people take instruction for everything they make, from the machinery in nature.

But some people can't seem to fathom that the far grater machinery of nature must have been made, as well.

How strange.

Cool

frankmb

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die...

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 06:28:01 PM

I'm a atheist, but i don't hate religion.

Anyone is free to believe what they want. Who am i to say otherwise?

As long as there can be mutual respect, i lived with a muslim for 9 years and we didn't broke up because of my lack of belief or for her belief in the islam.
Pages: « 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: