Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:34:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901260 times)
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 06:06:36 PM

Hate absolutely is part of your religion. You admitted it when you said you hate religion. Your religion is to hate religion. The fact that you are able to comment in this forum shows that you can have religion. Everybody has religion of some sort; his religion is what ever his theme of life is. Your religion is a religion of hating religion. You are focusing on hating yourself.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

WOW so you have made a new religion its called the HATE RELIGION Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy this is a new 1 to me Cheesy
hate is in every person 100% of the population can hate..
if i done wicked things to you will you not hate me Wink Wink Wink
the trouble is you know nothing about the world around you

i know what i know and i know you know nothing Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
you read the bible and make your own law to what you read but what you read is BULLSHIT Wink Wink
so there for you talk BULLSHIT Cheesy Cheesy

I THINK SO THERE FOR I AM
YOU GET TOLD SO THERE FOR YOUR NOT

Frustrating, isn't it, to finally be waked up to something that you never wanted to think of before.

Among the definitions for "religion" from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/religion?s=t is
religion
[ri-lij-uh n]

noun

6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:
to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

The way you live your life is your religion, more than any church you may attend if you are a church-goer.

Since your religion is, by your own admission, to hate religion, you must hate your own beliefs, and, therefore, your own self.

You are, of course, welcome to remain in ignorance about this. But if you do, you will ultimately ignore yourself right out of existence.

Smiley
I think you been reading the bible too much you are confusing yourself and me ..
ok i religiously love my children i get your point..
but i don.t religiously believe in religion ..does this clear things up its a load of bullshit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 12:24:39 AM

Hate absolutely is part of your religion. You admitted it when you said you hate religion. Your religion is to hate religion. The fact that you are able to comment in this forum shows that you can have religion. Everybody has religion of some sort; his religion is what ever his theme of life is. Your religion is a religion of hating religion. You are focusing on hating yourself.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

WOW so you have made a new religion its called the HATE RELIGION Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy this is a new 1 to me Cheesy
hate is in every person 100% of the population can hate..
if i done wicked things to you will you not hate me Wink Wink Wink
the trouble is you know nothing about the world around you

i know what i know and i know you know nothing Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
you read the bible and make your own law to what you read but what you read is BULLSHIT Wink Wink
so there for you talk BULLSHIT Cheesy Cheesy

I THINK SO THERE FOR I AM
YOU GET TOLD SO THERE FOR YOUR NOT

Frustrating, isn't it, to finally be waked up to something that you never wanted to think of before.

Among the definitions for "religion" from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/religion?s=t is
religion
[ri-lij-uh n]

noun

6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:
to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

The way you live your life is your religion, more than any church you may attend if you are a church-goer.

Since your religion is, by your own admission, to hate religion, you must hate your own beliefs, and, therefore, your own self.

You are, of course, welcome to remain in ignorance about this. But if you do, you will ultimately ignore yourself right out of existence.

Smiley
I think you been reading the bible too much you are confusing yourself and me ..
ok i religiously love my children i get your point..
but i don.t religiously believe in religion ..does this clear things up its a load of bullshit

If you must know, I almost read the Bible not at all!

Good. You are starting to get the point. The fact that nobody really knows anything about his future, even only a few seconds into the future, is the reason that all people have religion whatever it might be. Perhaps part of your religion includes the self-reinforced belief that you DO know something about your future. If so, your religion is way more delusional than you understand.

However, I still like popcorn.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Cash BTC

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 11:33:01 AM

Again:

Have a read here guys:
http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism

Is the most comprenhensive guide to Atheism around. In this way you will stop fighting like kids that don't know what they are talking about.

Thank You.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 02:55:04 PM

Again:

Have a read here guys:

Is the most comprenhensive guide to Atheism around. In this way you will stop fighting like kids that don't know what they are talking about.

Thank You.

Lots of words in the link. Might be fun reading, sometime. However, the link simply proves that atheism is a religion, even if it is a religion that is differnt than any other. How does the link prove this? It proves it in light of the 3 scientific laws that have been around for ages, that prove that God exists. These 3 scientific laws are, again:
1. cause and effect;
2. universal entropy;
3. universal complexity.

In depth study of the combining of these 3 laws of nature prove that God exists. God may not scientifically be anything like the God-religions suggest, but He/It does exist, and is far greater than anyone can understand or fathom.

Atheism is simply another religion, and a rather self-contradictory one.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Cash BTC

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 01:32:54 PM

Again:

Have a read here guys:

Thank You.

Lots of words in the link. Might be fun reading, sometime. However, the link simply proves that atheism is a religion, even if it is a religion that is differnt than any other. How does the link prove this? It proves it in light of the 3 scientific laws that have been around for ages, that prove that God exists. These 3 scientific laws are, again:
1. cause and effect;
2. universal entropy;
3. universal complexity.

In depth study of the combining of these 3 laws of nature prove that God exists. God may not scientifically be anything like the God-religions suggest, but He/It does exist, and is far greater than anyone can understand or fathom.

Smiley

You did not even read the first word of the article I posted:
"Atheism, as defined by the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, the Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy, and other philosophy reference works, is the denial of the existence of God.[1][2][3] "The Merriam-Webster dictionary definition of atheism is "a disbelief in the existence of deity"."

Atheism is not a religion.

If you want to see it as a religious view, atheism is a sin.
1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2. You shall not make idols.

Atheism is replacing G-d with an idol (whichever the atheist choose).

However: is difficult to discuss with people that did never read the first word of the link I posted and, yet, claimed so many things:
1. cause and effect;
2. universal entropy;
3. universal complexity.

You need to do what others say before saying your words: that is called education.

Thank You and may you live without confusion.

Best regards.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 02:18:05 PM

Again:

Have a read here guys:

Thank You.

1. cause and effect;
2. universal entropy;
3. universal complexity.

Smiley

You did not even read the first word of the article I posted:
"Atheism, as defined by the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, the Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy, and other philosophy reference works, is the denial of the existence of God.[1][2][3] "The Merriam-Webster dictionary definition of atheism is "a disbelief in the existence of deity"."

Atheism is not a religion.

If you want to see it as a religious view, atheism is a sin.
1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2. You shall not make idols.

Atheism is replacing G-d with an idol (whichever the atheist choose).

However: is difficult to discuss with people that did never read the first word of the link I posted and, yet, claimed so many things:
1. cause and effect;
2. universal entropy;
3. universal complexity.

You need to do what others say before saying your words: that is called education.

Thank You and may you live without confusion.

Best regards.

When you look around the world, you can find religions that don't have a God. Atheism is simply another. To prove it, all you need do is Google wording like "is atheism a religion?" and read some of what you find.

If you can't see that cause and effect, universal entropy, and universal complexity, when combined, rule out the possibility that God doesn't exist, then you either have not thought deeply enough about it, or you are not able to think deeply about it.

Btw, it doesn't bother me at all that the truth about the atheism religion contains a god that puts itself up above the God of the First Commandment. I am simply stating the truth regarding it. The fact that you used "G-d" suggests that you are Jewish, or at least aligned with some form of Judaism. But you are a hypocrite, as can be shown by the fact that you (and many of the Jews) use "G-d." Why? Because you could use God, since you wouldn't be taking His name in vain. God isn't His name.

It wasn't God's idea to separate the Jews from the Goyim in the ways that the Jews are doing it. After all, even the Torah has rules for accepting aliens living among the Jews.

Smiley

Cash BTC

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:50:48 PM

When you look around the world, you can find religions that don't have a God. Atheism is simply another. To prove it, all you need do is Google wording like "is atheism a religion?" and read some of what you find.

Again: you are stating something without even reading the first word of the article I posted the definition from.

If you can't see that cause and effect, universal entropy, and universal complexity, when combined, rule out the possibility that God doesn't exist, then you either have not thought deeply enough about it, or you are not able to think deeply about it.

Not only you don't listen to others, you also start offending them when they are not saying something you like.

Btw, it doesn't bother me at all that the truth about the atheism religion contains a god that puts itself up above the God of the First Commandment. I am simply stating the truth regarding it. The fact that you used "G-d" suggests that you are Jewish, or at least aligned with some form of Judaism. But you are a hypocrite, as can be shown by the fact that you (and many of the Jews) use "G-d." Why? Because you could use God, since you wouldn't be taking His name in vain. God isn't His name.

It wasn't God's idea to separate the Jews from the Goyim in the ways that the Jews are doing it. After all, even the Torah has rules for accepting aliens living among the Jews.

Of course you are now saying random words that has nothing relate to the words of your interlocutor: cause you didn't even took the time to listen to him/her.

Smiley

And then offending again.

"Thank You" and best regards.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 10:21:31 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2015, 10:35:32 PM by BADecker

Again: you are stating something without even reading the first word of the article I posted the definition from.
Actually, I DID read a few words from it. So we have a contradiction of definitions? Other definitions point blank show or say that atheism is a religion.

Not only you don't listen to others, you also start offending them when they are not saying something you like.
The science of cause and effect, universal entropy, and universal complexity is not mine. What's the matter, poor baby? When you don't like something that somebody says, you just start picking on them, right?

Of course you are now saying random words that has nothing relate to the words of your interlocutor: cause you didn't even took the time to listen to him/her.
Just copying my "interlocutor."

Smiley

And then offending again.

Thank YOU for YOUR best regards, and for keeping my smiley.

Smiley

Cash BTC

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 11:46:48 AM

...omissis...

You should ALL have a read here, cause you are all discussing without a clear objective.

When you discuss without a clear objective you are losing time as this 71-pages thread shows. (Definition N.2)

The OP should have started the thread with the definition of atheism, the fact that we are discussing the definition of atheism at page 71st of this thread is the prove that this thread is a big waste of time.

You cannot discuss the subject "Why do Atheists hate Religion" whitout agreeing on the definition of Atheism. (Definition N.3)

BCEmporium
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 03:11:12 PM

Killing people
Harassing people
Unawareness of the boundaries of legitimacy
World domination attempts
Gender violence
Sexual violence
and the list goes on and on and on and on...

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Cash BTC

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 06:32:14 PM

Killing people
Harassing people
Unawareness of the boundaries of legitimacy
World domination attempts
Gender violence
Sexual violence

Killing people: no homicide was recorded from an atheist's sect (if such a thing exist)
Harassing people: atheist are notorius for that, that coud be a fun definition of atheism, not a serious one for sure
Unawareness of the boundaries of legitimacy: atheist are notorius for that, that coud be a serious definition of atheism
World domination attempts: lots of world leaders are atheist, so... probably a good definition
Gender violence: no gender violence was recorded from an atheist's sect (if such a thing exist)
Sexual violence: no rape was recorded from an atheist's sect (if such a thing exist)

Try to be more specific and I'm sure we can agree on the definition of Atheism.

BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 06:54:58 PM

You're trying to make a point at a blunt end.
Unlike religions atheists do NOT have any sort of books or doctrines imposing them to perform those things.
As someone said "there will always be bad people, but it takes religion to put good people doing bad things".

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 11:43:44 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2015, 03:01:45 AM by BADecker

...omissis...

You should ALL have a read here, cause you are all discussing without a clear objective.

When you discuss without a clear objective you are losing time as this 71-pages thread shows. (Definition N.2)

The OP should have started the thread with the definition of atheism, the fact that we are discussing the definition of atheism at page 71st of this thread is the prove that this thread is a big waste of time.

You cannot discuss the subject "Why do Atheists hate Religion" whitout agreeing on the definition of Atheism. (Definition N.3)

This is a forum. In a forum, definitions might be long, and they might be short. It simply depends on who is presenting the definitions, and why. If we want to get into picky, long-winded definitions, just so that we can argue all kinds of picky things, that's okay. Remember that the more the words, the less the meaning. But sometimes that kind of thing is fun.

From http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheism?s=t:
atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun
1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.
2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

From http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheist?s=t:
atheist
[ey-thee-ist]

noun
1. a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Do fish believe or disbelieve in a supreme being? Don't really know. But probably not.

How about cows? Trees? Grass? Rocks? Probably none of these. Maybe not even elephants and dolphins and whales and chimpanzees that all seem to have rather high intelligences.

But we all DO know who believes or disbelieves in a supreme being, don't we. It's human beings. If the others have the ability to believe or disbelieve, it is a limited ability.

Know what this means? It means that mankind is a supreme being. At least with regard to cows and trees and grass and rocks and elephants and dolphins and whales and chimpanzees, yes, and even fish, even though these listed things don't believe or disbelieve (very much).

Come on, atheists. Think. Since atheism is completely false, yet atheists believe in it, atheism is a religion... even a cult.

Smiley

EDIT: Not trying to suggest that Cash BTC is an atheist here.

popcorn1
Legendary

Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 01:24:32 AM

Do fish believe or disbelieve in a supreme being? Don't really know. But probably not.

WELL  Cheesy YOUR WRONG..plus you of all people should know they do Wink Wink
i bet you never knew this..watch and learn you will learn something Grin Grin

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfuMR3rlCII
DAGON
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 02:59:17 AM

WELL  Cheesy YOUR WRONG..plus you of all people should know they do Wink Wink
i bet you never knew this..watch and learn you will learn something Grin Grin

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfuMR3rlCII
DAGON

Oh you are so funny.    Cheesy

But seriously speaking. Anybody who thinks that there is no supreme being, doesn't realize that by thinking this way, he is setting himself up as the supreme being that he is attempting to disavow. The plants and animals don't have the ability to think this way... make determinations about the existence of supreme beings. Certainly inanimate material can't think at all!

Atheists are simply supreme beings trying to believe that they don't exist. Of course, individually, after they die, they don't exist any more. But after death, they can't make any determinations of anything. Thus, they aren't atheists any longer, just as they aren't supreme beings then.

Why do atheists hate religion? They hate religion simply because they can't get away from it, no matter if there is a God or not. They simply don't have control in this area. And nobody likes being out of control.

Smiley

BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 07:17:34 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2015, 07:28:57 AM by BCEmporium

WRONG!

I don't care if you pray to whatever you want!
I care for the social impact of you trying to impose shit and want others to do or act like monkeys just because your God or whatever rig you joined told you to.

You are talking like if atheism implies we care about you to worship your deity, and this might be true with some since atheism has no doctrine, but under a rational view, whatever you worship is up to you.
The problem relies on the group psychology applied to the organized religions. Like in a concert when the singer asks the people to shout, wave, raise hands... obviously it is just stupid, he doesn't need that to sing and if you went there to listen to his music, the noise of people shouting or the visual noise of waving hands are counter-producing to the desired effect. However the singer is trying to see if the group is paying attention and under control.
Similar to what you've with the scammers you call preachers and prophets. What sort of God cares if you have a prepuce or women is covered up or naked, or you're pointing at a specific geographic location? So, that's just a way for the scammer to know he is in control of the group.

|

|
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 01:24:13 PM

WRONG!

I don't care if you pray to whatever you want!
I care for the social impact of you trying to impose shit and want others to do or act like monkeys just because your God or whatever rig you joined told you to.

You are talking like if atheism implies we care about you to worship your deity, and this might be true with some since atheism has no doctrine, but under a rational view, whatever you worship is up to you.

The problem relies on the group psychology applied to the organized religions. Like in a concert when the singer asks the people to shout, wave, raise hands... obviously it is just stupid, he doesn't need that to sing and if you went there to listen to his music, the noise of people shouting or the visual noise of waving hands are counter-producing to the desired effect. However the singer is trying to see if the group is paying attention and under control.
Similar to what you've with the scammers you call preachers and prophets. What sort of God cares if you have a prepuce or women is covered up or naked, or you're pointing at a specific geographic location? So, that's just a way for the scammer to know he is in control of the group.

The person who started this thread, and thus the thread title was an atheist who hated religion. I don't get it either, but blame the atheist not the religious people.

As a Christian, pastors and priests and churches in general these days aren't really teaching the gospel of the bible. Yes, most are hypocrites. But hate the sin, not the sinner.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 01:56:53 PM

I'm an Atheist. I don't hate religions. I just believe in science that's all. But what I realized is that many wars, conflicts happened and still happen because of different religions. This is silly!!
I have friends who are jews, christians (catholic, evangelic orthodox), moslems. None of them asked me why I'm not religious. But from time to time they're arguing with each other and I'm just sitting there and shaking my head.
Cash BTC

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 04:16:07 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2015, 01:30:17 AM by Cash BTC

This is a forum. In a forum, definitions might be long, and they might be short. It simply depends on who is presenting the definitions, and why. If we want to get into picky, long-winded definitions, just so that we can argue all kinds of picky things, that's okay. Remember that the more the words, the less the meaning. But sometimes that kind of thing is fun.

Study, Talk.

Do that in that succession and you will save every people's time.

From http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheism?s=t:
atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun
1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.
2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

From http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheist?s=t:
atheist
[ey-thee-ist]

noun
1. a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

I agree with the Oxford dictionary definition stated here.

How about cows? Trees? Grass? Rocks? Probably none of these. Maybe not even elephants and dolphins and whales and chimpanzees that all seem to have rather high intelligences.

But we all DO know who believes or disbelieves in a supreme being, don't we. It's human beings. If the others have the ability to believe or disbelieve, it is a limited ability.

Know what this means? It means that mankind is a supreme being. At least with regard to cows and trees and grass and rocks and elephants and dolphins and whales and chimpanzees, yes, and even fish, even though these listed things don't believe or disbelieve (very much).

I agree.

Come on, atheists. Think. Since atheism is completely false, yet atheists believe in it, atheism is a religion... even a cult.

Religion needs Faith: atheism is a Sin (2nd Commandment).

Smiley

:-|

EDIT: Not trying to suggest that Cash BTC is an atheist here.

You shouldn't.

Oh you are so funny.    Cheesy

But seriously speaking. Anybody who thinks that there is no supreme being, doesn't realize that by thinking this way, he is setting himself up as the supreme being that he is attempting to disavow. The plants and animals don't have the ability to think this way... make determinations about the existence of supreme beings. Certainly inanimate material can't think at all!

Atheists are simply supreme beings trying to believe that they don't exist. Of course, individually, after they die, they don't exist any more. But after death, they can't make any determinations of anything. Thus, they aren't atheists any longer, just as they aren't supreme beings then.

Ateism is a Sin: atheist are sinners that deserve death.
27 Then he said to them, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.’”
28 The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died.
29 Then Moses said, “You have been set apart to the Lord today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day.
- Ex 32, 27:28

Why do atheists hate religion? They hate religion simply because they can't get away from it, no matter if there is a God or not. They simply don't have control in this area. And nobody likes being out of control.

That's not your problem.

Smiley

:-|

===================================================================================================================

I'm an Atheist. I don't hate religions. I just believe in science that's all. But what I realized is that many wars, conflicts happened and still happen because of different religions. This is silly!!
I have friends who are jews, christians (catholic, evangelic orthodox), moslems. None of them asked me why I'm not religious. But from time to time they're arguing with each other and I'm just sitting there and shaking my head.

What's your definition of atheism?

Thank You and best regards.
Shattered

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 07:36:33 PM

@CashBTC you asked Denker: "What's your definition of atheism?"

Can he have his own definition?
I would hope that his definition is the definition since there is only one.

In my experience, religious people are the ones who often have multiple definitions or interpretations.
I do love chatting with religious people tho....hours of entertainment for sure.
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: