Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:41:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450415 times)
Bitfundit

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 02:19:25 AM

http://youtu.be/HTyQ4Q8z-D8

Aussie comedian makes things pretty clear..
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 03:03:42 AM

http://youtu.be/HTyQ4Q8z-D8

Aussie comedian makes things pretty clear..

He's a funny guy. Does he use security guards with guns or is he not famous enough to have them?

Cool

Bitfundit

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 04:16:59 PM

I don't think he's that 'Showbiz'

He says he lives in the UK so it's probably all about knives there! 🔪🔪🔪

Back on topic,

GUNS

GUNS

GUNS!
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 04:42:34 PM

Back on topic,

GUNS

GUNS

GUNS!

AMMO

AMMO

AMMO!

"On topic" has to do with taking aim.

Cheesy

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 04:54:24 PM

Back on topic,

GUNS

GUNS

GUNS!

http://americangunfacts.com/

What I'd like to see is a map of the USA that showed concealed carry vs. mass killings.

Where there is concealed carry, are there or are there not mass killings?

That's about all we need to know to shut the topic of "gun control" down.  The reason is that a concealed carry permit and proximity to the event is all a person needs to shut down a mass killing.

Duh..

But given that reality, the more interesting question is ...

"Does concealed carry PREVENT a crazy from attempting a mass killing?"

Prevention is better than cure.
Bitfundit

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 04:57:42 PM

Guys, now here is an example of poor gun control, just the sort of thing we are looking to avoid!!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/04/00/2843CE2500000578-3066540-Father_of_one_Romario_Dos_Santos_Alves_25_risked_his_life_by_inj-a-52_1430694336480.jpg

South America does have real problems we can see...✌️
coinzat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 05:00:31 PM

In my country it is not allowed to own a gun except if you work in security ,
I think it should be allowed for self defense as maybe the person be in a situation that needs it
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 06:20:30 PM

Guys, now here is an example of poor gun control, just the sort of thing we are looking to avoid!!

South America does have real problems we can see...✌️

PaoloSerBit

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 06:24:19 PM

I´m against it, for ethical and practical reasons. Everyone should have the right to be able to at the very least try to defend himself and it´s not possible without firearms.

https://cryptoins.com/es/ - Un Exchange muy bueno
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 12:19:12 AM

In my country it is not allowed to own a gun except if you work in security ,
I think it should be allowed for self defense as maybe the person be in a situation that needs it

Just curious. When you are stopped from owning a gun (except if you work in security), how do they stop you?

Do they stop you with swords?
Do they stop you with knives?
Do they stop you with clubs?
Baseball bats?
Poison your food?
Are they karate and kung fu experts?
Do they overwhelm you with superior numbers, even though many of them die?
Do they stop you by running you down with a car?
Do they simply stare you down?

Perhaps you and everybody else are so obedient to law that you simply obey their declaration of the law that nobody (except if you work in security) gets to have a gun.

I'd really like to know.

Is it that they are organized and nobody else knows how to organize?

Do they use guns to stop you? If so, why can't you just use guns to stop them?

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 02:06:12 AM

One of my all-time favorites.  Apologies if it's been posted here before.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 02:19:29 AM

I believe for US there's a historical reason to keep a population with guns; the WW 1 telegram where Germany offered support for Mexico to invade the US in an attempt to divert US away of coming to Europe. The fact that most of Americans had guns worked as a "no way, thanks" from the Mexicans.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 01:14:20 PM

BLACK, GAY REPORTER MURDERS STRAIGHT, WHITE JOURNALISTS — MEDIA BLAME THE GUN

On Wednesday, America met a deeply evil human being: Vester Lee Flanagan II, also known as reporter Bryce Williams.

Williams murdered two people while they were live on air on WDBJ in Virginia: reporter Alison Parker, and cameraman Adam Ward. After the murders, he went on the run – and while he was on the run, he tweeted out his rationale for the killings, accusing Parker of making “racist comments” and Ward of going “to hr on me after working with me one time!!!” He then posted video to his Facebook and Twitter pages of himself shooting both at point-blank range.

Williams is black. Parker and Ward were white.

Williams is gay. Parker and Ward were straight.

None of which would be relevant, except that Williams specifically cited his identity as a factor in the killings. In a 23-page rambling letter sent to ABC News, Williams wrote that the Charleston church shooting in June should have provoked a race war: “Why did I do it? I put a deposit for a gun on 6/19/15. The Church shooting in Charleston happened on 6/17/15…What sent me over the top was the church shooting…You want a race war (deleted)? BRING IT THEN YOU WHITE …(deleted)!!!” According to ABC News, he claimed he had “suffered racial discrimination, sexual harassment and bullying at work,” that he had “been attacked by black men and white females,” and that he had been “attacked for being a gay, black man.”

Williams marinated in his self-appointed victimhood status. He filed a lawsuit against his Tallahassee, Florida employer, WTWC – a lawsuit settled out of court. He filed a complaint with the with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission against WDBJ after his firing – a complaint the EEOC dismissed. According to WDBJ station manager Jeff Marks, Williams was “an unhappy man” with a “reputation as someone who had been difficult to work with… looking out for people to say things that he could take offense to.”

Had a white straight man killed a black gay man, released first-person tape of the shooting, and then unleashed a manifesto about being victimized by affirmative action and anti-religious bigotry from homosexuals, the media would never stop covering the story. They’d be eager to report that shooter’s motives with all the attendant politically correct hullaballoo about the racism and homophobia of the United States more broadly. We would hear about white supremacy (reprehensible Black Lives Matter leader Deray McKesson actually jumped the gun, thinking the shooter was white, and tweeted, “Whiteness will explain away nearly anything”).

We would hear excoriations of the Republican presidential candidates for their failures to stand with the Black Lives Matter movement–and their opposition to same-sex marriage. In similar circumstances, the entire political and media establishment determined that the Confederate flag was somehow to blame for Dylan Storm Roof’s brutal slaying of nine people at a historically black church; just last week, the media tried to blame Donald Trump’s anti-immigration stance for two thugs beating up a Hispanic homeless man in Boston.

But Bryce Williams’ self-described victim status, even while murdering innocents, will merit no rethinking of the divisive politics in which he apparently bathed. We won’t have a conversation about whether pushing a perennial picture of victimhood for blacks and gays in the most black-friendly, gay-friendly country on the planet could drive supposed victims to violence. We won’t talk about whether the Democratic Party’s takeover by the Black Lives Matter crew has encouraged some people to believe that only black lives matter, since only black lives are in danger – and even then, only some black lives matter, namely those killed by white people. Instead, we will be assured that Bryce Williams is an outlier by the same people who blamed Sarah Palin for Jared Lee Loughner shooting Gabrielle Giffords.

It is true that statistical outliers should not be used to club entire movements into submission. But leftists protesting at the linkage between Williams and their favored political causes have no ground on which to stand – they consistently blame conservatives for outlier events with no statistical basis. Moreover, Williams’ violence is part of a larger trend, not of black men killing white people (that still happens disproportionately, but the numbers are down), but of black men using supposed American racism as a rationale for violence more generally, and of gay people using supposed American homophobia as a rationale for violation of others’ rights.

Some in the media are actually going beyond delinking Williams from his politics – they’re defending Williams’ perverse worldview, questioning whether evil, racist, homophobic America created him. Columnist WonderWomanist at Gawker wrote, “I can understand him being frustrated with racial discrimination at his job but it was not worth throwing his life over… RIP to the victims even though they may have been racist.”

Kay Steiger at ThinkProgress took Williams’ self-serving narrative at face value: “One part of the document included the phrase ‘Suicide Note for Friends and Family’ and detailed discrimination he experienced as a gay, black man.”

But most of the the media will swivel to gun control, following the lead of the White House and Hillary Clinton, both of whom called for heavier gun control laws – even as both push for the release of criminals from prisons, a crackdown on law enforcement, and a racially divisive narrative of the country pitting black against white, all for political gain.

All of these policies will do nothing to stop Bryce Williamses — in fact, they will make Bryce Williamses more common. Teaching Americans that they aren’t victims would be a great way of battling evil – most victims aren’t evil, but virtually all evil people think they are victims, and thus justify their violence. But teaching Americans that they aren’t victims would undercut the Democratic message that all minorities are victims, and thus require bigger government. And that message, and its attendant political success, must take precedence over the building of a more inclusive, more understanding country.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/26/black-gay-reporter-murders-straight-white-journalists-media-blame-the-gun/

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 02:07:53 PM

...most victims aren’t evil, but virtually all evil people think they are victims, and thus justify their violence.....

Gonna have to ponder that one...
ACAB

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 03:12:43 PM

The world will be better place if there's no guns/wars. My point of view about guns/wars is this. We use natural resources wrong way.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 03:19:41 PM

Gun control need to happen. You can't give  any kind of gun to anyone, there need to be some sort requirements met if you want to buy a gun.
Idealistically it will be good idea that before receiving gun you had to complete some sort of course where you will learn how to handle it.

tl;dr Don't give guns to anyone
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 03:32:09 PM

Gun control need to happen. You can't give  any kind of gun to anyone, there need to be some sort requirements met if you want to buy a gun.
Idealistically it will be good idea that before receiving gun you had to complete some sort of course where you will learn how to handle it.

tl;dr Don't give guns to anyone

In my community guns are basically the equivalent of a crescent wrench.  Most people learn to handle them from family.  Often they are given as gifts, or loaned around if someone needs a particular variety that they don't own for some specific task.  This seems to work well here.  There are very few problems with guns themselves, and confrontational crime is very rare except in criminal enclaves.  Suicides do happen with guns sometimes of course, but there is little doubt in my mind that someone intent on suicide will fairly easily find alternates if a gun would have been their first choice.

In short, a lot of the restrictions which are being talked about would be somewhat onerous on us.  But it's also nothing we cannot deal with.  Probably by mostly ignoring the nonsense.  Fortunately our local law enforcement shares the sentiment of the community since they are a part of it.  So, all this bureaucratic red-tape and associated bullshit is a 'first world problems' so to speak.  Knock yourselves out.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 03:53:02 PM

...most victims aren’t evil, but virtually all evil people think they are victims, and thus justify their violence.....

Gonna have to ponder that one...

freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 09:19:15 PM

The world will be better place if there's no guns/wars. My point of view about guns/wars is this. We use natural resources wrong way.

I would agree with you on both points.  Our allocation of resources is terrible; I don't think there's any questioning that.

So the issue with guns/war is that they already exist and are in the hands of millions of people.  Most of those people are responsible folks not looking to use guns offensively towards another person.  Some use it for defense, sport, hunting, protection from wild animals, etc.  The issue is the small % of mentally ill or violent people.  I would assume that most of them would acquire guns illegally from the black market, to the point that they bypass any safety training or testing that the rest have to go through.

If there is any possibility of acquiring a gun illegally, then the entire gun control conversation doesn't address the issue.  Right now I'd say it can be acquired without too much difficulty, and all you need is cash.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 02:09:54 PM

I would agree with you on both points.  Our allocation of resources is terrible; I don't think there's any questioning that.

So the issue with guns/war is that they already exist and are in the hands of millions of people.  Most of those people are responsible folks not looking to use guns offensively towards another person.  Some use it for defense, sport, hunting, protection from wild animals, etc.  The issue is the small % of mentally ill or violent people.  I would assume that most of them would acquire guns illegally from the black market, to the point that they bypass any safety training or testing that the rest have to go through.

If there is any possibility of acquiring a gun illegally, then the entire gun control conversation doesn't address the issue.  Right now I'd say it can be acquired without too much difficulty, and all you need is cash.

Our allocation of resources is not terrible. It is the law of Evolution. Those wanting to put more chances to have their genes move along generations went near places with resources. Salt. Most big european cities started near a salt mine. We all know this is how the roman empire was paying his soldiers. We still use that word today, with the same latin root: salary.

That is why humans move around: more resources, a better place away from wars or be killed. Never the opposite (unless isis)

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: