Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:18:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450415 times)
Oggy1987

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 08:02:32 PM

I thought about it and didnt get a clear answer.
I think it's "every" mans right to own a gun. With "" I mean you should have some control over it, strictly monitor people owning it, so no criminal or mentally ill person can get it easily. You should be able to defend yourself, either from other people, animals if you live in wilderness, or even government if it comes to that. On the other hand guns make killing too easy, its easier to shoot someone from distance then lets say stab him. Its proven that with gun you dont have that same feeling, for knife you need more balls, anger or craziness.
kwuccduck

Activity: 138

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 09:46:42 PM

Weapons at home can never be kept. I was not the first time I've noticed that if you have a gun, it is necessary when the shoot, and the consequences as a result will be disastrous.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 09:50:39 PM

I think it's "every" mans right to own a gun. With "" I mean you should have some control over it, strictly monitor people owning it, so no criminal or mentally ill person can get it easily. You should be able to defend yourself, either from other people, animals if you live in wilderness, or even government if it comes to that. On the other hand guns make killing too easy, its easier to shoot someone from distance then lets say stab him. Its proven that with gun you dont have that same feeling, for knife you need more balls, anger or craziness.

I believe a test must be made

Banish guns in one of the states, and compare the results with other states

If the banishment gives positive results, apply nationwide

If not, abort mission

Looking for a signature campaign.
kreskko

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 11:00:03 PM

To arms sweeps need not as a means of killing, as well as a method of self-defense. Then the general attitude change in principle.
bikbik2

Activity: 194

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 11:32:48 PM

Many are afraid of the spread of weapons for different reasons. Some people are afraid to start a massive complication, and there are many murders and other is most likely our government. Afraid not to complicate it against them. But I can tell you that it is not so easy to shoot a man. It is very difficult mentally.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 01:30:23 AM

I believe a test must be made

Banish guns in one of the states, and compare the results with other states

If the banishment gives positive results, apply nationwide

If not, abort mission

They did the opposite in a small city in Georgia, I believe it was. And the results were that crime all but disappeared.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 01:38:26 AM

Gun control is feasible if guns manufacturers brings out a technology that's makes gun be fired only after a fingerprint scan, with that most shootings in schools will be averted and culprits will be apprehended easily.

LOL... If they introduce some new security feature such as the one you just posted, then the hackers will be able to crack it in a matter of days, if not hours. With tens of millions of illegal guns floating around, I don't really think that this is a very viable option. In the end, some innocent guy will be prosecuted for the crime which he had no connection.

Ghost Gunner 2

Ghost Gunner 2

An open source hardware project

Ghost Gunner is a general purpose CNC mill, built upon a large body of open source work, the grbl g-code parser and motion controller, and popular microcontrollers.

What kind of 80% receiver do I need?
As shipped, Ghost Gunner can machine any mil-spec lower receiver with pre-milled rear take down well. We recommend the lower receivers we sell here.  We cannot currently recommend anodized lowers.

How much does the Ghost Gunner cost?
The total cost of the machine, including the deposit, is $1500.

What end mills does Ghost Gunner use?
Ghost Gunner uses industry standard ER-11 collets, and ships with both 1/4" and 5/32" collets. Changing end mills is a simple process and full instructions are included.

How is the work piece held on the table?
Injection-molded jigs are used to hold the part in place as each milling step is performed. For example, milling an 80% AR-15 lower receiver requires 2 jig pieces to secure the lower in place while the trigger pocket is milled, and then two more jig pieces are installed to drill the trigger pin holes. As most 80% firearms require deep pocket milling, Ghost Gunner's mounting table is parallel to the end mill shaft. This orientation maximizes fixture strength, minimizes complexity, and mechanically aligns the part to the machine upon insertion into the MakerSlide-patterned, open source T-slot stainless rails.

Read more at https://ghostgunner.net/.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Shady

Activity: 294

Life is a game, you either play it or get played.

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 01:50:07 AM

I believe guns should be managed by secrecy rather than regulation. I don't know why people are wanting less guns, when danger comes it'll surely save anybody's life.

Nobody shoots with racism anymore so there's really a solution to making it open again.

Mirconome

Activity: 171

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 06:56:24 AM

I believe guns should be managed by secrecy rather than regulation. I don't know why people are wanting less guns, when danger comes it'll surely save anybody's life.

Nobody shoots with racism anymore so there's really a solution to making it open again.
I agree that the reduction of weapons will do less number of murders. Problem is is that deliberate murder or other crimes rarely committed with registered weapons. So this is not a problem which they say all.
C10H15N

Activity: 881
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 01:55:57 AM

My latest purchase.  Grin

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 06:47:59 AM

Gun control is feasible if guns manufacturers brings out a technology that's makes gun be fired only after a fingerprint scan, with that most shootings in schools will be averted and culprits will be apprehended easily.

The best gun control policy is not to ban the purchase of guns but to regulate it and make policies towards responsible gun handling. The government all around the world must consider to require the civilians to undergo some training and some psychological examinations before they will be able to given a license to purchase and use guns. The problem with people holding guns is that they lack psychological test to determine if they have the tendency to kill people when their temper gets wild.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 10:36:14 AM

Over here in Texas, all you need is a federal background check and you can buy a gun.  My dad owned some, I've fired them before.  I have perhaps twice in my entire lifetime heard gunfire outside of the firing range, and I don't live in a very wealthy part of the state either; I have no idea what the context of the shots were.  Most people I know own guns, and use them solely for home defense.  Some conceal carry, that requires an extra permit.  My little brother and sister were once held at gunpoint while an obese black man robbed them of their game consoles and games; IIRC the gun wasn't even loaded, and it was performed by a nearby neighbor, so...dead simple to file charges, but paradoxically not so easy to get one's things back.  I don't think they ever got their stuff back.  Naturally the people too incompetent to do that job, are the same ones expected to regulate our guns.  But that was back when we had no guns, and I doubt a couple of kids would be brave enough to use one (though I've seen some who are.)

True gun control--to completely bar guns from the nation, like China does--seems entirely unnecessary, expensive, not to mention a disarmed population can hardly defend itself against political pressure: just look how the Chinese are treated by their government, it ain't fun.  The gun is a very inexpensive way of gaining a whole lot of power over the decisions of life or death; I believe most people aren't criminals, at least not the kind who will kill, and I think those people who don't feel confident with guns will neglect to purchase them; plenty of other things in this world you could put 500$+ towards.  Those who do buy the guns are, more often than not, going to be normal people with no ill intent, who may think guns are cool, and who would certainly rather have one in the event of a criminal act against them than without; some try to claim that the police will suffice but the police aren't going to be able to make split-second decisions while it takes them 15 minutes or more to arrive at your location.

There is a sense of powerlessness when you are without a gun, where you play the odds that, more than likely, your day is going to be just fine, and there will be no incidents at all--this is by far the most common situation for most--but there's always the possibility that things will go wrong, and maybe not against you, but against someone around you, and you'll wish you could do something to stop it from happening but you can't; it doesn't have to be that way, however.

More importantly, however, is the general perception by criminals of the area they are in.  When the to-be criminal knows they will most likely be outnumbered in firepower--or even just run the risk of being shot as an unarmed individual--they will tend to turn away from such activity: everyone considers whether or not a certain action is worth the risk, whether the odds of you getting away with something are in your favor, whether the negative impact of the behavior is outweighed by the gain.  If you know you'll get a gun pointed at you by pulling a knife or gun on a clerk at the corner store, you're probably not going to try it; even the average criminal has a sense of value over his own life.  As the saying goes, an armed society is a polite society.

The major issues I see with gun control:
A. There's always someone who thinks there's not enough gun control
B. There's never fewer regulations
C. Who gets to say who gets the guns

Once there are increased controls on the sale of guns--on top of the controls already in place, don't let anyone tell you Americans have no gun control--there will inevitably be more.  Compromise always shifts us left.  Further, I don't trust the government to always be partial on who should have guns and who shouldn't; it wasn't that long ago the IRS was found to be targeting people of very particular ideological standing points.  Who's to say those who oversee the distribution of gun sales will not bar people on similar grounds?  Consider this line of thought: "Liberals/Conservatives are crazy, therefor unfit to have a gun; liberalism/conservatism is a mental disease."  Surely you see this all the time, depending on where you regularly frequent on the internet.  It's a dangerous game, as is every other time we've given up a little bit of our own governing power to the state; we always think they'll do the better job and then complain when they perform far worse.  But surely this time...

You know, I wonder if feudalism would've happened had the peasants had swords.

Flamma

Activity: 117

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 12:27:46 PM

I don't actually know the current gun control law in our country but I heard that those are a bit crazy though the gun related crimes are not even that high. I'm not into the whole owning gun a thing. I believe that guns should only be allowed to be owned by authorities, I mean police etc. But of course other countries maybe different. I couldn't blame them especially that their crime rate is a bit more severe. 
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 01:01:04 PM

I don't actually know the current gun control law in our country but I heard that those are a bit crazy though the gun related crimes are not even that high. I'm not into the whole owning gun a thing. I believe that guns should only be allowed to be owned by authorities, I mean police etc. But of course other countries maybe different. I couldn't blame them especially that their crime rate is a bit more severe. 
In my country, the authorities will give guns to the criminals. because criminal have fixed shares for police and other government machinery. I don't think in my country guns can be controlled. unless a good and responsive Government take the charge.
21kevin21

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 01:55:00 PM

When you are robbing the cops will not help you. I believe that every person has the right to protect your life and health own weapons. Those who do not want to let hopes for the police.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 05:00:05 PM

I strongly disagree with the idea citizens to have weapons to their homes under the rationale that will protect themselves and their families. Unfortunately it has proved that this is not true when people with psychological problems or teenagers bloodshed workplaces and schools. The weapons must be held only by professionals (police officers, port authorities and military troops) but also when they demobilize should not be allowed by law to have guns at their homes. If states want to protect their citizens must impose very strict laws for criminals and no let the victims to take the law in their hands.
Cherry Girl

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 05:07:20 PM

I strongly disagree with the idea citizens to have weapons to their homes under the rationale that will protect themselves and their families. Unfortunately it has proved that this is not true when people with psychological problems or teenagers bloodshed workplaces and schools. The weapons must be held only by professionals (police officers, port authorities and military troops) but also when they demobilize should not be allowed by law to have guns at their homes. If states want to protect their citizens must impose very strict laws for criminals and no let the victims to take the law in their hands.
I don't like when people say these statements not knowing the official statistics. Kill with illegal weapons. The legal weapons used only for self-defense. Look at the statistics of legal weapons and then will discuss this topic.
transabox

Activity: 177

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 07:51:57 PM

I don't like when people say these statements not knowing the official statistics. Kill with illegal weapons. The legal weapons used only for self-defense. Look at the statistics of legal weapons and then will discuss this topic.

I am convinced that the killer or maniac will not kill pristoleta with which you registered. But, if you allow people to buy weapons for self-defense, the crime rate will decrease.
Dem-artini

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:02:34 PM

I am convinced that the killer or maniac will not kill pristoleta with which you registered. But, if you allow people to buy weapons for self-defense, the crime rate will decrease.
I agree with you. There is a large experience in the application of such a law. All the Baltic republics, Moldova. Legal weapons is not dangerous. The more democratic the state the more liberal law on weapons.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:03:41 PM

Exactly why the USA has the lowest crime rate in the world.

Just read this forum. Free weapons for all?
How the fuck can you give people who belive in reptile aliens and moon nazis weapons??

But well the US deserves every single mass shootings they had and will have.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: