Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:18:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450409 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:47:38 AM

Meanwhile in the third-world country of Australia (complain to Barack "no advanced developed country on earth" Obama about his characterization, not me), "gun control" worked, to ensure all manner of criminals are the only ones armed & send "gun violence" "out-of-control" this decade...

New plan unveiled to tackle out-of-control gun violence

COMBATING gun crime in NSW remains the top priority of the state's police force, senior officers announced on Wednesday.

In the past 12 months, more than 9000 guns have been taken off NSW streets and 3352 people have been charged as part of ongoing investigations by Strike Force Raptor and Operations Apollo and Spartan.

Unveiling a new plan to tackle out-of-control gun violence in Sydney on Wednesday, NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione said all three strike forces had been brought together to form Operation Talon.

"There is no single source of gun crime violence...guns have fallen into the hands of organised crime, outlaw motorcycle gangs, mid-level crime groups and petty thieves and the lines are often blurred," Mr Scipione said

"That's why it is so important to focus on all these aspects in a unified way...pulling our resources together under the one banner we have that opportunity."

Poor government. All these little people with guns. Such unfair competition. Poor little government.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:49:59 AM

Seven-Year-Old Little Girl Shows Gersh Kuntzman How To Shoot AR-15

Published on Jun 16, 2016

Gersh Kuntzman of the New York Daily News wrote:

"What is it like to fire an AR-15? It’s horrifying, menacing and very, very loud. It felt to me like a bazooka — and sounded like a cannon. ... I’ve shot pistols before, but never something like an AR-15. Squeeze lightly on the trigger and the resulting explosion of firepower is humbling and deafening (even with ear protection). The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable." - An adult man

"That was pretty good!" - Seven-year-old little girl Smiley

One of the lucky kids. Waking up to the reality of self-protection at an early age.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 08:51:48 AM

Ermagersh meh gershbombs hert meh kuntz, man!

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:31:09 AM

Gun control is just preventing some people to kill someone who do bad things to others. For me gun control can prevent few people.die because if they always check  or they always do.checkpoint they can prevent some hiring for kill group they can prevent killing people. And the small brother here in my country killed accidentally his brother because he think this gun is toy gun. So for me if they ban gun many people will not die.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 11:37:59 AM

From my experience,  not to bash on Americans but 99% of them should not be allowed firearms.  They all like to think they are experts in everything to do with guns but from what I've seen their gun safety is horrific,  if they must insist on carrying guns around and at home then at least keep them safely away from children and other unauthorised people.  They should learn to actually use them properly which extends to more than just pointing out in the right direction. 

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:53:46 PM

From my experience,  not to bash on Americans but 99% of them should not be allowed firearms.  They all like to think they are experts in everything to do with guns but from what I've seen their gun safety is horrific,  if they must insist on carrying guns around and at home then at least keep them safely away from children and other unauthorised people.  They should learn to actually use them properly which extends to more than just pointing out in the right direction. 

Most Americans would probably say the same thing about citizens vs. motorized vehicles in many foreign countries.  For the most part it would be out of ignorance (associated with aspects of the second hand nature of information sources) and the lack of ability to think in a nuanced manner.

I live in one of the most heavily armed areas in the country and I rarely see examples of irresponsible use or hear reports of problems.  I hear neighbors shooting often but it doesn't bother me any more than when a vehicle goes by on the road.  One incident that made the news recently was where a homeowner held three home invaders at gunpoint and made them call the police to self-report the crime.  I would not call that irresponsible but rather just sort of funny.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 03:29:34 PM

Most Americans would probably say the same thing about citizens vs. motorized vehicles in many foreign countries.  For the most part it would be out of ignorance (associated with aspects of the second hand nature of information sources) and the lack of ability to think in a nuanced manner.

I live in one of the most heavily armed areas in the country and I rarely see examples of irresponsible use or hear reports of problems.  I hear neighbors shooting often but it doesn't bother me any more than when a vehicle goes by on the road.  One incident that made the news recently was where a homeowner held three home invaders at gunpoint and made them call the police to self-report the crime.  I would not call that irresponsible but rather just sort of funny.

Indeed,  i wont start on Americans driving because that's a whole different thread going to be needed for that,  my 99 percent of americans is obviously not an exact call on how many americans are overly lax with their gun safety but im sure you know what I'm saying.  There needs to be some sort of rules and safety when it comes to guns.  For example i don't know how many times i hear Americans on forums saying how. 22lr is just a toy,  how many nevwr bother to check if clear when doing anything with the gun. It doesn't come as much of a surprise when you hear of a 5 year old shooting their dad/mum/brother.  But again america has so many guns its too late to put any serious legislation but come on,  mentally  ill people,  criminals amd suspected terror suspects,  you guys just hand them out to them.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 10:20:55 PM

UBER Driver With Concealed Carry prevented a mass shooting in Chicago

Here's the Chicago Tribune, citing Assistant State's Attorney Barry Quinn:

A group of people had been walking in front of the driver around 11:50 p.m. in the 2900 block of North Milwaukee Avenue when Everardo Custodio, 22, began firing into the crowd, Quinn said.
The driver pulled out a handgun and fired six shots at Custodio, hitting him several times, according to court records. Responding officers found Custodio lying on the ground, bleeding, Quinn said. No other injuries were reported.

The driver had a concealed-carry permit and acted in the defense of himself and others, Assistant State's Attorney Barry Quinn said in court Sunday.

Chicago was home to some of the most draconian gun laws in the US until a 2010 Supreme Court ruling, McDonald v. Chicago, found Chicago's gun-regulation regime unconstitutional.

Read more at http://wearechange.org/uber-driver-concealed-carry-prevented-mass-shooting-chicago/.

Cool

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 10:57:35 PM

For example i don't know how many times i hear Americans on forums saying how. 22lr is just a toy,  how many nevwr bother to check if clear when doing anything with the gun...

I've never heard Americans say 22lr is just a toy.

I've heard them seriously talk about shooting deer with a 22.

Bunches of times.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 11:07:06 PM

For example i don't know how many times i hear Americans on forums saying how. 22lr is just a toy,  how many nevwr bother to check if clear when doing anything with the gun...

I've never heard Americans say 22lr is just a toy.

I've heard them seriously talk about shooting deer with a 22.

Bunches of times.

22LR can inflict some serious damage.  It is a preferred round for Mossad, used in special operations.

Not sure about the deer though.  Unless you don't mind looking for it all day  Wink
I guess if you are up close and place your shot, it might be ok.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 06:30:02 AM

Indeed,  i wont start on Americans driving because that's a whole different thread going to be needed for that,  my 99 percent of americans is obviously not an exact call on how many americans are overly lax with their gun safety but im sure you know what I'm saying.  There needs to be some sort of rules and safety when it comes to guns.  For example i don't know how many times i hear Americans on forums saying how. 22lr is just a toy,  how many nevwr bother to check if clear when doing anything with the gun. It doesn't come as much of a surprise when you hear of a 5 year old shooting their dad/mum/brother.  But again america has so many guns its too late to put any serious legislation but come on,  mentally  ill people,  criminals amd suspected terror suspects,  you guys just hand them out to them.

All I can say is that I have had to go through a background check for every gun I have ever purchased.  A huge number of people are, as best I can tell, not able to pass a background check for one reason or another.  If there even is a 'gun show loophole' or whatever I am dubious that it is a big problem.  As usual, reliable facts and figures on most of this stuff are not easy to come by.

I got a 22lr when I was 12 or so as a gift from my grandfather.  With minimal supervision I developed quite good safety practices.  The instruction I got was primarily of the form 'use the safety', 'never have a round chambered except right before firing', 'shoot in a safe direction', etc.  While a 22lr is probably closer to a pellet gun than it is to my elk rifle, it becomes quickly obvious that it can be a highly devastating thing to get shot with.  I've never had anything close to a close call and I've never shot in a direction that I regretted or later realized was unsafe.

Automobiles are, in my opinion, a much bigger threat guns.  A slight flick of the wrist on the part of the multiple people in the oncoming lane who I pass every time I go out will release vastly more energy against me than any firearm can muster.  I don't have any doubt that I am in much bigger danger from people with some combination of an automobile and an SMS capable cell phone than I am from my neighbors with whatever firearms they have kicking around.  Mix in the pharma products that in increasing use and which seem to be turning people into zombies with drivers licenses and the math becomes even more problematic.

I'll say again that all of my armed neighbors are the opposite of a danger to me in real life.  We all look out for one another and all but the most desperate and drugged out criminals know it and stay clear.  We happen to have what I believe to be relatively good law enforcement in the sheriff's department but they are highly under-staffed (I computed about 1 on-duty officer per 1000 square miles) and they are usually an hour away at best so we in our little community have no realistic option but to look out for ourselves.  I think that most of us like it that way.  I know I do.  It's an economical solution to an otherwise thorny problem.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
btlrlx29

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 06:56:05 AM

No doubt, gun control is a necessary thing.

In my country, to get a weapon license, you have to provide a whole bunch of documents, including hunting license, medical sertificate, etc., and also pass a specific exam.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 07:55:57 AM

In my country, to get a weapon license, you have to provide a whole bunch of documents, including hunting license, medical sertificate, etc., and also pass a specific exam.

And then you get murdered, raped, and/or maimed with impunity, if you don't do what's necessary.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 08:40:40 AM

And then you get murdered, raped, and/or maimed with impunity, if you don't do what's necessary.

I don't know how you can argue that no gun control is better than having some legislation.  Why do you think it is America has so many mass shootings?  Its because someone who shouldn't have gotten hold of a firearm has Becauae the laws are too lax.  No one is arguing the case that citizens with legitimate reasons to have one should not.  All that's being said is that legislation is needed to stop the wrong people from getting them.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 11:28:17 AM

I don't know how you can argue that no gun control is better than having some legislation.  Why do you think it is America has so many mass shootings?  Its because someone who shouldn't have gotten hold of a firearm has Becauae the laws are too lax.  No one is arguing the case that citizens with legitimate reasons to have one should not.  All that's being said is that legislation is needed to stop the wrong people from getting them.

Is there anything that you don't want legislated away?

Most of the American mass shootings are false flag events, some of them not even happening at all except like they do in the movies.

I don't want to die. I don't even want to think of it. I want to believe that I will go on living. But I need to face facts. I am going to die sometime, except if Jesus returns in my lifetime. Forget the crazy gun laws that don't give me a chance to live if I happen to be in a mass shooting situation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1093806.msg15298710#msg15298710.

Nobody has the ability to determine who the wrong people are. Maybe the wrong people are the ones attempting to make the determinations.

Cool

helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 11:44:53 AM

I don't know how you can argue that no gun control is better than having some legislation.  Why do you think it is America has so many mass shootings?  Its because someone who shouldn't have gotten hold of a firearm has Becauae the laws are too lax.  No one is arguing the case that citizens with legitimate reasons to have one should not.  All that's being said is that legislation is needed to stop the wrong people from getting them.

Most of the American mass shootings are false flag events, some of them not even happening at all except like they do in the movies.

I don't want to die. I don't even want to think of it. I want to believe that I will go on living. But I need to face facts. I am going to die sometime, except if Jesus returns in my lifetime. Forget the crazy gun laws that don't give me a chance to live if I happen to be in a mass shooting situation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1093806.msg15298710#msg15298710.

Nobody has the ability to determine who the wrong people are. Maybe the wrong people are the ones attempting to make the determinations.

Cool

America already had legislation for everything except the things that actually need some form of legislation.

Why do you even need guns if you have jesus on your side?  And what do you think he would say about your gun hoe attitude?  I'm not sure what you mean about the mass shootings being false flag events either,  i think you may need to remove your tinfoil Hat.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 11:59:12 AM

Cool

America already had legislation for everything except the things that actually need some form of legislation.

Why do you even need guns if you have jesus on your side?  And what do you think he would say about your gun hoe attitude?  I'm not sure what you mean about the mass shootings being false flag events either,  i think you may need to remove your tinfoil Hat.

American basic legislation means no legislation except if someone harms another, and then the legislation is to let the punishment fit the crime. all the rest of the legislation is by agreement.

Why do you even need air to breathe, or water to drink, or food to eat, if Jesus is on your side?

King David in the Old Testament was testified about twice, as being a man after God's own heart. Even though they didn't have guns back then, David was one of the most bloodthirsty Israelite kings ever. Even though he was a favorite of God's, God wouldn't let him build the temple at Jerusalem because of the blood on his hands.

You were looking in a mirror when you saw the tin foil hat.

Cool

helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 12:34:17 PM

Cool

American basic legislation means no legislation except if someone harms another, and then the legislation is to let the punishment fit the crime. all the rest of the legislation is by agreement.

Why do you even need air to breathe, or water to drink, or food to eat, if Jesus is on your side?

King David in the Old Testament was testified about twice, as being a man after God's own heart. Even though they didn't have guns back then, David was one of the most bloodthirsty Israelite kings ever. Even though he was a favorite of God's, God wouldn't let him build the temple at Jerusalem because of the blood on his hands.

Cool

Your god sounds like a bloodthirsty one,  let's hope your wrong about him.

Why would i remove my tinfoil hat?  I'm not the one making outlandish claims that all the mass shootings in america are committed under some sort of conspiracy theory,  about what i don't know, I'm sure you can fill me in.

Point being if you can help prevent things like mass shootings then why not? A simple step is disallowing dangerous people access to firearms. Simple.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 01:08:34 PM

Cool

Cool

Your god sounds like a bloodthirsty one,  let's hope your wrong about him.
I'm not wrong. You simply misunderstand.

God wants peace. Some of mankind want violence. God, being Who He is, controls everything in much freedom allowance for man. Because of this, He uses violence at times to put the violence of man down.

Essentially, although it doesn't seem violent, the worst violence of mankind is to reject Jesus salvation. Why? Because man dies here in this life. And, man dies the eternal death which is way more violent than any itty bitty gun violence, if man doesn't have Jesus salvation.

God is attempting to save the most people possible through the violence He condones and enacts. He is the only One wise enough to understand how to allow freedom and yet limit the violence... even if He has to limit the violence by enacting violence of His own.

Why would i remove my tinfoil hat? 
Lots of people don't remove their tin foil hat. You would have to answer this question for yourself.

I'm not the one making outlandish claims that all the mass shootings in america are committed under some sort of conspiracy theory,  about what i don't know, I'm sure you can fill me in.
Actually, since you think that somebody is claiming that all the mass shootings in America are committed under some false flag, it would barely be possible to show you that many of them are.

Point being if you can help prevent things like mass shootings then why not? A simple step is disallowing dangerous people access to firearms. Simple.

Almost nobody wants to die. Yet it seems that everybody does die. I mean, there aren't any people running around loose claiming and proving themselves to be 200 years old or older. Mass shootings simply make the time of living a little shorter for some people.

To keep from dying eternally, find Jesus salvation. Do this by accepting what you read in the Bible. Then spread what you find out in the Bible so that people stop the mass shootings because they are saved and want to obey their loving master, Jesus.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 01:34:52 PM

... Then spread what you find out in the Bible so that people stop the mass shootings because they are saved and want to obey their loving master, Jesus.

Cool

I try to do this everyday.  Unfortunately your Bible is commanding people to kill gays: Leviticus 20-13.

And other shit:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1367154.0

God (aka Jesus) wrote the old testament according to you. Not the 40+ people over the course of few generations.

Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: