Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:28:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450409 times)
yugo23

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:15:16 PM

Bullets kill but saying the riffle that shot it isn't relevant is as dumb as saying that who fires it is irrelevant.
Sure, okay then.  Go ahead and argue against those "Scary looking rifles" and look like a total dumb ass.  Be my guest.  While you are at it, argue against "Scary knives" and be sure to say that "butcher knives are okay."  Hell, extend it to "scary people." 
Could you stop being an asshole and admit some guns, lots of them, are uselessly powerful and dangerous?

What's the point of owning an automatic rifle? Do you really need it?

Ans yes "scary knives". Military knives meant to kill are not allowed in Europe for the simple reason that they were invented and designed to kill people! Hence normal citizens shouldn't have to use them!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:35:02 PM

Bullets kill but saying the riffle that shot it isn't relevant is as dumb as saying that who fires it is irrelevant.
Sure, okay then.  Go ahead and argue against those "Scary looking rifles" and look like a total dumb ass.  Be my guest.  While you are at it, argue against "Scary knives" and be sure to say that "butcher knives are okay."  Hell, extend it to "scary people." 
Could you stop being an asshole and admit some guns, lots of them, are uselessly powerful and dangerous?

Ans yes "scary knives". Military knives meant to kill are not allowed in Europe for the simple reason that they were invented and designed to kill people! Hence normal citizens shouldn't have to use them!
Automatic rifle?  Do you mean a machine gun, or are you referring to a rifle which uses part of the gas pressure to eject the shell and load the next shell?

After you are through figuring that out, let me know what "uselessly powerful and dangerous" means.  You want to go after a wild boar with a 22LR, I would sincerely like to watch.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:40:45 PM

What type of weapons did the pictures i posted  show and why are or should they be legal?

Why the heck should normal citiziens run around with (half) automatic assault rifles ( thats the correct translation i believe)?

They are designed to kill as much people as possible in the shortest timeframe.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:43:17 PM

Sure, okay then.  Go ahead and argue against those "Scary looking rifles" and look like a total dumb ass.  Be my guest.  While you are at it, argue against "Scary knives" and be sure to say that "butcher knives are okay."  Hell, extend it to "scary people."  

What's the point of owning a 4 bedroom house when there are only the two of you with no plans to have a family? Some families in Africa or Mexico still live in one room, and do it very well.

What's the point of owning 4 or 5 mansions when you can only live in one at a time?

What's the point of owning 10 cars. You can really only drive one at a time.

What's the point of owning closets full of clothes, 99% of which you will never wear? And think of all those shoes on their shoe racks?

What's the point of not owning many cars when you love cars?

What's the point of not owning lands and houses and closets full of clothes and shoes, when you love to have all these things around, even if you will never use them even once?

Get off it!

The point of guns is freedom. The point of gun control is to take your freedom away.

What if the gun freaks decided to get together and make it a law that everyone had to own 10 guns? But they don't, do they! They let you have your freedom to not own guns if you don't want to.

You better let the gun owners have their freedom. Why? Because if you push them too hard, they will push gun ownership requirements through Congress. Then you will be required to own guns.

And you better own guns. Why? Because it is the guys with the guns who have the ability to enforce it on you.

How will they enforce it on you? Why, with their guns, of course.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 05:48:26 PM

In one of the Asian countries province, 25 guns have been allowed legally but more than that is getting circulated in the province. This is how gun control is going on in several countries.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 10:23:38 PM

Gun ban is only fake safety. Criminals and terrorist always get guns. Do you think terror attacks do not happen outside of the US because of gun regulation?  Huh

bonski

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 10:32:08 PM

Gun ban is only fake safety. Criminals and terrorist always get guns. Do you think terror attacks do not happen outside of the US because of gun regulation?  Huh

Gun ban is just for a short term but gun control is a must for each country but no government can easily fight this problem because there are measurements on it. Criminals and terrorist won't even follow gun control rules they have own regulations when they're holding their guns
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 12:19:00 AM

What type of weapons did the pictures i posted  show and why are or should they be legal?

Why the heck should normal citiziens run around with (half) automatic assault rifles ( thats the correct translation i believe)?

You have propaganda on the brain but thankfully ask questions that will reveal the logical errors which are always in propaganda.

The word is "semi-automatic."  Regarding the bolded, that is inaccurate.  Let me please explain something.

For the past 100 years or longer, yesterday's military weapon becomes today's hunting or personal protection weapon.

I believe most people would agree, AR15 variations are the most popular in the world for hunting, personal protection and so forth.  AK47 I don't know of it's use for hunting, but it could be in the West we don't hear of that, we only see it's use by "enemies."

Please learn about these things before voicing strong opinion as to what is "right."

Also note many things are illegal for average citizen - silencers, rifle barrels shorter than 14", machine gun, etc. etc.  In the USA some states have tried banning magazines with capacity higher than 10 rounds.  Those efforts I believe, everyone agrees have been failures.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 12:35:11 AM

What type of weapons did the pictures i posted  show and why are or should they be legal?

You have propaganda on the brain but thankfully ask questions that will reveal the logical errors which are always in propaganda.

The word is "semi-automatic."  Regarding the bolded, that is inaccurate.  Let me please explain something.

For the past 100 years or longer, yesterday's military weapon becomes today's hunting or personal protection weapon.

I believe most people would agree, AR15 variations are the most popular in the world for hunting, personal protection and so forth.  AK47 I don't know of it's use for hunting, but it could be in the West we don't hear of that, we only see it's use by "enemies."

Please learn about these things before voicing strong opinion as to what is "right."

Also note many things are illegal for average citizen - silencers, rifle barrels shorter than 14", machine gun, etc. etc.  In the USA some states have tried banning magazines with capacity higher than 10 rounds.  Those efforts I believe, everyone agrees have been failures.

Not sure about AR15, but I took M14 hunting a couple of times, and I can tell you, semis are not optimal for hunting.  You have to walk loaded because the action is just too loud to load when you need it.  I find bolt action nice and quiet.  More accurate.  You just need one shot when hunting anyway.  After you take your shot, you run to (or after) the game.
With semi you always have to check if your safety is on, so that some twig does not unlock it, especially when you go over dense bush with other people near by. Bolt is the "go to" gun for hunting, at least for me.  

But for protecting your property, AR15 (or Mini14) is probably the best, 16" barrel, trijcon etc.  For inside the house, German Shepherd and .45ACP is a good solution for most issues.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 01:00:20 PM

Not sure about AR15, but I took M14 hunting a couple of times, and I can tell you, semis are not optimal for hunting.  You have to walk loaded because the action is just too loud to load when you need it.  I find bolt action nice and quiet.  More accurate.  You just need one shot when hunting anyway.  After you take your shot, you run to (or after) the game.
With semi you always have to check if your safety is on, so that some twig does not unlock it, especially when you go over dense bush with other people near by. Bolt is the "go to" gun for hunting, at least for me.  

But for protecting your property, AR15 (or Mini14) is probably the best, 16" barrel, trijcon etc.  For inside the house, German Shepherd and .45ACP is a good solution for most issues.

Nothing to disagree with in that, but it remains the AR15 family is the most popular.  Quite likely it's due to the platform versatility and interchangeable components.  I am okay with the home defense concern with a little 22LR, but that includes being ready to use it as a club if needed....

Posters who keep harping on the "scary black rifle" do not even comprehend that rate of fire from bolt action can be quite comparable to semi automatic.  Further the US Military designed the M16(military version of AR15) to do three shot bursts, not "full auto" specifically because of the ineffectiveness of full auto "spray and pray."  Which proves that "maximum killing power" is not a function of full auto.

And it has little to do with semi-auto.  It's not that you can't have a 30 round magazine on a bolt action hunting rifle.  Further if there is any practical difference between a 357 magnum revolver and a 45 ACP I really can't see it.  

Maybe these guys would be happy if all the Scary Black Rifles were outlawed, and rifles could only be owned if they were Pink?
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 01:50:31 PM

... Further if there is any practical difference between a 357 magnum revolver and a 45 ACP I really can't see it.  

I had 357 magnum S&W revolver and it was fun, but the long barrel and the kick was not something I'd recommend.

My wife could not shoot 357 with one hand.  .45ACP, .40 or even 9mm are much better for other people in your family to learn and become proficient shooters.   9mm hollow points in 147gr would leave a nasty wound, and would kill as well as .45ACP.

But 357 has this "Dirty Harry" look.  Any intruder will freeze at the sight of 357 cocked magnum revolver Wink

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:11:41 PM

... Further if there is any practical difference between a 357 magnum revolver and a 45 ACP I really can't see it.  

I had 357 magnum S&W revolver and it was fun, but the long barrel and the kick was not something I'd recommend.

My wife could not shoot 357 with one hand.  .45ACP, .40 or even 9mm are much better for other people in your family to learn and become proficient shooters.   9mm hollow points in 147gr would leave a nasty wound, and would kill as well as .45ACP.

But 357 has this "Dirty Harry" look.  Any intruder will freeze at the sight of 357 cocked magnum revolver Wink

Okay, then the gun I want is a styrofoam 375 Dirty Harry mockup over my 22LR revolver.

Add the laser, too, please.  I do not think it is implausible that the bad guy seeing that red dot on his chest is going to quickly find his inner coward.
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:15:01 PM

Sad. The same guy talking about how stupid and illogical and dangerous religions are is promoting the gun ownership.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:17:13 PM

Sad. The same guy talking about how stupid and illogical and dangerous religions are is promoting the gun ownership.

I find the idea that it is better to resolve a home invasion problem through intimidation than through maiming to be quite rational.  The idea that the potential to intimidate (or maim) by use of firearms stops a majority of potential problems before they start is, to me, obviously a good thing and clearly effective.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:55:59 PM

I find the idea that it is better to resolve a home invasion problem through intimidation than through maiming to be quite rational.  The idea that the potential to intimidate (or maim) by use of firearms stops a majority of potential problems before they start is, to me, obviously a good thing and clearly effective.

Beat me to it.  IMHO some robber may be a really bad example of a human but I'm loathe to shot him, much better to give him a chance to turn and run.  Including civilians and law enforcement, guns are probably used a hundred thousand times to peaceably get someone to comply with a request, for one time that it goes bang.

Interesting that from this point of view, the bigger and badder and scarier looking the weapon is, maybe good attributes of appearance.
valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 01:45:57 PM

If only there was even ONE figure to correlate what you're saying...

But that's not what the statistics say about gun freedom...

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:05:43 PM

What statistics?  Stats on the number of things you make up?  I would agree those correlate with each other.
yugo23

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:26:44 PM

What statistics?  Stats on the number of things you make up?  I would agree those correlate with each other.

We provided multiple stats on violent crimes rates in USA. You debunked them saying that it's because USA is clearly diversified and that's why there is a lot of crimes.

Well as you wish. But none of you gave a single figure to back your claims.
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 04:48:37 PM

... Further if there is any practical difference between a 357 magnum revolver and a 45 ACP I really can't see it.  

My wife could not shoot 357 with one hand.  .45ACP, .40 or even 9mm are much better for other people in your family to learn and become proficient shooters.   9mm hollow points in 147gr would leave a nasty wound, and would kill as well as .45ACP.

But 357 has this "Dirty Harry" look.  Any intruder will freeze at the sight of 357 cocked magnum revolver Wink

Not sure I see the correlation.  What does shooting guns have to do with religion?  Other than the majority of religious nuts are also gun nuts?

I own guns, I hunt,  I eat meat, not sure why there is something wrong with that?  

Did I say guns are not dangerous?  They are deadly.  They are designed to kill, period.

IMHO, gun collectors are nuts.  I only have few rifles and handguns.  I use all of them, and the ones I stop using, I sell.  They are tools to shoot and kill wild game, a quick chicken, or scare intruders.

BTW, firing at someone would get you into more trouble that it is really worth.  So you better have a good reason...

IMHO, banning guns does not solve the issue of gun violence.

I see several issues with gun ownership.  One is that most people don't know how to use and maintain their guns.  They are actually endangering themselves and people around them by owning guns.  

First question on a gun license application should be: "What are you going to use gun for?"  then
"Why you need it?", "Have you ever participated in a hunt?", "Went to a shooting competition?"

If the answer is NO to either of the last two questions, you don't need guns IMHO.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 08:51:31 PM

... Further if there is any practical difference between a 357 magnum revolver and a 45 ACP I really can't see it.  

My wife could not shoot 357 with one hand.  .45ACP, .40 or even 9mm are much better for other people in your family to learn and become proficient shooters.   9mm hollow points in 147gr would leave a nasty wound, and would kill as well as .45ACP.

But 357 has this "Dirty Harry" look.  Any intruder will freeze at the sight of 357 cocked magnum revolver Wink

Not sure I see the correlation.  What does shooting guns have to do with religion?  Other than the majority of religious nuts are also gun nuts?

I own guns, I hunt,  I eat meat, not sure why there is something wrong with that?  

Did I say guns are not dangerous?  They are deadly.  They are designed to kill, period.

IMHO, gun collectors are nuts.  I only have few rifles and handguns.  I use all of them, and the ones I stop using, I sell.  They are tools to shoot and kill wild game, a quick chicken, or scare intruders.

BTW, firing at someone would get you into more trouble that it is really worth.  So you better have a good reason...

IMHO, banning guns does not solve the issue of gun violence.

I see several issues with gun ownership.  One is that most people don't know how to use and maintain their guns.  They are actually endangering themselves and people around them by owning guns.  

First question on a gun license application should be: "What are you going to use gun for?"  then
"Why you need it?", "Have you ever participated in a hunt?", "Went to a shooting competition?"

If the answer is NO to either of the last two questions, you don't need guns IMHO.

Well, that is your opinion.  But others - including many in law enforcement - are taught and / or believe that the weapon should be emptied into an attacker when necessary.  Different point of view. 

And of course you understand the 2nd amendment does not have anything to do with hunting or shooting competitions.

Thirdly, why not bar collecting of every sort?  Collectors are obviously nuts.  We probably have space in the mental hospitals for all of them.

Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: