Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:52:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270078 times)
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:44:29 PM

not selling at all seems too excessive on the other way, I think it would be decent to sell at the right price and to get real profit rather than infinitely holding the bitcoins, People selling at $1000 made good profit before the price decreased.

Yes sell at the right time and make profits that is the best way to play with bitcoins, only holding will not give you profits as if pirce falls in long run then you have to wait for price rise which can be time consuming.

Indeed, you should just have patience this year and wait till the halving has been done if it unwraps good than you will make profit if this is not the point than you should just wait till it will.
Soon or later the price will jump that is why you should not sell your bitcoins for low prices.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
benmartin613

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:06:44 PM

It will come to a point were you will sell your bitcoin, i think that when people realized that bitcoin prices is so big they will sell it no matter what.
CoinsRoyal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:12:44 PM

You should never sell your bitcoins because of the future the bitcoin itself has, the halving is also coming this year so that is why you should not sell your bitcoins.
The bitcoin is growing plus the halving is a great combination in my eyes so the price will go to a higher amount for sure.
Legacy2005

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:43:31 PM

the reality of the fact is no matter how much you want bitcoin take over fiat currency it wont. At least not in anyone's lifetime that is posting on this thread. So yes i will sell my bitcoin when i feel it has reached a point i am willing to cash out. Remember bitcoin only has a value as long as there is a fiat currency to exchange it with.

look at it this way:
1 can of coke is $ .50
1 can of coke is .0012 btc at todays price per btc/usd

what does a can of coke sell for in the world where btc is the only currency?

you can hope and dream that btc will take over the world but as the saying goes you can hope in one hand and s**t in the other. see which one fills up first.

ps. all those of you that say you would never sell are only lying to yourselves. if tomorrow the price hit 20k per btc and you could cash out and never have to work ever again your telling me you wouldnt. LIE.
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:21:36 PM

the reality of the fact is no matter how much you want bitcoin take over fiat currency it wont. At least not in anyone's lifetime that is posting on this thread. So yes i will sell my bitcoin when i feel it has reached a point i am willing to cash out. Remember bitcoin only has a value as long as there is a fiat currency to exchange it with.

look at it this way:
1 can of coke is $ .50

you can hope and dream that btc will take over the world but as the saying goes you can hope in one hand and s**t in the other. see which one fills up first.

ps. all those of you that say you would never sell are only lying to yourselves. if tomorrow the price hit 20k per btc and you could cash out and never have to work ever again your telling me you wouldnt. LIE.
I do agree with you that if btc price hits a special price level then btc owners would sell their bitcoin, I say by 1k $ and if it be fixed in around 1k for some period many of btc owners will sell Smiley.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Jmild1

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:55:48 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2016, 08:13:43 PM by Jmild1

look at it this way:
1 can of coke is $ .50

I do agree with you that if btc price hits a special price level then btc owners would sell their bitcoin, I say by 1k $ and if it be fixed in around 1k for some period many of btc owners will sell Smiley.

No, if bitcoin owner would sell their bitcoins. Bitcoin value will collapse. Do you even think of that? Would be better if you use it a form of payment rather than selling it. If that's the way it goes, systems will probably force theirself to put bitcoin as a form of payment in any thing you want to buy or sell. This will probably make the bitcoin more valuable and make it more in-demand. SO DON'T EVER SELL YOUR BITCOIN!
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:59:19 PM

That would be really weird to just keep on holding and not spending it, spending bitcoin is a fun, I sell my coins when I feel that this is the good price as if there is price drop in future then I would regret for not selling at a right time.
Jmild1

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:12:59 PM

That would be really weird to just keep on holding and not spending it, spending bitcoin is a fun, I sell my coins when I feel that this is the good price as if there is price drop in future then I would regret for not selling at a right time.

I'm talking about selling it, means converting your bitcoin to a fiat. And I'm  not talking about spending. Of, couse there's noting wrong in spending your bitcoin this will not affect the value of it. But if you sell bitcoin to a fiat. It's no difference in making the demand of bitcoin low and increasing the demand of fiat.
zencomp

Activity: 182

★ Nakedbitcoins.com ★

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:25:23 PM

I'm talking about selling it, means converting your bitcoin to a fiat. And I'm  not talking about spending. Of, couse there's noting wrong in spending your bitcoin this will not affect the value of it. But if you sell bitcoin to a fiat. It's no difference in making the demand of bitcoin low and increasing the demand of fiat.

Its upto the thinking of each ones. but in most country still bitcoin is not usable then they have to convert it to fiat currency so that they can clear their problems or daily needs,

I use bitcoin for my regular use like mobile recharge and online purchasing,

Jmild1

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:32:34 PM

Its upto the thinking of each ones. but in most country still bitcoin is not usable then they have to convert it to fiat currency so that they can clear their problems or daily needs,

I use bitcoin for my regular use like mobile recharge and online purchasing,

That's what I mean to, use it for payment so that other systems will notice that bitcoin is popular in payment which they will put it there forms of payment. Making bitcoin as a usable tool to buy and sell things
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:34:11 PM

look at it this way:
1 can of coke is $ .50

No, if bitcoin owner would sell their bitcoins. Bitcoin value will collapse. Do you even think of that? Would be better if you use it a form of payment rather than selling it. If that's the way it goes, systems will probably force theirself to put bitcoin as a form of payment in any thing you want to buy or sell. This will probably make the bitcoin more valuable and make it more in-demand. SO DON'T EVER SELL YOUR BITCOIN!
Suppose if everyone do not sell their bitcoin and have it. I agree that promotion and advertising and try to make it known is positive but it is another tool for increasing value of bitcoin.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:54:30 PM

You should not sell them because the bitcoin will go to high amount of the end of this year, due to the halving.
If everything goes well the bitcoin will go to a much higher amount and everyone can make profit.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 09:02:57 PM

You should not sell them because the bitcoin will go to high amount of the end of this year, due to the halving.
If everything goes well the bitcoin will go to a much higher amount and everyone can make profit.

Yeah we are expecting higher price at the time of halving but it would be very disappointing to see if there is no price rise as nothing is guaranteed.
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 11:03:41 AM

Yeah we are expecting higher price at the time of halving but it would be very disappointing to see if there is no price rise as nothing is guaranteed.

Don't worry mate we will see price in next couple of months as price is rising slowly at a moment and we can expect much better price on halving so its better to wait and not to sell at a moment.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 11:07:23 AM

the price can increase according to supply and demand theory.If the daily volume decreases and price increases , at a point BTC will self terminate itself.Why?If the money circulation is zero then BTC is dead.
quentincole32

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 11:59:23 AM

the price can increase according to supply and demand theory.If the daily volume decreases and price increases , at a point BTC will self terminate itself.Why?If the money circulation is zero then BTC is dead.
How about when halving  , there is a hard dump even we all know bitcoin supply would decreased during halving that could lead to the bitcoin price go up high.
Will bitcoin price remain  go up as per halving? Or it's just remain in current rate  $400 ? Noone knows so I prefer balancing between spend bitcoin and hold bitcoin.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:18:40 PM

i look at bitcoin as a currency and i would love it if the day comes that bitcoin is used as a currency just like fiat.

but also until that time comes, i consider bitcoin as more of an investment rather than a currency so i am like 80% invested and will sell and hold 20% of it until bitcoin is mass adopted and i keep 100% of my bitcoins for using to buy goods.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:55:10 PM

Bitcoin will grow high as well it has to be considered as a saving than a earning for daily life. So the saving grows very high when years pass. Thats the reason never to sell but to save as much possible.
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:28:20 PM

Don't worry mate we will see price in next couple of months as price is rising slowly at a moment and we can expect much better price on halving so its better to wait and not to sell at a moment.

It is not the best idea to sell btc ever. Reasons are the consistency what we are seeing now. the price is increasing slowly. it is very unlikely to say it will go down. also when the more user starts using it as we are seeing on these days we can say the price will go high and we can make more money.....
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:08:12 PM

How about when halving  , there is a hard dump even we all know bitcoin supply would decreased during halving that could lead to the bitcoin price go up high.
Will bitcoin price remain  go up as per halving? Or it's just remain in current rate  $400 ? Noone knows so I prefer balancing between spend bitcoin and hold bitcoin.
There must be of course a time to sell your coins. Otherwise you cant make profit and that will be bad. I hope that more people will have some profit later.
And that Bitcoin also will be more acceptable. That will be so good for the future and also for Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: