Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:01:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 [608] 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 ... 1095 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cricket match prediction discussions  (Read 587846 times)
fullypak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:54:35 PM

First test match is going to start between England and West Indies. If I'm not wrong, this match will be their first day-night Test and be playing with a pink-ball. Currently, WI performance is quite bad in all formats of the cricket game, and recently they didn't even qualify for a champion trophy. I don't know how they are going to perform in the test match and England is also playing at home and they are in superb form. I believe it will be an easy win for England team in this match.

Yup true, it will be their first Day-Night Test match. As for this series, I expect a straight whitewash. As you said WI are performing poorly from the last year in all formats, its true, they have been on the downward slope after the World cup t20 win. IMO They lack quality bowlers for test matches, they do have good batsmen if they get in and can be quiet explosive. The problem has always been the bowlers. Anyhow will be interesting to watch how they compete against England as compared to South Africa and what sorts of pitches will be prepared for this series.

WI is not performed well from last one year in test series. But today they are playing well. England won the toss and opted to bat first. WI picks first 2 wickets so early Mark Stoneman and Tom Westley got out for just 8 runs. Root and Cook are batting now the score is 50/2. If WI picks 2 more wickets early then this match is going to be very interesting. Let's see how WI will restrict England in their home ground.
Right now very crucial time in this test  for West Indies because Root and Cook both doing good if West Indies bowler succeeded to take one more wicket before lunch then this session belong to them because this partnership can all momentum of this test match if these both stay for some time then they can take away from opponents because they have not good batting side

It will be real test for West Indies team. After the early success of two quick wickets, it seems that WI has lost their grip which helped english batsman to settle down on the crease. Cook and Root are playing brilliantly, they have already scored more than 75 runs and looking forward to convert it into century. WI desperately need few wickets to stay in the contest.

West Indies has not used the early wickets advantage atleast they managed to take one more wicket means they will get hands on this innings but now time is over the 2 England batsman settled captain Root made century playing with 103 runs and Cook is heading to century his score is 85 runs.The total team score 215/2.
One more session left I think England will score 330+ runs. 
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:13:03 PM

First test match is going to start between England and West Indies. If I'm not wrong, this match will be their first day-night Test and be playing with a pink-ball. Currently, WI performance is quite bad in all formats of the cricket game, and recently they didn't even qualify for a champion trophy. I don't know how they are going to perform in the test match and England is also playing at home and they are in superb form. I believe it will be an easy win for England team in this match.

England had won the toss and elected to bat. They are currently batting at 230/2 . Root has completed his century and Cook is playing in his 90's.  So England have got a solid start as expected and this will put WI under lot of pressure on first day itself. England must make above 500 with the start they have got and try to get a good 1st inning total so that they can take a lead by making WI all out in 1st inning quickly.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:14:50 PM

what an innings as a captain, Joe Root has scored another century as a captain. he is leading his team at the front line. besides good captaincy, he has also performed as the best batsman of his team. he is still batting with a strong hand, 109 runs from 149 balls. he has already hit 20 boundaries. that is massive, so he scored 80 runs from the boundaries.The English team has got another good captain. I think England will win this test as well as the Test series against West Indies very easily. latest scores for England 235 for 2 wickets, still a full session is their hand. wow, that is called real dominance in the test match.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:06:32 PM

what an innings as a captain, Joe Root has scored another century as a captain. he is leading his team at the front line. besides good captaincy, he has also performed as the best batsman of his team. he is still batting with a strong hand, 109 runs from 149 balls. he has already hit 20 boundaries. that is massive, so he scored 80 runs from the boundaries.The English team has got another good captain. I think England will win this test as well as the Test series against West Indies very easily. latest scores for England 235 for 2 wickets, still a full session is their hand. wow, that is called real dominance in the test match.

It was a good toss to win and England are getting ready to bat West Indies out of the match. The only point where England can improve is the scoring rate. 300+ runs in a day is par for tests these days.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:28:15 PM

It was a good toss to win and England are getting ready to bat West Indies out of the match. The only point where England can improve is the scoring rate. 300+ runs in a day is par for tests these days.

England becomes safe in this test match. amazing centuries from Cook and Root, after losing Root wicket Dawid Malan also batting well he scored a half century. Alastair Cook needs just 6 runs to hit a double ton. Great batting from this batsman. England made 420 runs with the loss of just 3 wickets. They may score more than 600 runs in 1st innings. Cook has a chance to make a triple century.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 04:57:09 PM

550-570 runs should be enough for England to defend the match against WI. WI has been fairing poorly in test matches and with England's strong bowling team it's not much of a challenge for them. Now they are at 514 for 8. Cook's outstanding 243 runs was a huge highlight of the game.

bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:23:07 PM

550-570 runs should be enough for England to defend the match against WI. WI has been fairing poorly in test matches and with England's strong bowling team it's not much of a challenge for them. Now they are at 514 for 8. Cook's outstanding 243 runs was a huge highlight of the game.

England have  declared their inning for 514/8 and WI started badly . They have lost their opener Brathwaite for duck. West Indies are now 7/1 and it will be difficult for them to even reach 400 unless somebody plays a good inning and make century which will only save WI from this test match.

As per current form it seems that England will win this test match easily and may be even test series.

Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:26:56 PM

Yup true, it will be their first Day-Night Test match. As for this series, I expect a straight whitewash. As you said WI are performing poorly from the last year in all formats, its true, they have been on the downward slope after the World cup t20 win. IMO They lack quality bowlers for test matches, they do have good batsmen if they get in and can be quiet explosive. The problem has always been the bowlers. Anyhow will be interesting to watch how they compete against England as compared to South Africa and what sorts of pitches will be prepared for this series.
West Indies has one of the best batting lines in the world and Sunil Narine is also ranked in top ten Bowlers. But sad news is many good batsman and bowlers like Sunil Narine are not playing. Jason Holder and the coach may have a strategy in their minds. I do not think that England will whitewash WI. They can win if they have luck in this series against England. Otherwise it is a one sided match.
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:48:00 PM

West Indies has one of the best batting lines in the world and Sunil Narine is also ranked in top ten Bowlers. But sad news is many good batsman and bowlers like Sunil Narine are not playing. Jason Holder and the coach may have a strategy in their minds. I do not think that England will whitewash WI. They can win if they have luck in this series against England. Otherwise it is a one sided match.
Maybe in next match, they can win by luck, but this match it is not at all possible. England put the big score on the board its 514 runs and declared his innings. West Indies starting is very bad opener got out for a duck. According to me, England will win this match by innings and some runs what you say, guys.
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:21:25 PM

No dude, WI don't have best batting line up if you talk about test cricket. They have very good limited overs cricketers but they lack the skills required for test cricket, which is the main reason for their continuous failure in test cricket.
wearepoor

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:25:54 PM

England have  declared their inning for 514/8 and WI started badly . They have lost their opener Brathwaite for duck. West Indies are now 7/1 and it will be difficult for them to even reach 400 unless somebody plays a good inning and make century which will only save WI from this test match.

As per current form it seems that England will win this test match easily and may be even test series.

Yes definitely, England is in a very good position. They have posted 500+ runs in the first innings and have already picked up 1st wicket of WI, they just need few quick wicket so that west indies team will be in pressure. On other hand west indies batsman should show some temperament and should try to stick to the crease for maximum time in order to score some runs.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:21:18 PM

Tomorrow's first session will be crucial for WI, if they bat it out and get to 350 at the end of the day with 2-3 wickets down the game will get interesting for sure, they do have the batsmen to do this, but the temperament is a issue. We might have an interesting match on our hands. All is dependent on the tomorrow's first session. WI may get a chance a draw this match due to bad weather. Anyway fingers crossed.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:09:15 PM

Tomorrow's first session will be crucial for WI, if they bat it out and get to 350 at the end of the day with 2-3 wickets down the game will get interesting for sure, they do have the batsmen to do this, but the temperament is a issue. We might have an interesting match on our hands. All is dependent on the tomorrow's first session. WI may get a chance a draw this match due to bad weather. Anyway fingers crossed.

West Indies are already on the back foot, having lost a wicket and looking at a huge England first innings score. England have 3 days to take 19 West Indies wickets and they should be the favourites from here.

chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:16:13 AM

West Indies are already on the back foot, having lost a wicket and looking at a huge England first innings score. England have 3 days to take 19 West Indies wickets and they should be the favourites from here.

This match WI can only try to draw and can't win it for sure. To make this test match draw they have to build very good partnerships or just stay on the crease without losing the wickets. It will also help them to build the confidence level for the next match and it also put England team under pressure. But based on WI recent performance I don't think they can able to do it.
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:57:38 PM

This match WI can only try to draw and can't win it for sure. To make this test match draw they have to build very good partnerships or just stay on the crease without losing the wickets. It will also help them to build the confidence level for the next match and it also put England team under pressure. But based on WI recent performance I don't think they can able to do it.
Currently West Indies is very poor side they have some good players but sadly fail to use them as unit this is good chance for them to built some good partnerships for helping team to built confidence which is down is all fields but we can hope they will fight till end as England is good place for them to built new look team
wearepoor

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:14:24 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 01:24:59 PM by wearepoor

Tomorrow is the 1st ODI between India and Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka have already lost the test series, they have to show some good performance if they wants to beat the Indian team. India is a very strong team when it comes to limited overs; on other hand, 2017 is not a joyful year for the Sri Lankan team. They have lost 11 out 16 ODI games in 2017. It will be interesting to see how SL will perform against the dominant Indian cricket team.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:05:20 PM

after showing an incredible batting performance now England is dominating the bowling side. Alister Cook has just revealed his legendary performance once again. he is just a master piece in the modern cricket. after leaving the captaincy he was passing a run drought for some matches but with the pink bowl, he has shown his class again. but West Indies has nothing to do with this test match. they have come along a weak team in comparison with England cricket team. I think. they have no chance to win any game in this test series.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:07:50 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 06:26:15 PM by Thekool1s

West indies have folded as expected, 500 plus was too big to ask from a side which has board issues and lack skills required for test match cricket, the match is well over imo, England should win this quite easily.

As for India vs Srilanka, it is a different format and it's a new day for srilanka, they did defeat them in champions trophy, so the series might get closer, but Indians are the clear favorites in this series. My bets are on England and India.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 05:50:53 PM

Very poor performance from WI. Did not expect them to get out at just 168 runs in the first innings and now again in the second innings, they are seem to lose by a margin of runs plus an innings. England played smartly by first declaring at a score of 518 and then letting WI play. The game will be over by tomorrow.

MyIdeas

Activity: 734
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:37:07 PM

Tomorrow is the 1st ODI between India and Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka have already lost the test series, they have to show some good performance if they wants to beat the Indian team. India is a very strong team when it comes to limited overs; on other hand, 2017 is not a joyful year for the Sri Lankan team. They have lost 11 out 16 ODI games in 2017. It will be interesting to see how SL will perform against the dominant Indian cricket team.

Srilanka doesn't stand a chance against India even in the ODI. India has the best batting line in world. Their captain Virat Kholi is ranked first in top five batsman. Also Srilanka has no luck with them. Tomorrows ODI will be one sided and India is surely gonna win this so called "match".
Pages: « 1 ... 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 [608] 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 ... 1095 »
  Print  

Jump to: