Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:47:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 [628] 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 ... 1105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cricket match prediction discussions  (Read 589385 times)
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:31:16 AM

ICC must find an alternative to DL method or they must disclose how the runs and overs are calculated . 282 runs from 300 was reduced to 164 off 126 balls , how did they end up getting that?

Well they have some tricky method and which exists from long time even do not know that. But yes I know that say in second inning if the wickets are falling and then there is rainfall the score will get increased because of the less no of wickets in hand now.  But yes some times it becomes very difficult then had being there a regular match without rain interruption and vice versa.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:55:38 AM

ICC must find an alternative to DL method or they must disclose how the runs and overs are calculated . 282 runs from 300 was reduced to 164 off 126 balls , how did they end up getting that?

It is a complicated model, which cannot be expressed in the form of a straight line equation. It is reasonably fair, compared to other methods used previously. In the end, strong performance by India to win the match, in spite of the early set backs.
anirgu
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:37:20 AM

Yesterday's match showed that only T20 is going to be the future of cricket.As soon as India started to lose wickets the ground was around 25% empty and many were thinking of moving out and once there was a partnership it went well till the while.The momentum became more when it turned to a small format game and people were much excited to see the match.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
fllipperr

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:10:08 AM

More like it was a T20 match situatin for Aussies in 2nd innings,bcoz of that they have gone under pressure to score fast.
BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:12:34 AM

ICC need to check this very quickly because its going to be creating problems for many teams in future and peoples will not watch ODI's just because of this D/L method this was not fair result rain already created problems and then this target was not fair for team going to bat second
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:10:47 PM

ICC need to check this very quickly because its going to be creating problems for many teams in future and peoples will not watch ODI's just because of this D/L method this was not fair result rain already created problems and then this target was not fair for team going to bat second
I am watching cricket from my childhood, but still, i am not understood how this D/L method will work. This really changes the game result the winning team will lose and losing team will win. According to me how they calculate means if any overs reduced means based on run rate and how many wickets left they will fix target. i am not sure, but this is how it will work. In this game, the target is high 164 runs from 126 balls. But India scored 282 in 300 balls. Why they increased scores means AUS will have 10 wickets in hand so based on that they will calculate.
SushGo

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:40:28 PM

I am watching cricket from my childhood, but still, i am not understood how this D/L method will work. This really changes the game result the winning team will lose and losing team will win. According to me how they calculate means if any overs reduced means based on run rate and how many wickets left they will fix target. i am not sure, but this is how it will work. In this game, the target is high 164 runs from 126 balls. But India scored 282 in 300 balls. Why they increased scores means AUS will have 10 wickets in hand so based on that they will calculate.

Agreed with you all, Duckworth Lewis method is quite difficult to understand. Sometimes it gives advantage to one team and at the same time it is unfair with the other team. There are many examples in past, wherein the teams which are in the position to win the match has lost game due to the D/L method. ICC should think about the alternative method to avoid such instances in the future.

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:53:33 PM

More like it was a T20 match situatin for Aussies in 2nd innings,bcoz of that they have gone under pressure to score fast.
Yes, yesterday's match is truly like a T20 match. After the first innings got over it was like a win for Australia and when the second innings got started the match went with control and in no time things went out of hands creating a winning chance for India. This has been used in the right way by India.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:26:13 PM

Yes, yesterday's match is truly like a T20 match. After the first innings got over it was like a win for Australia and when the second innings got started the match went with control and in no time things went out of hands creating a winning chance for India. This has been used in the right way by India.
The unbelivalbe result we got in this game. When India lost 1st 3 wickets just for 33 runs and 5 wickets within 100 runs i thought India would not score more than 200 runs. But Dhoni and Pandya changed the game target. After that rain changed the game result. Becasue of rain, the match reduced, and India wins this game. Congrats India.

England vs West Indies, the 1st ODI match is going to start tomorrow, my pick England.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 06:39:18 PM

India won just because of Dhoni and Pandya else Virat and Pandey getting out for 0 and the score being 87 for 5, the match was lost.

If India would win it in a foreign ground, it would be more fun to watch but Chennai is a place where Dhoni has played his maximum games with CSK and hence is familiar with the ground while Aussies always lose there. The match was a great watch but am waiting for the next one on 21st in Kolkatta. Looks like Australia has turned to be another SL by losing 9 wickets for just 137 runs. Hope they don't follow the same in this next match too.

GoodLuck2

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:50:02 PM

what a performance by colter-nile and stoinis. now the host side is struggling on the pitch. already they have lost thier top five batsmen. now total India should depend on former captain. if MS Dhoni can stay on the pitch for a long a time then India will be able to score two hundred runs plus. so I predict that India will score at best 220.
First time I thought that this match would be 230/240. But, the match changed dramatically. MS Dhoni changed this system, undoubtedly he is a great player for Indian team. Dhoni and Pandya have played extraordinary. Congratulations, MS as he has become the fourth Indian Cricket Team player to hit 100 international fifties.
Yes India has played it so drastically and results are here. MS Dhoni, no doubt is the fantastic player team India have from last decade. They are nothing without this experience chap. He knows better to hold the game in pressure. Congratulations to team India.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:13:30 PM

what a performance by colter-nile and stoinis. now the host side is struggling on the pitch. already they have lost thier top five batsmen. now total India should depend on former captain. if MS Dhoni can stay on the pitch for a long a time then India will be able to score two hundred runs plus. so I predict that India will score at best 220.
First time I thought that this match would be 230/240. But, the match changed dramatically. MS Dhoni changed this system, undoubtedly he is a great player for Indian team. Dhoni and Pandya have played extraordinary. Congratulations, MS as he has become the fourth Indian Cricket Team player to hit 100 international fifties.
Yes India has played it so drastically and results are here. MS Dhoni, no doubt is the fantastic player team India have from last decade. They are nothing without this experience chap. He knows better to hold the game in pressure. Congratulations to team India.

Nice to see MS Dhoni once again in some good action. He had been hanging out with the team for a while and doing nothing, but now he seems in form. My 2nd favorite in Indian cricket team (after Kohli).

Good work by team India.
BitSat

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:25:51 PM

Nice to see MS Dhoni once again in some good action. He had been hanging out with the team for a while and doing nothing, but now he seems in form. My 2nd favorite in Indian cricket team (after Kohli).

Good work by team India.
I believe MS Dhoni is one of best player India produce in ODI history he done some great achievements for his team and country but its very sad they give captaincy to Kohli he still can do good things for his country until next world cup his current form is also very helpful for India to achieve World no 1 Spot in ICC rankings
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:19:54 AM

Today one-day series between England and West Indies are going to start. WI now in a good confidence to face strong England team. Particularly after winning T20 match they give an indication that they can change things at any stage. If they can win today's match also then mostly they may be going to win this series as well. What you guys think and I will not bet in this match because very difficult to guess the winner as of now.
absy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:34:08 AM

well if its based on run rate then it must have been less than 130 atleast Sad Wickets remaining shouldn't be considered , anyway its just not reasonable to calculate all this without letting the audience know the proper equation .

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:52:23 AM

Today West Indies take on Ireland in a one-off ODI today. This match is crucial to West Indies, who have to win this match as well as the series against England to automatically qualify for the ODI world cup. Ireland will fancy their chances here, given West Indies’ fluctuating performance. Sri Lanka will also be rooting for an Ireland victory here.

This match got no result because match abandoned without a ball bowled. Now, what happens to WI auto qualification to the world cup?

I was thinking that if they can win England series is good enough for auto qualification but didn't know that they also need to win this match. But by looking at their current performance I don't think they can win England series. They may need to play the qualifying matches go to the world cup.
If West Indies won this series by 4 - 1 then they can qualify for World cup otherwise they have to play qualifying matches which is worst for them as one of world's greatest team now going down badly West Indies cricket board need to act fairly despite internal politics which is killing them for years bring back stars for bringing back pride of past
The world class team went down because of their internal politics in WI board, and they have to fix it as soon as possible or else this team will lose its reputation in the international cricket. WI have top class players but they will not select because of money problem, and another side SL is struggling to get back his old form and here experience problem all new comers are there they need some experienced players help, but it is not possible every on retired. I think WI will play qualifying match.
That is really sad to hear. Honestly, West Indies team is capable of beating all the strong teams of the world but its suffering through a lot at the present moment. I hope things will get better soon for them because I want to see this team competing in the ODI World Cup.

Sri Lanka is going to face Pakistan from 28 Sept and both teams have newbies in it. This series will be an interesting one.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:47:16 PM

well if its based on run rate then it must have been less than 130 atleast Sad Wickets remaining shouldn't be considered , anyway its just not reasonable to calculate all this without letting the audience know the proper equation .
Here run rate and wickets both are necessary. Suppose if AUS started batting and in 2 overs if they lose 2 wickets for just 10 runs. The rain comes and game reduced to same 21 overs then they will reduce in runs. I am not sure what equation they will use to put this D/L method what i understood that i explained that's it.

West Indies vs England ODI match is running. Match reduced to 42 overs WI is batting first, and they scored 91/2, 18 overs. Chris Gayle started well, but he got out for 37 runs. Any guess who will win this game?
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:48:37 PM

Currently England is complete control bowlers done great job and reduced West Indian battling line less then 5 Runs per over its great Achievement for them right now after Gayle no batsmen have good strike rate now powell is key for them if he stays on crease for some time then can change this game otherwise its all in England
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:40:30 PM

West Indies have lost the golden opportunity to stay this match, they have started their batting nicely but their middle order didn't carry the hope of a big score. they have scored 202 runs for 9 wickets by form 42 overs. so it can be predicted that they are going to add at best 20 runs with the scoreboard. but that target is not too difficult to chase for the mighty English batting line.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 04:44:26 PM

Again a low scoring game from WI. Just 204 runs are not enough and seems they may add another 10-20 runs for their last wicket after this break. They have lost this series by a huge margin in every game and I feel they could have chosen to field instead of batting first. Holder was the main one to score runs for his team but still it doesn't look that they'll manage to reach 250 which would atleast be a decent score to put on board.

Pages: « 1 ... 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 [628] 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 ... 1105 »
  Print  

Jump to: