Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:43:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [R3D] NEW UPDATES COMING SOON  (Read 66717 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
twoturtles
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 05:27:36 PM

It surprises me that people invest in stuff that does already exist in matter of tech. FreeNET does exactly this. And now them selfs value it 4000 BTC. Its pretty ridicolus.

Folks have also tried to say that Qora does this, and after looking at Qora it's an undeniable difference.  When the next demo is shown, it will become much clearer.  Many projects are available out there and handle their methods and approaches differently.  Blocknet exists, and Supernet exists.  Coke and Pepsi exist.  It's all a matter of preference, or you can even choose both.  The way we're handling this I can assure you, is the best way thought out so far.

Best regards,

syntaks
Sure value added services are useful when you make them useful inthe real world.. I believe qora uses AT which is much more flexible without requiring hard forks on protocol changes. This is the way the industry is pushing. For 800btc id like to think it would need to atleast meet or exceed the flexibility of a project that had no ico or ipo... but thats really a matter of preference too i guess for the buyers to do their due diligence. In the end its the dev team that is being invested in over the technology because if you invedt in the right people youcan assure the right decisions will be made going fwd

Alright let's point out a few facts to clear up a few mistakes in the above:

1.  Qora had an ICO, it's right in their ANN - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.0 Coinssource.com which appears to be down right now, also has an article regarding it: http://www.coinssource.com/qoras-ipo-raised-100-bitcoins-and-launches-successfully/http://www.coinssource.com/qoras-ipo-raised-100-bitcoins-and-launches-successfully/
2.  The last word anyone heard from Qora was here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg9721585#msg9721585 and the posts before that basically indicate the "quality" of the work citing errors and issues with no response in sight
3.  https://github.com/razakal/Qora/blob/master/README.md - 5 months ago the developer states "I do not want to abandon this project but at the moment I simply have no choice."

ann date: March 19, 2014
date left: March 29, 2015

So let's say hypothetically this was for financial reasons.  This further supports the fact that asking for a low number instead of realistic financial support (for just ONE developer apparently while r3d has a team of 5 people) could very well just lead to a community in distress and development either slowing or coming to a complete halt.  The fact of the matter also is that Qora is not r3d in too many ways to mention, but which will become abundantly clear once the full demo is shown.  Have you also looked into the lack of security in Qora and the gaping holes?  Anyone can have an idea, but to make it work and make it work properly is another thing in itself.

4.  Hard forks - I personally try to avoid them at all costs, but when they are necessary with the proper planning and approach (as I've done many, many times before), they can be near seamless.

5.  I had to also add in, that Qora is PoS based.  r3d is a closed-loop system.  We aren't trying to use PoS to attract people that want to hoard or just to sell what we're working on.  We want as many people as possible to actually use r3d.

Regarding investing in the team itself, I completely agree.  Now to compare, Neos had an ICO with several developers and the total ICO was 125 BTC of which 5 went to Bittrex for the hosting costs of the ICO.  It's exactly the same amount of time in which the Qora dev was there and then left, but the difference is Neos has been here every day (myself and phark) and still continue to support the community even with the lack of funding as 120 BTC doesn't last very long.  I've been here every day, literally without a single day missed throughout the day and night.  There hasn't been a single person that has been turned down for support through any means necessary including telephone, teamviewer, vnc, ssh, or skype, and I don't run a timer and cut people off because an issue has taken "too long" to resolve.  Now with that in mind, I only associate with like-minded people who share the same ethics as I do, both business-wise and morally.  With that being said, you're essentially getting 4 more of me in this project that will stick by it through and through.  In my opinion, that's worth 800 BTC to last as long as needed to continue support, development and expenses.  This is only the second project with my name in it within the span of a year and that's only because I won't get involved in vaporware or with people that aim to bleed others dry while fattening their wallets.

Best regards,

syntaks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CrazyEyes

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 05:51:20 PM

It surprises me that people invest in stuff that does already exist in matter of tech. FreeNET does exactly this. And now them selfs value it 4000 BTC. Its pretty ridicolus.

Folks have also tried to say that Qora does this, and after looking at Qora it's an undeniable difference.  When the next demo is shown, it will become much clearer.  Many projects are available out there and handle their methods and approaches differently.  Blocknet exists, and Supernet exists.  Coke and Pepsi exist.  It's all a matter of preference, or you can even choose both.  The way we're handling this I can assure you, is the best way thought out so far.

Best regards,

syntaks
Sure value added services are useful when you make them useful inthe real world.. I believe qora uses AT which is much more flexible without requiring hard forks on protocol changes. This is the way the industry is pushing. For 800btc id like to think it would need to atleast meet or exceed the flexibility of a project that had no ico or ipo... but thats really a matter of preference too i guess for the buyers to do their due diligence. In the end its the dev team that is being invested in over the technology because if you invedt in the right people youcan assure the right decisions will be made going fwd

When i read this, all i see is a bunch of jibberish, blablabla pepsi blabla supernet blabla 800 BTC is needed. FreeNET..https://wiki.freenetproject.org/Using_Freenet#Create_.26_publish_a_Freesite

The fact still remains. The idea is already developed. You steal an idea and then you value it 4000 BTC.
twoturtles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 05:53:35 PM

Best regards,

syntaks

When i read this, all i see is a bunch of jibberish, blablabla pepsi blabla supernet blabla 800 BTC is needed. FreeNET..https://wiki.freenetproject.org/Using_Freenet#Create_.26_publish_a_Freesite

The fact still remains. The idea is already developed. You steal an idea and then you value it 4000 BTC.

It's not the same project, nor the same approach, abilities, or system.  What you're saying isn't factual at all.  Your opinion remains.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 05:55:18 PM

Vasilis from CIYAM has integrated AT into qora not sure if you missdd that. The project has been taken over and free work has been put in. At some point design can only take you so far with respect to flexibility. You need to understand that if you want to be successful in this "industry" i will call now.

That being said there are niches that need to be filled like you are doing but im not sure it takes a currency to do that but perhaps scripts.. I guess better question is.. why cant you do everything you are doing via a script (turing complete ofcourse)? Maybe that may clear some things up for both of us.. since only you understand the design here.
twoturtles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 06:01:28 PM

Vasilis from CIYAM has integrated AT into qora not sure if you missdd that. The project has been taken over and free work has been put in. At some point design can only take you so far with respect to flexibility. You need to understand that if you want to be successful in this "industry" i will call now.

I'm glad someone stepped in and took over then.  I can fully appreciate flexibility and I'm all for it, and I do understand quite a bit.  Who strives to be inflexible?  Smiley  You can plan to be as flexible as you'd like and implement every proactive measure you can think of, but at some point if a hard fork is necessary or modifications are required - they're required.

Best regards,

syntaks

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 06:06:09 PM

I'm glad someone stepped in and took over then.  I can fully appreciate flexibility and I'm all for it, and I do understand quite a bit.  Who strives to be inflexible?  Smiley  You can plan to be as flexible as you'd like and implement every proactive measure you can think of, but at some point if a hard fork is necessary or modifications are required - they're required.

Best regards,

syntaks
it is lack of experience, understanding and work ethic that leads to bad design decisions and thus lack of flexibility. Its not done on purpose. I understood that with syscoin which is why I took a hard look at design and decided its better to change design to allow for more flexibility and opening up more possibilities as a result (all without hard forks)
twoturtles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 06:09:07 PM

Best regards,

syntaks
it is lack of experience, understanding and work ethic that leads to bad design decisions and thus lack of flexibility. Its not done on purpose. I understood that with syscoin which is why I took a hard look at design and decided its better to change design to allow for more flexibility and opening up more possibilities as a result (all without hard forks)

I agree as well with that.  Did you guys get the wallet finished up yet or do people still have to handle offers etc via command line only?

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 07:02:13 PM

Best regards,

syntaks

I agree as well with that.  Did you guys get the wallet finished up yet or do people still have to handle offers etc via command line only?
There is a web gui to do this and qt wallet too for it aswell as commandline. But we are moving service to a script instead which will be sys 2.0
twoturtles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 07:12:45 PM

Best regards,

syntaks

There is a web gui to do this and qt wallet too for it aswell as commandline. But we are moving service to a script instead which will be sys 2.0

Sounds nice.  What language is the web gui in?

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 07:34:28 PM

Qora has all these features and the devs can implement new services using Qoras platform. IMHO it would be better for the community and cryptoworld as a whole if funds were raised for pushing tech forward, instead of trying to reimplement the same things.

@twoturtles: care to elaborate on the lack of security in qora? I think it is pretty secure, I would appreciate some examples.
Also qora as a platform never said its last words. Developers constantly enhance it.

Please don't think that I made this post for promoting qora, I just want to understand what you said regarding security, differences, since features are the same. Qora could be used by R3D devs to create new services on top, with no need to spend resources for implementing the same features.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
stoner19 (OP)

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 07:34:46 PM

Do you have a budget for how long your ICO money will last? I have heard you have 4 or 5 developers and the ICO will bring 800btc * $230 = 184,000.

Between 4 or 5 devs, and stoner as community manager taking pay as well, how long would this amount of cash fund the project for? About a year? More/less?
If the minimum is raised it's expected to cover full year of salaries with additional contracted developers for supporting additions.

What happens when the project runs dry of funds? Do you have a recapitalization plan or would the devs sort of be doing it as charity work after that? I just am having a hard time understanding where cash will come in after the initial offering, because as far as i understand it this isn't a business that will be generating income?

I have invested a few btc so far, and these are my main concerns. Maybe they have been addressed already, I am not sure.

Our plan is to offer those running r3d-powered sites and other services hosting payable with r3d.  That r3d in turn would be used to create our own sites which would then primarily return means based on advertising.  We also plan to offer additional development services and design payable with r3d.  Considering we have a team of resources that will be getting paid throughout this period, we're fully utilizing every facet available.

Those of you questioning presstab, I think it was just a misunderstanding. Presstab and I have known each other for quite a while now, and as he mentioned already, we do chat on IRC on a daily basis. His questions are valid and I'm happy to answer them.

just fyi.. his alias is stoner cuz its a play on his name from his youth... ;P
he either brought it up in the forum or on irc
yes he did bring it up..he said it was because the kids used to throw bricks at him because he had a gozzy eye Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Funny popcorn1, although not entirely true Cheesy. As for the alias/nickname thing, yes I've already stated multiple times that "Stoner" is nothing more than a nickname given to me as a kid. It's been mentioned on IRC, here on this thread, as well as the interview we did with Lootz from SuperNET Radio (https://soundcloud.com/supernetradio/r3d) My last name is in fact Stone, thus the nickname "Stoner." All good now?  Wink
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 07:40:13 PM

Qora has all these features and the devs can implement new services using Qoras platform. IMHO it would be better for the community and cryptoworld as a whole if funds were raised for pushing tech forward, instead of trying to reimplement the same things.

@twoturtles: care to elaborate on the lack of security in qora? I think it is pretty secure, I would appreciate some examples.
Also qora as a platform never said its last words. Developers constantly enhance it.

Please don't think that I made this post for promoting qora, I just want to understand what you said regarding security, differences, since features are the same. Qora could be used by R3D devs to create new services on top, with no need to spend resources for implementing the same features.
This is the direction we are headed in however how do you do a revenu model on open source scripts? If you extend onto qora or another coin doing something like AT then how do investors profit other than buying qora in this example? A key driver is money and if it cant be made the same way by extending then it wont happen. There needs to be an asset or something to create a hidden service layer fee ontop of native fees and then provide dividends of asset holders. That is just one idea I am tinkering with to solve this problem.

Anyone that says qora isnt secure probably doest understand the mechanics of the underlying script implementation for AT. A hash of the program is prefixed to the script holding the program by the miner and evaluated and checked by all nodes to matchthe hash. In this way it is as secure as any other tx.

Note i dont hold any qora infact im not a fan of pos myself. So id prefer if a pow bitcoin clone implement AT (i will probaby do this) which will probably have a better chance of surviving the altcoin syndrome.
twoturtles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 09:59:25 PM

Firstly, I don't think you're using this thread to promote Qora.  What work was done on it then, compared to now - I'm sure differs.  However, with that said please don't jump to assume that it has all of the features r3d does or can do what r3d does, or how we do it.  The lack of full demo leaves much to be desired in the ways of relaying exactly how we're doing what we are.  There are plenty of projects that are similar in theory but it's a matter of execution and delivery.  Of course it would be in your opinion to push for fundraising for your project instead but the transparent rationale behind that is just that - transparent.  We're not reimplementing anything, we're just doing our best to do it better.

Regarding the security, it was brought to my attention by several others and the reason I didn't name precise vectors and still won't publicly is out of respect and consideration for your community and team.  If you'd like to contact me personally, I'll relay the same information to you that was brought to my attention.  I'm sure you and your team have much yet to bring to the table and I wish you all the best with it.

On the subject of using Qora for r3d, we honestly have no need.  Collaboration is something we're always open to, but dependent on others we are not.  Again though, you're thinking our features and techniques are the same as yours when I can assure you - they are not.  The team we have as well as the supporters behind r3d are not only completely beyond capable, but also much more devoted than most you'll find.

Best regards,

syntaks

twoturtles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 10:08:28 PM

This is the direction we are headed in however how do you do a revenu model on open source scripts? If you extend onto qora or another coin doing something like AT then how do investors profit other than buying qora in this example? A key driver is money and if it cant be made the same way by extending then it wont happen. There needs to be an asset or something to create a hidden service layer fee ontop of native fees and then provide dividends of asset holders. That is just one idea I am tinkering with to solve this problem.

Anyone that says qora isnt secure probably doest understand the mechanics of the underlying script implementation for AT. A hash of the program is prefixed to the script holding the program by the miner and evaluated and checked by all nodes to matchthe hash. In this way it is as secure as any other tx.

Note i dont hold any qora infact im not a fan of pos myself. So id prefer if a pow bitcoin clone implement AT (i will probaby do this) which will probably have a better chance of surviving the altcoin syndrome.

How do we construct a revenue model?  The system itself doesn't promote some unrealistic APR or hoarding.  If 10 million r3d were to be held back for example by any one person or group of people, that would instantly decrease the supply available for use.  When supply is down and demand is up - that affects the price.  When the person(s) holding decide to sell at the price they're comfortable with, those wanting to actually use it buy and the cycle repeats.  The statement "anyone that says qora isn't secure" and the follow-up by commenting on just the hash and network - shows that the other areas aren't recognized nor considered.  I won't disclose exact details publicly just as I explained above.

Oh but we are onto newer and better things soon to replace coloured coin mess to a real flexible architecture Smiley
We will set the trend again for new clones.

As far as "probably doing this" - I thought it was already being done for sys 2.0?

Best regards,

syntaks

goldengatesgreenest.com

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 12:04:23 AM

with 5 1/2 days until the close of the CFC, funding is not looking well.  Any plans you would like to share for if this CFC fails to launch?

Next day delivery Mail order Medical Cannabis now available to California Prop. 215 Patients for Bitcoin! Order anywhere in the State of California. http://goldengatesgreenest.com
Zombier0

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 01:40:41 AM

R3d > quora

I will buy r3d on last day for sure

twoturtles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 01:57:07 AM

with 5 1/2 days until the close of the CFC, funding is not looking well.  Any plans you would like to share for if this CFC fails to launch?

We have a couple of folks we've spoken to privately waiting for the demo.  I wholeheartedly believe that once the demo is revealed it will clear up a lot of the confusion created by a couple of demos showing just some of the options/features.  However, with that said as a fail-over we're looking into possibly startjoin, and open to other suggestions for financial backing.  Another option, the one we least want to explore is taking the demo to private organizations that could make use of the system.  I'd personally rather keep my code within crypto, though.

Best regards,

syntaks

twoturtles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 01:58:41 AM

R3d > quora

I will buy r3d on last day for sure

I appreciate the support, but honestly we're all in this together and the fact that they've gone ahead and put in the effort and time out of sheer will and voluntarily - I give them a lot of credit for that.

Best regards,

syntaks

popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 02:53:21 AM

some NEWS you might find it interesting

World’s First Blockchain-Based Startup Marketplace Set to Launch by Funderbeam http://cointelegraph.com/news/115187/worlds-first-blockchain-based-startup-marketplace-set-to-launch-by-funderbeam … #fintech #blockchain

goldengatesgreenest.com

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 04:38:15 AM

We have a couple of folks we've spoken to privately waiting for the demo.  I wholeheartedly believe that once the demo is revealed it will clear up a lot of the confusion created by a couple of demos showing just some of the options/features.  However, with that said as a fail-over we're looking into possibly startjoin, and open to other suggestions for financial backing.  Another option, the one we least want to explore is taking the demo to private organizations that could make use of the system.  I'd personally rather keep my code within crypto, though.

Best regards,

syntaks

Cool, I'm sure you guys are working hard on it.  Hopefully this project can stay in the public space instead of in the hands of a few companies.   

Next day delivery Mail order Medical Cannabis now available to California Prop. 215 Patients for Bitcoin! Order anywhere in the State of California. http://goldengatesgreenest.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: