Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:37:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN IS BETTER THAN WESTERN UNION ?  (Read 70154 times)
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:39:29 PM

If people know about bitcoins and they can trade through bitcoin i think that they will not move to wester union unless the other party can't accept bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:41:09 PM

I find western union to be a pain to deal with. And their fees are kind of high if you'd ask me.
I prefer to use bitcoin because I know it is secure to use and all I have to pay is the miner's fee which is minute compared to the fees that you will pay using some other's service to wire money.

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
AndySt
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:03:24 PM

If people know about bitcoins and they can trade through bitcoin i think that they will not move to wester union unless the other party can't accept bitcoin.
Not all people know and are able to use bitcoin so for them Western Union more familiar and understandable. The more frequently raised by the media hysteria about bitcoin plays a negative role.
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:12:41 AM

Not all people know and are able to use bitcoin so for them Western Union more familiar and understandable. The more frequently raised by the media hysteria about bitcoin plays a negative role.
So is Same Day Loans establishments. Don't you think if these same people were shown about bitcoin they would rather do these loans with that instead of their paychecks? So most don't own a computer. They could use the one at the local library and learn how easy it is to use bitcoin and can make loans and transfers with it.

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
LondonTrader

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 12:45:08 AM

Hi

Western unions fees are excessive and a rip off. I hope bitcoin is more widely adopted especially in developing countries where western union has a huge market share, hopefully a better mobile app will develop for these people to use and pay much much lower fees.

Bye
samanas

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:09:50 AM

Sending funds with bitcoin is much faster than Western Union. However, as bitcoin is not widely accepted, you have to change it into fiat first.
Djisamsoe

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 01:11:47 PM

Hi

Western unions fees are excessive and a rip off. I hope bitcoin is more widely adopted especially in developing countries where western union has a huge market share, hopefully a better mobile app will develop for these people to use and pay much much lower fees.

Bye

The key to this market is safe and easy to use application. People still think very stereotypical, and it seems to them that when they give money to someone face-to-face it is more secure.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:35:56 PM

Sending funds with bitcoin is much faster than Western Union. However, as bitcoin is not widely accepted, you have to change it into fiat first.
Its still too much time for accepted in many places and need some good and safe way to change in fiat then we can say this its much better then western union
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:54:49 PM

Yes you are right,,the only thing proof bitcoin better than WU is small transaction fee
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:18:01 PM

The fact that WU still is a leading brand out there shows how much marketing and exposure matters. If people were aware on Bitcoin absolutely no one would use WU to make international transactions, it's just a matter of comparing fees and you will see how much of a scam using WU is.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:28:15 PM

faster than 0 confirmation? i highly doubt, also bitcoin can already be used for purchasing many thing, the ony thing that is hindering the usage is the lazyness of people and the fact that they need first to buy it
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:36:16 PM

Western union is a pile of total crapshit. Their fees are unimaginable, and their only advantage over bitcoin is how widely it is used. Western union has had a while to spread, some bitcoin is relatively new. When bitcoin beats western union at this, then all western union users will stay flocking over to bitcoin like sheeple.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 10:14:26 PM

Western union is a pile of total crapshit. Their fees are unimaginable, and their only advantage over bitcoin is how widely it is used. Western union has had a while to spread, some bitcoin is relatively new. When bitcoin beats western union at this, then all western union users will stay flocking over to bitcoin like sheeple.

I completely agree. Out of all the companies out there, I can't stand Western Union the most. Their horrendous fees are really something to talk about. Imagine how much money have poor people left to these people over all these years.

I don't think that Bitcoin needs to put anyone out of business to be successful, but Western Union, I wish really bad that we put out of business!
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:27:30 PM

Wester Union may keep leading the market against bitcoin,but we all know that bitcoin will end taking their costumers soon or later,as bitcoin achieves mainstream that will be possible to exchange anywhere the bitcoin into fiat saving a lot ,returning to the people the power of money.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:48:56 PM

ok guys i just done a quick test to compare bitcoin vs WU

to send £1000 (GBP) to thailand

costs me £1004.90 (0.49%)

and the recipient will get 53609.24THB

now lets compare that to local bitcoins (fastest way to get bitcoins without lengthy registration process)
£1000 will get me 4.429679btc

4.429679btc will get me 52317.57THB (97.59% of the value WU would give)

so im sorry to say this.. although bitcoin suggests ' low/no fee's of ~3cent' .. the reality is the spread/spot prices when trying to exchange in and exchange out are 2.41% as oppose to WU's 0.49%.

though i love bitcoin, my income is 100% and my spending is 100% bitcoin for the last few years. i do have to keep my mind in the reality of the real world, and not the world of PR half truths.

so if you are going to talk about WU being crap, try not to say about the 'low fee' argument that makes bitcoin better.. because whether its hidden as exchange spread, or categorically advertised as a fee.. it still ends up costing the sender or recipient something no matter what buzz word you use.

so try to lead the the true benefits and not the wishy washy selective wording stuff..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 11:43:55 PM

local bitcoin has some absurd prices.  one should use another source to convert to local currency.  The real solution is in Western Union to actually use bitcoin.  They trade currencies in almost every country, handle almost every currency.  Bitcoin could provide WU huge cost reduction in internal transaction fees.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 12:06:10 AM

I prefer to use Bitcoin than western union but even with WU has its advantages and disadvantages, 1 is their shocking fees the more uo send more and bigger the fee is and that they should just make 1 fee regardless of the amount you send would be a lot better. Bitcoin send any amounts and little fees regardless of waht your sending. But with sending BTC it is final you cant recover your funds if sent wrong amount or sent to wrong address. If bitcoin had this method or some sort of security that allows you to pull coin back with  a central athuritity actioning this if allowed or not then would be good but then would be crazy for scammers.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
tansuo

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 12:10:57 AM

totally agree
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 01:43:24 AM

To move funds securely should not be free, I don't think anyone's ever suggested that. The only way it should be free is if you, yourself, are physically handing the funds over. In that situation, you take the risk of losing the funds upon yourself, and that in itself is enough of a fee. (Let's not get started on the taxes involved with that, though.)
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/western-union-rips-off-bitcoin-doesnt/
http://www.bitcoingroup.in/bitcoin-comparisions/why-sending-money-using-bitcoin-is-better-than-western-union/
virusasog

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 07:11:09 AM

At present you need two bitcoin exchanges to send your money from one country to another. It will take some time to do.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: