Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:03:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN IS BETTER THAN WESTERN UNION ?  (Read 70154 times)
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:44:01 PM

Well some user has already proof that bitcoin looses against western union,as with it you can send and receive anytime any currency,try to do this with bitcoin,exchange it to fiat isnt soo easy at some countries,i would always support bitcoin against any other way but well the reallity is that people still use the western because they make a good service.
But in my view only those people who are still not aware bitcoin and it's advantages only using Western Union for their international money transfers. But also in many countries people do not have all facility to use their bitcoins so they will be continuing to use Western Union.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:03:34 PM

Bitcoin is better in every aspect than Western Union IMO, the coverage, the size and the incomparable fees between the huge fees WU charges and the small fees bitcoin charges, The only thing bitcoin needs to is reaching the market using WU and it should be easy for bitcoin after that.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:05:49 PM

Bitcoin is way way better than Western Union/PayPal/Money Gram/etc. Fast processing, very low fees, anonymously transferring.
buddu

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:06:22 PM

Western Union still has scary fees for transactions just couple of days ago I tried to send some amount when I saw fee I changed my mind and used from my Bitcoin fund which I was holding for some other reason.Bitcoin is just better than Western Union in low fee and freedom and fast way it offers.
storyrelativity

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 12:46:14 AM

I agree bitcoin is better than the western union.bitcoin is very fast transaction if u are home u can send and revive money vastly and no hassle . but the western union u need to go the near western union to send or revive money. Bitcoin are low charge fees by sending but the western union it is high price charge fees.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:02:23 AM

It's an outdated but well entrenched model
Any service that can out do them in receiving money, sending money and converting money will win out in time.
We just need a full service business to get it started but 2/3 on the edge is a good start.

An "outdated but well entrenched model" is accurate:
Founded    Rochester, New York, U.S.
(1851; 165 years ago)
...Western Union bought out smaller companies rapidly, and by 1860 its lines reached from the East Coast to the Mississippi River, and from the Great Lakes to the Ohio River. In 1861 it opened the first transcontinental telegraph.

IMO, They do not belong in the modern world, but they still employ ~7,000 people.

adibe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:37:48 AM

Bitcoin is more more better than Western Union. Without the shitload of fee from Western Union, and if you work on other country and want sent your money to your family, bitcoin is the best answer.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 02:30:03 AM

Bitcoin is more more better than Western Union. Without the shitload of fee from Western Union, and if you work on other country and want sent your money to your family, bitcoin is the best answer.

yes bitcoin makes it easy for everyone wherever they are, whenever he wants and at whatever is important to have an internet connection. everything can be done. very easy. anyone can do it yourself.
nostal02

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 02:53:23 AM

yes bitcoin makes it easy for everyone wherever they are, whenever he wants and at whatever is important to have an internet connection. everything can be done. very easy. anyone can do it yourself.

The fees that westernunion take from its client just to send money any abroad is high and bitcoin out fees westernunion with that and its much faster when transferring money from bitcoin that westernunion.
nuevo

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 03:26:19 AM

I'm grateful I found this thread because while running tonight I had this epiphany about money transfers. Before I launch into it, I believe ideas are like toys, if you're not going to play with them you should give them away. So if you like what I suggest take it, it's yours. If you ever want to hire me as a consultant or a position PM me.

It's very trendy to talk about disruptive technology and to say that you've created a piece of technology that is revolutionary but if no one uses it, how revolutionary or disruptive is it really?

We can all agree that bitcoin is cheaper, faster, and overall better at moving money around the world but if it's so great why hasn't it been adopted yet?

I'm not an expert on the overlap of the people who regularly use bitcoin vs. those who regularly transfer funds but I'm going to assume there isn't a significant overlap.

If you want people to use bitcoin to transfer funds and disrupt the legacy industry of money transmitters you have to make it easy for people to use. The easiest way to do this that I can think of is to retrofit existing Bitcoin ATM or designing a terminal that is a multi-functional. I'm not an expert at KYC/AML and money transmitter laws so please feel free to correct me but Western Union is going to ask you for the same things that any bitcoin fund transfer company would use. The way that I envision this working is you could deposit fiat in person or if you were unable you could use a debit card.

The reason that having BTC ATMs that also worked as a hub for BTC wire transfers is they can be programmed to work with unique key and in a specific geographic location, much like the current money transmitter security technology.

For example, Let's say you wanted to send money from New York to your family back home in Mexico. You buy the BTC in USD at one ATM and your family can withdraw it in pesos in another BTC ATM in Mexico.

For those that have read this and want to know what makes this plan different than any of the VC backed plans out there that are currently in beta, this plan includes the seamless transfer of fiat to bitcoin to another fiat and transfers it anywhere in the world. This merges the current way people move money around, in convenience stores or online, and improves the security, the cost, and speed. The only challenge is that bitcoin ATMs aren't everywhere and that is currently a draw back.

If you were willing to you could create a network starting with one in every major metropolitan hubs and branching out.

I thought of this because I love efficiency and I love win-win business solutions, this guide would allow you to serve customers worldwide and to build a great business.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 05:30:36 AM

how? bitcoin is a online or digital currency. if some one wan't to send money to his family in other country. then he must go with bank transfer or western union. because bitcoin can't be used like real money, we must exchange it first to local currency. and for local currency transfer western union is best choice.. bitcoin is best for online use only.
jethrorn99

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 06:56:34 AM

Agreed. If you work in another nation and you need to send money to your family, Bitcoin is better for that.

But if your family didn't understand bitcoin, it's going to be a hard time using bitcoin.
maxj57634

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 07:13:05 AM

Agreed. If you work in another nation and you need to send money to your family, Bitcoin is better for that.

But if your family didn't understand bitcoin, it's going to be a hard time using bitcoin.

Its not that hard to understand bitcoin in just a few easy steps you can withdraw money from your country if you have a service provider that accept bitcoin.
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 07:17:09 AM

ya, when want to send on another nation with bitcoin, both of sender and receiver must know about bitcoin first or at least know place that we can change bitcoin to fiat. but if with western union receiver only need to take the money

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Boosterious

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 07:46:56 AM

i dont think if comparing bitcoin and western is make sense,this two payment method is diiferent,so is sure if bitcoin was better than western union,but i think its not make some people stop using western union and start using bitcoin,the matter is bitcoin have no official office or marchant like western union.

WonderChild

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 07:49:00 AM

In my opinion, Western Union proves to be a more secure way of money trading and paying, However, Bitcoin is far superior due to its low transaction fees, good security and simplicity!
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 07:54:41 AM

In my opinion, Western Union proves to be a more secure way of money trading and paying, However, Bitcoin is far superior due to its low transaction fees, good security and simplicity!

Can you elaborate on what exactly makes you think Western Union is safer than Bitcoin when it comes to payments, etc? I really don't see Western Union having any advantages over Bitcoin.
haileysantos95

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 08:23:25 AM

Can you elaborate on what exactly makes you think Western Union is safer than Bitcoin when it comes to payments, etc? I really don't see Western Union having any advantages over Bitcoin.

Western union was hacked a few years ago and all the credit card info that they store was leaked and it lead to multi billion of dollars used underground by hackers,so western union is not safe to use.
sirohige

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 08:46:44 AM

for some people who not know about paypal, bitcoin, and other online processor Western union is best option, because he can send money instan to other country although the fee very high.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 12:20:18 PM

for some people who not know about paypal, bitcoin, and other online processor Western union is best option, because he can send money instan to other country although the fee very high.

yeah for one who is not much into the internet use, western union is a better option. Western union have given lot many services with certain time limit and fees. So upon our need we can choose the required form of transaction.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: