Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:33:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN IS BETTER THAN WESTERN UNION ?  (Read 70154 times)
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:06:46 PM

I never used Western Union, but I do believe they lowered their fees. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. As I said I never actually used it so do not insult me about it.

Nothing wrong. They haven't reduced their fee, but has increased and improved their service with much user friendly atmosphere, which a normal person expect when he is not aware of technology.

I don't think so.
In my country we have Western Union in post offices and some banks, financial agency etc.
I sew so many times how difficult is this process for people.
Sometimes phone or Internet lines broken, long time no confirmation, very long waiting etc.
When I send money with BTC, it's done in seconds and my identity is protected. Smiley
So, my answer to the question is only possible one: Bitcoin.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ronaldinho_07

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 05:32:12 PM

I never used Western Union, but I do believe they lowered their fees. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. As I said I never actually used it so do not insult me about it.

Nothing wrong. They haven't reduced their fee, but has increased and improved their service with much user friendly atmosphere, which a normal person expect when he is not aware of technology.

I don't think so.
In my country we have Western Union in post offices and some banks, financial agency etc.
I sew so many times how difficult is this process for people.
Sometimes phone or Internet lines broken, long time no confirmation, very long waiting etc.
When I send money with BTC, it's done in seconds and my identity is protected. Smiley
So, my answer to the question is only possible one: Bitcoin.

Well i agree with you about those steps to be made before be able to send the money but bitcoins arent yet exchanged everywhere soo sending btc to a country that hasnt anyone to trade to fiat will be worthing nothing,thats the only problem related to bitcoin,besides that bitcoin its better without hesitate any moment.
Slowturtleinc

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:28:55 PM

Got a notice in the mail for a western union transfer 2 days ago that I made in 2008 that some how I am able to get my hands on due to a law suit that I refused to join. So now I am wondering how my name got tagged to this lawsuit and what kind of fishing attempt is going on. For one I have to contact California when I am residing in Canada and it states that you should contact your local area but does not give me a number for this.
So the instructions are to log in to this site and type in my last name to see what properties are owed to me.
Guess any Tom,Dick or Harry can punch in names to see if you have money owed to you if they know the link.

My dealings with Western Union have always been suspect and the round about dance they would make me go through was annoying when they knew I was sending funds for gambling. Gambling funds can be seized so they would constantly stop my transfers and make me call them or they would call me inquiring if I knew the receiver and other fishing questions.
Really just wanted me to say it was for gambling so they could stop me.

Screw them!

██████████            Gunthar: Fast and Serious Lending Service
█████████       ●●●● ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● ●●●●
██████████    ●●●● Don't loose your collateral: refinance with us ●●●●
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 09:39:52 PM

WU is history

Use bitcoins to enjoy much more benefits with lowest transaction costs, the day I have started to use bitcoin I haven't entered the doorstep of WU.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 09:46:51 PM

WU is history

Use bitcoins to enjoy much more benefits with lowest transaction costs, the day I have started to use bitcoin I haven't entered the doorstep of WU.

*Looks at Western Union*
*Looks at Bitcoin*

20 years later...

Bitcoin is $2000 apiece, and TX fees are 0.002 after so many halvings.

Cool Still cheaper then WU.
peta4e

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 09:54:17 PM

WU is history

*Looks at Western Union*
*Looks at Bitcoin*

20 years later...

Yeah bitcoin will rule the world in future mate and we all are very much sure about that, as bitcoin is still in its initial stage now but its very popular so just imagine where it will be landing in future.
ronaldinho_07

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 11:54:29 PM

Well in 20 years bitcoin may achieve mainstream soo western union may become uselless or running into small regions were there is no internet.Soo the thing is bitcoin just need merchants adoption to hit the market and all dark image stops around bitcoin.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 12:41:10 AM

WU is history

*Looks at Western Union*
*Looks at Bitcoin*

20 years later...

the thing make difference between both western union and bitcoin are , western union only need 10 years to be a global money transfer leader and bitcoin still making a development after 7 years.
no doubt bitcoin is the cheapest fee money transfer , but it is useless when people still don't know about bitcoin.
CrimBit (OP)

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 01:10:43 AM

WU is history

*Looks at Western Union*
*Looks at Bitcoin*

20 years later...

i think in future we will find new cooding, like clasic wallet, so we can still transfer bitcoin with lower fee, maybe we can send 1mb with fee only 50satoshi  Cheesy Grin
blunderer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 01:15:48 AM

WU is history

*Looks at Western Union*
*Looks at Bitcoin*

20 years later...

Because you use WU whenever you have to buy a cup of coffee or a pack of smokes? You know that the rest of the world uses cash/credit, right?
Now imagine you had to pay an extra $4 (.002 * 2000) every time you needed to buy a cup of coffee?
And, "after all the halvings," miners will have to charge quite a bit more than .002, because ...all those halvings Sad
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 01:32:01 AM

I usually transfer money to my friend via WU ( Western Union ) But when I'm being introduced with bitcoin, so I'm using bitcoin because there are more advantage compare I'm using WU. For example : fast transaction, lowest fee , reliable , and very easy to set the payment. Imagine if all people bitcoin for transfer globally, it will affect bitcoin value as well

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
adibe

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 01:40:27 AM

I usually transfer money to my friend via WU ( Western Union ) But when I'm being introduced with bitcoin, so I'm using bitcoin because there are more advantage compare I'm using WU. For example : fast transaction, lowest fee , reliable , and very easy to set the payment. Imagine if all people bitcoin for transfer globally, it will affect bitcoin value as well

Yes i agree with you. Especially the fee for both is completely different, i rather pick bitcoin than western union for transfer money to my parents. the fee is not high, and it's fast transaction and easy to use.
ronaldinho_07

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 11:41:38 PM

Well bitcoin is being attacked since the begining and connected to the silk road and black market,and after the drop from the 1000 dollars people lost fait at it,soo some know it dont use because its very volatil ,and they dont feel safe handling such hot thing.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 12:06:13 AM

If you want to compare between western union and bitcoin, i will choose bitcoin because its easier and cheaper but for reputation western union has the advantage, but sending in bitcoin you must calculate the fiat rate and then send it and then the person need to convert it back..so its a bit inconvenient
But still bitcoin is better than western  union in my opinion
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 12:21:20 AM

The bitcoin is way better than the western union with the western you can transfer money to another country of course, globally but the point is it takes ages, its just ridiculous.
With the bitcoin in fact this is not the point at all its easy to use and also globally transferable in minutes.
storyrelativity

Activity: 98

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 12:50:59 AM

The bitcoin is way better than the western union with the western you can transfer money to another country of course, globally but the point is it takes ages, its just ridiculous.
With the bitcoin in fact this is not the point at all its easy to use and also globally transferable in minutes.
Yeah bitcoin is better than the western union u can transfer money fastly anywhere u  from. U can't go to the western union account to process send money all u need is ur phone to send money to ur love ones less hassle and  less transaction fees.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Scream

U will never know the true answer, before you try

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:08:10 AM

Yeah bitcoin is better than the western union u can transfer money fastly anywhere u  from. U can't go to the western union account to process send money all u need is ur phone to send money to ur love ones less hassle and  less transaction fees.

with bitcoin we can transfer money from everywhere with less fee, but sometimes we need highest fee for withdraw our BTC to local currency.

in my country the fee withdraw is 1% Sad
storyrelativity

Activity: 98

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:15:25 AM

with bitcoin we can transfer money from everywhere with less fee, but sometimes we need highest fee for withdraw our BTC to local currency.

Oh no in my country the fee is 0% . I use coins.phwallet from Philippines .coins.ph is no transaction fees in sending money and recieving . we have fees only in cashout in remitancess but a little amount only. Try to use coins.ph ,block chain or xapo .

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
HarryFlashman

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:30:33 AM

This is pretty useless thread! Everybody who knows about Bitcoin knows that it's better than Western Union. But where Western Union shines is that it is EVERYWHERE. Everybody can use it and getting money is very secure for sender and receiver. Everything else about it sucks.

We would know because we sell and take: Western Union, Moneygram, credit cards, bank wires, Paypal and BTC. WU became a huge pain in the ass by blocking recipients, basically refusing good transfers and screwing up our business for no reason.

Yes, we try to talk people into BTC but it is a tall order. BTC is hard to handle. Where it shines is in it's essence, send it receive it in minutes or less. Before and after it sucks. To buy it it is hard. To sell it is also hard. The most painful thing is to register yourself at exchange in order to buy BTC, sell it and get fiat money. At that point applicant must endure probing into personal data, copy passport, driver's license, bank statement, proof of this and that and I am sure they will start asking for blood and piss sent by courier in vials for testing. You tell me where is anonymity there?

We have one account at former CAVirtex and tried to get account at Bitstamp. Gave up after week or two. Couldn't stand it any more. Anyway, we are in Burlington, Ontario, Canada and have that experience. I would like that someone explain how will person from Africa get all this done? I'll tell you how ... he can't, no freaking way. Instead, he walks into nearest Western Union that is at about every tree there (and everywhere else for that matter) and send us 100 dollars + 20-30 bucks for WU fees!  
0day

Activity: 742

Hire me for your campaign management.

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:34:49 AM

Oh no in my country the fee is 0% . I use coins.phwallet from Philippines .coins.ph is no transaction fees in sending money and recieving . we have fees only in cashout in remitancess but a little amount only. Try to use coins.ph ,block chain or xapo .
My credit card and bank account is also free for any use, for any purchase, any transaction, as I have my student account in my bank, and for that account anything is free, no tax, no fees etc.

Hire me for your campaign management
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: