Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:41:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123359 times)
rally

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:00:21 PM

Is there a reason for the price rise on C-CEX ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:03:47 PM

Just people buying I think rally, there hasn't really been much for sale and eventually I think people notice this is a nice little community of crypto enthusiasts and this blockchain has great potential.  So I think just in order to get some coins in a small market the price goes up when someone wants to get some coins.   Could be related to the superblock too if someone wants to get some additional weight before then, but not necessarily related.

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:05:17 PM

It would be awesome if people could vote for moin on https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Voting  and  on https://safecex.com as well.  Having an additional exchange as Moin community grows would be really great.
rally

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:13:14 PM

Just people buying I think rally, there hasn't really been much for sale and eventually I think people notice this is a nice little community of crypto enthusiasts and this blockchain has great potential.  So I think just in order to get some coins in a small market the price goes up when someone wants to get some coins.   Could be related to the superblock too if someone wants to get some additional weight before then, but not necessarily related.

Thanks for the quick answer.
That can indeed be a reason.

KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 10:05:43 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 10:17:29 PM by KingCaper

It would be awesome if people could vote for moin on https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Voting  and  on https://safecex.com as well.  Having an additional exchange as Moin community grows would be really great.

Plus if you'd like to see MOIN on some other exchanges let them know by retweeting:

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
dukester99

Activity: 440

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:06:20 PM

Nope not going to sell. Let it run!
nara1892

Activity: 1526
Merit: 654

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:18:19 AM

@king caper
please check pm  Grin

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
PapillonV

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:48:48 AM

Who got the superblock? Show off!
HarryPorter

Activity: 607

crypto = passion

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:08:00 PM

not me, not at once..., ahhh others had more luck. That was good fun anyway. Congrat to all winners each round of SuperBLock reward.

https://www.bitmex.com/app/register/XTo064 - enjoy a 10% fee discount for 6 months.
KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 06:36:05 PM

Congratulations to you (whoever you are)!

KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 10:00:35 AM

Bootstrap file for faster initial sync:

bootstrap.dat (Block 107872)
checksums

Usage

• 1. Download and extract the bootstrap and place it in your MOIN folder:

Windows: %APPDATA%\moin\
            Mac OS: ~/Library/Application Support/moin/
            Unix/Linux: ~/.moin/

• 2. Run your wallet and let it sync using bootstrap.dat
  • 3. Once sync is done bootstrap.dat file will be renamed to bootstrap.dat.old automagically and can be safely removed.

bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:42:50 AM

checksums

Usage

• 3. Once sync is done bootstrap.dat file will be renamed to bootstrap.dat.old automagically and can be safely removed.

Thanks King, it is really nice to have a bootstrap for Moin. In other way i was thinking if would be a good idea to add Moin to some multipool for give us some buy support, zpool.ca or  similar, too i would like to know your opinion of pos pool services like coinwallet .co and if Moin could benefit of it,  i really like this project but i think it still have more growth capacity, you know more users more services..etc
KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 11:08:21 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2016, 12:52:05 PM by KingCaper

Thanks King, it is really nice to have a bootstrap for Moin. In other way i was thinking if would be a good idea to add Moin to some multipool for give us some buy support, zpool.ca or  similar, too i would like to know your opinion of pos pool services like coinwallet .co and if Moin could benefit of it,  i really like this project but i think it still have more growth capacity, you know more users more services..etc

checksums

Usage

Thanks King, it is really nice to have a bootstrap for Moin. In other way i was thinking if would be a good idea to add Moin to some multipool for give us some buy support, zpool.ca or  similar, too i would like to know your opinion of pos pool services like coinwallet .co and if Moin could benefit of it,  i really like this project but i think it still have more growth capacity, you know more users more services..etc

Hey Bhokor, no problem, thank you for the suggestion - I agree I think a multipool would be great for MOIN. I approached steakcloud.com a few weeks back who said we were being added to their waiting list after review and said to "get as much support as you can as this will really help your effort to be selected as a supported coin on Steak Cloud". Please send them a tweet if you can to let them know you'd like MOIN as a payment option.

I'll send a message to zpool.ca today too. As for PoS pool services, I'm personally a bit wary of them since they expose users to the same risks that storing your coins on a centralized exchange does. But it's not up to me to tell people what to do with their money. Like SteakCloud they respond to community demand more than anything else, so if you'd like to see MOIN on a site please send them an email or open a support ticket to let them know.

Thanks again for your input and let us know if you've any other thoughts on ways to help the project grow. I'll be making a post later today about the v1 -> v2 swap in which I'll address the issue a bit further.

KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 08:45:55 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2016, 10:23:52 AM by KingCaper

Ending the Moincoin to MOIN Swap

As we stated several months ago our intention was to burn any MOIN left over from the swap after the final Superblock. The Superblock has now passed so decisions must be made. Aside from burning all remaining MOIN, a few other options have occurred to us that I think are worth exploring.

What to do with the remaining MOIN?

• 1. Burn all remaining MOIN after the last Superblock as originally intended.

• 2. Keep some of the remaining MOIN as a fund for bounties and giveaways.

• 3. Give away all remaining MOIN in a decred-like airdrop for members of the crypto community.

• 4. Offer the remaining MOIN for purchase in an IPO with the BTC raised being used to fund the project.

• 5. Create a proof-of-work token with a supply equal to the number of MOIN left over that people can mine and then swap for MOIN. To avoid a similar situation arising a firm cut-off date for the swap would be set and clearly stated from the beginning.

• 6. Extend the swap for another three months and then decide what to do with the remaining MOIN.

• 7. Extend the swap indefinitely.

When should the swap end?

So first and foremost we need to settle upon a date to end the swap. Our primary concern is the integrity and long-term success of the project. We opened the thread stating our intent to take over on July 19th last year (over six months ago) and the swap began just over three months ago on Nov 11th. Given the project was originally abandoned after only a few weeks, I think people have been given a more than fair amount of time to make the swap. Yet at the moment 47% of all Moincoin has been burned in exchange for MOIN. More than anything we don't want anyone to be able to claim legitimately that they weren't given enough time to make the exchange. To that end over the next week I'll be PM'ing everyone who's posted in the previous threads to ask that they swap their Moincoin if they haven't already. I'll also be asking Yobit if it would be possible to put a notice with a link to the swap page on their Moincoin/Bitcoin page.

The future

Our plans haven't changed. We are dedicated to the project and will remain so regardless of what's decided regarding the swap and remaining coins. We're happy with how things have been progressing and extremely grateful to the community that's grown around the project for their help and support. We've also learned a lot. One thing I will say is that I think I underestimated how much dealing with other aspects of the project would take away from the time I have for working on development. I intend to redress the balance a bit going forward.

With regard to the remaining coins - we're open to other options too so let us know if you have a suggestion. I do however think it's important to set a hard date for the end of the swap so that we can move forward. The decision will obviously affect the whole community, so we'd be grateful to hear what each of you think about it and ask that you keep in mind the ramifications for the long-term health of the project while considering the options.

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:29:32 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2016, 01:07:47 PM by Jookly

For me #1 is the best option followed by #6 and then #7.

My reasoning is that #1 is what was announced would happen.  In terms of trust it makes a whole lot of sense to do what was said would happen.  #6 seems ok to me because I really see no issue with people continuing to swap coins if they want, the downside there is simply that it requires KingCaper to keep the MoinV1 chain alive and takes his time to do the swaps as well.  #7 is really similar to #6 but the cost to KingCaper is extended forever, doesn't really seem practical but it would be ok.

#2, #3, #4, and #5 don't make a lot of sense to me.  #2 is the least troublesome but still from a new investor standpoint having the dev team hold ANY large chunk of coins is really not great.  #3 is the worst idea, it would double the coin supply and basically give those new coins generated at zero cost to people that could not care less about the future of this blockchain.  #4 is kind of interesting but there would need to be additional details discussed.  #5 is interesting too but again this will lead to mass dumping.

So basically my perspective is there is no reason to deviate from the original plan and I do not see how any of the new options will benefit the Moin community.  Trust is built simply by turning words into action and for Moin to come all this way and then decide to take a different path would be kind of disappointing.
axllht

Activity: 314

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:25:08 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2016, 12:37:16 PM by axllht

I have idea for finalising SWAP's procces:

1. SWAP end should be preceded by intense campaing (next 10 days to end of february) including clearly proclaimed principles on all medias where Moin coin v1 was active, forums, reddit, tweeter etc

2. SWAP end should be in many phases, every next month 10% of unswaped MOINs v2 should be destroyed:

March 10% of initial amount to burn and then 1 moincoin v1 = 9 MOIN v2
April  10% of initial amount to burn and then 1 moincoin v1 = 8 MOIN v2
May  10% of initial amount to burn and then 1 moincoin v1 = 7 MOIN v2
etc.

transparency, consistent and fair

alternative methods: every month 20% or 50% of moins v2 should be destroyed and reward for Moincoins v1 should be proportional decreased.

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:34:59 AM

I think that is an interesting option axllht, burning some ever x period of time and having the conversion factor reduce so that there is always enough coins to cover the total amount of moinv1 that may be swapped.  thanks for sharing
KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 02:50:30 PM

For me #1 is the best option followed by #6 and then #7.

My reasoning is that #1 is what was announced would happen.  In terms of trust it makes a whole lot of sense to do what was said would happen.  #6 seems ok to me because I really see no issue with people continuing to swap coins if they want, the downside there is simply that it requires KingCaper to keep the MoinV1 chain alive and takes his time to do the swaps as well.  #7 is really similar to #6 but the cost to KingCaper is extended forever, doesn't really seem practical but it would be ok.

#2, #3, #4, and #5 don't make a lot of sense to me.  #2 is the least troublesome but still from a new investor standpoint having the dev team hold ANY large chunk of coins is really not great.  #3 is the worst idea, it would double the coin supply and basically give those new coins generated at zero cost to people that could not care less about the future of this blockchain.  #4 is kind of interesting but there would need to be additional details discussed.  #5 is interesting too but again this will lead to mass dumping.

So basically my perspective is there is no reason to deviate from the original plan and I do not see how any of the new options will benefit the Moin community.  Trust is built simply by turning words into action and for Moin to come all this way and then decide to take a different path would be kind of disappointing.

Thanks Jookly, some really good points and I think we're pretty much in accord as to how best to proceed. I personally think #1 is the best option too, because as you point out this was stated as our intention back when we relaunched. It's likely that people have factored it into their decision to invest, so it doesn't seem right not to follow through. On those grounds I think #3 (airdrop), #4 (IPO for some/all remaining MOIN) and #5 (a PoW token that can be swapped for MOIN) should probably be ruled out. The main reason I added those was that they'd provide an instance boost to the size of the community, but if we continue our work hopefully it will grow organically.

I have idea for finalising SWAP's procces:

1. SWAP end should be preceded by intense campaing (next 10 days to end of february) including clearly proclaimed principles on all medias where Moin coin v1 was active, forums, reddit, tweeter etc

2. SWAP end should be in many phases, every next month 10% of unswaped MOINs v2 should be destroyed:

March 10% of initial amount to burn and then 1 moincoin v1 = 9 MOIN v2
April  10% of initial amount to burn and then 1 moincoin v1 = 8 MOIN v2
May  10% of initial amount to burn and then 1 moincoin v1 = 7 MOIN v2
etc.

transparency, consistent and fair

alternative methods: every month 20% or 50% of moins v2 should be destroyed and reward for Moincoins v1 should be proportional decreased.

This sounds like a good way to do it, but I think we should make it over 10 weeks rather than 10 months. I don't think extending it for almost a year is fair for the reason mentioned before: we stated previously we'd be burning all MOIN after the final Superblock so it's likely that people have factored that into their decision to invest. I think making one last push to let anyone who's been on a desert island for the last six months know about the swap, and then winding it down over a 10-week period from the start of March would be a fair way to do it.

vashshawn

Activity: 530
Merit: 253

LDOGE aka Litedoge -stakeable 2.0 doge

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 08:30:41 PM

I prefer the 7th option

★ such speed much staking very cute ★  
                  such fun tipping and payment coin                  
             L i t e D o g e  (LDOGE)
      lite version of DOGE coin fair launch No Premine      
very website such twitter wow forum ★  

[/center]
Astroke

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:16:04 PM

Hi,

First option is what was agreed, why change the promise at the last moment?
Just decide a date and communicate accordingly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: