Bitcoin Forum
March 25, 2017, 08:01:51 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Poll
Question: I will be posting the DNET Price on the twitter at a set interval. Please vote for the frequency I will post it, I Want to lessen the complains of over activity.. Smiley
every 15 min - 26 (15.1%)
every 30 min - 7 (4.1%)
every hour - 31 (18%)
every 2 hours - 12 (7%)
every 4 hours - 96 (55.8%)
Total Voters: 172

Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - POS 2.0 - ZEROCOIN PROTOCOL  (Read 367092 times)
AngusCanine

Activity: 882

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 11:13:55 PM

How do i activate stakeing in my wallet?
now i cant open the wallet, terminal spits this back after trying: Segmentation fault (core dumped), previous to that it said something was corrupt and wanted to reload the blockchain?

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoRambler

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 11:23:10 PM

To be honest, it was very hard to pick a unique, recognizable name that is marketable, has unique ID availability and is globally acceptable etc.

Many famous brand/product names sound really weird but yeah, they do sink in over time.

A name is as good as the product/company behind it.

So focus will be put on the development, marketing & infrastructure to ensure success with any name.

But yeah, nothing is finalized until it is finalized. Cool

Centralization at its best!
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:28:33 AM

We asked/notified every contactable masternode owner to vote as well as anyone on slack.
So we actually included more people than just doing a decentralized MNO proposal/voting.
This was done to further minimize any form of manipulation. I assume you weren't included?

BTW, I do think that utilizing the MNO/wallet-based voting is best. So this isn't going away.
If you have detailed ideas on how to further improve things, please let the dev team know.

Follow me on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/jakimanboy
DRPD

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 05:38:19 AM

We asked/notified every contactable masternode owner to vote as well as anyone on slack.
So we actually included more people than just doing a decentralized MNO proposal/voting.
This was done to further minimize any form of manipulation. I assume you weren't included?

BTW, I do think that utilizing the MNO/wallet-based voting is best. So this isn't going away.
If you have detailed ideas on how to further improve things, please let the dev team know.

where/how can i vote (slack is no option for me)?

btw: happy new year all
jakiman
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 06:31:36 AM

If you PM me your email address (even a temp one), I can pass it on to the team who can add you to the survey list.

For those that can create a slack account (which I highly recommend), please follow the instructions on this link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/darknetcrypto/comments/5kr41o/come_vote_for_a_new_darknet_name/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=darknetcrypto

(1 more day to go)

DRPD

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 06:50:28 AM

If you PM me your email address (even a temp one), I can pass it on to the team who can add you to the survey list.

For those that can create a slack account (which I highly recommend), please follow the instructions on this link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/darknetcrypto/comments/5kr41o/come_vote_for_a_new_darknet_name/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=darknetcrypto

(1 more day to go)

thanks & pm done.

mn/wallet-based voting would be a good thing in my opinion ...
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 09:14:24 AM

Im sure the community can come up with better names.
EStanek

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 05:20:46 PM

The key word is 'can'.

What I mean by that is the statement; "I'm sure the community can come up with better names." might be true. But the statement "I'm sure the community will come up with better names." is not.

There is a lot to the process. It needs to be unique, short, have domains and social media accounts available, be free of Trade Mark threats, easy to pronounce, not be troll-able when mispronounced, and have some background meaning that starts us off with an image we can more easily brand. Probably the hardest is getting consensus. At the very start, it was agreed that to make sure it was a unique name, it could not have the word 'Coin', 'Cash', 'Bit', 'Crypto' etc. in it.

Based on those points, every single one of your suggestions would be immediately trashed. Don't feel bad. Probably every one of us in the 're-brand team' made similar suggestions that got trashed while we climbed the learning curve.

I should also add that this process was done with the community involvement.

ZONO was one I didn't like at all at first. But, when I approached some close friends, there was 2 or 3 that made the same point. That was that every other name caused some sort of image to pop into their head, that they then had to determine if it was something to 'attach' or 'detach' from the name to get an understanding of what the product/service was. With ZONO, it was like a 'clean slate'. No image came to mind. Only; "What's that?" That's the perfect first question/thought. In other words, a name that is easy to attach a new brand to - because nothing is there yet.

REZALUTE was another I was not keen on. Now I really like it. The firm we hired has a lot of awesome marketing ideas that revolve around that name. If chosen, I am excited to see how those ideas work out.

I should add that this is just the name selection part. The same firm will be doing all the logo/creative work too, once a name is chosen. Please feel free to be part of that process.

So, when I say "I'm sure the community will not come up with better names." I mean that they won't on their own. Having a professional firm really helped. Having said that, I absolutely could be wrong. Please feel free to go ahead and try to come up with a better name. Worst case, I am wrong, and Darknet gets a better name. I'm OK with that!

You said "I'm sure the community can dream up some better ones in 10 mins." That's good - because the voting deadline is approx 24 hours from now. Better get going! Smiley

Also - when you do go through the process, be certain to budget around $300-$400 to secure the various domain names ahead of time so that the squatters don't grab them just before the vote.

Cheers!
AngusCanine

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 05:41:29 PM

The key word is 'can'.

What I mean by that is the statement; "I'm sure the community can come up with better names." might be true. But the statement "I'm sure the community will come up with better names." is not.

There is a lot to the process. It needs to be unique, short, have domains and social media accounts available, be free of Trade Mark threats, easy to pronounce, not be troll-able when mispronounced, and have some background meaning that starts us off with an image we can more easily brand. Probably the hardest is getting consensus. At the very start, it was agreed that to make sure it was a unique name, it could not have the word 'Coin', 'Cash', 'Bit', 'Crypto' etc. in it.

Based on those points, every single one of your suggestions would be immediately trashed. Don't feel bad. Probably every one of us in the 're-brand team' made similar suggestions that got trashed while we climbed the learning curve.

I should also add that this process was done with the community involvement.

ZONO was one I didn't like at all at first. But, when I approached some close friends, there was 2 or 3 that made the same point. That was that every other name caused some sort of image to pop into their head, that they then had to determine if it was something to 'attach' or 'detach' from the name to get an understanding of what the product/service was. With ZONO, it was like a 'clean slate'. No image came to mind. Only; "What's that?" That's the perfect first question/thought. In other words, a name that is easy to attach a new brand to - because nothing is there yet.

REZALUTE was another I was not keen on. Now I really like it. The firm we hired has a lot of awesome marketing ideas that revolve around that name. If chosen, I am excited to see how those ideas work out.

I should add that this is just the name selection part. The same firm will be doing all the logo/creative work too, once a name is chosen. Please feel free to be part of that process.

So, when I say "I'm sure the community will not come up with better names." I mean that they won't on their own. Having a professional firm really helped. Having said that, I absolutely could be wrong. Please feel free to go ahead and try to come up with a better name. Worst case, I am wrong, and Darknet gets a better name. I'm OK with that!

You said "I'm sure the community can dream up some better ones in 10 mins." That's good - because the voting deadline is approx 24 hours from now. Better get going! Smiley

Also - when you do go through the process, be certain to budget around $300-$400 to secure the various domain names ahead of time so that the squatters don't grab them just before the vote.

Cheers!
why the newbie account? whats your other alias

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson
EStanek

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 06:24:13 PM

"why the newbie account? whats your other alias"

Because I didn't have an account here yet.
jakiman
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 10:18:51 PM

Any dev who can code but just need some good ideas, please get in touch with me or s3v3nh4cks.
More devs means more things will get done in less time and we have many great ideas Smiley

If you are good at anything else (marketing, blogging, videos, writing wiki's or tutorials, mobile apps, web design etc.), you are VERY welcome as well.
You can do as little or as much as you wish. Any help will be appreciated. Compensation is possible also. We prefer to get things done without politics.

Samoshi

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 06:42:32 AM

DNET = Decentralized Network ??
jakiman
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:16:07 AM

It's actually short for DARKNET.

But we are currently in the process of re-branding with a new name which should happen very soon.

Samoshi

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:19:43 AM

It's actually short for DARKNET.

But we are currently in the process of re-branding with a new name which should happen very soon.

My point is, DNET can be rebrand in THE distributed network.... or THE decentralized network.

Let me send you "2 decentralized network tokens"....
jakiman
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 12:44:08 PM

My point is, DNET can be rebrand in THE distributed network.... or THE decentralized network.

Let me send you "2 decentralized network tokens"....

Ah. I get you now. I do like how it'll keep DNET short name which I'm quite used to. Smiley
But to those who aren't, I feel it's slightly confusing due to the word ending with NET.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 01:18:42 PM

I like darknet (the name) it was the only reason I even clicked on the thread.

Where is the vote or poll on this thread that says the entire community wants a name change? I see some twitter update poll this is more important.

No way zonovera is a good move.

Where is the funding for this rebranding coming from anyway?

Rather spend money on a coder to update massively the wallet and set up affiliation with a ton of vps so we can have a couple of paste and click fields to set up masternodes in a few seconds instead of jumping through a ton of hoops and hassle.
borris123

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:00:45 PM

Where is the vote or poll on this thread that says the entire community wants a name change? I see some twitter update poll this is more important.

Rather spend money on a coder to update massively the wallet and set up affiliation with a ton of vps so we can have a couple of paste and click fields to set up masternodes in a few seconds instead of jumping through a ton of hoops and hassle.

neither of the 3 are a good move but the select few have pushed these. i thought this is what we were trying to get rid of like dash where what the few say goes. I have not voted because a no vote is better than those names. that rebrand comany has had your pants down if those are the best names they came up with out of the 70 or so they did.

it needs opening up to everyone a poll where whoever has a good idea can add to the poll. then once that poll is complete tally up the top votes of each name say top 10? then do a poll on these names. then a masternode vote on top of that? maybe not the masternode vote but i thought that was what the voting system was for.

Pffrt

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:18:03 PM

what are the alternative names? i see no mention on the OP unless i missed it?
private instant verified eXchange or Rezalute or zonovera

must agree with above these are terrible names.

+1

I also agree. I think none of the names are catchy or easily remembered, and they also don't really mean anything.
EStanek

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:22:26 PM

Boris123 and CryptoHunter:

The bigger problem is that the Master Node ownership is not well distributed at this point. The Whales would veto the community. While the process we went with may not be perfect, it is far better than letting only 3 or 4 people decide. Further, it was those same whales that agreed to remove their bias to the name selection by doing it this way.

The funding for the re-brand was donated by a community member. No one else offered to contribute.

Personally, I am getting more and more involved, and I can tell you that every person I speak with is apprehensive about the Darknet name. They love that it implies privacy, but do NOT like that at the same time it implies illegal activity. More importantly, it is holding almost everyone back from joining and contributing to the community. In other words, the current name is part of the reason that Darknet is not better distributed already.

I am an entrepreneur. Many many years ago, I thought sales and marketing was a joke and anyone in that industry just wanted to enjoy long lunches and play gold all day with potential clients. Now I know how important marketing is, and just building a 'better mouse trap' alone is not enough. Marketing matters a lot. Probably more than the underlying technology of the virtual currency.

I invite you both to be an active part of the next phase of the re-brand when we decide on the creative artwork the vendor submits.

I also invite you both to get involved in the work starting on maturing the Darknet Governance or defining the Manifesto. Please touch base with @cryptosi on the Darknet Slack to see where you can help.

Sorry if I missed a question - please let me know if I did.

Cheers!
DRPD

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:37:36 PM

neither of the 3 are a good move but the select few have pushed these. i thought this is what we were trying to get rid of like dash where what the few say goes. I have not voted because a no vote is better than those names. that rebrand comany has had your pants down if those are the best names they came up with out of the 70 or so they did.

it needs opening up to everyone a poll where whoever has a good idea can add to the poll. then once that poll is complete tally up the top votes of each name say top 10? then do a poll on these names. then a masternode vote on top of that? maybe not the masternode vote but i thought that was what the voting system was for.

well even if i'm pro rebranding (darknet is maybe a cool name but a no go for mass adoption) i agree with you.

in my opinion we should not determine the name in isolation. at least with a new logo and/or maybe other stuff e.g. an overall marketing concept.

i think this is a realy important decision & i do not understand the hurry. the decision should be more democratic.

@EStanek i understand your point. maybe just 1 vote don't matter how much mn's someone own or something like that. there must be a democratic solution for this problem!

i hope i made myself clear (problems with translation today still some hangover i guess Tongue)
Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.